|"You Started, You're Finishing"|
|Episode Number||12/15 (297)|
|First Broadcast||December 1, 2010|
|Viewership (in millions)||12.26|
|Previous||“We Did It Guys”|
|Next||“Not Sure Where I Stand”|
You Started, You're Finishing is the twelfth episode of Survivor: Nicaragua.
Challenge: Gulliver's Travels
The tribe would be divided into two teams by school yard pick. The teams would be tethered together and would untie an 8-foot (2.4 m) stuffed dummy from a table named "Gulliver" after the novel Gulliver's Travels. The teams would then carry the dummy through a series of obstacles. The first team to cross the finish line would win.
Reward: Movie (Gulliver's Travels) and snacks
Winners: Blue Team ( Holly Hoffman gave up her reward in exchange for a tarp and a can of rice for the tribe)
|Reward Challenge: Gulliver's Travels|
|Won||Blue Team|| |
Benry, Chase, Holly & NaOnka
|Lost||Yellow Team|| |
Fabio, Jane, Kelly S. & Sash
| Tribal Council 11:|
NaOnka Mixon & Kelly Shinn
Still in the RunningEdit
| || || || || || || |
| || |
| || |
| || || || |
Behind The ScenesEdit
- Mixon and Shinn marked the fifth and sixth times that a contestant eliminated themselves from the game, respectively.
- The move also made this season tied with Survivor: All-Stars with the most number of quitters, with both seasons having two.
- This episode also marked the third and fourth times that a player quit at Tribal Council, following Osten Taylor from Survivor: Pearl Islands and Janu Tornell from Survivor: Palau.
- This also marked the first time that more than one contestant quit the game at one time.
- Their voluntary expulsion resulted to a controversy among fans, because the incident made it seem that they had a "free pass" to Ponderosa. This issue has been remedied, when it was revealed during the Survivor: Nicaragua reunion show that, if a player quits the game during the Jury phase of the game, the producers have to option to still include them or not in the Jury, and withhold their prize money.
- This episode also marked the first time that the players were instructed to go to Tribal Council without any twists or any preceding challenge. This was to give Kelly S. and NaOnka time to think over their decision about wanting to quit, and then if they still wanted to quit (which they did), they would be eliminated at that Tribal Council.
- After this episode, there are no more remaining women from the original La Flor tribe.
- Everyone on the yellow team was on the post tribe swap La Flor. Likewise, everyone on the blue team was on the post tribe switch Espada. Even more so, Dan backed the blue team, with he was a member of Espada.
- The episode title comes from Holly Hoffman's conversation with Kelly Shinn as Holly told her what she said to her daughter when she wanted to quit the track team.
|Survivor: Nicaragua Episodes|
“Young at Heart” · “Fatigue Makes Cowards of Us All” · “Glitter in Their Eyes” · “Pulling the Trigger ” · “Turf Wars” · “Worst Case Scenario” · “What Goes Around, Comes Around” · “Company Will Be Arriving Soon” · “Running the Camp” · “Stuck in the Middle” · “We Did It Guys” · “You Started, You're Finishing” · “Not Sure Where I Stand” · “This Is Going to Hurt” · “What About Me?”