|Birth Date||December 8, 1979|
|Hometown||Santa Monica, California|
|Occupation||Yoga Instructor/Math Professor|
|Alliance(s)|| Five Guys Alliance|
Galang Alliance (affiliated)
Vytas Baskauskas is a contestant from Survivor: Blood vs. Water.
Name (Age): Vytas Baskauskas (33)
Tribe Designation: Tadhana
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Aras' Brother
Current Residence: Santa Monica, California
Occupation: Yoga Instructor/Math Professor
Personal Claim to Fame: Beating heroin addiction, yoga discipline, and receiving a graduate degree in math.
Inspiration in Life: I don’t have one particular hero. I greatly admire the brilliant scientists and mathematicians of the past and also social activists such as Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr.
Hobbies: Movies, music, good food, bodysurfing and chess.
Pet Peeves: Stupidity and show-offs.
Three Words to Describe You: Smart, strong-willed, and unique.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1) iPod – love music. 2) Yoga mat – practice every day to keep the body & mind right. 3) Chess set - it's not just a game, it's a way of life.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: The intellect and wit of Jonathan Penner, the likability of Aras Baskauskas and the flirtatiousness of Parvati Shallow.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to be on the show for the experience. I truly believe I can outwit, outplay and outlast. Of course I also want the prize.
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I have the necessary elements to make it to the end. I’m strong minded, smart and cunning. Through my addiction, I learned to easily manipulate people and although I don't use that skill as much anymore, it is still there.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I am very assertive. It is unlike me to not get what I want. I am also smart and sociable so my people skills will do me well. I have a good social awareness. My personality is unique and although I may not be the most-liked, that's not such a bad thing in getting to the end.
What Does It Mean to You to Play Survivor with Your Loved One? Playing with Aras means the world to me. Our relationship hasn't always been the best, but over the past few years, it has definitely begun to improve. I love my brother very much and this experience will surely bring us closer together. That being said, there can only be ONE sole survivor. Aras and I have been competing with each other in almost every way since he was born. This will be the ultimate competition. Whether I win the game or not, I desperately want to beat my brother!
Survivor: Blood vs. WaterEdit
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Vytas's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||No Tribal Council|
|5||Tadhana Tribe Immune|
|7||Laura B.||Laura B.|
|8||Laura M.||Individual Immunity|
|9||Tyson|| Caleb, Gervase, Hayden, Katie,|
Laura M., Monica, Tina, Tyson
|Voted Off, Day 22|
|10||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 27|
| Voted for|
^1 In One Armed Dude and Three Moms, the vote ended with a 3-3 tie between Brad and Ciera, forcing a revote. Vytas voted for Brad at the revote.
- Vytas and his girlfriend welcomed their first child, a son, Asa, was born in February 8, 2014, in Bali.
- Vytas, along with fellow Survivor: Blood vs. Water castaways Marissa Peterson, Katie Collins, and Ciera Eastin, are the second through fifth people to be a blood relative of a past castaway. The first was Brandon Hantz, being the nephew of Russell Hantz.
- Of the group, Vytas is the only one who was older than their loved ones.
- Vytas is the only male loved one with blood relation to his returnee in Survivor: Blood vs. Water.
- Vytas lost 18.6 lb (8.5 kg) during his time in Survivor: Blood vs. Water.
- Vytas is one of ten castaways to vote for a single finalist while the other Jury members vote for the other finalist(s).
- Vytas was first seen at the Survivor: Panama finale after Aras Baskauskas won the one million dollars.
- Vytas is the lowest placing Kasama tribe member to win Individual Immunity.
- As a Jury member, Vytas only voted for Monica Culpepper so she could finish second ahead of Gervase Peterson due to her having won most of the Individual Immunity Challenges.
- Vytas is one of two Male US Survivor castaways whose name starts with a V.
- The other male whose first name starts with a V is Vince Sly.
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water Castaways|