|"There's Gonna Be Hell to Pay"|
|Hope Driskill, Reynold Toepfer, and Michael Snow at Gota.|
|Episode Number||3/14 (360)|
|First Broadcast||February 27, 2013|
|Next||“Kill or Be Killed”|
There's Gonna Be Hell to Pay is the third episode of Survivor: Caramoan.
At Tribal Council, the Gota Alliance plans to split the vote 3-3 to avoid any Hidden Immunity Idols being played by the Cool Kids Alliance. The first vote is a 3-3-3 vote and no Idols are played. On the revote, Hope is voted out over Eddie because of Eddie's strength in challenges.
Challenge: Cell Block Sea
Tribes have to race out to a bamboo cage. In the cage underwater is a heavy chest. They have to release the chest and take it back to shore. Once they are on shore, they will have to move the chest along a track and onto a platform by using grappling hooks. The first tribe to do so wins.
Reward: Tribal Immunity, two chairs, blankets, and a tarp.
|Reward/Immunity Challenge: Cell Block Sea|
Andrea, Brandon, Brenda, Cochran, Corinne, Dawn, Erik, Malcolm, & Phillip
Eddie, Hope, Julia, Laura, Matt, Michael, Reynold, Shamar, & Sherri
Voting Confessionals (First Vote)
Shamar was shown writing Eddie's name down on the parchment.
|“||(voting for Shamar) Thanks for serving our country. Good luck.||”|
Voting Confessionals (Revote)
|“||You know, I'm really, really disappointed. I definitely think that, you know, I should've stayed out here longer. I thought I was a strong player, and I feel like I'm leaving before my time. But I will say that this has been an incredible, once in a lifetime experience, and I feel really grateful, you know, for had having the opportunity.||”|
Still in the Running
| || |
| || |
| || |
Behind the Scenes
- This is the second episode where there is a three-way tie at Tribal Council. The first was “Keep Hope Alive” in Survivor: Redemption Island.
- In a strange and ironic coincidence, the name of the castaway that was eliminated in this episode's Tribal Council is "Hope".
- Both episode titles were said by a Hantz.
- Both episodes were also the third episode of a season of Survivor that aired in the spring.
- This episode's title was said by Brandon Hantz in a confessional where he says that he'll do his hardest to win in every challenge, but if they come to him and want to vote him out, "there's gonna be hell to pay."
|Survivor: Caramoan Episodes|
“She Annoys Me Greatly” · “Honey Badger” · “There's Gonna Be Hell to Pay” · “Kill or Be Killed” · “Persona Non Grata” · “Operation Thunder Dome” · “Tubby Lunchbox” · “Blindside Time” · “Cut Off the Head of the Snake” · “Zipping Over the Cuckoo's Nest” · “Come Over to the Dark Side” · “The Beginning of the End” · “Don't Say Anything About My Mom” · “Last Push”