|"Whiners Are Wieners"|
|Episode Number:||10/15 (377)|
|Original Release:||November 21, 2012|
|Viewership (in millions):||9.37|
|Previous:||"Little Miss Perfect"|
|Next:||"Hell Hath Frozen Over"|
Whiners Are Wieners is the tenth episode of Survivor: Philippines.
Challenge: Snare the Drum
Castaways are split up into two teams of four for this challenge. In 3 circles are two drums (one red, one yellow). Each team must attempt to flip over 3 of their drums at the same time, while preventing the other team from doing so. First team to earn 3 points wins the reward.
Reward: A day at the spa, feast.
Winner: Red Team
Challenge: Push Your Luck
Castaways must navigate a buoy through a rope course. The first five to complete the course advances to the 2nd course, where they must navigate the buoy through a rope maze while moving across a balance beam. The first three to complete advances to the 3rd and final course, where they must navigate the buoy through a water course. The first person to complete the final course will win Immunity.
Winner: Carter Williams
| Tribal Council 10:|
(used Hidden Immunity Idol)
Denise, Lisa, Michael
(votes not counted)
Pete (3 votes)
Carter, Jonathan, Malcolm
Malcolm (2 votes)
| VOTED OFF:|
|“||(voting for Malcolm) This is for you. Hope you go home tonight.||”|
|“||I felt bad for Abi. Uh, she's crying and everybody ripped her apart. Uh, I've kind of learned to deal with her, but, I mean, I needed to for my game. Malcolm has a lot of power right now, he's definitely someone that they needed to get rid of, but they didn't want to do anything with it. I have a ton of regrets, but I feel good about how I left the island. I'm not happy I left it, but I did what I could.||”|
Still in the Running
Behind The Scenes
- In an interview with Dalton Ross, Jeff Probst stated that during the test run of the Reward Challenge, the Dream Team initially did a more physical approach to the challenge compared to the actual survivors performing the challenge. The Dream Team wrestled each other to hinder the other team from flipping their drums.
- Pete tries to convinces Abi to let him use her Hidden Immunity Idol. Abi refuses to do so because she does not want to come across as "stupid". Pete dismisses the argument, saying that Brandon Hantz giving up his Immunity Necklace (and was promptly voted out) in "Then There Were Five" befitted "stupid" more.
Life at Ponderosa
- During the Reward Challenge, the teams are coincidentally separated by age where the tribe members that are over 40 years old are in the yellow team, while those that are under 40 years old are in the red team.
- This is the only post-merge episode of Philippines in which Jonathan Penner is present and doesn't receive votes.
- During the last stage of the Immunity Challenge, the three castaways who competed were placed on platforms and boats whose colors represent their original tribe (Carter for Kalabaw, Michael Skupin for Tandang, and Denise for Matsing).
- Coincidentally, each one would go on to be the highest ranking member of their respective original tribes (although Michael ties with Lisa Whelchel for the highest-ranking Tandang member).
- ↑ http://www.spottedratings.com/2012/09/spotvault-survivor-cbs-philippines-fall.html
- ↑ Ross, Dalton (November 22, 2012). "'Survivor: Philippines': Jeff Probst says Abi belongs in the 'Survivor Villain Hall of Fame'". Entertainment Weekly. http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/22/jeff-probst-survivor-philippines-episode-10/. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
|Survivor: Philippines Episodes|
"Survivor Smacked Me in the Chops" · "Don't Be Blinded by the Headlights" · "This Isn't a 'We' Game" · "Create a Little Chaos" · "Got My Swag Back" · "Down and Dirty" · "Not the Only Actor on This Island" · "Dead Man Walking" · "Little Miss Perfect" · "Whiners Are Wieners" · "Hell Hath Frozen Over" · "Shot into Smithereens" · "Gouge My Eyes Out" · "Million Dollar Question" · "Reunion"