Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"This Is Going to Hurt"|
An emotional Libertad tribe views messages from home.
|Episode Number:||14/15 (299)|
|Original Release:||December 15, 2010|
|Viewership (in millions):||12.32|
|Previous:||"Not Sure Where I Stand"|
|Next:||"What About Me?"|
This Is Going to Hurt is the penultimate episode of Survivor: Nicaragua.
Fabio won the Immunity Challenge, leaving Sash's plans for naught. Chase wanted Dan gone, but Fabio told him that Jane should be voted off. Chase, Sash, and Holly thought that this might be their last chance to eliminate Jane. Jane barged in, creating an awkward silence. When Sash broke the news confirming her impending elimination, an angry Jane poured a bucket of water onto the fire, saying "I started it, I'm putting it out!"
At Tribal Council, Jane suggested to Fabio and Dan to force a tie against the trio of Holly, Chase, and Sash, saying to vote Holly off since the other two had Hidden Immunity Idols and this was the last night they could be used. Fabio and Dan considered her proposition. But it fell through and a disappointed Jane was voted off in 5-0 vote (her vote against Sash didn't count, since Sash played his Hidden Immunity Idol).
Challenge: Poolin' Around
The castaways would run up a ramp and into a pool to retrieve two bags of letter puzzle pieces. Their loved ones would then use the pieces to solve a word puzzle. The first loved one to solve the puzzle would win.
Reward: A trip on a sailboat along the Nicaraguan coast with food and drinks with the winning castaway's loved one.
Winner: Chase Rice (shared with Holly Hoffman and Sash Lenahan)
|Reward Challenge: Poolin' Around|
Dan, Fabio, Holly, Jane, & Sash
Challenge: Coat Of Arms
Blindfolded and connected to a rope, the castaways would go over and under three hitching posts to a station where there would be a shield with various symbols on it. Using only their sense of touch, the castaways would memorize the symbols and take the bags of the symbols back to the start line. There, the castaways would have to replicate the symbols from the shield on to a second shield. The first castaway to have all the correct symbols would win.
Winner: Fabio Birza
|Immunity Challenge: Coat of Arms|
Chase, Dan, Holly, Jane, & Sash
| Tribal Council 14:|
Jane (5 votes)
Chase, Dan, Fabio, Holly, & Sash
(used Hidden Immunity Idol)
(vote not counted)
(used Hidden Immunity Idol)
| VOTED OFF:|
In the aired episode, voting confessionals were not shown. Dan did not say anything when he voted. Complete confessionals retrieved from CBS' YouTube account.
|“||(voting for Jane) We should have listened to Marty a long time ago.||”|
|“||(voting for Sash) You can lie all you want to.||”|
|“||(voting for Jane) You're a classy Southern lady, but what you pulled at camp today, and at Tribal, is utterly disgusting.||”|
|“||(voting for Jane) Love ya, Jane. You know I wish this wouldn't have happened. Gotta keep myself further in the game, though.||”|
|“||(voting for Jane) You've had a great run, but it's your time to go, and pouring the water on the fire at camp was not cool.||”|
|“||You find out really fast what people's true colors are out here. Sash is a big-ass liar. Holly, I lost total respect for her. And there Chase, you know, my buddy in crime, I'm just very disappointed in 'cause he always promised to take me to the end. I can't believe Chase deciding to turn on me, but that's Survivor.||”|
Still in the Running
- This the third time in both the show's history and this season that an episode covered more than three days, the first two being "Company Will Be Arriving Soon" and "Not Sure Where I Stand".
- This is the second time that there are at least two Hidden Immunity Idols played in a single Tribal Council, following "Going Down in Flames" in Heroes vs. Villains.
- There have been rumors that Jane's abrupt elimination and inexplicable ire towards Sash rooted from a conversation that Jane would not disclose. Survivor spoiler Missyae revealed that Sash allegedly bribed Jane of paying her ranch's mortgage, in exchange for Jane persuading the jury members to vote for him. Should this information be confirmed true, this will be directly violating the Survivor Rulebook (conspiring by splitting winnings might cause disqualification from the game). After the alleged conversation, the producers stopped filming them and intervened to resolve the situation.
- This is the second episode in a row where Chase had to decide which players to bring on reward with him.
- It's also the second time in a row where Chase chose Holly to go on reward with him.
- The Immunity Challenge was previously used on "The Good Guys Should Win in the End" in Survivor: Gabon.
- The episode title is said by Chase Rice after winning the Family Reward Challenge. Chase won the challenge which would grant him time with his loved one while enjoying food on a boat ride. Jeff Probst told Chase to choose another castaway and their loved one and he chose Sash and his mother. Probst asked once again to pick another castaway and he said that he knew that his decision was going to hurt someone's feelings and this is where the title came from. Chase chose Holly after promising Fabio to take him if he won.
|Survivor: Nicaragua Episodes|
"Young at Heart" · "Fatigue Makes Cowards of Us All" · "Glitter in Their Eyes" · "Pulling the Trigger" · "Turf Wars" · "Worst Case Scenario" · "What Goes Around, Comes Around" · "Company Will Be Arriving Soon" · "Running the Camp" · "Stuck in the Middle" · "We Did It Guys" · "You Started, You're Finishing" · "Not Sure Where I Stand" · "This Is Going to Hurt" · "What About Me?"