Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"You Started, You're Finishing"|
In the midst of a harsh storm, NaOnka contemplates quitting.
|Episode Number:||12/15 (297)|
|Original Release:||December 1, 2010|
|Viewership (in millions):||12.26|
|Previous:||"We Did It Guys"|
|Next:||"Not Sure Where I Stand"|
You Started, You're Finishing is the twelfth episode of Survivor: Nicaragua.
Challenge: Gulliver's Travels
The tribe would be divided into two teams by school yard pick. The teams would be tethered together and would untie an 8-foot (2.4 m) stuffed dummy from a table named "Gulliver" after the novel Gulliver's Travels. The teams would then carry the dummy through a series of obstacles. The first team to cross the finish line would win.
Reward: Movie (Gulliver's Travels) and snacks.
Winners: Blue Team (Holly Hoffman gave up her reward in exchange for a tarp and a can of rice for the tribe)
|Reward Challenge: Gulliver's Travels|
Benry, Chase, Holly, & NaOnka
Fabio, Jane, Kelly S., & Sash
| Tribal Council 12:|
NaOnka Mixon & Kelly Shinn
|“||I feel like I owe nobody an apology—not even myself, and I have no regrets whatsoever. I made it far, so to say that I did that is a hell of an accomplishment for me.||”|
|“||I am very sorry for Alina, Marty, and Brenda. It's hard to look at them and know that they could've possibly been in the top three. I feel bad.||”|
Still in the Running
Still in the Running
Behind The Scenes
- NaOnka Mixon and Kelly Shinn's quits marked the seventh and eighth time that a contestant eliminated themselves from the game, respectively.
- The move also made this season tied with Survivor: All-Stars with the most number of quitters, with both seasons having two.
- This episode also marked the third and fourth times that a player quit at Tribal Council, following Osten Taylor from Survivor: Pearl Islands and Janu Tornell from Survivor: Palau.
- This also marked the first time that more than one contestant quit the game at one time.
- Their voluntary expulsion resulted to a controversy among fans, because the incident made it seem that they had a "free pass" to Ponderosa. This issue has been remedied, when it was revealed during the Survivor: Nicaragua Reunion Show that, if a player quits the game during the jury phase of the game, the producers have the option to still include them or not in the jury, and withhold their prize money.
- This episode also marked the first time that the players were instructed to go to Tribal Council without any twists or any preceding challenge. This was to give Kelly S. and NaOnka time to think over their decision about wanting to quit, and then if they still wanted to quit (which they did), they would be eliminated at that Tribal Council.
- After this episode, there are no more remaining females from the original La Flor tribe.
- Everyone on the yellow team was on the post tribe swap La Flor. Likewise, everyone on the blue team was on the post tribe switch Espada. Even more so, Dan Lembo backed the blue team, with he was a member of Espada.
- The episode title comes from Holly Hoffman's conversation with Kelly Shinn as Holly told her what she said to her daughter when she wanted to quit the track team.
|Survivor: Nicaragua Episodes|
"Young at Heart" · "Fatigue Makes Cowards of Us All" · "Glitter in Their Eyes" · "Pulling the Trigger" · "Turf Wars" · "Worst Case Scenario" · "What Goes Around, Comes Around" · "Company Will Be Arriving Soon" · "Running the Camp" · "Stuck in the Middle" · "We Did It Guys" · "You Started, You're Finishing" · "Not Sure Where I Stand" · "This Is Going to Hurt" · "What About Me?"