|Born:||December 26, 1960|
|Hometown:|| Knoxville, Tennessee;|
Robbinsville, North Carolina
|Occupation:||Personal Nurse; Motivational Speaker|
|The Australian Outback|
|Blood vs. Water|
She is remembered most for being the first female Sole Survivor, having achieved the title by playing under-the-radar and as a motherly figure at camp.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Tina Wesson currently works as a private duty C.N.A. nurse while also working as a full-time mom. Formerly, she worked as a community education director, flight attendant, substitute teacher and a swimming instructor. Wesson obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in therapeutic recreation from the University of Tennessee in 1983.
An avid athlete, she is most proud of having completed the Dublin, Ireland Marathon, placed first in the Tennessee State Racquetball Tournament and placed first in her age division in her hometown mini-triathlon, all in the same year (1998). Her quest in life continues to be to "live the life less ordinary."
Wesson describes herself as happy, content, adventurous, outgoing, and very much in love. Her favorite hobbies are racquetball, paddleball , running, swimming, and motorcycling. Her favorite television show is Rosie, while her favorite feature films are Out of Africa and Shadowlands. She prefers classic, contemporary Christian, and pop rock music, citing Match Box 20 as her favorite band.
While rooting for the University of Tennessee Volunteers, she's always game for a round of Balderdash. Her perfect day consists of eating a good breakfast followed by a ride on her motorcycle to the mountains with her husband and her best friend. After a hike, she'd play racquetball, take a shower, have dinner, see a movie while eating a big bag of popcorn and then head home to bed. She's an early riser.Born and raised in Knoxville, Tennessee, Wesson currently resides there with her husband, Dale, and her two children, Katie and Taylor. She is a member of the Outstanding Young Women of America and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Her birth date is December 26.
Since being declared Sole Survivor of SURVIVOR: THE AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK, Tina Wesson has been working as a motivational speaker, which has enabled her to travel around the country encouraging people to do whatever it takes in order to live a fulfilling life. She takes her motto, "It is a mistake to not live all you can!," very seriously. She previously worked as a private duty nurse, a community education director, flight attendant, substitute teacher and a swimming instructor. Tina obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in therapeutic recreation from the University of Tennessee in 1983. An avid athlete, she is most proud of having completed the Dublin, Ireland Marathon, as well as placing first in the Tennessee State Racquetball Tournament and in her age division in her hometown mini-triathlon, all in the same year (1998).
Tina describes herself as happy, content, adventurous, outgoing and very much in love. Her favorite hobbies are racquetball, paddleball, running, swimming and motorcycling. Her favorite television show is SURVIVOR, while her favorite feature films are "Out of Africa" and "Shadowlands." She prefers contemporary Christian and pop rock music, citing Matchbox 20 and John Mayer as her favorite artists. While rooting for the University of Tennessee Volunteers and the Tennessee Titans, she's always game for a round of backgammon. Her perfect day consists of eating a good breakfast followed by a ride on her motorcycle to the mountains with her husband and her best friend. After a hike, she'd play racquetball, take a shower, have dinner, see a movie while eating a big bag of popcorn and then head home to bed. She's an early riser.Born and raised in Knoxville, Tennessee, Tina currently lives there with her husband, Dale, and her two children, Katie, 16 and Taylor, 15. She is a member of the Outstanding Young Women of America and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Her birth date is December 26, 1961.
Name (Age): Tina Wesson (52)
The Australian Outback
As part of the Ogakor tribe, Wesson was not targeted in the beginning of the game, seeming to mesh well with all the contestants and was not seen as a physical liability, despite losing the Day 6 Immunity Challenge for Ogakor.
Wesson proved to be a strategic player when she managed to convince allies Keith Famie and Colby Donaldson to force a tie between Mitchell Olson (who was aligned with Amber Brkich and Jerri Manthey) and Famie, whereby Olson would be voted off due to his previous vote at the Day 12 Tribal Council. She eventually made it to the merge, where her strategic prowess was believed to be the reason of the ex-Ogakors subsequent success over the ex-Kuchas by systematically eliminating them, while having a perfect timing to eliminate two of their own at the same time, in that case, Jerri and Amber.
After Brkich's departure, Wesson, Donaldson, and Famie took control and eliminated the remaining two Kuchas, Rodger Bingham and then Elisabeth Filarski, at the next two Tribal Councils. After the Final 3 Immunity Challenge, Donaldson continued his winning streak and chose to eliminate the unpopular Famie instead of Wesson, which cost him the win (which many fans believe that he could have won if he had chosen Famie instead).
|Tina's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Ogakor Tribe Immune|
|5||Ogakor Tribe Immune|
|6||No Tribal Council|
| Jury Votes|
| Alicia, Elisabeth,|
|Sole Survivor, Day 42|
^1 In The Killing Fields, the vote ended with a 3-3 tie between Keith and Mitchell, forcing a revote. Tina did not change her vote on the revote.
^2 In The Merge, the vote ended with a 5-5 tie between Colby and Jeff, forcing a revote. Tina did not change her vote on the revote.
|“||It's our game now, get off our playing field!||”|
–Jenna Lewis, in reference to the returning winners, including Tina
As part of the Saboga tribe who lost immunity in the first episode, Tina, a previous winner, was immediately targeted. She was chosen to be eliminated over Survivor: Africa winner Ethan Zohn, as he was needed for strength in challenges. Tribemate Jenna Lewis, who showed disdain for the possibility of a former winner winning again, and Jerri Manthey, who had conflicts with Wesson in their first season orchestrated Tina's elimination. With the very first votes against her, Tina was voted out of Survivor: All-Stars in the first episode, by a 4-2 vote.
|Tina's Voting History|
| Votes Against|
|1||Jenna L.|| Jenna L., Jerri,|
|Voted Off, Day 3|
Blood vs. Water
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Tina's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|Galang Tribe Immune|
|2||Galang Tribe Immune|
|3||Galang Tribe Immune|
|4||Galang Tribe Immune|
|Tyson|| Caleb, Ciera, Hayden, Gervase,|
Laura M., Monica, Tyson
|Voted Off, Day 24|
|10||On Redemption Island|
|Returned, Day 36|
|Gervase||Gervase, Monica, Tyson|
|Voted Off, Day 38|
| Voted for|
^1 In It's My Night, Tyson used a Hidden Immunity Idol on Gervase, negating Tina's vote against him.
- In May 2001, Tina was featured as a panelist on Hollywood Squares along with the other Australian Outback castaways for Survivor Week. Tina appeared in three episodes, two as an individual and one where she was paired with Maralyn.
- In 2001, Tina also graced the cover of the July–August issue of Racquetball magazine.
- On January 6, 2002, Tina, along with Gervase Peterson, appeared on a celebrity edition of The Weakest Link. She was the fourth one voted out, but did receive the house minimum of $10,000 for her charity.
- On January 10, 2002, Tina was seen in the audience at the Survivor: Africa Reunion Show, sitting beside Survivor: Borneo castaway Rudy Boesch.
- On May 19, 2002, Tina, along with Survivor: Africa winner Ethan Zohn, appeared live going into commercial break chatting with Rosie O'Donnell during the Survivor: Marquesas finale episode "The Sole Survivor". Rosie asked Tina who she thinks would win Marquesas and Tina said Neleh Dennis would win while Ethan said Vecepia Towery would win.
- Tina wrote an inspirational book entitled, "Out Live, Out Laugh, Out Love". that was published in 2006.
- In Summer of 2009, Tina, along with the other first eighteen Survivor winners, appeared on a TVGuide special "Survivor Millionaires: Where Are They Now?"
- On December 3, 2013, Tina's son, Taylor Lee Collins, died in a car accident.
- Tina, along with Rob Mariano, Rupert Boneham, Cirie Fields, Woo Hwang, Natalie Anderson, Jeremy Collins, Kelley Wentworth, and Joe Anglim, competed on a Survivor edition of The Price Is Right primetime special that aired on May 23, 2016. Tina and her partner, Donna, did not make it up on stage.
- Tina was inducted to the Survivor Hall of Fame in 2016.
|Statistics of Tina Wesson|
|Total votes received:||14|
|Days spent on Redemption Island:||12|
- Tina's luxury item in The Australian Outback was a backgammon board.
- Tina is the first winner to not get a single vote against her in Tribal Council.
- Tina was the first winner to win Survivor without winning individual immunity.
- Tina currently owns the old Barramundi tribe flag after a deal with Colby Donaldson that whoever won would have the right to own the flag. She claimed that it still smelled as it did during the game.
- As revealed at the reunion, Tina was not originally chosen to compete in Survivor: The Australian Outback. She was an alternate, who was called to the show only a week before filming began.
- Tina is the first former finalist to return in a future season and be voted off.
- Tina is the first contestant to finish in 18th place in a season of Survivor.
- Tina is the oldest castaway in Survivor: Blood vs. Water.
- After the tribe switch on Blood vs. Water, Tina is the only person to have a relative on their same tribe, as her daughter Katie was assigned to be on Galang.
- Tina is the only castaway to play in multiple seasons of Survivor that were longer than 39 days.
- Tina is third winner to become a member of the jury on a subsequent attempt. She follows J.T. Thomas and fellow Blood vs. Water castaway Aras Baskauskas. Tina is also the only former winner to return from Redemption Island.
- Tina lost 18 lbs. (8 kg) during her time in Blood vs. Water.
- Tina, along with Colby Donaldson, Jerri Manthey, Rob Mariano, Rupert Boneham, and Coach Wade are the only six castaways to compete in seasons with 16, 18, and 20 castaways.
- Tina, along with Stephenie LaGrossa, Cirie Fields, Parvati Shallow, Amanda Kimmel, James Clement, Rob Mariano, Russell Hantz, Coach, Candice Cody, Rupert, Tyson Apostol, and Ozzy Lusth competed in an all-new-players season, an all-returning-players season and a season with both new and returning players.
- Tina is one of the six castaways that experienced all the phases of all the game, being voted out pre-merge, post-merge, and making it to Final Tribal Council. She was voted out pre-merge on All-Stars, post-merge on Blood vs. Water, and made it to Final Tribal Council on The Australian Outback. Her fellow Outback finalist Colby Donaldson, Rob Mariano, Stephenie LaGrossa, Tyson Apostol, and J.T. Thomas are the others.
- Out of the sixteen people who have played Survivor at least three times, Tina is one of only three who has never won individual immunity. The others are James Clement and Cirie Fields.
- Tina is one of three winners who returned twice after winning. The others are J.T. Thomas and Sandra Diaz-Twine.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/20792/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/20516/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/214734/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW980DokQEI
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSB3jAMcSRQ
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6e-T70DYEM
- ↑ http://www.tinawesson.com/images/magazine_07.jpg
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ViVkXj_Tp4
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7stVJbuQVUE
- ↑ https://books.google.com/books/about/Out_Live_Out_Laugh_Out_Love.html?id=3TtEmAEACAAJ
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be122Jgy3xg
- ↑ http://www.knoxville.com/news/2013/dec/03/knoxville-celebrities-wesson-taylor-collins-dies/?partner=RSS
- ↑ http://parade.com/472671/joshwigler/survivor-big-brother-amazing-race-the-price-is-right-photos/
- ↑ http://xfn-blogs.xfinity.com/tv/2016/12/13/survivor-hall-fame-2016-inductee-tina-wesson/
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0an8OCxz1w
|Sole Survivor Titleholder|
The Australian Outback
| Succeeded by|
|Survivor: The Australian Outback Castaways|
|Survivor: All-Stars Castaways|
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water Castaways|