|"This Isn't a 'We' Game"|
|Episode Number:||3/15 (370)|
|Original Release:||October 3, 2012|
|Viewership (in millions):||10.38|
|Previous:||"Don't Be Blinded by the Headlights"|
|Next:||"Create a Little Chaos"|
This Isn't a 'We' Game is the third episode of Survivor: Philippines.
Russell thinks Roxy was right about the showmance brewing between Malcolm and Angie, thinking it's a strong alliance to watch out for.
|“||If Denise decides to hitch her wagon to the young ones, then I'm dead.||”|
At Tandang, Abi-Maria is worried that she may be in trouble in the game because of her knee injury, so she is taking the day to relax and get better. RC keeps trying to convince Abi-Maria that she is safe and has nothing to worry about. The two get into an argument and RC walks away. RC heads right into the water with Michael and starts complaining about Abi-Maria. Meanwhile, Abi-Maria shares with Pete that she and RC have the Hidden Immunity Idol clue and she wants to find it before RC does.
Pete approaches Lisa and tells her that the tribe wants to get rid of her, so if she aligns with him and help him blindside Michael, he will protect her.
|“||I would prefer to get rid of RC, but Peter's the one that's calling it, so I need to lay low and go with him.||”|
At Kalabaw, Jeff notices that there is an emblem that was on top of the rice box that is now gone. The tribe thinks that Jonathan has a Hidden Immunity Idol and everyone's is angry about it.
|“||We might be able to pull a little blindside, where we can get Jonathan off with that idol in his pocket.||”|
At Matsing, Denise notices that Russell's raft is gone and Russell is shocked because he thought it was secured.
At the Immunity Challenge, the tribes have to dive in the water to retrieve puzzle wheels. The first tribe to finish the puzzle wins immunity and a massive fishing kit that includes a canoe. The second tribe to finish wins a smaller fishing kit and they also get immunity. The losers go to Tribal Council where somebody will be voted out of Survivor: Philippines.
The tribes start. Kalabaw is in the lead, and they have all their puzzle pieces out of the water and start working on their puzzle. Tandang have all their puzzle pieces and are battling out for first place against Kalabaw, but Kalabaw figured out their puzzle, and Tandang finished in second. Matsing, once again, will go to Tribal Council for the third straight time.
Angie is going to play against Russell's lack of drive during the challenge to turn Matsing against him and hopefully save her for another week.
At Kalabaw, Jonathan thinks Jeff is weary of him, so he approaches him and tells him that truth that he has the Immunity Idol. Jeff is happy he approached him, but he has to figure out what is best for him.
Meanwhile, at Tandang, Artis is disappointed that they didn't win first place and he is fed up with Michael, as he wants him out. Abi-Maria is still looking for that Immunity Idol and she finally finds it, she figures out that it is the emblem on top of the bag of rice.
Matsing is back at camp and Malcolm is upset with the "group of goons" that he is stuck with, and he thanks God for Denise. Angie couldn't even get the first puzzle piece that was the shortest dive and Russell who looks as strong as an ox, totally tanked at the challenge. Denise thinks it is a ridiculous choice to keep Angie, but she doesn't know if she can convince Malcolm to vote out Angie.
Malcolm is torn, he doesn't know who to vote out and is finding it tough to turn against Angie. At Tribal Council, Malcolm tells Jeff Probst that he is heartbroken about how poorly is team is performing. He goes on to say that Russell and Angie struggled during the challenge and one of them has to go home. Russell throws Angie under the buss and tells Jeff that she can't hold a candle to him, and he put his life on the line the last time he was in the game. Angie is upset and crying, and says she can't compete with Russell.
Jeff calls for the vote. Russell votes for Angie and vice versa. The votes are: Angie, Russell, Angie, Angie. Angie becomes the 3rd person voted out of Survivor: Philippines. Angie brings her torch to Jeff, who says: "The tribe has spoken" and extinguishes Angie's torch. Russell is thrilled that he gets another chance to redeem himself. Matsing goes back to camp.
Reward/ImmunityChallenge: Deep In Thought
On a floating platform, tribe members, one by one, must dive down and retrieve eight wheel-shaped puzzle pieces that are clipped underwater. Once all are collected, they must identify the mystery eight-letter word ("treasure"). First two tribes to finish wins reward and immunity.
Reward: Fishing gear for the two winning tribes, while the first placing tribe would get an additional prize in the form of a canoe.
Winners (according to finish): Kalabaw and Tandang
| Tribal Council 3:|
Angie (3 votes)
Denise, Malcolm, Russell
Russell (1 vote)
| VOTED OFF:|
|“||(voting for Angie) I'm sorry I made you cry. That's the way this game seems to be playing, and I have to play hard or go home.||”|
|“||(voting for Russell) One thing about me is I never give up.||”|
|“||You know, it sucks to be voted out this early in the game, but I hope that my tribe can go strong from here on out. I'm their biggest cheerleader, and just, you know, I just appreciate life so much more now. Like, in my life, I just appreciate how lucky I am and this just helped me realize how blessed I am to have the life that I have.||”|
Still in the Running
Behind the Scenes
- On Day 7 at Matsing, the tribe collects snails for breakfast. They forget to remove the shells, finding them hard to consume. Angie compares the experience to "chewing teeth."
- In a pre-Tribal Council confessional, Denise expresses that the tribe was a total mess at the challenge, with only her and Malcolm carrying the tribe, despite not being good swimmers. Denise states her intention to keep Russell over Angie.
- R.C. claims to be in control of the Tandang tribe, but states she starts to have doubts with Abi-Maria for being a loose cannon.
- Mike explains his mishap at the challenge. He admits that he acts without thinking for competition's sake. He explains that he observed Artis and Pete and how they dove down to the water, but ended up not copying what they did anyway, and took him a short while before realizing the mask had shattered upon impact with the water. At the end of his confessional, Michael states he feels bad about Matsing's losing streak, especially upon seeing Russell's dejected look after the challenge.
- In a confessional, after losing another Immunity Challenge, a visibly devastated Malcolm vents on Angie and Russell's poor performance. He chastises Angie for her ineptitude for swimming in deep water, and Russell for appearing defeated in the challenge. Malcolm calls his Survivor experience, "tragic," as he felt shortchanged after yearning to be on the show he watched and followed since he was 12. Despite his tribe's misfortunes, Malcolm says he will continue the fight.
|Survivor: Philippines Episodes|
"Survivor Smacked Me in the Chops" · "Don't Be Blinded by the Headlights" · "This Isn't a 'We' Game" · "Create a Little Chaos" · "Got My Swag Back" · "Down and Dirty" · "Not the Only Actor on This Island" · "Dead Man Walking" · "Little Miss Perfect" · "Whiners Are Wieners" · "Hell Hath Frozen Over" · "Shot into Smithereens" · "Gouge My Eyes Out" · "Million Dollar Question" · "Reunion"