FANDOM


  • With Cambodia having finished airing, I felt for the off-season we could discuss our own personal favorite/least favorite Survivor seasons. I did this over the past 2 days out of boredom. Anyways, here we gooooooooooo...


    The top ten are the seasons that I feel define how incredible this show can get. While the top 4 are in distinct order, the others are virtually interchangeable. But before that...


    Borneo
    0. Survivor: Borneo.
    He's fat, but he's good.
    Yep, this season isn't getting ranked. That's neither a good nor bad thing, but I feel it's necessary.
    Survivor wasn't Survivor in its inaugural season. It was presented like a documentary, the cinematography was different, and we were watching the game be built before it could be played. I love this season with all my heart, but I'm not ranking it with the others. If you disagree then rip.


    ChinaLogoNB
    1. Survivor: China.
    DAYUM
    Out of all 31 seasons, within all the twists and turns and vote offs, I will forever consider China the best of the best. All 16 of the castaways were memorable in some way or another, even the pre-mergers. This resulted in arguably the greatest final 10 in the show's history, and also gave us an incredible final 3, with the greatest FTC performance ever.
    One thing, however, sets this season apart: the amount of rich culture the producers had access to completely and utterly fueled everything, from the challenges to the rewards and during big events of the season. China is still one of the most popular seasons in the show's history, and to me, it's also the greatest.


    Fijilogo
    2. Survivor: Fiji.
    You're a grown man, I suggest a name change.
    I'm probably going to get reamed for putting this so high, but idgaf. Fiji, for me, remains the show's most underrated season, and the first true "modern" one.
    Despite the suckiest twist of all time,Fiji only had one or two duds cast-wise, and also had arguably the greatest editing gem of all time: the rise and fall of the Four Horseman. How none of those four were brought back boggles me to this day.
    Aside from that, Fiji also benefited from TONS of funny moments, many of them short and sweet. Things like Michelle falling off the platform, Rocky losing his shit, Boo's pathway and Lisi's epic fail are the sort of things that make a season that much funnier to watch. Fiji also had the first ever successful idol play, and to top it all off, it had, in my opinion, the greatest winner in the show's history.
    Fiji was awesome. It's a shame not many others see that.


    Pearl Islands NB
    3. Survivor: Pearl Islands.
    She died, dude.
    From one of the most universally hated to one of the most universally loved, Pearl Islands is considered by many to be the best of the old-school seasons. Do I agree? Of course I do. Many big characters evolved from this season, including Sandra, Fairplay, Savage, and of course the pirate himself, Rupert Motherfucking Boneham.
    Using the pirate theme to its full potential, Pearl Islands pushed the boundaries on what Survivor could become, especially with Fairplay's absolutely immoral yet hilarious gameplay. Dead Grandma may very well be the show at its most controversial, and in general its most awesome.


    Thailand NB
    4. Survivor: Thailand.
    No shit, Sherlock...
    Yet another despised season among the casuals, Thailand often has a special place within the hearts of super fans. The first real 'cult' season to exist, Thailand involved one of the more subtle and yet one of the greatest twists in history: the fake merge. It exposed who was interested in flipping and who had loyalty. This, of course, shot Shii Ann in the foot. ;-;
    Of course, you can't forget about the cast members. Brian, while slightly emotionless, is considered one of the greatest winners ever. Clay and Helen are two of the most underrated comics in the show's history, and it sucks that neither came back for All Stars. While the Grindgate incident and the highly predictable pagonging knocked it out of the top 3, it still remains a personal favorite. And lets not forget the ATTACK ZONE.


    Amazon NB
    5. Survivor: The Amazon.
    Nananana, nananana, hey hey heyyyy, goodbye!
    Amazon was the first season to have a general theme: battle of the sexes. Did it work? From my point of view, yes. We got a great season that proved it didn't rely on gender stereotypes. It also proved to have some incredibly funny and awkward moments, and was the second season in which peanut butter turned out to be the 17th player.
    Above all, however, is the fact that Amazon abolished the art of pagonging. Rob C. proved to be a master strategist, inventing the flipping technique that eliminated people from different sides and tribes one by one. He and the rest of the cast (Butch, Matt, Heidi, Christy) pushes this season into the top 5.


    Marquesas NB
    6. Survivor: Marquesas.
    I knew that rock felt purple!
    Marquesas is a unique one, that's for sure. Back when Boston Rob wasn't the spokesman of Survivor and the idea of a tribe failing at everything was new ground. What really represents this season, however, is the first ever true totem pole shift. Rotu 4 could have very well taken the season over, but BOOM nope. That alone put it in the top ten.
    What's undeniable is that this season once again had a pretty incredible cast. While Vecepia is somewhat forgotten among all winners, there were players like Kathy, Paschal, Sean, the Rotu 4 and of course the prototype Boston Rob. That and the greatest reward ever put this in the top 10.


    Philippines NB
    7. Survivor: Philippines.
    That we could... have cookies?
    The only modern season to crack the top 10, Philippines is here mainly for the cast. Not since China had their been such an incredible cast, with all of the newbies except one or two bringing something and the returnees not killing the season like in RI/SP. We had our heroes, like Malcolm and Denise, and our villains, like Abi-Maria and Pete.
    Philippines also sits here because of how important it was: the previous 4 seasons had all been panned by critics, casuals and super-fans alike and Philippines single-handedly put the show back in good graces. Things were pretty shitty but it's all good now, and we have this season to thank.


    Survivor Heroes vs. Villains Logo 2
    8. Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains.
    We have ripe bananas all the time!
    Probably the most well-loved season in the show's history, Heroes vs Villains is as good as a returnee season gets. Big names, big moves, big moments. What this season also has that Cambodia fails to bring are funny moments and decent editing. However, it's generally agreed that this season also had too much Russell, which did little to kill the enjoyment like it did it Samoa.
    Heroes vs Villains was the last good season for a while and many still think of it as the greatest. While it's down at number 8 on my list, I still respect it a lot.


    Survivor Micronesia
    9. Survivor: Micronesia.
    It has a face on it, don't worry.
    A lot of people are paranoid about Kaoh Rong due to the seemingly endless medical emergencies. My answer to that, of course, is this season. Micronesia had two evacuations and a quit, and would have had a third had Chet not asked to be voted off. Despite this, Micronesia has consistently been called one of the greatest seasons in the history of the show.
    While the Favorites obviously were the main spectacle of the season, a lot of people seem to forget that the Fans brought much of the entertainment, especially the likes of Erik and Siska the god. That, and the incredible strategy put this season in the top 10.


    Guatemala NB
    10. Survivor: Guatemala.
    The other problem with Judd is that he has a problem with recall.
    Ahh, Guatemala. Yet another underrated season, this season is unique in that it is one of two seasons to never have a single unique returnee. Which sucks, considering that a majority of the 16 new players kicked ass.
    This season is also important in that the Hidden Immunity Idol was first introduced, although the mechanics were virtually that of an Immunity Necklace. While some of the pre-merge players failed to make an impact, this season is still incredible and the last of the top 10 seasons.


    11-20 are also virtually interchangeable.


    Tocantins NB
    11. Survivor: Tocantins.
    Who is this jackass?
    Tocantins has the best episode of all time. Coach's Exile is the absolute funniest episode in the history of the show, the editors hit all of the right notes and it solidified Benjamin Coach Wade as the greatest contestant of all time.
    Despite this, Tocantins barely falls short of a top 10 position. While the characters were awesome and we got the first ever cross-tribal alliance, it only just falls short of the no. 10 spot. But that's okay, because this season is still awesome.


    Africa NB
    12. Survivor: Africa.
    He's a Jew, he won't eat the ham!
    While Africa had a good reputation in the present, in the past it was considered the disappointing season (until Thailand came along, that is). It should be said that Africa was arguably the most brutal season ever, as dehydration and dysentery roamed free. RIP Lex.
    With that in mind, this season had one of the best casts ever: Ethan, Lex, Big Tom, T-Bird, Silas... the list goes on and on. With an amazing cast, dangerous location and hilarious moments, Africa is deserving of the no. 12 spot.


    Survivor Panama Logo
    13. Survivor: Panama (aka Exile Island).
    I'll drive up and I'll kill you in your shitty little apartment.
    Panama changed the game. While Guatemala gave us the Hidden Immunity Necklace, this season gave us the now cast-off Tyler Perry Idol. Was it unfair at the time? Of course, but that doesn't really affect the season. Sure Terry was invincible, but it's not like he needed it anyways.
    With all this in mind, most of the cast was incredible. Casaya especially brought the most dysfunctional tribe in history, and yet somehow managed to win almost everything. I will go to my grave saying that Shane was robbed of Second Chance. This was a great season, just not amazing, however.


    Survivor Cagayan Logo
    14. Survivor: Cagayan.
    BLALAGHAHGLALA
    What's funny is that if I was writing this two years ago, this would be an instant no. 4 at least. But overtime, the enigma fades and you realise that Cagayan may have been good, but it wasn't the best.
    That's not to say it wasn't epic, though. The cast is still the best in recent memory, with ALL 18 PEOPLE actually managing to put a dent into us. With all this in mind, many agree the gameplay in this season was massively dodgy, and with the epic return of the now unfair Tyler Perry Idol, this season falls ten places down in two years. Bummer.


    BvW Logo
    15. Survivor: Blood vs. Water.
    Fuck you, Brad Culpepper!
    Survivor proved it could flip the script 27 seasons in with this season. The idea of couples and loved ones playing added a bit of drama to the game and single-handedly redeemed Redemption Island.
    However, and I'll get killed for saying this... I dislike the idea of Blood vs. Water as a theme. I feel like it's the coupling of players into two players = one player, with the notable exception of Ciera. It definitely creates some relationship conflict. With that in mind, this season still rules, so it's 15. But don't get me started on the second coronation edit in a row.


    Gabon
    16. Survivor: Gabon.
    Eat yo rice.
    Gabon is a unique season; while I personally love it a lot, I just couldn't fit it above the others. I don't even know why, either, but I guess it was the cast. There were a couple more duds than I'm used to, especially in the pre-merge. Except Gillian, of course, she was amazing. <3
    With all that in mind, we got the oldest winner ever (and supposedly the perviest). We also had Randy, an undisputed god of comedy, as well as Crystal, Ken, Corrinne and Sugar. Again, it sucks that I need to put this so low, but I just couldn't fit it higher.


    SurvivorSanJuanDelSurLogo
    17. Survivor: San Juan del Sur.
    Stick to the plan!
    As depressing as this is, I don't remember much from this season other than Keith. That's not to say this season sucked, but following Cagayan isn't an easy feat. While I'm still not the biggest fan of BvW, I remember good things though, and that's what keeps it in the upper half.
    In all seriousness, did anyone REALLY expect one of the Twinnies to win? I surely didn't, which made an incredible change of pace. Other than that, the fact that I don't remember much pushes it down to 16.


    Vanuatu NB
    18. Survivor: Vanuatu.
    I think both of you have a leg up on me.
    Vanuatu is another oddball. While Chris' last stand is incredible and can be considered one of the best wins in history, it's hard to deny that this season also had quite a few duds in the cast. Be honest, do you remember Mia Galeotalanza?
    With that said, there were some incredible cast members, namely Eliza, Ami, Chad and Julie. While Battle of the Seasons wasn't as memorable the second time around, I still find plenty of enjoyment in it and really, this season is just as interchangeable as the rest. Hell, you could trade this with Panama and it would probably still reflect my taste.


    Palau NB
    19. Survivor: Palau.
    We can't get a female alliance together, because Caryn sucks.
    Goddamnit Palau. I used to LOVE you so very much. Hell, you were in the top 10 at one point. But all that dazzle in the cast couldn't keep the predictability hidden. Producers had every chance to use a tribe switch so that Ulong didn't have to die, but they failed in doing so. That, to me, split the game into two halves: the Ulong merged tribe, and the Koror merged tribe.
    Don't get me wrong, this was a pretty cool cast. But there was definitely something pretty predictable about it. With that said, it gave us our savior: Willard.


    Australianoutback
    20. Survivor: The Australian Outback.
    I ain't no Hershey bar!
    Australia, for some reason, ends up this low. It's common for a lot of people to call this season the best of the old school seasons, something I personally disagree with. The pre-merge, undoubtedly, however, is awesome. It also had the first evacuation in the show, which while tragic was enthralling to watch.
    The post-merge, on the other hand, threw away a lot of that momentum. There wasn't much prevalent strategy, and while I've never been one for strategy all the time, it did kind of flip the season a bit. I still like this season though, so it avoids the bottom 10.


    Be warned: this is where I start getting negative. And I'm pretty sure a lot of you are pissed that a certain season ended up down here.


    Survivor31logo
    21. Survivor: Cambodia.
    Hey, at least you made the jury!
    This season had SO much potential. A lot of us expected the casuals to pick some horrendous picks and yet we managed to receive this awesome cast. Did the season actually deliver that potential? Hell no.
    Let's start with the sucky editing. What pissed me off the most is that not only did certain people get the focus, but it were the wrong people. Jeff Varner got the winner's edit for the first four episodes... until he got voted out in 16th place. Nice job building him up, guys, because you cost us an array of screentime for others. Then there's Spencer, who got the winner's edit in the last few episodes only to get raped at the FTC. No wonder the casuals are crying foul.
    And one more thing: does anyone really buy the whole voting-bloc stuff? There were clearly some core alliances there; Jeremy, Spencer and Tasha were one, for example. Then there were the numerous pre-merge alliances, as well as the Witche's Cove. I get that flipping was a theme, but that doesn't evolve the game.
    With that said, Cambodia did have a strategically layered game and some admittedly good moments, so it only barely scrapes into my middle tier. But it had the potential to be right up to the top.
    Overall, it was a disappointment. Sorry for this being long, I just had to rant.


    Survivor-logo 612x380
    22. Survivor: Worlds Apart.
    Yeah well, you're mom's a whore.
    All things put aside, this season started off really well. There were clear strategic moves and personality clashes, but at the same time, something felt very ominous about this season. I knew something dramatic would kind of bend it, especially after Lindsay attacked Mike's religion.
    Then the whole domestic violence shit started up. While I'm no longer a fan of Shirin after her antics in Cambodia, I did feel kinda bad for what happened. The whole post-merge left a bitter taste in my mouth, and that's why it's down here.


    Survivor26logo
    23. Survivor: Caramoan.
    Break her wrist!
    What's ironic is that this was the season that pulled me back into Survivor, and I loved it. But then I caught up with everything and I realized that this season has some big flaws. First off, Brandon came back. While he had insisted he changed, it was clear his previous season screwed him up mentally and nearly got Philip curb stomped in the process.
    Then there's the whole Brenda vs. Dawn bullshit. I think we've all gone through enough of listening to people say Brenda was a "goddess" and that Dawn was Satan for pulling that move off. Survivor is Survivor, guys. While the coronation edit of Cochran was annoying, it still wasn't a truly bad season. It had some good moves and good funny moments, so it's not at the bottom.


    Samoa NB
    24. Survivor: Samoa.
    No, makin' love's my sport.
    Samoa broke a record: it was the only season to have only one contestant! In all seriousness, Russell broke this season by dominating the edit, robbing even some of the most important players (i.e Brett) of the confessionals needed to build them up. That's disappointing too, considering that had the edit been even Samoa would have had the greatest cast of the middle seasons. So much for my dreams.


    Cook Islands NB
    25. Survivor: Cook Islands.
    Jonathan, getting frustrated by me!
    Cook Islands is the sort of season that shows its rust after rewatch. When I first saw this season, I loved it. I loved the characters, I loved the theme, I loved everything. But on rewatch, it just felt boring. Pre-merge? Excellent. Cao Boi also invented the move that counters idols. But there were little funny moments (with the exception of Billy) and it all just felt kind of bland.


    One World NB
    26. Survivor: One World.
    We have a quantum entanglement.
    One World squandered its twist. Think about it; somebody could have made a cross tribal alliance and controlled the game. Instead it just lead to argument. A lot of the cast weren't there to play, and some of them (*cough* Alicia *cough*) made comments that went too far.
    While Kim was one of the show's best winners, it was a predictable end to the season. It's considered a disappointment by many, including me, although it does have a cult following. Sadly, it falls down here.


    Survivor-Nicaragua-Logo
    27. Survivor: Nicaragua.
    Sorry about your shoes.
    Old vs. Young was a mistake from the beginning. While it did give a refreshing change of pace casting-wise, it also predictably led to the elder tribe getting their asses kicked. The Medallion of Power was a joke with no discernible use, and proved to be utterly useless. While the cast was better than the newbie seasons below this, the double quit and everything previously mentioned shoves it down here.


    All-Stars no background
    28. Survivor: All-Stars.
    I wish it had been his mother. Or... uh... mah neighbor's sister.
    The worst of the old-school seasons, All-Stars was the original game-bot season. I don't think a single person other than Richard came there to have fun and it just felt... grim as a result. I'm never going to be a fan of negative seasons, and this was no different.


    S23 Logo
    29. Survivor: South Pacific.
    I flipped.
    South Pacific is the only season that made me uncomfortable. While the whole religion thing had already left a bitter taste, what sunk this season was Brandon. He wasn't emotionally mature enough for a game like this and that was just proven by his unpredictability. He felt exploited at some points, tbh. With that said, this season had a better cast than the last entry on the list, so it managed to not be last. Barely.


    Redemptionisland
    30. Survivor: Free Giveaway to Boston Rob.
    No fuck that this season doesn't get a quote.
    Fuck this season. No, seriously, fuck this season. It was all just a scam for Boston Rob to finally win, and destroyed his legacy among many fans in the process. Attempting to even REMEMBER half the cast is a chore (seriously, do any of you really remember Kristina Kell?), and the ones we DO remember make us want to gouge our eyes out. A boring cast, a panned twist, a predictable storyline... this season truly was abhorrent.


    Survivor kaoh rong logo
    Survivor: Kaôh Rōng
    So where do I think this season will end up? Well, the preview was slightly alarming, of course. Having said that, it almost guarantees some more camp-life, which means LESS GAMEBOTTING! :D I have high hopes, and along with the fact that I've seen all 18 members of the awesome cast, I predict this season will be a top 10, maybe even top 5. I may be proven wrong though.


    So that's my list. Do you guys agree or disagree? Leave comments below.

      Loading editor
    • South Pacific <<<<<<< Redemption Island

        Loading editor
    • Also, as undeservedly hated as Thailand is, it isn't Top 4 material...

        Loading editor
    • I'm actually really interested in South Pacific. I want to buy it. Like everyone says it's pathetic but it has two good returnees, and seemingly good gameplay. I'd really like to watch it. Honestly the only season I wouldn't watch is One World because, from what I've seen, it has the most awful cast.

      FYI, I stopped watching during RI because I hated it. I didn't watch again until Worlds Apart. I'm getting Philippines when it comes out though.

        Loading editor
    • 1. Guatemala
      2. Gabon
      3. Marquesas
      4. Vanuatu
      5. Micronesia
      6. San Juan del Sur
      7. Cagayan
      8. China
      9. Heroes vs Villains
      10. Panama
      11. Pearl Islands
      12. Philippines
      13. Cambodia
      14. Blood vs Water 15. Tocantins
      16. Samoa
      17. Fiji
      18. Worlds Apart
      19. Caramoan
      20. Cook Islands
      21. The Australian Outback
      23. Borneo°°
      24. The Amazon
      25. One World
      26. Thailand
      27. All-Stars
      28. Africa
      29. Palau
      30. South Pacific
      31. Redemption Island

      °°I agree that Borneo shouldn't be compared to the other seasons, but if I would, it would be 23/31.

      I don't see how Jeff's edit in Cambodia was a bad thing. He was the main player pre-merge, and his edit was so big that not even those who were spoiled believed he would be the 5th out, and it was a surprise for everyone, which is a good thing. It's not like everybody else were invisible because of it. Aside from Monica, every pre-merge player on Cambodia had good edits, even Vytas. The problem with the edit in Cambodia is Spencer's unnecessary over the top edit and the constant personal theme gave to Jeremy, that let clear that he was the winner since very early on.

        Loading editor
    • Even though I haven't watched a lot of seasons, out of the ones I've watched, Cambodia was one of my favorites.

        Loading editor
    • GoldfishGirl wrote:
      Even though I haven't watched a lot of seasons, out of the ones I've watched, Cambodia was one of my favorites.

      yasssss!

        Loading editor
    • The Best (my top 10):

      1) Micronesia

      2) Borneo

      3) Philippines

      4) Cambodia

      5) Pearl Islands

      6) Palau

      7) The Amazon

      8) Panama

      9) Cagayan

      10) China


      Good:

      11) San Juan del Sur

      12) Heroes vs. Villians

      13) Marquesas

      14) Outback

      15) Blood vs. Water

      16) All-Stars

      17) Africa

      18) Tocantins

      19) Guatemala


      Not the greatest, but were ok

      20) Cook Islands

      21) Gabon

      22) One World

      23) Samoa

      24) Fiji

      25) Vanuatu

      26) Worlds Apart


      The Worst:

      27) Redemption Island

      28) Nicaragua

      29) Thailand

      30) South Pacific

      31) Caramoan

        Loading editor
    • TribalChants wrote:
      The Worst:

      27) Redemption Island

      28) Nicaragua

      29) Thailand

      30) South Pacific

      31) Caramoan

      YES! Another person who hates SP more than RI, and another person who hates Caramoan! <3

        Loading editor
    • I decided to give rankings a go. I guess I won't be ranking Borneo as I would the other seasons tho. I mean watching virtually any season before Borneo before actually watching Borneo ruins its viewing experience.

      DISCLAIMER: I am an awful ranker lol. Most of my lists will be different from each other XP

      1. Cambodia (this is what I imagine viewing HvV without knowing almost the entire boot order beforehand lmao)
      2. Pearl Islands
      3. China
      4. Micronesia
      5. Fans VS Favourites
      6. Australia
      7. Blood vs Water (my first season <3)
      8. Cagayan
      9. Amazon
      10. Heroes VS Villains (spoilers diluted the experience lol)
      11. Panama
      12. Philippines
      13. Palau (Stephenie was a good hero; again, spoilers diluted the viewing pleasure)
      14. Tocantins (an okay season; not much that I remember besides Tyson and Coach being obnoxious, plus J.T+Stephen)
      15. Fiji (low expectations = good experience)
      16. Africa (the theme more than makes up for any shortcomings)
      17. Guatemala
      18. Nicaragua (same with Fiji)
      19. Cook Islands
      20. Vanuatu (I don't remember much from this season tbh)
      21. San Juan del Sur (Natalie winning makes up for its shortcomings)

      Meh.

      22. Worlds Apart (the negativity pretty much ruins the entire show)

      23. Gabon

      24. Samoa (pretty much the only reason I rooted for Russell is because he was in an underdog position. Foa Foa Four > Aitu Four imo)

      25. Thailand

      26. Redemption Island (honestly not awful, just boring)


      AWFUL 27. One World (yuck; Kim is overrated)

      28. Caramoan (no, just no)

      29. All-Stars (yuck. most of the people that can be rooted for drew the short stick)

      YUCK. South Pacific

      I would probably rank Borneo in the middle regions, probably around 15-17, btw.

        Loading editor
    • The Best

      1) Caramoan.

      2) Fiji.

      3) China. 

      4) San Juan Del Sur.

      5) Pearl Islands.

      The Great

      6) Redemption Island.

      7) Micronesia.

      8) Tocantins.

      9) Cambodia.

      10) Amazon.

      11) Worlds-Apart.

      The Good

      12) Australia.

      13) Cagayan.

      14) Africa.

      15) Heroes vs. Villains.

      The Average

      16) Philippines.

      17) Panama.

      18) Guatemala.

      The Okay

      19) All-Stars.

      20) Blood vs. Water.

      21) Borneo.

      22) Samoa.

      23) Nicaragua.

      24) Vanuatu.

      25) Palau.

      The Worst

      26) Marquesas. 

      27) Gabon.

      28) Thailand.

      29) South Pacific.

      30) One World.

      31) Cook Islands.

        Loading editor
    • ScorpioTheBadGuy wrote:

      6) Redemption Island






      How could anybody like Redemption Island? :O

        Loading editor
    • Tanglefrost wrote:
      ScorpioTheBadGuy wrote:

      6) Redemption Island

      How could anybody like Redemption Island? :O

      It's not that bad, it's just boring.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe, but number six.... (shudders violently)

        Loading editor
    • Tanglefrost wrote:
      Maybe, but number six.... (shudders violently)

      True - I would only rank RI 6th in a series with 8 seasons (assuming the other two are worse than RI).

        Loading editor
    • Here's my list for the seasons I've seen:

      1) Cambodia

      2) Panama

      3) Cook Islands

      4) Fiji

      5)World's Apart

      6) Borneo

      7) Africa

        Loading editor
    • Master Hydraffe wrote:

      TribalChants wrote:
      The Worst:

      27) Redemption Island

      28) Nicaragua

      29) Thailand

      30) South Pacific

      31) Caramoan

      YES! Another person who hates SP more than RI, and another person who hates Caramoan! <3

      Yes, it's true, I do hate South Pacific more than Redemption Island. Reasons I hate it more is because:


      -Ozzy vs. Coach were completely random returnees. There was no storyline between the two nor have they competed together in a pervious season.

      -Most of the cast (new players) were unlikeable and unmemorable. The only ones I liked were Christine and Dawn (yes, I liked Dawn in this season).

      -Sophie winning over Coach. I was never a Coach fan, but he DID play a better game than she did and she wrongfully gets rewarded over him.


      Redemption Island in my books is just a bit better because it had at least a few (new) memorable players.

      As for Caramoan which is the worst ever, lots of things were wrong with that season, but I am not going to get into that because it's not worth mentioning everything.

        Loading editor
    • Thailand, an underrated season, Finally! Someone who actually agrees with me on that!

        Loading editor
    • I hate that borneo is low in some of these. The footage was so raw and authentic which made me love it! especially the final tribal council which was iconic thanks to Susan. i think it deserves top 10 without a doubt. 

        Loading editor
    • Queen Abi wrote: I hate that borneo is low in some of these. The footage was so raw and authentic which made me love it! especially the final tribal council which was iconic thanks to Susan. i think it deserves top 10 without a doubt. 

      I 100% agree with you... Borneo is underrated. It is my 2nd most favorite season right behind Micronesia.

        Loading editor
    • Queen Abi wrote:
      I hate that borneo is low in some of these. The footage was so raw and authentic which made me love it! especially the final tribal council which was iconic thanks to Susan. i think it deserves top 10 without a doubt. 

      That's it - the fact that it's "raw and authentic" with minimal editing makes it extremely different from the later seasons. To compare it with the others would be unfair, but to call it an amazing season when it's been so outdated would also be unfair. 

        Loading editor
    • Master Hydraffe wrote:

      Queen Abi wrote:
      I hate that borneo is low in some of these. The footage was so raw and authentic which made me love it! especially the final tribal council which was iconic thanks to Susan. i think it deserves top 10 without a doubt. 

      That's it - the fact that it's "raw and authentic" with minimal editing makes it extremely different from the later seasons. To compare it with the others would be unfair, but to call it an amazing season when it's been so outdated would also be unfair. 

      Why is it unfair to compare it to other seasons? I don't get it. Yes, it's different from other seasons, but it's still a Survivor season regardless and should be ranked IMO.

        Loading editor
    • TribalChants wrote:

      Master Hydraffe wrote:

      Queen Abi wrote:
      I hate that borneo is low in some of these. The footage was so raw and authentic which made me love it! especially the final tribal council which was iconic thanks to Susan. i think it deserves top 10 without a doubt. 
      That's it - the fact that it's "raw and authentic" with minimal editing makes it extremely different from the later seasons. To compare it with the others would be unfair, but to call it an amazing season when it's been so outdated would also be unfair. 
      Why is it unfair to compare it to other seasons? I don't get it. Yes, it's different from other seasons, but it's still a Survivor season regardless and should be ranked IMO.

      Let me correct myself - To compare it in the exact same way as the others would be unfair.

        Loading editor
    • I've finished China so I'm changing mine

      1) China

      2) Cambodia

      3) Cook Islands

      4) Panama

      5) Fiji

      6) Worlds Apart

      7) Borneo

      8) Africa

      Currently Watching Micronesia

        Loading editor
    • Master Hydraffe wrote:

      TribalChants wrote:

      Master Hydraffe wrote:

      Queen Abi wrote:
      I hate that borneo is low in some of these. The footage was so raw and authentic which made me love it! especially the final tribal council which was iconic thanks to Susan. i think it deserves top 10 without a doubt. 
      That's it - the fact that it's "raw and authentic" with minimal editing makes it extremely different from the later seasons. To compare it with the others would be unfair, but to call it an amazing season when it's been so outdated would also be unfair. 
      Why is it unfair to compare it to other seasons? I don't get it. Yes, it's different from other seasons, but it's still a Survivor season regardless and should be ranked IMO.

      Let me correct myself - To compare it in the exact same way as the others would be unfair.

      I'm not going to argue with you anymore then. Your opinion if you think Borneo doesn't deserve to be ranked.

        Loading editor
    • Hmm ok well I have to say that Cambodia is by far my favourite season!!!

      1. Cambodia

      2. China (One of the best casts ever! Courtney, Amanda, Todd, Sherea, James, Erik and most importantly PEIH-GEE!!!)

      3. Gabon (Another one of the best casts EVER (and sorely underrated) Matty, Crystal, Marcus, Charlie, Bob, Paloma, Susie and most importantly SUGAR!!)

      4. Heroes vs Villains (Sandra all the way)

      5. Cagayan (SPENCER!!! Tasha, Morgan, LJ, Kass, Brice! amazing cast again!)

      6. Micronesia (#Ciriewasrobbed, and she basically came up with all of the black widdow alliance's best plans (Also Amanda playing that idol is one of the greatest moments in Survivor history))

      7. Philippines (Honestly, amazing cast, Malcolm, Denise i don't think i need to list them here you know they're amazing)

      8. San Juan Del Sur (honestly this cast may have been dumb but the ones that were good, were amazingly good! Jaclyn and Natalie are queens)

      9. The Australian Outback (Yass Tina)

      10. Borneo (Yass Kelly Wiggles)

      11. Caramoan (BRENDABRENDABRENDAMALCOLMEDDIEBRENDABRENDA)

      12. Marquesas (Vecepia is sooooo underrated, and so is Neleh, there's a reason Kathy didn't make it all the way, and it's because she was 3rd best AT best)

      13. Exile Island (The birth of Cirie!!!)

      14. Pearl Islands (Yass Sandra)

      15. Guatemala (A lot of people say this season ruined Stephenie...i liked her even more after she dropped the whole nice person acted #stepheniewasrobbed)

      16. Nicaragua (The birth of Brenda!)

      17. Blood vs Water I (Tina's daughter Katie was amazing, and YASS for Ciera)

      18. Tocantins (ironically in 18th place?)

      19. All-Stars (Shii-Ann should have won!!!)

      20. The Amazon (I just don't really care for it, still better than Worl'ds Apart)

      21. World's Apart (a season where the pre-merge was actually better than the post-merge because not all of the very few and far between likeable players were voted out yet)

      22. One-World (Alicia <<<<<< Kristina)

      23. Thailand (The birth of Shii-Ann, also the #robbing of Shii-Ann)

      24. Palau (I just don't care for it, and Tom's a little overrated)

      25. Vanuatu (pfftm Rory was the best)

      26. Africa (what was there to like other than T-Bird, Kim Powers and Ethan's hair, also Big Tom <<< Kelly Goldsmith and she SUCKED)

      27. Cook Islands (I hated Candice, but looking back, she was really actually my favourite other than Yul, but a good winner wasn't enough to keep this from being boring)

      28. Samoa (Russell <<<<<< Natalie White)

      29/30. South Pacific (Nup, never again, also Stacey Powell was the best thing that happened to this season)

      29/30. Redemption Island (Andrea only got good in Caramoan, but she got really good, just not as good as BRENDA)

      (haven't watched Fiji)

      A lot of people would probably disagree because most of the seasons i hear others don't like i actually love (Caramoan, Gabon, Marquesas, Nicaragua, San Jaun Del Sur) but still!!!

        Loading editor
    • In regards to the people surprised at me ranking Redemption Island in 6th, it's honestly because whilst I was watching it not only did I really enjoy it but I didn't let BR ruin the season for me. Sure, he irritated me, and had he been blindsided at around top 6 this season would probably be my second-favorite of all time, but I still find this season to be excellent, believe it or not. Although the winner and overall elimination-order could've used some tweaking, the season was very enjoyable. 

        Loading editor
    • @Scorpio, Boston Rob is basically the sole reason I don't like the season and it was just such a drag to watch everyone be so simple-minded and foolish as to not target him. I watched him play the most awful social game I've seen. I watched him segregate Ometepe and Zapatera. He made it absolutely clear they were going. I watched him blind the other guys. It was so frustratingly predictable. When he turned on his friends he didn't care. When he won the game he didn't even hug the finalists as is customary. The cast in general seems okay but Boston Rob puts such a downer on this season that I find it unbearable to watch. 

        Loading editor
    • Cambodia's editing was leagues above HVV

        Loading editor
    • @Tanglefrost, perhaps I'd find him worse on a rewatch but I thought he was an excellent player when I saw it the first time. 

        Loading editor
    • My "List"( I have not seen 100% of some of these seasons, but if have read the episode descriptions, seen clips, and listened to a number on people describe the seasons.)

      1: Survivor: Micronesia- This season really doesn't have many flaws. There are the amazing moments Back to Back to Back to Back blindsides, Kathy going insane, The amazing challenges, and the F-ing sticks. This season has a lot to wrong (quitters/medevacs , great people going early) but it hits every note. 

      2. Survivor China- A perfect transitional season from older playing style to the newer strategy, this seasons is easily the best newbie season ever. The editing is balanced so everyone has there time to shine,and you can love/ love to hate everyone on this cast. And James getting voted out with two idols is just priceless. And Todd is my favorite winner, period. His FTC performance was truly great.

      3. Survivor: Cambodia: I was truly worried this season would fail hard, but wow, was I wrong! This season always had constant action, From episode 1 through the finale. Since i mentioned the finale, let me say, that episode was superb. And the final 6 tribal, while maybe not the greatest tribal, the most exiting to watch tribal. ('Also, Jeremy won the game before the baby reveal)' The only thing i am upset with is the editing of Wiggles and Kimmi. Besides that, a swell season.

      4. Survivor: Pearl Islands: Pearl islands is a moment season. What i mean by this is this may be the season with the most memorable clips. Off the top of my head, She, Died dude, Rupert stealing shoes, I can get loud too what the F%&^, i think you get my point. The only thing holding this season back is the outcast twist. It really was an unfair way to re-enter the game, as they didn't really have to do much to have a chance to come back.(Even though after what a d#@$ savage was in Cambodia, it fun to see him get screwed by the twist his season)

      5. Survivor: Gabon: Although the game-play of this season wasn't the greatest,and Bob didn't do much as a winner, the Characters and the drama in this season just keep you hooked to keep going. Randy vs. Sugar and Crystal is a great fight that always is good entertainment. Wow, never thought someone could get so pissed over a cookie. And the visuals in the location are  breathtaking. He could see how someone couldn't like it, but i love it!

      Will post rest at a later time

        Loading editor
    • Pretty much agree with the majority about the best episodes. However, I think Nicaragua had the stupidest decisions ever, only rivalled by Stephen's incredible dumb moves in Redemption.

        Loading editor
    • Turbofrog 

      All hail to you sir! Finally, someone ranks Fiji high. It is such a good and very underrated season. It is diverse, it had great tribal councils, blindsides, great characters and many characters who deserve to come back but haven't. Also, who can forget the Dreamz vs. Yao Man negoation, which still rips my soul in half watching it today. We cant forget characters like Rocky, Alex A. (One of my favorites), Michelle, Earl, Dreamz, Yao, etc. Such a good and very underrated season! Good for you for rating it high! Definitely in my top five! 

        Loading editor
    • My favorite seasons: 

      1. Australia... First season I bought on DVD, has a special place in my heart and Colby will forever be one of my favorite Survivor contestants and personal heroes of all time (we don't talk about his Hv.V moments) 

      2. Cagayan. This cast had such a great varity of players and always kept me on my feet. Not to mention the introduction to my love of Spencer! And some of the great strategical characters like, Spencer, Tony, Tasha, Kass and some more interesting like, Morgan, Woo and Trish. Even early boots like Brice were great players.

      3. Nicaragua. A season for many rated so low, ( I do despise the medallion of power) I just love how Fabio dominated, Na'Onka went off on everyone, Marty was always strategic and Jane was pretty awesome. I think this season had a great cast, which made it in my top 3.

      4. Fiji. Such an underated season, but one of my favorites. Read my above comments, for more on Fiji.

      5. Gabon. I love this season mostly because of all the scheming and all of the unpredictability. It kept me on my toes.

      6. China. A great season, with witty remarks (thanks to Courtney and her dark humor) and a deserving winner and great final tribal council. I also loved the sassiness and attitudes of this season from many contenders. This was the Peih-Gee's prime (we don't speak of her Cambodia moments).

      7. Tocantins. I mainly liked this season because of Tyson. Who doesn't laugh at his jokes. It also introduced Coach and had great moments, strong alliances and Sierra although, being despised by much of her tribe, some how making it further than Tyson.

      8. Samoa. A special place in my heart, this was the season, where I first started watching survivor, this is where it grabbed my attention, I got hooked and went and watched every season of Survivor and have been an avid fan since. Watching it first, I loved Russell, but after his third time playing I got annoyed and tired of him, and rewatching Samoa, I started rooting for Brett, even though I knew he wasn't going to win. Brett should definitely return for a season. Also, I really didn't like Laura Morrett!

      9. Worlds Apart. Although, a recent season, I think I really liked it, because after the burden of watching SJDS, I had to appreciate how good this season was in comparison and getting into it, I loved how fractured the dynamics were and how personal the game got. It made it intriguing to watch.

      10. The Amazon. This was a great season, and while I didn't really like the whole emphasis on it being "girls and boys" and the we don't like you because you are young and pretty dynamics, I enjoyed how Rob C. basically controlled everyone and the game and was Robbed (no pun intended) of the winning crown. I don't like Jenna, and I think she (although, admirably winning) she is my least favorite winner. I loved the dynamics of this season and how everyone seemed to have a geniunly good time.  

      11. Heroes vs. Villains. Survivor picked the best cast of all returnees and provided me with a pleasurable, on my toes season of survivor, memorable for it being historic, epic and having been the only season with a double winner. Also, notable for dumb moves, i.e J.T giving the immunity idol to Russell.  

      12. Pearl Islands. This season had a lot of enthralling moments. I was on my feet. And also had some fractured dynamics. I hated the outcast twist, however which remains a huge reason why its not near the top. 

      13. Micronesia. A great season, would be ranked higher if it hadn't pained me to see Eric's dumb move. I have to fastforward everytime because a part of my heart breaks still watching it. Also (much love to Penner)! 

      14. Palau. Mostly because I love Ian, and wish he had won the whole season. I loved many elements of this season, but it did have some major moments where it lagged. 

      15. Blood Vs. Water. Tyson. Tyson. Tyson! !!! Need I say anymore (although, he lost his funny factor)

      17. Panama. Such a great season, with exile playing a huge factor in social dynamics and the constant domination of Terry, the unexpected greatness of Cirie and the crazy-but likable Shane, has a great deal to do with why I ranked it here. Some moments, got lost for me, however. 

      18. Borneo. The genesis of Survivor. Much respect, you have to appreciate that if it wasn't for this season, it wouldnt be the phenomena that it is today. 

      19. Cook Islands. Although, controversial, I am an adament supporter of the twist and also believe that Yul is the godfather of Survivor. Such a likable Aitu alliance that is one of the best in history, dominated and showed that loyalty and determination also can take you far. 

      20. Koh Rong. Good season, but too many med-evacs to the point where it kind of ruined the essence of the season, and the "could haves" for me tremendously changed the game. Imagine if Caleb and Neal (aside from Joe) wern't medically evacuated, the game dynamics would differ immensly, I think. 

      21. Cambodia. Did not live up to it's potential. Good, but could've been so much better. 

      22. Thailand. Only, slightly better than All-Stars, wasn't a great season, but did have some good moments and Brian was very cunning, and had some very memorable and worthwhile moments. 

      23. All-Stars. Didn't really like the way it ended and it was anticipated, had some good moments but still lagged a lot. 

      24. Philippines. Good season. Malcolm was good, I didn't like the three tribes and appreciated Denise being the winner. Was a very "okay" season. 

      25. Vanuatu. Good dynamics, but somewhat forgettable. 

      26. Caramoan. Return of interesting players made it interesting, as well as their interactions with fans, wasn't my favorite (I do wish Shemar and Reynold) will return for a season. 

      27. Redemption Island. The only reason why it is not last is because of Phillip, he made things interesting and wasn't your typical final 2. The whole Boston Rob coming back was definitely a huge edit to make him win. Everyone pretty much handed Rob a million dollars. 

      28. South Pacific. My favorite part of this season was being introduced to Cochran who is my alltime favorite player! 

      29. One World. Good season, but I hated a lot of the women and how much they needed the "men" at the begining. I got annoyed most of the time and lost it when Troyzan went home. This season made me angry. 

      30. Africa. The location, I didn't like and the season lagged as well. 

      31. Guatemala. Long, lagging season. Interesting moments, but for the most part is was very slow and didn't really keep me on my feet. 

      32. San Juan Del Sur. Worst season for me. Most of the cast I did not like or enjoy. Nothing really memorable, except Reed's final jury speech which was epic. 

        Loading editor
    • Also this: https://survivoroz.com/2015/11/04/survivor-oz-top-10-top-10-reasons-fiji-needs-more-love/

      I am an avid supporter of showing why Survivor Fiji is such a great season! 

        Loading editor
    • Cellery108 wrote:
      My favorite seasons: 

      1. Australia... First season I bought on DVD, has a special place in my heart and Colby will forever be one of my favorite Survivor contestants and personal heroes of all time (we don't talk about his Hv.V moments) 

      2. Cagayan. This cast had such a great varity of players and always kept me on my feet. Not to mention the introduction to my love of Spencer! And some of the great strategical characters like, Spencer, Tony, Tasha, Kass and some more interesting like, Morgan, Woo and Trish. Even early boots like Brice were great players.

      3. Nicaragua. A season for many rated so low, ( I do despise the medallion of power) I just love how Fabio dominated, Na'Onka went off on everyone, Marty was always strategic and Jane was pretty awesome. I think this season had a great cast, which made it in my top 3.

      4. Fiji. Such an underated season, but one of my favorites. Read my above comments, for more on Fiji.

      5. Gabon. I love this season mostly because of all the scheming and all of the unpredictability. It kept me on my toes.

      6. China. A great season, with witty remarks (thanks to Courtney and her dark humor) and a deserving winner and great final tribal council. I also loved the sassiness and attitudes of this season from many contenders. This was the Peih-Gee's prime (we don't speak of her Cambodia moments).

      7. Tocantins. I mainly liked this season because of Tyson. Who doesn't laugh at his jokes. It also introduced Coach and had great moments, strong alliances and Sierra although, being despised by much of her tribe, some how making it further than Tyson.

      8. Samoa. A special place in my heart, this was the season, where I first started watching survivor, this is where it grabbed my attention, I got hooked and went and watched every season of Survivor and have been an avid fan since. Watching it first, I loved Russell, but after his third time playing I got annoyed and tired of him, and rewatching Samoa, I started rooting for Brett, even though I knew he wasn't going to win. Brett should definitely return for a season. Also, I really didn't like Laura Morrett!

      9. Worlds Apart. Although, a recent season, I think I really liked it, because after the burden of watching SJDS, I had to appreciate how good this season was in comparison and getting into it, I loved how fractured the dynamics were and how personal the game got. It made it intriguing to watch.

      10. The Amazon. This was a great season, and while I didn't really like the whole emphasis on it being "girls and boys" and the we don't like you because you are young and pretty dynamics, I enjoyed how Rob C. basically controlled everyone and the game and was Robbed (no pun intended) of the winning crown. I don't like Jenna, and I think she (although, admirably winning) she is my least favorite winner. I loved the dynamics of this season and how everyone seemed to have a geniunly good time.  

      11. Heroes vs. Villains. Survivor picked the best cast of all returnees and provided me with a pleasurable, on my toes season of survivor, memorable for it being historic, epic and having been the only season with a double winner. Also, notable for dumb moves, i.e J.T giving the immunity idol to Russell.  

      12. Pearl Islands. This season had a lot of enthralling moments. I was on my feet. And also had some fractured dynamics. I hated the outcast twist, however which remains a huge reason why its not near the top. 

      13. Micronesia. A great season, would be ranked higher if it hadn't pained me to see Eric's dumb move. I have to fastforward everytime because a part of my heart breaks still watching it. Also (much love to Penner)! 

      14. Palau. Mostly because I love Ian, and wish he had won the whole season. I loved many elements of this season, but it did have some major moments where it lagged. 

      15. Blood Vs. Water. Tyson. Tyson. Tyson! !!! Need I say anymore (although, he lost his funny factor)

      17. Panama. Such a great season, with exile playing a huge factor in social dynamics and the constant domination of Terry, the unexpected greatness of Cirie and the crazy-but likable Shane, has a great deal to do with why I ranked it here. Some moments, got lost for me, however. 

      18. Borneo. The genesis of Survivor. Much respect, you have to appreciate that if it wasn't for this season, it wouldnt be the phenomena that it is today. 

      19. Cook Islands. Although, controversial, I am an adament supporter of the twist and also believe that Yul is the godfather of Survivor. Such a likable Aitu alliance that is one of the best in history, dominated and showed that loyalty and determination also can take you far. 

      20. Koh Rong. Good season, but too many med-evacs to the point where it kind of ruined the essence of the season, and the "could haves" for me tremendously changed the game. Imagine if Caleb and Neal (aside from Joe) wern't medically evacuated, the game dynamics would differ immensly, I think. 

      21. Cambodia. Did not live up to it's potential. Good, but could've been so much better. 

      22. Thailand. Only, slightly better than All-Stars, wasn't a great season, but did have some good moments and Brian was very cunning, and had some very memorable and worthwhile moments. 

      23. All-Stars. Didn't really like the way it ended and it was anticipated, had some good moments but still lagged a lot. 

      24. Philippines. Good season. Malcolm was good, I didn't like the three tribes and appreciated Denise being the winner. Was a very "okay" season. 

      25. Vanuatu. Good dynamics, but somewhat forgettable. 

      26. Caramoan. Return of interesting players made it interesting, as well as their interactions with fans, wasn't my favorite (I do wish Shemar and Reynold) will return for a season. 

      27. Redemption Island. The only reason why it is not last is because of Phillip, he made things interesting and wasn't your typical final 2. The whole Boston Rob coming back was definitely a huge edit to make him win. Everyone pretty much handed Rob a million dollars. 

      28. South Pacific. My favorite part of this season was being introduced to Cochran who is my alltime favorite player! 

      29. One World. Good season, but I hated a lot of the women and how much they needed the "men" at the begining. I got annoyed most of the time and lost it when Troyzan went home. This season made me angry. 

      30. Africa. The location, I didn't like and the season lagged as well. 

      31. Guatemala. Long, lagging season. Interesting moments, but for the most part is was very slow and didn't really keep me on my feet. 

      32. San Juan Del Sur. Worst season for me. Most of the cast I did not like or enjoy. Nothing really memorable, except Reed's final jury speech which was epic. 


      I completely disagree with those three!


      Australia is in my bottom 5. It has a boring cast, little to no strategic moves. Post-merge was good but not enough to save it. Colby annoyed me.

      Tocantins has one of the most predictable elimination orders I've seen. I can't remember half the cast and most of the half I can remember are bad. It's not a great season at all. Also in my bottom 5.

      Africa is amazing! I can't understand why it's in your bottom 3. It was the first season to truly focus on the survival aspect and the location was actually great. The cast was amazing and the tribe dynamics were exciting to watch, especially pre-swap Samburu. The tribe switch shook up the game so well and saved Teresa, who would go on to be one of the best strategists of the season. There was a lot of interesting strategy. I loved the pre-merge and I absolutely loved the post-merge, watching the trainwreck that was Lex and the trainwreck that was the Samburu tribe, It's number 5 in my season rankings!

        Loading editor
    • WTF HOW CAN YOU HAVE GABON AT 27??

        Loading editor
    • ^I know it's  a damn crime. 

        Loading editor
    • Tanglefrost wrote: WTF HOW CAN YOU HAVE GABON AT 27??

      Absolute mess of a season. Hardly anyone was likable and the strategy was absolutely terrible. We had only a few who were thinking about how to win the game and even less who were actually competent at the game. Most of the people there were either mugging for the camera, trying to get famous or just didn't care about winning at all. As you know, I value strategy over characters.

        Loading editor
    • Tanglefrost wrote:
      Cellery108 wrote:
      My favorite seasons: 

      I completely disagree with those three!


      Australia is in my bottom 5. It has a boring cast, little to no strategic moves. Post-merge was good but not enough to save it. Colby annoyed me.

      Tocantins has one of the most predictable elimination orders I've seen. I can't remember half the cast and most of the half I can remember are bad. It's not a great season at all. Also in my bottom 5.

      Africa is amazing! I can't understand why it's in your bottom 3. It was the first season to truly focus on the survival aspect and the location was actually great. The cast was amazing and the tribe dynamics were exciting to watch, especially pre-swap Samburu. The tribe switch shook up the game so well and saved Teresa, who would go on to be one of the best strategists of the season. There was a lot of interesting strategy. I loved the pre-merge and I absolutely loved the post-merge, watching the trainwreck that was Lex and the trainwreck that was the Samburu tribe, It's number 5 in my season rankings!


      The main reason why Australia is my favorite season is because it has a special place in my heart and after my first time watching survivor (mid-way through Samoa) I bought the dvd set of Australia and fell in love with the game itself. It may not be the BEST season in the aspects of game play, etc, but because it has a special place in my heart and it was when I truly fell in love with the game. 


      Also, note, just because something is last doesn't mean I hate it. I love every season of Survivor, but the season's near the end just in my opinion didn't measure up to some of my favorites. As much as SJDS, is probably my least favorite, I have rewatched the series twice already! And, I really do like Tocantins. It is interesting to see how different everyone's survivor seasons are and to talk about why we have such in our bottom, top, middle, etc.


        Loading editor
    • Zypker124 wrote:

      Tanglefrost wrote: WTF HOW CAN YOU HAVE GABON AT 27??

      Absolute mess of a season. Hardly anyone was likable and the strategy was absolutely terrible. We had only a few who were thinking about how to win the game and even less who were actually competent at the game. Most of the people there were either mugging for the camera, trying to get famous or just didn't care about winning at all. As you know, I value strategy over characters.

      I disagree with when you said that anyone was hardly likable, I think Gabon had one of the seasons (aside from, Cagayan) where there were many characters that I enjoyed to watch: I loved Matty, Ken, Crystal, Bob, Sugar and even the players who I didn't like so much were enjoyable to watch, like: Corrine, Randy, Ace. I think this season had a great variety of characters. 

        Loading editor
    • While I haven't been into Survivor for as long as some people here, I've seen enough seasons now that I feel like I can rank those that I've watched.

      1. Cagayan: The sheer number of twists and shifts and the fluid, ever-changing gameplay, combined with funny moments and compelling characters that were in equal measures lovable and loatheable makes this stand head and shoulders above the rest. There were so many legitimately strong players that, despite the victor's excellent (and almost cartoonishly devious) gameplay, this season genuinely felt up for grabs until right near the very end.

      2. Cook Islands: While the season's race gimmick was a bit iffy, the diverse cast was great, with likeable heroes, hateable villains, and enjoyable eccentrics. In general, people came to play, there were some memorable moments, and a strong and likeable winner who never quite seemed to be a shoe-in until the final votes were read.

      3. China: Headlined by an interesting and likeable (or at least amusing) cast, set in a cool location that was very well used, and featuring a lot of exciting and unpredictable gameplay, with some great moves and some terrible ones, this was a strong season, and it featured the single greatest FTC speech that I've ever seen.

      4. Palau: The cast was likeable, with some notable heroes, the challenges were interesting, the location was great, and there was just enough gameplay to keep a viewer invested. Even the unprecedented pre-merge situation was compelling in its own right. If things got a bit stale following the merge, it was due to the dominance of the eventual winner.

      5. Blood vs. Water: The end was a bit of a slog, especially with the number of missed opportunities, and parts were uncomfortable, but the season started strong, there were some great story arcs, and there was enough unpredictability and a likeable enough winner to make this a solid watch.

      6. Redemption Island: It seems as if a lot of people pan this season due to the dominance of the winner, which did make the latter stages fairly dull and predictable and the outcome all but a foregone conclusion. However, there were nonetheless some memorable characters and story arcs, and the tour de force performance by the winner made this average season more enjoyable than it had a right to be.

      7. Worlds Apart: The cast seemed strong at first, there were some decent shifts in the dynamics, and the way that the winner pulled it off through sheer force of will after a flip threw all plans out the window was compelling. However, there was just such negativity and so many genuinely unlikable players that it was hard to really enjoy the season.

      8. Micronesia: While the pre-merge and immediate post-merge portions were good, it became predictable (with one notable exception) thereafter, the victor being painfully obvious and emerging not as a result of consistent strategic brilliance so much as a Pagonging and the incredible gullibility of other players. It effectively became Redemption Island, just with the heroes or at least memorable/interesting characters removed. Most of the cast were either boring, obnoxious, or just plain unlikable.

        Loading editor
    • It'll be interesting to see where your rankings stand when you watch the other seasons. Also it's weird that it seems like you let Redemption Island off the hook a bit despite being more at fault for some of the flaws you pointed out about Micronesia. Redemption Island had the most obvious winner as soon as Russell left the game. In Micronesia, Ozzy, Cirie, Amanda, Parvati, and an outside chance of Natalie and Erik seemed like potential winners throughout the season. I'll post my list once HvHvH ends.

        Loading editor
    • Oh my god another Fiji fan <3

        Loading editor
    • Ivanornels wrote:
      It'll be interesting to see where your rankings stand when you watch the other seasons. Also it's weird that it seems like you let Redemption Island off the hook a bit despite being more at fault for some of the flaws you pointed out about Micronesia. Redemption Island had the most obvious winner as soon as Russell left the game. In Micronesia, Ozzy, Cirie, Amanda, Parvati, and an outside chance of Natalie and Erik seemed like potential winners throughout the season. I'll post my list once HvHvH ends.


      To my mind, both had their share of painfully gullible players who hadn't really come to play and were basically just fodder. Both also seemed really predictable from about two episodes after the merge until the end. Before that, RI's winner still seemed potentially vulnerable due to his obvious status as frontrunner and the actions of the player returning from Redemption Island. Early in the game, Ralph was a fun character and he and his alliance actually looked like a potential threat. In Micronesia's case, the editing made it pretty obvious starting just after the tribe swap that the two big physical threats among returning players wouldn't make it especially deep, which hinted pretty strongly at the eventual game-winning alliance. The winner played a somewhat low-key game early on and wasn't a dead giveaway until she made that second alliance, at which point, I knew the outcome. That big move at the second post-merge council completely locked things down. After that, the writing was really on the wall.

      With both seasons broadly similar to that point, the main difference, for me, was that at least RI had some memorable and interesting characters who stuck around towards the end of the season in one form or another (Phillip, Matt, Andrea), and they made the finishing stretch bearable, whereas anybody really worth rooting for was gone from Micronesia's cast at that point and it was mostly just textbook mean girls being textbook mean girls. I subjectively find that at times either boring or slightly repulsive.

      In terms of winners, RI's winner, while villainous, has at least always been kind of funny and charismatic, so I could deal with his preordained victory, while Micronesia's winner doesn't have much personality outside of being devious and manipulative.

        Loading editor
    • To each their own, but essentially what I got from that is I prefer Rob, Phillip, and Andrea over Parvati, Cirie, and Ozzy. ok.

        Loading editor
    • I should really update my list rip

        Loading editor
    • I personally found Marquesas to be extremely boring after BR left

        Loading editor
    • An Outcast
        Loading editor
Like this post
Unlike
See who liked this