|Namesake:||Fijian word for "home" or "land"|
|Tribe Type:||Starting Tribe|
|Day Formed:||Day 1|
|Rival Tribe(s):|| Ikabula|
|Tribe Status:||Merged with Ikabula and Takali on Day 21|
|Lowest Placing Member:||Mari Takahashi (19/20)|
|Highest Placing Member:||Adam Klein (Winner)|
Vanua is a tribe from Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X. They are the "Millennials" tribe. Their tribe color is orange.
- Adam Klein, a homeless shelter manager from San Francisco, California.
- Figgy Figueroa, a bartender from Nashville, Tennessee.
- Hannah Shapiro, a barista from West Hollywood, California.
- Jay Starrett, a real estate agent from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Mari Takahashi, a professional gamer from Los Angeles, California.
- Michaela Bradshaw, a vacation club saleswoman from Fort Worth, Texas.
- Michelle Schubert, a missionary recruiter from Yakima, Washington.
- Taylor Stocker, a snowboard instructor from Post Falls, Idaho.
- Will Wahl, a high-school student from Long Valley, New Jersey.
- Zeke Smith, an asset manager from Brooklyn, New York.
- ► CeCe Taylor, an insurance adjuster from Granada Hills, California.
- ► Chris Hammons, a trial lawyer from Moore, Oklahoma.
- ► David Wright, a television writer from Sherman Oaks, California.
- ► Michelle Schubert
- ► Zeke Smith
As the Millennial tribe, Vanua was originally composed of the younger contestants. On the first day, most of the tribe decided to enjoy the beach, and play in the ocean, rather than build the shelter. This would come back to haunt them, as that night a torrential downpour completely wrecked their flimsy shelter and drenched them, lowering morale. Like their rival tribe, they were evacuated on Day 2 to protect them from the typhoon. Despite both these setbacks, they would go on to win the first Immunity Challenge.
A Tribe Divided
During this time, a romantic relationship/alliance budded between Figgy Figueroa and Taylor Stocker, which earned the ire of their tribemates, and in turn split the tribe into two factions; the minority Triforce alliance of Figgy, Taylor, Jay Starrett, and Michelle Schubert against the majority alliance led by Mari Takahashi. Upon losing the second Immunity Challenge, it seemed certain that Figgy would be voted off, due to her closeness with Taylor. However, Jay and Michelle went to work swaying the tribe, and in the end, Mari was blindsided in a 7-3 vote, with Adam Klein and Zeke Smith being the only two other members who stayed loyal to the majority. With them being on the bottom, it seemed certain that either one of them would go home next, but since the tribe won the next two Immunity Challenges, that theory would never come to fruition.
The Generations Mix
On Day 13, the tribe went to what seemed to be a normal challenge. They were shocked when Jeff Probst instructed them to drop their buffs. Upon drawing new buffs, it was revealed that everyone except Michelle and Zeke would be leaving Vanua, and they would be receiving Gen-Xers CeCe Taylor, Chris Hammons, and David Wright. Initially, they appeared to be the weakest tribe, coming in a distant third at their first Immunity Challenge. It seemed like a Millennial would be voted off, specifically Michelle. However, the former Gen-X castaways, in a bold move, flipped on CeCe, sending her home in a 4-1 vote. Even after the vote, Michelle still was on the bottom against the men of the tribe. They would avoid Tribal Council for the rest of their time as a tribe, saving her until the merge.
- Vanua is the fourth "younger tribe" to go against an "older tribe", following Bayoneta, Viveros, and La Flor.
- Both people voted off of this tribe (both original and post-switch) were minority females who were blindsided.
- Vanua was the only post-switch tribe where the Gen-Xers outnumbered the Millennials.
- Despite that, it was the only post-switch tribe to vote off a Gen-Xer.