|Born:||July 30, 1961|
A Survivor super-fan, Troyzan is remembered for his competitiveness, his rivalry with Kim Spradlin, and his desperate struggle to remain in the game after the fracturing of his alliance.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Troy Robertson (50)
Hobbies: Studying monkeys, swimming, walking in nature with my dogs and working in exotic locations.
Pet Peeves: People that constantly text while I'm having a conversation with them, bad drivers and women with manly hands.
3 Words to Describe You: Adventurous, determined and entertaining.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: If I were to be totally honest I'd have to say I relate to no one. I'm Troy Robertson, I'm like nobody else!
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I need this challenge for myself more than you will ever know! I want to know "how" and "who" I am in a major competition like this. This show is all I have thought about and concentrated on in the past 11 years!!! I need to know dreams come true.
Why You Think You'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: I'm a true outdoorsman. I can make a fire with two sticks. I am a swimmer and a natural born leader. I have the ability to make people the best they can be. I have great animal instincts and swim like a dolphin.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: I believe it's my destiny. Truthfully, because I believe 100% that Survivor was created for me. I've been waiting 10 years and nothing will stop me! I have the skills and energy for every single category played on Survivor. There is not a single person on this planet more suited for this adventure!
Hometown: Miami, FL
What, if anything, do you most regret? I regret that I didn’t confront my enemies face to face more. I also would have called out Kim Spradlin (eventual winner of Survivor: One World) in front of the entire tribe daily! I was putting too much thought into winning challenges as opposed to letting the tribe see the obvious plan Kim had. My mistake.
How will you play differently this time? I’ve realized this is an “outwit” game more than anything else. I’ll try to keep the bullseye off my back by not showing ALL my cards, like the last time I played. And, at all costs, ALWAYS in ALL ways keep a person around who’s a bigger target than myself. Keep your friends close and kiss your enemies!
|“||This is my island!||”|
Troyzan started the game on the all-male Manono tribe. He joined Colton Cumbie's Misfit Alliance along with tribe mates Colton, Tarzan Smith, Leif Manson, and Jonas Otsuji. As Manono won the first two Immunity Challenges he was never in danger of being voted out until "One World Is Out the Window" where his alliance voted out Matt Quinlan. Troyzan agreed to give up immunity to eliminate Bill Posley.
At the tribe switch Troyzan was switched to Salani along wit tribe mates Jay Byars and Michael Jefferson. While on Salani Troyzan made an alliance with Jay, Kim Spradlin, and Chelsea Meissner. The alliance did not need to vote anybody out as Salani won the next Immunity Challenge and Colton was medically evacuated in the following episodes.
Troyzan won the first post-merge Immunity Challenge and despite thinking Jonas deserved to stay, he ended up voted with his post swap alliance in ousting Jonas. Knowing the women had the numbers advantage, the men were thinking of voting out Christina next. However, Kim lied to Troyzan about Michael wanting him gone. Motivated by his reignited anger towards Michael, he voted with the women, eliminating Michael at the next Tribal Council. Troyzan was shocked when the women in his alliance betrayed the alliance and blindsided Jay. The women continued voting out the men, with Troyzan being safe by winning individual immunity. In "Never Say Die", after Troyzan failed to win immunity, he took the loss hard and turned his back for the duration of the Immunity Challenge. That night at Tribal Council, despite an effort to mess with the majority alliance's split vote plan and get Christina out, he was eliminated for being the strongest male contestant left as well as his clashes with the women.
|Troyzan's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Manono Tribe Immune|
|2||Manono Tribe Immune|
|5||Salani Tribe Immune|
|11||Christina|| Alicia, Chelsea,|
|Voted Off, Day 30|
| Voted for|
^1 In Go Out with a Bang, Troyzan used a Hidden Immunity Idol, negating 2 votes against him.
|Troyzan's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Tavua Tribe Immune|
|4||Tavua Tribe Immune|
|5||Tavua Tribe Immune|
|6||Mana Tribe Immune|
|7||Mana Tribe Immune|
- In 2015, Troyzan, along with Joel Klug, Brooke Struck, Jamie Newton, Jill Behm, and Nina Poersch participated in the Durham Warriors Survival Challenge. Troyzan finished in 5th place.
|Statistics of Troyzan Robertson|
|Total votes received:||6|
|Days spent on Redemption Island:||N/A|
- His nickname "Troyzan" is similar to fellow contestant Greg Smith's nickname, which is "Tarzan".
- Troyzan is the highest placing male from the post-swap Salani tribe.
- Only women voted against Troyzan throughout the entirety of One World.
- Troyzan was the only person to use a Hidden Immunity Idol in One World.
- Troyzan was one of 32 contestants eligible to be selected to compete on Survivor: Cambodia, but was not chosen for the final cast.
- Troyzan lost 14 lbs. during his time on One World.
- Troyzan is the oldest castaway to compete on Survivor: Game Changers.
- Troyzan was the only member of the original Mana to be placed the Tavua tribe.
- Troyzan is the only male member of the original Mana tribe to make the merge.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/81131/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/215597/
- ↑ http://truedorktimes.com/s32/baker/dwsc.htm
- ↑ http://truedorktimes.com/s32/baker/dwsc2.htm
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/gallery/survivor-second-chance-contenders/2182903_troy-%E2%80%9Ctroyzan%E2%80%9D-robertson
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7EfIZwv750
|Survivor: One World Castaways|
|Survivor: Game Changers Castaways|