|Born:||December 8, 1979|
|Hometown:||Santa Monica, California|
|Occupation:||Yoga Instructor/Math Professor|
|Blood vs. Water|
|Alliance(s):|| Five Guys Alliance|
Galang Alliance (affiliated)
In Blood vs. Water, he was best known for trying to mend his relationship with Aras, and surviving on a tribe where all the members were female except himself. He was voted out at the second post-merge Tribal Council for being a threat.
In Cambodia, Vytas earned the ire of his female tribemates with his behavior at camp, ultimately being blindsided by the "New-School" strategists at the season's first Tribal Council.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Vytas Baskauskas (33)
Season: Survivor: Blood vs. Water
Survivor: Blood vs. Water
Assigned to Tadhana, the loved ones tribe, Vytas joined the Five Guys Alliance led by Brad Culpepper and in doing so ensured his safety for a short time. After losing the second Immunity Challenge, Vytas and the alliance opted to send a message to the returning players by eliminating their strongest players' loved one in an attempt to see them swap at Redemption Island though this plan fell short when Tyson did not take the bait. Consecutive losses at future challenges and Brad's efforts to eliminate those without loved ones caused an uprising in the tribe when Caleb Bankston openly admitted his intention to vote out Brad. When the vote tied during the episode “One Armed Dude and Three Moms”, Vytas flipped on his alliance, sending the former NFL player to Redemption Island.
When the tribes switched, Vytas found himself the only male on a female governed Galang tribe and despite best efforts he was the outsider. Losing the next two challenges, Vytas was spared when Laura Boneham declared her intention to vote with the rest of the women and send him to Redemption Island. Once again, he was spared after Laura was deemed too much of a wildcard and was eliminated instead.
After the tribe merge, Vytas reunited with Aras Baskauskas, his brother and immediately sought power though it was short-lived when Aras was blindsided and after attempting to scramble for votes to stay in “My Brother's Keeper” and was subsequently voted out. Vytas survived one duel before being eliminated by the duo of Tina Wesson and Laura Morett.
At Final Tribal Council, Vytas told Tyson he wasn't getting his vote and told Gervase that playing "Old School" meant that he was not adapting to the game. He was the only juror to give his vote to Monica, who lost to Tyson in a 7-1-0 vote.
|Vytas' Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|5||Tadhana Tribe Immune|
|7||Laura B.||Laura B.|
|8||Laura M.||Individual Immunity|
|9||Tyson|| Caleb, Gervase, Hayden, Katie,|
Laura M., Monica, Tina, Tyson
|Voted Off, Day 22|
|10||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 27|
| Voted for|
^1 In One Armed Dude and Three Moms, the vote ended with a 3-3 tie between Brad and Ciera, forcing a revote. Vytas voted for Brad on the revote.
|Statistics of Vytas Baskauskas|
|Total number of days||30|
|Total votes received||16|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||5|
In an public vote, Vytas was chosen to be one of the twenty castaways to compete on Survivor: Cambodia for a second chance.
On the first day, Vytas was placed on the Ta Keo tribe and aligned with the "Shelter" people consisting of Woo Hwang, Kelly Wiglesworth, and his brother's Panama tribemate and former rival Terry Deitz, who classed Vytas an honorary Old Schooler. At camp, Vytas attempted to influence the women like he did after the Tribe Switch on his first season though this was met with less successful results as Shirin Oskooi and Kelley Wentworth felt Vytas was being smarmy.
Vytas did Yoga with Kelly Wiglesworth and tried to do with the rest of the tribe, but again this wasn't as well received. At the first challenge of the season, Ta Keo was initially leading because of Keith Nale dropping a torch in the water. However, Wiglesworth struggled with getting the key from the cage. This allowed the Bayon tribe to catch up and over take them for the win. Ta Keo was shocked when they learned that they had to leave for Tribal Council Immediately. At Tribal Council, Vytas voted against Abi-Maria for being volatile. Ultimately, it was Vytas who ended up being the first boot of the season in a 6-4 vote over Abi-Maria.
|Vytas' Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Abi-Maria|| Abi-Maria, Jeff, Kelley,|
Peih-Gee, Shirin, Spencer
|Voted Off, Day 3|
- Vytas and his girlfriend welcomed their first child, a son, Asa, was born in February 8, 2014, in Bali.
- Vytas was first seen on Survivor at the Survivor: Panama finale, congratulating Aras Baskauskas for his win.
- Vytas lost 18.6 lbs. (8.5 kg) during his time in Survivor: Blood vs. Water.
- Vytas and Aras' maternal grandfather was late actor Macdonald Carey.
- The Baskauskas brothers are the second pair of siblings to have one place last and one place first after the Anderson twins, Natalie and Nadiya. However, the Andersons accomplished this feat on a season they were both on, while the Baskauskases accomplished it on the seasons where they did not play together.
- Vytas was banned from attending the Survivor: Cambodia Reunion Show for insisting to fly home before filming was wrapped to see his son, Asa. Moreover, Vytas claimed it was his assistant who accidentally responded to a message on his Instagram account while filming was still ongoing, which could have suggested his early exit from the game. Vytas became the second contestant to be banned from the Reunion of their season, following Brandon Hantz in Survivor: Caramoan.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/214727/
- ↑ http://instagram.com/p/kJG8B-gU4h/
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai8ZDJbSDuI
- ↑ http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2015/12/vytas-baskauskas-survivor-cambodia-second-chance-reunion-finale/
- ↑ http://www.inquisitr.com/2636095/vytas-baskauskas-banned-from-survivor-cambodia-reunion-show-what-happened/
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water Castaways|
|Survivor: Cambodia Castaways|