|"This Game Respects Big Moves"|
|Episode Number:||8/15 (329)|
|Original Release:||April 6, 2011|
|Viewership (in millions):||10.94|
|Previous:||"It Don't Take a Smart One"|
|Next:||"The Buddy System"|
This Game Respects Big Moves is the eighth episode of Survivor: Redemption Island.
Challenge: Chimney Sweep
The two castaways would brace themselves with their arms between two walls while standing barefoot on two foot pegs. Every 15 minutes, the castaways would move down to smaller foot pegs. When the castaways reached the third set of foot pegs, they would try to remain on them as long as they could. The last castaway to remain on their pegs would win.
Winner: Matthew Elrod
Challenge: Roller Ball
Each castaway would have to stand on a small wooden log while balancing a ball on a wooden disk. At regular intervals, a ball would be added until the castaway would be balancing three balls. Should any of the balls fall off the disk or if they step off the log, the castaway would be out of the challenge. The last castaway to not drop a ball or step off the log would win.
Winner: Natalie Tenerelli
| Redemption Island|
| RETURNS TO GAME:|
Still in the Running
- This episode marks the first time Phillip attends Tribal Council and does not receive any votes against him.
- Despite being Andrea's fourth Tribal Council, this is the first in which she doesn't vote for Kristina Kell.
- It would be impossible to do so, however, since Kristina had been eliminated from the game at that point.
- This marks the first time there was a merge at Redemption Island.
- This episode's duel is the same challenge used in "It's a Turtle?!", "The Martyr Approach" and "Survivor History".
- Matthew becomes the first person to be voted out twice in a single season since Burton Roberts in Survivor: Pearl Islands.
- The episode title is said by Matthew when speaking to Andrea about blindsiding Rob Mariano and taking control of the game.
|Survivor: Redemption Island Episodes|
"You're Looking at the New Leader of Your Tribe" · "You Own My Vote" · "Keep Hope Alive" · "Don't You Work for Me?" · "We Hate Our Tribe" · "Their Red-Headed Stepchild" · "It Don't Take a Smart One" · "This Game Respects Big Moves" · "The Buddy System" · "Rice Wars" · "A Mystery Package" · "You Mangled My Nets" · "Too Close for Comfort" · "Seems Like a No Brainer" · "Reunion"