|Born:||November 8, 1978|
|San Juan del Sur|
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Val Collins (35)
Tribe Designation: Coyopa
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Jeremy's wife
Current Residence: Foxboro, MA
Occupation: Police Officer
Personal Claim to Fame: My family.
Pet Peeves: Liars.
Three Words to Describe You: Competitive, loving, and loyal.
"Survivor" Contestant You Are Most Like: Monica and Taj.
Reason for Being on "Survivor": Winning!
Why You Think You'll Survive "Survivor": I have mental toughness, I'm strong and I'm patient.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole "Survivor": I have the mental toughness. I respect the game. You need to respect the game to play it. I know how to play the social game and will pay attention to opponents' advantages before they realize them and use them as options.
What Does It Mean to You to Play "Survivor" with Your Loved One? I am excited to play the game with Jeremy but our game will probably be different and that will be hard because I may have to change my game and go against my gut based on his instinct. Playing with a loved one brings emotions to the game right from the beginning. You have to watch their back just as much.
At the beginning of the game, Val was placed on the orange Coyopa tribe, opposite her husband Jeremy Collins. Minutes later, Val was forced to participate in the first Duel of the season, after Jeremy volunteered to compete for Hunahpu. In the Duel, Val quickly fell behind and ended up losing to her husband. Afterwords, it was announced that Val would go to Exile Island and return prior to the first Immunity Challenge. Also, due to winning the Duel, Jeremy was allowed to choose one member of his tribe to accompany Val to Exile Island. Jeremy selected Keith Nale, believing he would be able to take care of Val.
When Val and Keith arrived at Exile Island, they were greeted by the assignment of each choosing one of two urns. Luckily for Val, her urn had a clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol on it, while Keith's had nothing. However, the clue revealed that the Idol was hidden back at the Coyopa camp. After returning to Coyopa and losing the Immunity Challenge, Val created a four-way alliance with the women of the tribe. They also tried to recruit Josh Canfield into their group and vote out the tribe's perceived outsider Dale Wentworth. Unfortunately for Val, Baylor Wilson decided to vote against the women's alliance, sending Val's ally Nadiya Anderson home, 5-3-1.
At the next Reward Challenge, Val's husband Jeremy and John Rocker were sent to Exile Island. There, John promised Jeremy he would protect Val, in exchange for the safety of his girlfriend, Julie McGee. Upon returning to camp, John told Val of this agreement and that Baylor would be the target at Coyopa's upcoming Tribal Council. Wanting to further secure her safety, Val lied to John and claimed that she was in possession of two Hidden Immunity Idols (which John believed), and that she planned to play them on herself and her ally Jaclyn Schultz at Tribal Council. With this information, John decided to have the tribe split their votes between Val and Baylor, believing that Val would play her Idol and send Baylor home. However at Tribal Council, Val did not play an Idol, and the vote tied 4-4. Irritated that Val didn't play her "idol", John joined the rest of the tribe (sans Jaclyn) in voting out Val at the revote.
|Val's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
| Baylor, Dale,|
John, Josh, Wes1
|Voted Off, Day 6|
^1 In Method to This Madness, the vote ended with a 4-4 tie between Val and Baylor, forcing a revote. Alec and John changed their votes to Val on the revote, eliminating her from the game.
- Val, then-pregnant, returned to Survivor in Survivor: Cambodia, this time as Jeremy's loved one. Val was in attendance at the Cambodia Reunion Show in her final stages of pregnancy. Val gave birth to her third child and first son, Remy Bodhi Collins on December 21, 2015.
- On June 16, 2017, Val and Jeremy welcomed their 4th child and second son, Lenyx Kai.
- Val is the oldest female member of the Coyopa tribe.
- Val and Keith Nale are the first people to be sent to Exile Island since Coach Wade in Survivor: Tocantins.
- Val is the sixth person to be disqualified from a challenge, following Ken Stafford, Robb Zbacnik, Stephanie Dill, Jed Hildebrand, and Ben Browning. However, among all them, Val is the only one to not have her disqualification televised.
- Val, along with Dale Wentworth, are the first castaways to become loved ones in a future season. Conversely, Katie Collins and Laura Boneham first appeared on Survivor as a loved one before becoming castaways themselves in Survivor: Blood vs. Water.
- ↑ http://www.mylife.com/valesaycollins
- ↑ http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/tv/jeremy-collins-cambridge-firefighter-survivor-contestant/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/214922/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/jeremy2collins/status/679101604356837377
- ↑ http://people.com/babies/survivor-jeremy-collins-val-welcome-son-lenyx-kai/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/news/1003244/
|Survivor: San Juan del Sur Castaways|