|"With Me or Not with Me"|
|Episode Number:||13/14 (454)|
|Original Release:||May 11, 2016|
|Viewership (in millions):||9.51|
|Previous:||"Now's the Time to Start Scheming"|
|Next:||"Not Going Down Without a Fight"|
With Me or Not with Me is the penultimate episode of Survivor: Kaôh Rōng.
The final five will each race into the jungle to a large wooden ladder. They will climb up the ladder and retrieve bags of sandbags. Next, they will race back to the beach and attempt to launch those sandbags into a series of targets. If a castaway runs out of sandbags, he or she is out of the challenge. First person to get one sandbag in each of their five targets wins reward. If all five castaways run out of bags, the bags will be replenished.
Reward: Overnight trip to a Survivor spa with a meal of chicken, beef, and cheesecake.
Winners: Joe del Campo (shared with Aubry Bracco and Cydney Gillon)
|Reward Challenge: 5x5|
Aubry, Cydney, Michele, & Tai
|Removed from Camp|
Joe del Campo
No Tribal Council.
|“||Crashing and burning and having the final say by Dr. Joe saying, "Yes, we're pulling you from the game," that was tough, but particularly at this stage in my life, I always need challenges. This was a big challenge. Suffering under the heat, and the rain. And I wanted to prove to myself that, "Yeah, you said you could do it. Can you do it?," and I did. So, for me, that was a great satisfaction.||”|
Still in the Running
Life at Ponderosa
After his premature elimination, Joe is examined by Dr. Joe before being taken to a local hospital to fully treat his bladder issue. It is then revealed that Joe had lost 20 lbs. during his stay in the game. Upon his arrival at Ponderosa, Debbie greets him by the docks and comforts her loyal ally. The pair then walks to the dining hut, where the rest of the jurors praise Joe for his resilience, despite being concerned about his well-being. Joe is surprised by his island makeover, especially since he had never grown a beard before. The jurors are delighted by Joe's presence, because he shared his life experiences and stories from his time in the FBI. The next day, Joe and Jason patch up their rocky relationship in the game. Joe feels appreciated by Jason's respect for his game. Getting time alone, Joe believes that the most important things in life were family and health, but most importantly to seize every opportunity in life, especially at his age.
- Joe the Emperor - The secret scene takes place at the spa reward, after Aubry and Cydney have both finished their showers. Joe steps out of the shower in a pink bathrobe. He then reminisces his time in the FBI, where he had to wear a pink button-up shirt which he was proud of, just as he was proud of wearing the pink spa robe. Aubry humorously compares Joe to a Roman emperor, basking in the booze, the fruit and the food, and the women. The threesome share a toast to prosperity.
- This episodes marks the first time that three evacuations occurred in a single season.
- With Joe del Campo's evacuation, Aubry Bracco is the last original member of Chan Loh remaining, and Tai Trang is the last male in the game.
- This episode makes Survivor: Kaôh Rōng the first season where no Hidden Immunity Idols are played since Survivor: Tocantins, and the first three-tribe season in which none of the idols were used during seasons in which they are in play.
- Michele Fitzgerald had the most confessionals this episode, with 12.
- Cydney Gillon and Joe del Campo had the fewest, with 5 each.
- The title was said by Tai Trang while speaking to Aubry Bracco about not being included in the plan to vote out Kyle Jason at the previous Tribal Council.
|Survivor: Kaôh Rōng Episodes|
"I'm a Mental Giant" · "Kindergarten Camp" · "The Circle of Life" · "Signed, Sealed and Delivered" · "The Devils We Know" · "Play or Go Home" · "It's Merge Time" · "The Jocks vs. the Pretty People" · "It's Psychological Warfare" · "I'm Not Here to Make Good Friends" · "It's a 'Me' Game, Not a 'We' Game" · "Now's the Time to Start Scheming" · "With Me or Not with Me" · "Not Going Down Without a Fight"