|Birth Date||December 26, 1960|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Ogakor|
She is remembered most for being the first female Sole Survivor.
Tina Wesson currently works as a private duty C.N.A. nurse while also working as a full-time mom. Formerly, she worked as a community education director, flight attendant, substitute teacher and a swimming instructor. Wesson obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in therapeutic recreation from the University of Tennessee in 1983. An avid athlete, she is most proud of having completed the Dublin, Ireland Marathon, placed first in the Tennessee State Racquetball Tournament and placed first in her age division in her hometown mini-triathlon, all in the same year (1998). Her quest in life continues to be to "live the life less ordinary." Wesson describes herself as happy, content, adventurous, outgoing, and very much in love. Her favorite hobbies are racquetball, paddleball , running, swimming, and motorcycling. Her favorite television show is Rosie, while her favorite feature films are Out of Africa and Shadowlands. She prefers classic, contemporary Christian, and pop rock music, citing Match Box 20 as her favorite band. While rooting for the University of Tennessee Volunteers, she's always game for a round of Balderdash. Her perfect day consists of eating a good breakfast followed by a ride on her motorcycle to the mountains with her husband and her best friend. After a hike, she'd play racquetball, take a shower, have dinner, see a movie while eating a big bag of popcorn and then head home to bed. She's an early riser. Born and raised in Knoxville, Tennessee, Wesson currently resides there with her husband, Dale, and her two children, Katie and Taylor. She is a member of the Outstanding Young Women of America and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Her birth date is December 26.
Survivor: The Australian OutbackEdit
As part of the Ogakor tribe, Wesson was not targeted in the beginning of the game, seeming to mesh well with all the contestants and was not seen as a physical liability, despite losing the Day 6 Immunity Challenge for Ogakor.
Wesson proved to be a strategic player when she managed to convince allies Keith Famie and Colby Donaldson to force a tie between Mitchell Olson (who was aligned with Amber Brkich and Jerri Manthey) and Famie, whereby Olson would be voted off due to his previous vote at the Day 12 Tribal Council. She eventually made it to the merge, where her strategic prowess was believed to be the reason of the ex-Ogakors subsequent success over the ex-Kuchas by systematically eliminating them, while having a perfect timing to eliminate two of their own at the same time. In that case, Jerri Manthey and Amber Brkich.
After Brkich's departure, Wesson, Donaldson and Famie took control and eliminated the remaining two Kuchas Rodger Bingham and then Elisabeth Filarski at the next two Tribal Councils. After the Final 3 immunity challenge, Donaldson continued his winning streak and chose to eliminate the unpopular Famie instead of Wesson, which cost him the win (which many fans believe that he could have won if he had chosen Famie instead).
Wesson became the Sole Survivor in a 4-3 vote, in which she gained the votes of Famie, Filarski, Manthey, and Calaway.
|Tina's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Ogakor Tribe Immune|
|5||Ogakor Tribe Immune|
|6||No Tribal Council|
| Jury Votes|
| Alicia, Elisabeth,|
|Sole Survivor, Day 42|
^1 In The Killing Fields, the vote ended with a 3-3 tie between Keith and Mitchell, forcing a revote. Tina did not change her vote at the revote.
^2 In The Merge, the vote ended with a 5-5 tie between Jeff and Colby, forcing a revote. Tina did not change her vote at the revote.
|“||It's our game now, get off our playing field!||”|
–Jenna Lewis, in reference to the returning winners, including Tina
As part of the Saboga tribe who lost immunity in the first episode, Tina, a previous winner, was immediately targeted. She was chosen to be eliminated over Survivor: Africa winner Ethan Zohn, as he was needed for strength in challenges. Tribemate Jenna Lewis, who showed disdain for the possibility of a former winner winning again, and Jerri Manthey, who had conflicts with Wesson in their first season orchestrated Tina's elimination. With the very first votes against her, Tina was voted out of Survivor: All-Stars in the first episode, by a 4-2 vote.
|Statistics of Tina Wesson|
|Total number of days||45|
|Total votes received||4|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||N/A|
|Tina's Voting History|
| Votes Against|
|1||Jenna L.|| Jenna L., Jerri,|
|Voted Off, Day 3|
Tina wrote an inspirational book entitled, "Outlive, Outlaugh, Outlove." In 2001, Tina also graced the cover of the July–August issue of Racquetball magazine.
- Tina is the first winner to not get a single vote against her in Tribal Council.
- Tina currently owns the old Barramundi tribe flag after a deal with Colby Donaldson that whoever wins will have the right to own the flag. She claims that it still smells as it did during the game.
- As revealed at the live reunion show, Tina wasn't a first-choice contestant. She was called to the show only a week before filming began.
- Tina is one of seven Sole Survivors (along with Ethan Zohn, Jenna Morasca, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Tom Westman, Richard Hatch and Rob Mariano) to play more than once and not be a member of the jury in any season.
- Tina is one of six Sole Survivors (along with Sandra Diaz-Twine, Todd Herzog, Yul Kwon, Earl Cole and Natalie White) to win Survivor without winning Individual Immunity.
- Wesson is the first former Sole Survivor to get voted off in a subsequent season and the first to have their torch snuffed.
- TIna owns the record for worst finish by a previous winner, with 18th.
- Wesson is the only contestant to win a season and be the first voted off in another season.
- Wesson is the first person to finish in 18th place in a season of Survivor
- Tina is the oldest female Sole Survivor by birthdate, not by age during gameplay
- Tina is the first Sole Survivor to vote against the eliminated castaway every time she voted at Tribal Council. (The others are Ethan Zohn, Brian Heidik, Amber Brkich, Yul Kwon, Todd Herzog, Parvati Shallow, and Natalie White.)
- Tina, Colby Donaldson and Keith Famie were the only contestants to last more than the standard 39 days, due to their season lasting 42 days.
- Tina is the second person to win a loved ones challenge, following Greg Buis.
- Tina was considered for Survivor: Heroes vs Villains, but was ultimately not picked to return.
- In Australia, Tina received four votes from the Jury, one of them being from Jerri Manthey. In All-Stars, Tina received four votes to eliminate her, with one of them being from Jerri.
- Tina has the record for biggest difference in days played in two seasons with 39, as she played 42 in her first season and 3 in her second.
|Sole Survivor Titleholder|
The Australian Outback
| Succeeded by|
|Survivor: The Australian Outback Contestants|
Alicia Calaway · Amber Brkich · Colby Donaldson · Debb Eaton · Elisabeth Filarski · Jeff Varner · Jerri Manthey · Keith Famie · Kel Gleason · Kimmi Kappenberg · Maralyn Hershey · Michael Skupin · Mitchell Olson · Nick Brown · Rodger Bingham · Tina Wesson
|Survivor: All-Stars Contestants|
Alicia Calaway · Amber Brkich · Colby Donaldson · Ethan Zohn · Jenna Lewis · Jenna Morasca · Jerri Manthey · Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien · Lex van den Berghe · Richard Hatch · Rob Cesternino · Rob Mariano · Rudy Boesch · Rupert Boneham · Shii Ann Huang · Susan Hawk · Tina Wesson · Tom Buchanan