FANDOM


  • Before we unpack another interesting episode, please don't give me too much shtick about the thread title. Anyway, let's begin.

    1.Worst challenge ever. They might as well have drawn one rock and the odd rock wins the reward. With so many drawings in one episode, I'm sure Paschal, Katie, and/or Jessica watching this got PTSD. (no offense, Ben)

    2.I can't think of too many other players that have risen to power so quickly and got voted out the next episode like Lauren. What made this shift most dramatic was that she was idoled out and eliminated with only 1 vote. That makes her the only player in Survivor to be voted out with just one vote aside from the Day 38 players voted out at final 3 in seasons with 2 players making it to the end.

    3.Ben and Chrissy take the game way too personal. We have seen enough from them to see both the good and bad of their personalities. I bet outside of the show, Ben and Chrissy are great people. However, maybe that's why they have that sense that they can do no wrong so when someone does wrong against them, even other people choosing to work against them in a GAME, they get offended and it gets ugly from there.

    4.Final 7, much like final 9, has proven once again to be a vote where big shifts and chaos happens. But even though the shifting of positions and group conversations in Tribal Council has only happened one season ago, it has quickly become a part of the meta of Tribal Council as we've seen tonight. I know some people don't like it but as a viewer it's great to watch because it shows people don't care about the misdirection of Tribal Council they just want their desired result. And the result is 6 players left, with no large discernable group larger than two players.

    5.Speaking of two players, Devon picked a bad time to mention his closeness with Ashley. Danielle mentioned closeness at final 7 in Heroes vs Villains and it came back to haunt her right away. It could potentially cost Devon or Ashley their position in the game next vote if it's not Ben.

    6.Ben's idol was used up but now he's in "winning out" distance from final 3. I still stand by that waiting until 7 to vote out Ben was the right move instead of 8 because you can't always account for someone having an idol.

    7.Lauren pretty much pulled an Erik Reichenbach. Yes, she was idoled out, but she had her only method of safety that she gave away and it cost her her spot. People saying she was screwed in the same vein as Malcolm and Cirie are being overdramatic. That being said, kudos to Lauren for playing a great game especially for someone most people had pre season as an early merge boot (except for Corinne Kaplan, who had Lauren as her winner pick).

      Loading editor
    • Lauren no :'( I have nothing to say about this episode because I didn't watch it. I always casually check on Lauren's page here to see if shes voted out lol. Lauren was my favorite as soon as I saw her introduction video :(((

      Ashley or Devon need to win!

      Also, I just looked up the challenge on YouTube because I was curious, what the hell?

        Loading editor
    • Terrible episode!

      WTF kind of Reward "Challenge" was that? That challenge was even worse then that gross meat challenge from Amazon and South Pacific" were they tore pieces of meat off with their teeth!

      Lauren, no! Sucks she got voted out with only a single vote. :(

      Mike had no rights to throw Lauren's shell in the fire; he should've been disqualified for destroying something that didn't belong to him.

      I am half mad at Ben; I am glad he played his HII, but the part that pissed me off was he should've written down Chrissy or Ryan's name instead; nobody likes those two. Devon is now my #1 pick FTW with Ashley as a 2nd pick. Ben is still ahead of Chrissy and Ryan, but he's no longer at the top of my winners pick list for blindsiding Lauren.

      I think it's safe to assume Lauren will be back for another season in the future, she played a great game; kudos to her.

        Loading editor
    • TribalChants wrote:
      Terrible episode!

      WTF kind of Reward "Challenge" was that? That challenge was even worse then that gross meat challenge from Amazon and South Pacific" were they tore pieces of meat off with their teeth!

      Lauren, no! Sucks she got voted out with only a single vote. :(

      Mike had no rights to throw Lauren's shell in the fire; he should've been disqualified for destroying something that didn't belong to him.

      I am half mad at Ben; I am glad he played his HII, but the part that pissed me off was he should've written down Chrissy or Ryan's name instead; nobody likes those two. Devon is now my #1 pick FTW with Ashley as a 2nd pick. Ben is still ahead of Chrissy and Ryan, but he's no longer at the top of my winners pick list for blindsiding Lauren.

      I think it's safe to assume Lauren will be back for another season in the future, she played a great game; kudos to her.

      Lauren handed him the shell, it was her own dumb fault, and Mike had every right to do what he pleased with it, because handing it to him made it his possession.

        Loading editor
    • I think Ben played horrible this episode. When Chrissy wanted to know why he voted Joe the way he treated her was a bad game move. He basically isolated himself from everyone and if he can make it to final 3 I don't know if he will have all of the votes that he will need.

      That reward challenge was the worst thing I have ever seen. It was incredibly boring and looked like they completely forgot about the challenge until they got the people already on the beach.

        Loading editor
    • Mike was so smart to toss that idol. It would've turned into a dead-lock if he hadn't, although he could've let both idols be played and basically cast his sole vote for someone else, although it would've been too risky. Lauren, as much as I loved her, was so stupid in this by giving her idol to Mike. Ben was really idiotic and screwed up any hope of winning. The reward challenge was the worst garbage I have ever seen. Overall, very exciting episode.

        Loading editor
    • Mike could've just refused to give the idol to her. He only threw it in the fire to make it seem more dramatic and try to make it a legendary moment or things like that. It really wasn't anything special. I guess since Tai did it in the past, he had to do something new. 

        Loading editor
    • Mike canceled!

        Loading editor
    • Midnight Bandit wrote:
      Mike could've just refused to give the idol to her. He only threw it in the fire to make it seem more dramatic and try to make it a legendary moment or things like that. It really wasn't anything special. I guess since Tai did it in the past, he had to do something new. 

      I loved the scene. It made me appreciate him even more.

        Loading editor
    • TribalChants wrote:
      Terrible episode!

      WTF kind of Reward "Challenge" was that? That challenge was even worse then that gross meat challenge from Amazon and South Pacific" were they tore pieces of meat off with their teeth!

      Lauren, no! Sucks she got voted out with only a single vote. :(

      Mike had no rights to throw Lauren's shell in the fire; he should've been disqualified for destroying something that didn't belong to him.

      I am half mad at Ben; I am glad he played his HII, but the part that pissed me off was he should've written down Chrissy or Ryan's name instead; nobody likes those two. Devon is now my #1 pick FTW with Ashley as a 2nd pick. Ben is still ahead of Chrissy and Ryan, but he's no longer at the top of my winners pick list for blindsiding Lauren.

      I think it's safe to assume Lauren will be back for another season in the future, she played a great game; kudos to her.

      That group meat eating challenge from South Pacific doesn't make for great TV but I like the concept of the challenge especially since it's another reward that the winning tribe literally earns. Definitely wash the meat first though lol.

      Lauren gave Mike possession of that half of the idol. In the Sarah advantage situation for Cirie, Sarah explicitly said it was just as a sign of trust. We didn't hear that specific language so I believe Mike did something that was allowed for the purposes of the game. Otherwise Probst would've edited it out like the Sash/Jane controversy. Either way, even as a Lauren fan, that idol thrown in the fire made good tv. Lauren shouldn't have given it to him in the first place.

      Also, you can't fault Ben for taking out Lauren over Ryan and Chrissy. We all know who the biggest threat of those three is. At this point, aside from everyone gunning for Ben, I wouldn't be surprised if Devon, Ashley, and Mike fight for who takes Ryan and Chrissy to the end for a 7-1 or 8-0 win.

        Loading editor
    • After this episode, I feel that Ryan will likely make it to the end.

        Loading editor
    • Survivor Tuvalu wrote:
      After this episode, I feel that Ryan will likely make it to the end.

      Oh dear. I can only imagine the FTC.

        Loading editor
    • I have nothing against "Live Tribals" but Jeff seriously needs to keep them in their seats. it's too confusing and messy when they get up and walk around.

        Loading editor
    • Copper5 wrote: I have nothing against "Live Tribals" but Jeff seriously needs to keep them in their seats. it's too confusing and messy when they get up and walk around.

      I honestly love when they happen.

        Loading editor
    • Welp, there goes my winner pick. Ashley and Ben FTW

        Loading editor
    • Lauren ;_; </3

      Honestly, I wish I could be madder but it's her own damn fault for giving Mike half her idol. If she hadn't have done that, we could've had another deadlock which would've been fun.

      I'm shocked nobody's mentioned this but how bad of a move was it for Chrissy/Mike/Ryan to vote for Ben? They would've left a tight threesome in the game WITH an extra vote; no way Lauren was genuinely stupid enough to give THAT away (I would hope). Those three are lucky Ben played that idol, otherwise they would've been SCREWED.

      God, I don't know if there's ever been a season where all my least faves somehow make it to the end. Seriously, Ben, Ryan, Chrissy, and Mike are in my bottom five of this whole season (along with Ali), and Ashley and Devon are nothing special. The only reason I'm rooting for them is because they aren't Ben/Ryan/Chrissy/Mike. I don't vehemently hate them or anything but each of them annoys me to the point where I'd be unhappy to see one of them win. 

        Loading editor
    • Ugh... That challenge was maybe the worst challenge in the HISTORY of Survivor... Lauren kinda screwed herself over by giving the idol to Ben. If they ever do a FvF 3, I hope she’ll be in it. Apart from Ashley, everyone left sucks. Every merge boot (with the exception of JP)has resulted in my favourite going home. I don’t have high hopes for the rest of the season

        Loading editor
    • Thatplatypus wrote:
      Ugh... That challenge was maybe the worst challenge in the HISTORY of Survivor...

      Lauren kinda screwed herself over by giving the idol to Ben. If they ever do a FvF 3, I hope she’ll be in it. Apart from Ashley, everyone left sucks. Every merge boot (with the exception of JP)has resulted in my favourite going home. I don’t have high hopes for the rest of the season

      I love Devon.

        Loading editor
    • Ivanornels wrote: That group meat eating challenge from South Pacific doesn't make for great TV but I like the concept of the challenge especially since it's another reward that the winning tribe literally earns. Definitely wash the meat first though lol.

      Lauren gave Mike possession of that half of the idol. In the Sarah advantage situation for Cirie, Sarah explicitly said it was just as a sign of trust. We didn't hear that specific language so I believe Mike did something that was allowed for the purposes of the game. Otherwise Probst would've edited it out like the Sash/Jane controversy. Either way, even as a Lauren fan, that idol thrown in the fire made good tv. Lauren shouldn't have given it to him in the first place.

      Also, you can't fault Ben for taking out Lauren over Ryan and Chrissy. We all know who the biggest threat of those three is. At this point, aside from everyone gunning for Ben, I wouldn't be surprised if Devon, Ashley, and Mike fight for who takes Ryan and Chrissy to the end for a 7-1 or 8-0 win.

      Well, I feel stupid now about the whole thing because I just rewatched it. I mistakenly thought Lauren was letting him hold onto the idol (similar to Sarah letting Cirie holding onto her Legacy Advantage) and then was wondering why wasn't Mike in trouble for burning it; I understand it all now and feel stupid. I now admit it was a dumb idea for Lauren giving it to him (but aside from that, I still like her and hope to see her again in a future returnees season).

      I didn't intend to purposely fault Ben, I was just angry he voted her out. I actually could see that happening with Devon, Ashley, and Mike fighting it out to see who goes to the end with those two huge goats. :D

        Loading editor
    • TribalChants wrote:
      Ivanornels wrote: 

      Lauren gave Mike possession of that half of the idol. In the Sarah advantage situation for Cirie, Sarah explicitly said it was just as a sign of trust. We didn't hear that specific language so I believe Mike did something that was allowed for the purposes of the game. Otherwise Probst would've edited it out like the Sash/Jane controversy. Either way, even as a Lauren fan, that idol thrown in the fire made good tv. Lauren shouldn't have given it to him in the first place.

      Well, I feel stupid now about the whole thing because I just rewatched it. I mistakenly thought Lauren was letting him hold onto the idol (similar to Sarah letting Cirie holding onto her Legacy Advantage) and then was wondering why wasn't Mike in trouble for burning it; I understand it all now and feel stupid. I now admit it was a dumb idea for Lauren giving it to him (but aside from that, I still like her and hope to see her again in a future returnees season).

      It may just be me, but these seems like it could take us into dangerous waters. Having to say special magic words in the heat of the moment could be a dangerous precedent in that what would prevent someone from giving an idol to someone else, then if they play it at tribal council, person A says they only gave it to person B to hold onto and they can't actually use it. I don't know if that made any sense, but if it did does anyone else think this or am I just overthinking this?

        Loading editor
    • Yikes, and I thought Chirssy and Ben had the best chance of getting it all the way to at least F4, where they will then do a Malcolm-Denise, and the other wins at the end...

      They are probably the most interesting characters in the season. They could go from full hero, or could go full villain. They have so many layers about them that it is interesting to see how their story went. I hope they are friends in real life now because I do think both are good people outside the game.

        Loading editor
    • Degrassifan314 wrote:
      TribalChants wrote:
      Ivanornels wrote: 

      Lauren gave Mike possession of that half of the idol. In the Sarah advantage situation for Cirie, Sarah explicitly said it was just as a sign of trust. We didn't hear that specific language so I believe Mike did something that was allowed for the purposes of the game. Otherwise Probst would've edited it out like the Sash/Jane controversy. Either way, even as a Lauren fan, that idol thrown in the fire made good tv. Lauren shouldn't have given it to him in the first place.

      Well, I feel stupid now about the whole thing because I just rewatched it. I mistakenly thought Lauren was letting him hold onto the idol (similar to Sarah letting Cirie holding onto her Legacy Advantage) and then was wondering why wasn't Mike in trouble for burning it; I understand it all now and feel stupid. I now admit it was a dumb idea for Lauren giving it to him (but aside from that, I still like her and hope to see her again in a future returnees season).
      It may just be me, but these seems like it could take us into dangerous waters. Having to say special magic words in the heat of the moment could be a dangerous precedent in that what would prevent someone from giving an idol to someone else, then if they play it at tribal council, person A says they only gave it to person B to hold onto and they can't actually use it. I don't know if that made any sense, but if it did does anyone else think this or am I just overthinking this?


      The difference between this and the Sarah-Cirie situation isn't physical possession, but that the rules clearly stated that the Vote Steal was non-transferable (which is a stupid rule, but that's another argument for another day). Thus, even though Cirie attempted to use it as it was in her physical possession, she couldn't because it was Sarah's from the moment she found it.

      We do know, however, that Hidden Immunity Idols are transferable. The idol was Lauren's, but she gave half of it to Mike, making it his possession. As Lauren transferred ownership to Mike, he had every right to do what he wanted with it. The closest precedent we have for this would be Stephen and Taj in Tocantins. Although Taj physically found the idol, she almost immediately passed possession of it to Stephen because "he has pockets" for safe-keeping. But as Stephen explained in a confessional, the idol was now his.

        Loading editor
    • I honestly hate this season so fucking much. Chrissy, Ben and Ryan are truly three of the most unlikable players I've seen in recent memory of this game (although Ryan hasn't been been pissing me off so much given him getting a more under the radar edit this past episode)

        Loading editor
    • From what I can speculate on the episode

      - I noticed that they're starting to give Chrissy a spoiled bitch edit

      - Ashley made a terrible mistake by choosing to go for Ben at that moment, I get that she wants to "build her resume" for the FTC, but she didn't realize that if the 4 killed off one of their own at that moment, they'd go even numbers with their enemies, (Ryan, Chrissy, and Mike), going into the next tribal council.

      - Lauren made a stupid move by giving half of her idol to Ryan, she should've just flat out played it when she heard her name getting tossed around at tribal

      - If the other five seriously let Mike make his way to the FTC, I'd consider all of them and Lauren to be the dumbest people to ever play this game.

        Loading editor
    • TubbzyWubbzy wrote:

      - Ashley made a terrible mistake by choosing to go for Ben at that moment, I get that she wants to "build her resume" for the FTC, but she didn't realize that if the 4 killed off one of their own at that moment, they'd go even numbers with their enemies, (Ryan, Chrissy, and Mike), going into the next tribal council.

      Not really, because Lauren has the Extra Vote so they still have the numbers (and from what I know, Ryan-Chrissy-Mike was not sure if the Extra Vote thing was true until Lauren actually said that she had it during Tribal Council).

        Loading editor
    • I agree I do think final 7 was a better time for Lauren-Devon-Ashley to target Ben than final 8 because Ben is a threat to everyone left in the game and if that move works, Lauren's extra vote gives them a 4-3 advantage over Mike/Chrissy/Ryan in the next vote. Or as another option, Mike could see the finish line and think he ditched Chrissy and Ryan and at final 4 he could convince one of the other 3 that someone is a bigger jury threat than he is. My biggest concern from Mike is that although he isn't an immediate target for the next vote, the Healers are seen as tight knit so because he may have 3 guaranteed votes that could be reason enough to vote him out. If that becomes a canon plot point, I would hope Mike argues that "I may have 3 Healers on the jury but no way do I get the other 5 votes".

        Loading editor
    • Thoughts:

      1. Chrissy is the biggest sore loser the game has ever seen. She is so selfish it is disgusting. But yes, Ben should not have taken it to a personal level with her as well. Still, Ben does not have this "I am the best, how dare they turn on me" attitude, while Chrissy is just a pain to watch.

      2. Lauren, on the other hand, is a good sport. You can see that she treats this game like one should treat it. Great attitude and a great character. From a typical early boot, Lauren has become this season's most likeable player.

      3. The challenges on Survivor get more boring with each episode. I remember that when I started watching this show, some 13 years ago, I started watching it for the challenges. Now, the challenges are just meh... As is the show as a whole... But yes, this season is still one of the best, don't get me wrong.

      4. Lauren had it coming. Too many mistakes, too much information, and you are out just like that.

      5. The best moment of the episode was Mike burning the idol. Not because it was a bold move, but because it made Jeff angry! Way to go, Mike!

      6. Still think Ben's gonna win.

      And the player of the week is... Doctor Mike. For stirring up chaos, for becoming an important swing vote, and for making Probst angry!

        Loading editor
    • TubbzyWubbzy wrote:
      From what I can speculate on the episode

      - I noticed that they're starting to give Chrissy a spoiled bitch edit

      - Ashley made a terrible mistake by choosing to go for Ben at that moment, I get that she wants to "build her resume" for the FTC, but she didn't realize that if the 4 killed off one of their own at that moment, they'd go even numbers with their enemies, (Ryan, Chrissy, and Mike), going into the next tribal council.

      - Lauren made a stupid move by giving half of her idol to Ryan, she should've just flat out played it when she heard her name getting tossed around at tribal

      - If the other five seriously let Mike make his way to the FTC, I'd consider all of them and Lauren to be the dumbest people to ever play this game.

      Haven't they always given her that edit though? Like, there hasn't been one time this season where she's been portrayed as likeable in anyway

        Loading editor
    • TubbzyWubbzy wrote: - Lauren made a stupid move by giving half of her idol to Ryan, she should've just flat out played it when she heard her name getting tossed around at tribal

      You mean Mike, not Ryan.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think anyone will top Russell Hantz as the biggest sore loser. He's the only one who has said "the game is flawed". Almost everyone else who hasn't won and even winners recognize flaws in their game. Chrissy is making a very compelling case for 2nd biggest sore loser though.

      Also, Chrissy had a positive edit for four episodes before she started getting into it with Roark. At first I thought it was justifiable because Roark and Chrissy were targeting and being harsh toward each other but then Chrissy didn't improve since.

        Loading editor
    • With Lauren's elimination, the season's remaining bits of watchability is gone. 

        Loading editor
    • Survivor Tuvalu wrote:

      TubbzyWubbzy wrote: - Lauren made a stupid move by giving half of her idol to Ryan, she should've just flat out played it when she heard her name getting tossed around at tribal

      You mean Mike, not Ryan.

      How did I miss that?

        Loading editor
    • I was sad seeing Lauren go, but with her gone now, I'm just glad Chrissy has the numbers to herself now, as no way Ben would want to vote with Ashley & Devon on the final 6, making it 4-2 in favour of Chrissy,Ryan & Mike cause no way they r gonna keep Ben around. So next episode im thinking Devon or Ashley will go. Then maybe Ben, then whoever is left of Devon/Ashley! 

        Loading editor
    • IAmNothing712 wrote:
      With Lauren's elimination, the season's remaining bits of watchability is gone. 

      There's only 2 episodes left, we still have 3-4 decent winner candidates, and we will see Lauren in the jury in the finale. So all is not lost, this can still be a decent season if the right person (or one of the right people) wins.

        Loading editor
    • Oh my god I love Corinne and it's so funny that we picked the same person to win.

      Nevertheless, Chrissy and Ryan managed to go from a place of power to once again looking like a couple of idiots.

      I don't know if Lauren even made a bad move by trusting Mike because I honestly just think he's crazy and that move is gonna bite him in the ass. I mean obviously it was a bad move because she's gone but y'all know what I mean.

      Ben needs to go. I see his story and I'm sure he's a great guy but he just irritates me. I'm sure that provided he loses the immunity challenge, he will go home. 

      New pick to win: DR. MIKE - he's crazy and i don't even know if I want him to win but the jury loves him and his unconventional game play is amazing.

        Loading editor
    • IAmNothing712 wrote:
      With Lauren's elimination, the season's remaining bits of watchability is gone. 

      ok but you're still gonna watch lmao

        Loading editor
    • JojoFromKocamo wrote:
      IAmNothing712 wrote:
      With Lauren's elimination, the season's remaining bits of watchability is gone. 
      ok but you're still gonna watch lmao

      Of course, but begrudgingly. The only way I can get solace from this season is to see Ryan and Chrissy get voted out, or get chewed by the jury. 

        Loading editor
    • I really don't have much to say about this episode. It was both one of the most exciting episodes and one of the most disappointing.

        Loading editor
    • IAmNothing712 wrote: Of course, but begrudgingly. The only way I can get solace from this season is to see Ryan and Chrissy get voted out, or get chewed by the jury. 

      I am not sure what Ryan exactly did wrong except for giving idol information too much. I could get Chrissy being polarizing though, but seeing Ben doing slightly similar things (i.e. being too alpha at times) I wonder if her being female just makes it off-putting to some than if she's going to be a guy. I personally think Devon has been playing a better game right now (UTR but has been making many subtle moves ala Natalie A. or Jeremy and still not getting votes against them) but Chrissy's been playing hard to get control again, you have to admit.

        Loading editor
    • An Outcast
        Loading editor
Like this post
Unlike
See who liked this