|"The Ultimate Shock"|
The final three battle it out for final immunity.
|Episode Number||14/14 (142)|
|First Broadcast||May 15, 2005|
|Viewership (in millions)|| 20.80 (finale)|
|Ratings/Share (18-49)|| 7.8/18 (finale)|
|Previous||“It Could All Backfire”|
|Next|| “Big Trek, Big Trouble, Big Surprise”|
The Ultimate Shock is the season finale of Survivor: Palau.
Immunity (Day 37)
Challenge: Tower Of Domination
Survivors must race along a tire crawl, then navigate through a series of vertical escape hatches to reach the top of a three-story tower. Once at the top of the tower, the Survivors must use grappling hooks to retrieve keys that unlock a hatch covering a flag, which they must raise. The first two players to finish would race down a flying fox into the ocean and retrieve a combination lock box containing another flag. After figuring out the box's combination, the Survivors must retrieve the flag and raise it. The first person to raise their final flag wins Immunity.
Winner: Tom Westman
|Immunity Challenge: Tower Of Domination|
Jenn & Katie
Immunity (Day 38)
Challenge: Bob-Bob Buoy
The Survivors must each grab onto a navigational buoy and hang on while the buoy sways from side to side. The last player left hanging on would win
Winner: Tom Westman
|Immunity Challenge: Bob-Bob Buoy|
|Time Elapsed||11 hr 55 mins||4 hr 51 mins|
Voting Confessionals (First Vote)
Voting Confessionals (Revote)
|“||I lasted 37 days but it didn't work out my way. I am a little disappointed in Katie. She had the chance to keep me around a little bit longer and she went against that so Katie, I don't know if you have my vote any longer.||”|
Since the challenge ended late at night, this Tribal Council was held at the challenge area itself.
| Tribal Council 16:|
Ian (1 vote)
| VOTED OFF:|
Since Tom's vote for Ian was cast verbally at the challenge, there were no voting confessionals.
Since the challenge ended late at night, and the Tribal Council was held at the challenge, Ian's final words were not produced.
Final Tribal Council
| Tribal Council 17:|
| Voted for|
Tom (6 votes)
Caryn, Gregg, Ian, Janu, Jenn, & Stephenie
Katie (1 vote)
| SOLE SURVIVOR:|
|“||(voting for Tom) Tom, I'm voting for you because I walked away with an incredible experience, and that was due to the fact that you chose me on that day when we chose tribes. So thank you, and good luck to you.||”|
|“||(voting for Katie) I asked for honesty tonight, and I got it... but it wasn't from you, Tom.||”|
| || || || || || || || |
| || |
| || || || || || || || || || |
- Wanda Shirk ended up singing a song before cutting to commercial.
- The Tribal Council at Day 37 marks the thousandth vote cast in Survivor.
- The fire starting challenge is the second of the season - a Survivor first.
- This is the first episode since “The Gods Are Angry” to have a revote end in a deadlock.
- The Challenge name Bob-Bob Buoy is a reference to "Bababooey" from the Howard Stern Show, which Jeff Probst was a fan of.
- The Final Immunity Challenge currently holds the record for longest challenge held in the history of the series, at 11 hours 55 minutes.
- Years later, Jeff Probst revealed that when the challenge continued at night, they tried to bring fire as lights, but the smoke distracted Tom, so they brought spotlights to continue shooting.
- This is the first time a vote was held outside Tribal Council, since it was too late at night to hold the actual visit to Tribal Council.
- With the impromptu Tribal Council, all jury members were absent.
- This episode revealed that Tribal Council is held at sundown.
- Tom became the tenth Sole Survivor.
- ↑ http://www.spottedratings.com/2011/12/spotvault-survivor-cbs-spring-2005.html
- ↑ Ross, Dalton (November 10, 2010). "'Survivor': Jeff Probst picks his favorite Tribal Council ever". Entertainment Weekly. http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/11/10/survivor-jeff-probst-best-tribal-council-ever/. Retrieved May 2, 2012.
|Survivor: Palau Episodes|
“This Has Never Happened Before!” · “Love Is in the Air, Rats Are Everywhere” · “Dangerous Creatures and Horrible Setbacks” · “Sumo at Sea” · “The Best and Worst Reward Ever” · “Jellyfish 'n Chips” · “The Great White Shark Hunter” · “Neanderthal Man” · “I Will Not Give Up” · “Exile Island” · “I'll Show You How Threatening I Am” · “We'll Make You Pay” · “It Could All Backfire” · “The Ultimate Shock”