Fandom

Survivor Wiki

Season 34 - Episode 7 Thoughts?

  • Wow.



    I...uh...


    I'm sure I know what everyone is thinking rn, but lemme know what you thought.

      Loading editor
    • I want to hug Varner, I truly feel bad for the guy, I know how he's feeling as I've screwed up like that as well, except in my case it was to my suicidal friend, I know that he is truly not in a good place and I wish him all the best, I'm not saying that Varner's actions are excusable, but he as a person should not be judged, instead his actions. I love him to death and look up to him for surviving each day after this incident.

      As for Zeke, he handled the situation like a champ, I like that he showed Varner love after the incident, even hugging him on his way out

      The rest of the Nuku tribe handled it badly Imo, I personally don't like people fighting my battles for me, And since Zeke himself wasn't as mad as they were, I felt it was unessecary to bash Varner for what he said, it especially hurt me when Sarah was going on a tirade about why she didn't buy it, and when Ozzy said something along the lines of Varner being a disgusting person. I don't like that attitude, but I still get why they said that.

      I really hope all of these people are ok now, especially Varner and Zeke

        Loading editor
    • As much as what Jeff Varner did was horrible, do you think he should have at least be given the formal right to be voted out through a regular vote? It is not like with Brandon Hantz where Jeff's presence would be harmful to the safety of the players that it seemed he was forced to be voted out by the production. I quite dislike verbal votes because it feels like any inkling you have of voting for someone else for whatever reason (which is always a test whenever you come in front of a parchment) is diminished due to the obvious nature of the vote that if felt like production is nudging you to do it. It just feels like Jeff was also forcibly eliminated without him having a say (which IMO is a right he had as a castaway).

        Loading editor
    • Thoughts on this episode:

      1. So sad for Varner. I thought he would get to the merge this time, but I guess it was not meant to be. I can't believe this is how he ends his Survivor story (unless if he gets to play for a fourth time). This is one aspect of this game, you sometimes stop thinking and make stupid mistakes like this. There is no explanation as to why Varner would make this statement being in a good position after exposing the alleged Zeke-Ozzy alliance. Questions of morality aside, this should be ranked as one of the dumbest moves in Survivor history.

      2. Well, Jeff at least gets the distinction of being the only player to play three times, and never make the jury (he did make the merge in Australia, though).

      3. I am somewhat baffled by Jeff's statement that Zeke's secret was exposed to millions of viewers. I mean, he said it long before this was aired, and making such a statement was something like a declaration that no matter what Varner and Zeke would want, this would be aired. I mean, yeah, given the fact Varner was eliminated because of his words kind of made it necessary to not edit it out, but still...

      4. Production is going out of its way to make fans love Culpepper. I am OK with that, but I think they went too far this time.

      5. Overall, this was one of Survivor's worst episodes of all time. I watch Survivor for entertainment, and this episode was nothing but. Let's hope it will not affect the quality of this season too much, as it has been a really good one so far.

        Loading editor
    • It is very sad about Varner because I was enjoying him more this season than I did in his first two season and would've been fine with him winning this season; he screwed up badly and paid the ultimate price. I do however think Varner should've at least had the right to cast a vote though, Probst was very unfair to him over that considering Varner didn't even quit. I hope Varner is doing ok.

      While I felt very bad for Zeke, I just hope he doesn't milk it to win should he make it to the end. I do hope he is doing ok and I praise him for being brave and even hugging Varner before Varner departed.

      A couple good moments in this episode were Michaela, Hali, Aubry, Varner, and Tai's reactions to seeing the pizza and later after Mana lost, I laughed at Cirie and Sierra's small discussion about the other tribe with Cirie saying "I can't believe those bastards got pizza" and Sierra than responding "10 pizzas". They were the only good moments in this episode.

      Unfortunately though, this episode caused this season for me to slowly go down in my rankings and is very close to being a bottom 10 season for me.

        Loading editor
    • I wouldn't go as far as the bottom 10 with this season. It is still too good to be as low. So far there was only one bad episode (which may actually be the worst episode of all time), and I do not think the rest of the season will be bad.

      I also hope that the Varner-Zeke incident will never be mentioned again.

      I have to say I feel worse for Varner than for Zeke. I mean, Zeke did not do anything wrong. His problem is that he had a secret he did not want revealed, and it was revealed by accident. While this has certainly been a difficult experience for Zeke, I think it is nothing compared to what Varner went through. It is much worse to be the one inadvertently revealing someone's deep secret than being the one whose secret got revealed. And you could see that Varner immediately realized what he had just done, and he felt terrible, and I am sure he still feels terrible.

      I hope that the viewers understand that Varner was not being malicious, he just slipped, he was not thinking straight. This should be a lesson to anyone playing Survivor, always think before you speak, especially when you are in such harsh conditions, when your brain does not function the way it should. I mean, we've seen it in so many seasons how people actually lost it completely after spending so much time on Survivor without food and sleep, and everything we are so used to. People tend to lose their minds out there.

        Loading editor
    • -No Tony

      -No Malcolm

      -No JT

      -No Sandra

      -A hot topic that's been dragged out for too long this episode

      -The winner seems like it's going to be either Sarah or Brad based on the edit

      This season is quickly becoming one of the worst seasons ever

        Loading editor
    • You can't say a season is one of the worst based on one bad episode.

      And you didn't honestly think Tony, JT and Sandra could make it far?

        Loading editor
    • To be fair I don't see the beef with either Brad or Sarah winning...at least with Brad he seems to be really doing well in managing his alliances (although I will say Sarah was quick to believe Varner's twist on what Zeke said about the girls lying, although based on Zeke's Secret Scene it seems Sarah and Andrea told him about it and tried to fix it).

        Loading editor
    • I really hope Michaela comes back next episode. Her winner chances have went from high to medium to super low to low to now like, 0, but I think she'll have at least SOME screentime this time, now that her two big allies are gone. I fear she's going out next, but who knows?

        Loading editor
    • Now, that the merge has arrived, everyone is supposed to get more screen time.

        Loading editor
    • Ifoundalemontree wrote:
      I wouldn't go as far as the bottom 10 with this season. It is still too good to be as low. So far there was only one bad episode (which may actually be the worst episode of all time), and I do not think the rest of the season will be bad.

      I also hope that the Varner-Zeke incident will never be mentioned again.

      I have to say I feel worse for Varner than for Zeke. I mean, Zeke did not do anything wrong. His problem is that he had a secret he did not want revealed, and it was revealed by accident. While this has certainly been a difficult experience for Zeke, I think it is nothing compared to what Varner went through. It is much worse to be the one inadvertently revealing someone's deep secret than being the one whose secret got revealed. And you could see that Varner immediately realized what he had just done, and he felt terrible, and I am sure he still feels terrible.

      I hope that the viewers understand that Varner was not being malicious, he just slipped, he was not thinking straight. This should be a lesson to anyone playing Survivor, always think before you speak, especially when you are in such harsh conditions, when your brain does not function the way it should. I mean, we've seen it in so many seasons how people actually lost it completely after spending so much time on Survivor without food and sleep, and everything we are so used to. People tend to lose their minds out there.

      I guess I only said it was close to being a bottom 10 season because of the events of this episode and the fact most of the pre-merge boots were more popular players (Ciera, Tony, Malcolm, Sandra, and even J.T. despite the fact he caused Malcolm's dismiss).

      I do agree, I don't want the incident mentioned again either (hence why I said I hope Zeke doesn't milk it for sympathy if he makes it to the end).

      I do feel more bad for Varner more than Zeke. He was fired from his job as a Real Estate Broker after this episode aired. I know he is very truly sorry for what he said and I do believe him, his apology was very sincere.

        Loading editor
    • TribalChants wrote:
      Ifoundalemontree wrote:
      I wouldn't go as far as the bottom 10 with this season. It is still too good to be as low. So far there was only one bad episode (which may actually be the worst episode of all time), and I do not think the rest of the season will be bad.

      I also hope that the Varner-Zeke incident will never be mentioned again.

      I have to say I feel worse for Varner than for Zeke. I mean, Zeke did not do anything wrong. His problem is that he had a secret he did not want revealed, and it was revealed by accident. While this has certainly been a difficult experience for Zeke, I think it is nothing compared to what Varner went through. It is much worse to be the one inadvertently revealing someone's deep secret than being the one whose secret got revealed. And you could see that Varner immediately realized what he had just done, and he felt terrible, and I am sure he still feels terrible.

      I hope that the viewers understand that Varner was not being malicious, he just slipped, he was not thinking straight. This should be a lesson to anyone playing Survivor, always think before you speak, especially when you are in such harsh conditions, when your brain does not function the way it should. I mean, we've seen it in so many seasons how people actually lost it completely after spending so much time on Survivor without food and sleep, and everything we are so used to. People tend to lose their minds out there.

      I guess I only said it was close to being a bottom 10 season because of the events of this episode and the fact most of the pre-merge boots were more popular players (Ciera, Tony, Malcolm, Sandra, and even J.T. despite the fact he caused Malcolm's dismiss).

      I do agree, I don't want the incident mentioned again either (hence why I said I hope Zeke doesn't milk it for sympathy if he makes it to the end).

      I do feel more bad for Varner more than Zeke. He was fired from his job as a Real Estate Broker after this episode aired. I know he is very truly sorry for what he said and I do believe him, his apology was very sincere.

      Yes, what Varner did was bad, but it seemed really silly that he lost his job over that statement

        Loading editor
    • You guys feel worse for Varner?  Yes, it is stupid that he lost his job but, trans phobia leads to trans people being KILLED.  Not the same thing.  

        Loading editor
    • my OCD was on fire because Varner didn't vote. I can't even look at his voting history!

        Loading editor
    • But to be serious do you guys think Zeke will be seen as a jury threat now that he went through this?

        Loading editor
    • Cosmicbimbo wrote:
      You guys feel worse for Varner?  Yes, it is stupid that he lost his job but, trans phobia leads to trans people being KILLED.  Not the same thing.  


      Varner DOES NOT have trans phobia. He only used the fact Zeke was a trans to try to show that he was not honest, and kept secrets from the others. Varner was not thinking straight, and he thought that a secret like Zeke's is the same as Tony lying he was not a policeman, Gary Hogeboom lying he was a landscape architect, or Brian Heidik trying to hide the fact he was rich. It was a stupid miscalculation and a miserable move. It was not done maliciously or out of hatred towards trans people in general or Zeke in particular.

      And the fact Varner was fired from his job over this is not silly or stupid, it is appalling. I don't think they had any right to fire him over this. What does his job even have to do with this incident?! Now I feel even worse for Jeff. It is not like he was trying to be mean to Zeke, it is not like he did not realize his mistake, and did not feel terribly sorry for it. You can see how it bothers him. But no, we are going to make it worse on him, we are going to blame him for being something he is not, we are going to roast him on the internet, we are going to say that what he did was malicious (Sarah...), we are going to fire him from his job... Way to go, society! The man made a mistake, he is sorry, leave him alone.

        Loading editor
    • ManaphyIsLife wrote:
      But to be serious do you guys think Zeke will be seen as a jury threat now that he went through this?

      If you mean that people will realize he has a sob story and not let him near the final then, yes, he is a jury threat.

        Loading editor
    • Ifoundalemontree wrote:
      Cosmicbimbo wrote:
      You guys feel worse for Varner?  Yes, it is stupid that he lost his job but, trans phobia leads to trans people being KILLED.  Not the same thing.  

      Varner DOES NOT have trans phobia. He only used the fact Zeke was a trans to try to show that he was not honest, and kept secrets from the others. Varner was not thinking straight, and he thought that a secret like Zeke's is the same as Tony lying he was not a policeman, Gary Hogeboom lying he was a landscape architect, or Brian Heidik trying to hide the fact he was rich. It was a stupid miscalculation and a miserable move. It was not done maliciously or out of hatred towards trans people in general or Zeke in particular.

      And the fact Varner was fired from his job over this is not silly or stupid, it is appalling. I don't think they had any right to fire him over this. What does his job even have to do with this incident?! Now I feel even worse for Jeff. It is not like he was trying to be mean to Zeke, it is not like he did not realize his mistake, and did not feel terribly sorry for it. You can see how it bothers him. But no, we are going to make it worse on him, we are going to blame him for being something he is not, we are going to roast him on the internet, we are going to say that what he did was malicious (Sarah...), we are going to fire him from his job... Way to go, society! The man made a mistake, he is sorry, leave him alone.

      You might want to read what I wrote again because I have said nothing that you are accusing me of.  I stopped reading your rant after the first sentence.  

        Loading editor
    • I agree, Varner needs to be left alone. Other Survivor castaways both in and outside of the game have done WAY worse things than what Varner has done IMO.

        Loading editor
    • trans phobia leads to trans people being KILLED.

      This is what you wrote.

      While this is true (and not just when it comes to hatred of trans people, but LGBT people in general, and actually, hatred of various other groups), what exactly does it have to do with Varner and what he did?! It was completely off-topic, and seemed like you were accusing Varner of trans phobia.

        Loading editor
    • TribalChants wrote:
      I agree, Varner needs to be left alone. Other Survivor castaways both in and outside of the game have done WAY worse things than what Varner has done IMO.

      What can be worse thean outing someone.  It can get people killed.

        Loading editor
    • Ifoundalemontree wrote:
      trans phobia leads to trans people being KILLED.
      This is what you wrote.

      While this is true (and not just when it comes to hatred of trans people, but LGBT people in general, and actually, hatred of various other groups), what exactly does it have to do with Varner and what he did?! It was completely off-topic, and seemed like you were accusing Varner of trans phobia.

      First you took that part out of contest.  Even IN context nowhere am I accusing Varner of transphobia.  That goes back to reading the entire post.

        Loading editor
    • ...This argument makes no sense, but okay.

        Loading editor
    • Cosmicbimbo wrote:
      What can be worse thean outing someone.  It can get people killed.

      Maybe outing someone by mistake, like Jeff did?

      And would you stop being so dramatic with those "it can get people killed" comments?! Let's not forget that Zeke is already known as a gay man (so is Jeff, let's not forget that), which could already make him a target for hatred by homophobes. And you don't even have to be LGBT to be in danger. There was an incident in Israel a few years back, for instance, when a homophobe killed a young girl who attended a pride parade. She was not gay, she was merely there to support the LGBT community. Homophobes do not differentiate between gay and trans people, and can even hurt supporters of LGBT rights, who are not LGBT themselves. I mean, they would even want to hurt Sarah for her support for Zeke.

      The problem in this situation is that Zeke wanted to just be known as gay, and was not ready to reveal he was trans (something I am sure he would do sooner or later, I mean, he did tell Varner and the show's production), and Varner did it when Zeke was not ready. This is the problem here, do not take it out of context.

        Loading editor
    • Ifoundalemontree wrote:
      Cosmicbimbo wrote:
      What can be worse thean outing someone.  It can get people killed.
      Maybe outing someone by mistake, like Jeff did?

      And would you stop being so dramatic with those "it can get people killed" comments?! Let's not forget that Zeke is already known as a gay man (so is Jeff, let's not forget that), which could already make him a target for hatred by homophobes. And you don't even have to be LGBT to be in danger. There was an incident in Israel a few years back, for instance, when a homophobe killed a young girl who attended a pride parade. She was not gay, she was merely there to support the LGBT community. Homophobes do not differentiate between gay and trans people, and can even hurt supporters of LGBT rights, who are not LGBT themselves. I mean, they would even want to hurt Sarah for her support for Zeke.

      The problem in this situation is that Zeke wanted to just be known as gay, and was not ready to reveal he was trans (something I am sure he would do sooner or later, I mean, he did tell Varner and the show's production), and Varner did it when Zeke was not ready. This is the problem here, do not take it out of context.

      LOL!  You accusing me of taking something out of context.  Seriously, your argument is that he could be killed because he is gay so, what does it matter if he is outed as trans?  WOW you are a piece of work!  Assuming that all gay people are okay with trans people.  It has NEVER happened that someone killed a trans person when they found out because they are freaks or anything.  I am not the one being dramatic I am being realistic. Really, it is okay to be outed because he would have done it sooner or later.  I hope no gay or trans person confides anything to you.  You are a danger to their community.

        Loading editor
    • Cosmicbimbo wrote:
      TribalChants wrote:
      I agree, Varner needs to be left alone. Other Survivor castaways both in and outside of the game have done WAY worse things than what Varner has done IMO.
      What can be worse thean outing someone.  It can get people killed.

      Brian Heidik shot a puppy, Corinne insulted Sugar's late father, Boo from Fiji hit a woman in a bar, Will Sims insulting Shirin saying she had nobody who loves her (not knowing she was abused as a child), and the recent incident with Skupin... I feel those were FAR worse than Varner mistakenly outing Zeke as a trans.

        Loading editor
    • Cosmicbimbo wrote:
      LOL!  You accusing me of taking something out of context.  Seriously, your argument is that he could be killed because he is gay so, what does it matter if he is outed as trans?  WOW you are a piece of work!  Assuming that all gay people are okay with trans people.  It has NEVER happened that someone killed a trans person when they found out because they are freaks or anything.  I am not the one being dramatic I am being realistic. Really, it is okay to be outed because he would have done it sooner or later.  I hope no gay or trans person confides anything to you.  You are a danger to their community.

      Wow, I am a piece of work?! You are the one who does not understand what others tell him, and accuses people of something they are not.

      My argument is NOT that it does not matter that he was outed as a trans, and if you read carefully, and actually think about what I wrote, you will see that I wrote that what Jeff did to Zeke was wrong. All I am saying is that you are being too dramatic, and taking this to the extreme, while going way off-topic, and not even trying to understand what others are telling you.

        Loading editor
    • TribalChants wrote:
      Cosmicbimbo wrote:
      TribalChants wrote:
      I agree, Varner needs to be left alone. Other Survivor castaways both in and outside of the game have done WAY worse things than what Varner has done IMO.
      What can be worse thean outing someone.  It can get people killed.
      Brian Heidik shot a puppy, Corinne insulted Sugar's late father, Boo from Fiji hit a woman in a bar, Will Sims insulting Shirin saying she had nobody who loves her (not knowing she was abused as a child), and the recent incident with Skupin... I feel those were FAR worse than Varner mistakenly outing Zeke as a trans.

      Not to mention Shannon's abuse of Sash in Nicaragua. Or what NaOnka did to Kelly Shinn on the same season.

      The audience booing Jerri at the All-Stars reunion was also a Survivor low point, it was a disgusting display of hatred that went too far.

        Loading editor
    • Here's my recap. Also find out who I gave medals to this week. https://www.theodysseyonline.com/survivor-game-changers-episode-6-review

        Loading editor
    • Well, this was a shameful end to Varner's legacy. Unable to make the jury phase three times and leaving in an extremely controversial tribal council.

        Loading editor
    • Ifoundalemontree wrote:

      Not to mention Shannon's abuse of Sash in Nicaragua. Or what NaOnka did to Kelly Shinn on the same season.

      The audience booing Jerri at the All-Stars reunion was also a Survivor low point, it was a disgusting display of hatred that went too far.

      Yes, I forgot about those two incidents in Nicaragua (though mind you, Sash isn't exactly a saint; there was the supposed rumour of the mortgage gate incident with Jane which resulted in Sash getting no jury votes).

      I agree, the booing on Jerri was VERY unnecessary and uncalled for. She wasn't one of my favourites at the time (she is now after Heroes vs. Villains), but she didn't deserve the booing regardless.

        Loading editor
    • Horrible episode, I hate it when the editors exploit extremely personal stuff like this to make "good" television. I knew something was up when the TV said there was 20 something minutes left in the episode just before tribal

        Loading editor
    • SouthParkClydeFan wrote:
      Horrible episode, I hate it when the editors exploit extremely personal stuff like this to make "good" television. I knew something was up when the TV said there was 20 something minutes left in the episode just before tribal

      To blame the editors for this is a dense argument. Like, if they left that scene out of there, it would just seem that Varner was merely on the outs. It's not like the editors were there on the spot editing what the survivors are saying. Suppose they did edit Varner's gaffe, how would you explain the survivors tearing up? How would you explain the forgoing of the standard voting process without that scene?

        Loading editor
    • My personal thoughts (it's been a long time coming):

      Us admins have known about Zeke being trans since Millennials vs Gen X was still on air because there was a trivia edit on his page that cited one Harvard article about him and his transitioning. But for some reason, a Wikia staffer deleted the entry "per request". Because it is so rare that Wikia intervenes in any wiki's daily affairs, we suspected that it was CBS who made the request. We protected his page from new users since then.

      As for the episode, Varner was definitely in the wrong for bringing up something exogenous to the game such as sexuality. As a gay man, he should know better that unceremoniously outing someone could cause a major backlash in and out of the game. Social media chewed on him and he lost his job. However, the backlash turned out waaaaaay too much, it's not like he already felt bad about it (for nearly a year). 

      I just hate the hypocrisy. People on high horses kept beating a dead one. 

      There is this BIG "HOWEVER:" Having moments like these just proves that Survivor is indeed real, and we need moments like this occasionally to remind us of that. It exposes human nature, both at its best and at its worst.

        Loading editor
    • Other thoughts:

      1. I just hope Nuku moves past this and not use nor reference Zeke's sexuality for the rest of the game. It would be just as unfair Varner outing Zeke, but if so, they'd be going as low as Varner went (it's a game after all). But if Zeke wouldn't want to be remembered as "just the first trans survivor", why would they?
      2. Andrea, poor girl. She was on two of the worst seasons in the history of the series, and had witnessed some of series' ugliest moments (i.e. rice wars, being around Phillip period, the Hantz meltdown, Brenda's farcical jury speech, and Varner outing Zeke), and she wasn't even a reason why her seasons were bad. "Bad luck Andrea" needs to be a meme.
        Loading editor
    • Just a slight nitpick.  trans has nothing to do with sexuality.

        Loading editor
    • They could just not show people crying. It is not that hard lol

        Loading editor
    • SouthParkClydeFan wrote:
      They could just not show people crying. It is not that hard lol

      I feel that this Tribal Council wasn't just a ratings grab, it was an important message to everyone watching, and it blurred the lines of Survivor as a whole. They could've edited around it, but I think it was more respectable to leave the incident in for anyone at home who's struggling with these problems.

        Loading editor
    • SouthParkClydeFan wrote:
      They could just not show people crying. It is not that hard lol

      It's just sad that new fans and casuals (loathe them to death) think that showing a tad bit of emotion on Survivor is a sign of weakness.

        Loading editor
    • Cosmicbimbo wrote:
      Just a slight nitpick.  trans has nothing to do with sexuality.

      Lack of a better term. Oops. :)

        Loading editor
    • SouthParkClydeFan wrote:
      They could just not show people crying. It is not that hard lol

      You didn't answer my other question, and it is sad that casuals like you just the show as just a game with pieces moving back and forth. Survivor is played by humans, not chess pieces without emotion. 

        Loading editor
    • NewGenGamer wrote:
      SouthParkClydeFan wrote:
      They could just not show people crying. It is not that hard lol
      I feel that this Tribal Council wasn't just a ratings grab, it was an important message to everyone watching, and it blurred the lines of Survivor as a whole. They could've edited around it, but I think it was more respectable to leave the incident in for anyone at home who's struggling with these problems.

      The CBS fanpage is so unbearable to look at. One person would say the show is staged. Some others say the show was filmed in a resort. Another would say things Clyde would  about displaying emotion.

        Loading editor
    • Ifoundalemontree wrote:
      TribalChants wrote:
      Cosmicbimbo wrote:
      TribalChants wrote:
      I agree, Varner needs to be left alone. Other Survivor castaways both in and outside of the game have done WAY worse things than what Varner has done IMO.
      What can be worse thean outing someone.  It can get people killed.
      Brian Heidik shot a puppy, Corinne insulted Sugar's late father, Boo from Fiji hit a woman in a bar, Will Sims insulting Shirin saying she had nobody who loves her (not knowing she was abused as a child), and the recent incident with Skupin... I feel those were FAR worse than Varner mistakenly outing Zeke as a trans.
      Not to mention Shannon's abuse of Sash in Nicaragua. Or what NaOnka did to Kelly Shinn on the same season.

      The audience booing Jerri at the All-Stars reunion was also a Survivor low point, it was a disgusting display of hatred that went too far.

      Comparing Varner to Shannon is like comparing apples and oranges. Shannon is innately a douchebag. Varner is not. 

        Loading editor
    • Before I rest my case, I'll just say this: Condemn the sin, not the sinner. 

        Loading editor
    • And while none of us may have done that same sin, we've all sinned and asked for forgiveness before.

        Loading editor
    • IAmNothing712 wrote:

      SouthParkClydeFan wrote:
      They could just not show people crying. It is not that hard lol

      You didn't answer my other question, and it is sad that casuals like you just the show as just a game with pieces moving back and forth. Survivor is played by humans, not chess pieces without emotion. 

      I'm not a casual tho, it's true my account to the wiki is new but I have been apart of the fanbase since Micronesia

        Loading editor
    • Maybe another hit against the argument that CBS shouldn't have aired the reveal is that the event was spoiled a LONG time ago. Multiple spoiler sources have revealed months ago that a very controversial event happened and it was related to Zeke being transgender, and Varner was involved. If CBS somehow tried to keep it secret, I'm sure it would have eventually come out in another way. People would be making assumptions about what really happened, and some would believe that Varner did even worse things (like this... Russell is so pathetic).

        Loading editor
    • Screenshot 20170418-164831

      Same

        Loading editor
    • I think everyone knows by now that whenever Russell Hantz gets involved in any discussion it never goes well lol. He's trying so hard to stay relevant.

        Loading editor
    • IAmNothing712 wrote:
      Other thoughts:
      1. I just hope Nuku moves past this and not use nor reference Zeke's sexuality for the rest of the game. It would be just as unfair Varner outing Zeke, but if so, they'd be going as low as Varner went (it's a game after all). But if Zeke wouldn't want to be remembered as "just the first trans survivor", why would they?
      2. Andrea, poor girl. She was on two of the worst seasons in the history of the series, and had witnessed some of series' ugliest moments (i.e. rice wars, being around Phillip period, the Hantz meltdown, Brenda's farcical jury speech, and Varner outing Zeke), and she wasn't even a reason why her seasons were bad. "Bad luck Andrea" needs to be a meme.

      1. I agree! Nuku does need to move past it, but the Mana tribe is more than likely going to find out about it.

      2. Yes, poor Andrea. In addition to everything you mentioned, she also uncovered that secret advantage and didn't even see it while Sierra did.

        Loading editor
    • I know Andrea is getting the purple edit but I think this has been her best pre merge. She was blindsided by Matt's blindside and somewhat isolated in Redemption Island and she nearly overplayed herself out of the game in the first vote in Caramoan.

        Loading editor
    • There is one more thing about the episode involving Varner... did anybody notice when his torch got snuffed, he had one of the pizza boxes in his hands? I wonder why he had that with him?

        Loading editor
    • Probably as a souvenir to remember the season.

        Loading editor
    • Ivanornels wrote:
      Probably as a souvenir to remember the season.

      That makes sense.

        Loading editor
    • IAmNothing712 wrote:
      Cosmicbimbo wrote:
      Just a slight nitpick.  trans has nothing to do with sexuality.
      Lack of a better term. Oops. :)

      Thanks what I thought. :) The term is gender identity.

        Loading editor
    • SouthParkClydeFan wrote:

      IAmNothing712 wrote:

      SouthParkClydeFan wrote:
      They could just not show people crying. It is not that hard lol
      You didn't answer my other question, and it is sad that casuals like you just the show as just a game with pieces moving back and forth. Survivor is played by humans, not chess pieces without emotion. 
      I'm not a casual tho, it's true my account to the wiki is new but I have been apart of the fanbase since Micronesia

      And, I am a casual but, I see this from a sociological perspective and not just simple a human game of chess.

        Loading editor
    • Distanceriez E. wrote:
      Maybe another hit against the argument that CBS shouldn't have aired the reveal is that the event was spoiled a LONG time ago. Multiple spoiler sources have revealed months ago that a very controversial event happened and it was related to Zeke being transgender, and Varner was involved. If CBS somehow tried to keep it secret, I'm sure it would have eventually come out in another way. People would be making assumptions about what really happened, and some would believe that Varner did even worse things (like this... Russell is so pathetic).

      So, Russell wants to be run over?  I am sure there are many who would oblige.

        Loading editor
    • TribalChants wrote:
      IAmNothing712 wrote:
      Other thoughts:
      1. I just hope Nuku moves past this and not use nor reference Zeke's sexuality for the rest of the game. It would be just as unfair Varner outing Zeke, but if so, they'd be going as low as Varner went (it's a game after all). But if Zeke wouldn't want to be remembered as "just the first trans survivor", why would they?
      2. Andrea, poor girl. She was on two of the worst seasons in the history of the series, and had witnessed some of series' ugliest moments (i.e. rice wars, being around Phillip period, the Hantz meltdown, Brenda's farcical jury speech, and Varner outing Zeke), and she wasn't even a reason why her seasons were bad. "Bad luck Andrea" needs to be a meme.
      1. I agree! Nuku does need to move past it, but the Mana tribe is more than likely going to find out about it.

      2. Yes, poor Andrea. In addition to everything you mentioned, she also uncovered that secret advantage and didn't even see it while Sierra did.

      Nor did she notice Troyzan grabbing the idol.

        Loading editor
    • Cosmicbimbo wrote:

      SouthParkClydeFan wrote:

      IAmNothing712 wrote:

      SouthParkClydeFan wrote:
      They could just not show people crying. It is not that hard lol
      You didn't answer my other question, and it is sad that casuals like you just the show as just a game with pieces moving back and forth. Survivor is played by humans, not chess pieces without emotion. 
      I'm not a casual tho, it's true my account to the wiki is new but I have been apart of the fanbase since Micronesia

      And, I am a casual but, I see this from a sociological perspective and not just simple a human game of chess.

      I never said this was chess, other people told me that's what I said.

        Loading editor
    • SouthParkClydeFan wrote:

      Cosmicbimbo wrote:

      SouthParkClydeFan wrote:

      IAmNothing712 wrote:


      SouthParkClydeFan wrote:
      They could just not show people crying. It is not that hard lol
      You didn't answer my other question, and it is sad that casuals like you just the show as just a game with pieces moving back and forth. Survivor is played by humans, not chess pieces without emotion. 
      I'm not a casual tho, it's true my account to the wiki is new but I have been apart of the fanbase since Micronesia
      And, I am a casual but, I see this from a sociological perspective and not just simple a human game of chess.
      I never said this was chess, other people told me that's what I said.

      I know.  This was more towards IAmNothing.  Pointing out that he can't assume who is a casual fan and who is not based on his notions what a casual fan is.

        Loading editor
    • I just assume that if you are willing to go to a wikia and contribute to it, you're at least a devoted fan if not a hardcore fan. Either way, you're all cool in my book!

        Loading editor
    • An Outcast
        Loading editor
Like this post
Unlike
See who liked this