|"The Ultimate Shock"|
Tom Westman, the winner of Survivor: Palau.
|Episode Number||14/14 (142)|
|First Broadcast||May 15, 2005|
|Previous||It Could All Backfire|
|Next|| Big Trek, Big Trouble, Big Surprise|
The Ultimate Shock is the season finale of Survivor: Palau.
Immunity (Day 37)Edit
Challenge: Tower Of Domination
Survivors must race along a tire crawl, then navigate through a series of vertical escape hatches to reach the top of a three-story tower. Once at the top of the tower, the Survivors must use grappling hooks to retrieve keys that unlock a hatch covering a flag, which they must raise. The first two players to finish would race down a flying fox into the ocean and retrieve a combination lock box containing another flag. After figuring out the box's combination, the Survivors must retrieve the flag and raise it. The first person to raise their final flag wins Immunity.
Winner: Tom Westman
Immunity (Day 38)Edit
Challenge: Bob-Bob Buoy
The Survivors must each grab onto a navigational buoy and hang on while the buoy sways from side to side. The last player left hanging on would win
Winner: Tom Westman
|“||I lasted 37 days but it didn't work out my way. I am a little disappointed in Katie. She had the chance to keep me around a little bit longer and she went against that so Katie, I don't know if you have my vote any longer.||”|
Since the challenge ended late at night, this Tribal Council was held at the challenge area itself.
| Tribal Council 16:|
Ian (1 vote)
| VOTED OFF:|
Since the challenge ended late at night, and the tribal council was held at the challenge, Ian's final words were not produced
Final Tribal CouncilEdit
| Tribal Council 17:|
| Voted for|
Tom (6 votes)
Caryn, Gregg, Ian, Janu, Jenn & Stephenie
Katie (1 vote)
| SOLE SURVIVOR:|
| || || || || || || || |
| || |
| || || || || || || || || || |
- The final Immunity Challenge currently holds the record for longest challenge held in the history of the series, at eleven hours 55 minutes.
- This is the first time a vote was held outside Tribal Council, since it was too late at night to hold the actual visit to Tribal Council.
- With the impromptu Tribal Council, all Jury members were absent.
- This episode revealed that Tribal Council is held at sundown.
- Years later, Jeff Probst revealed that when the challenge continued at night, they tried to bring fire as lights, but the smoke distracted Tom, so they brought spotlights to continue shooting.
- The fire starting challenge is the second of the season - a Survivor first.
- This is the first episode since I'd Never Do It to You to have a revote end in a tie.
- ↑ Ross, Dalton (November 10, 2010). "'Survivor': Jeff Probst picks his favorite Tribal Council ever". Entertainment Weekly. http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/11/10/survivor-jeff-probst-best-tribal-council-ever/. Retrieved May 2, 2012.