|"The Ultimate Sacrifice"|
|Episode Number:||12/15 (271)|
|Original Release:||May 7, 2009|
|Viewership (in millions):||11.99|
|Previous:||"They Both Went Bananas"|
|Next:||"The Martyr Approach"|
The Ultimate Sacrifice is the twelfth episode of Survivor: Tocantins.
Challenge: Survivor Auction
The castaways would have to go through an obstacle course of digging underneath a log, crossing a balance beam, and under a rope crawl. The castaways would then run across a field to where a spinning series of ten mathematical symbols would be displayed. The castaways would have to memorize the sequence of symbols, run back to starting line through the obstacles, and use the symbols in the correct order to solve a math equation. The first castaway to solve the math problem would win.
Winner: Stephen Fishbach
| Tribal Council 10:|
Debbie (4 votes)
Erinn, J.T., Stephen, Taj
Coach (1 vote)
Taj (1 vote)
| VOTED OFF:|
|“||(votes for Taj) Taj, you're a beautiful woman. Beautiful soul, and, uh, I don't really wanna vote for you, but I think you might have the Hidden Immunity Idol, so you gotta go, but best of luck. I'll see you on the other side.||”|
|“||(votes for Debbie) I'm sorry. It's your time.||”|
|“||(votes for Debbie) Big threats come in small packages.||”|
|“||(votes for Debbie) Sorry, little Debbie.||”|
|“||(votes for Debbie) Sorry, Debbie, but you're making too many promises you can't keep.||”|
|“||(votes for Coach) Sorry, Coach. I hope you can forgive me, but this game is changing, and you wanted to play it with honesty and integrity. And it's time for you to go, because it's not going to be able to pan out that way. Hope you forgive me.||”|
|“||I'm really the girly girl and eating live fish and sleeping in the freezing cold and just everything that I endured I'm just so proud of myself. And I know it was a hard decision for them to make to vote me off tonight. I don't hold any grudges, this is a game and you got to play it the best. I may just sit on the jury and see what goes down.||”|
Still in the Running
Behind the Scenes
Life at Ponderosa
- According to Stephen, he purchased beer and ribs for an unknown amount. He also claimed that a plate of chocolate and peanut butter was offered for $20.
- The mathematical problem at the end of the Immunity Challenge (6+2÷4×3÷3-7+6+5÷3-1×1) was applied in sequential order rather than traditional order of operations. Had order of operations been applied, the answer would have been 37/6 (6.16666...) rather than 1.
- With Debbie Beebe's elimination, this is the first time since Jerry Sims's elimination where Jalapao members outnumber Timbira members.
- Debbie's elimination marks the first time an original tribe that merged in the minority obtained a post-merge majority prior to the Day 38 Tribal Council.
- The title of the episode was said by Coach when referring to Taj leaving her 3-year-old son at home to play Survivor.
|Survivor: Tocantins Episodes|
"Let's Get Rid of the Weak Players Before We Even Start" · "The Poison Apple Needs to Go" · "Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This" · "The Strongest Man Alive" · "You're Going to Want That Tooth" · "The First 15 Days" · "One of Those 'Coach Moments'" · "The Dragon Slayer" · "The Biggest Fraud in the Game" · "It's Funny When People Cry" · "They Both Went Bananas" · "The Ultimate Sacrifice" · "The Martyr Approach" · "I Trust You but I Trust Me More" · "Reunion"