|Namesake|| From a Samoan legend about|
the origins of the coconut tree
|Tribe Type||Merged Tribe|
|Day Formed||Day 19|
|Tribes Merged|| ██ Savaii|
|Lowest Placing Member||Jim Rice (12/18)|
|Highest Placing Member||Sophie Clarke (Winner)|
They resided at the old Savaii campsite for the remainder of the competition. Their tribe color was yellow.
- ► Albert Destrade
- ► Brandon Hantz
- ► »» Coach Wade
- ► Dawn Meehan
- ► Edna Ma
- ► Jim Rice
- ► John Cochran
- ► Keith Tollefson
- ►►»» Ozzy Lusth
- ► Rick Nelson
- ► Sophie Clarke
- ► Whitney Duncan
In Double Agent (Episode 8), after the Savaii tribe purposefully voted out Ozzy to go to the Redemption Island, the first re-entrance Duel took place, where after a long winning streak, Christine is eliminated, and as according to plan, Ozzy wins the Duel, re-enters the main game and joins the recently merged tribe of Te Tuna. Dawn and Ozzy win Individual Immunity. Back at the camp, the castaways were worried about a possible tie vote along former tribal lines, Coach decided to work John Cochran to slide with them. In one of the most critical moments of the game, Cochran did flip to the Upolu's side and Keith was voted off by a vote of 6-4 in a re-vote (6-6 tie in the first vote).
Cut Throat (Episode 9) featured two Immunity Challenges and Tribal Council's. Keith is at Redemption Island waiting for upcoming opponents. Jim wins the first Immunity Challenge. Ozzy is sent back to Redemption Island by a vote of 9-2. At the second Immunity Challenge, Whitney wins the Immunity Necklace. Jim is voted off by a vote of 7-3 in a more tribal alignment.
In Running the Show (Episode 10), Keith is joined by Ozzy and Jim at the Redemption Island. Ozzy wins his second duel, thus eliminating both Jim and Keith, making them the 1st and 2nd Jury members. Sophie wins the first Immunity Challenge of the episode. Dawn is voted off by a vote of 7-2. Sophie also wins the second Immunity Challenge. Whitney is voted off by a vote of 7-1.
In Cult Like (Episode 12), Ozzy wins his third Duel, resulting in the elimination of Dawn and Whitney, becoming the third and fourth Jury members. Albert wins the combined Reward/Immunity Challenge. Albert selects Coach and Cochran to partake in the reward. The original Upolu Six and Cochran are the only ones left still in the main game. It is decided to vote off Cochran by a vote of 5-2.
In Ticking Time Bomb (Episode 13), Ozzy wins his fourth duel, sending Cochran to Ponderosa. Coach wins immunity. Edna is voted off by a vote of 5-1 due to her being not in the core part of the Upolu Alliance.
In Then There Were Five (Episode 14), Ozzy wins again and defeats Edna, making her the sixth Jury member, in the tenth Duel. Brandon wins immunity and then subsequently gives up the immunity to Albert. It turns out to be foolish move and Brandon is voted off by a vote of 3-2.
In Loyalties Will Be Broken (Episode 15), Ozzy continues his winning streak and defeats Brandon in the final Duel of the season. Brandon becomes the seventh member of the Jury. Ozzy re-enters the main game. He also wins the Immunity Challenge, forcing the Upolu's to vote out one of their own. Rick is eliminated by a vote of 3-2 and becomes the eighth Jury member without being sent to Redemption Island. Sophie wins the Final Immunity Challenge. Ozzy is finally eliminated for good by a vote of 3-1 and becomes the final member of the Jury. The Final Three of Sophie, Coach, and Albert face the now completed Jury.
At the Survivor: South Pacific Reunion Show, Sophie is announced as the Sole Survivor by a vote of 6-3-0, with Coach receiving the three votes, while Albert received no votes.
- Though there have been several variations of the story over the Pacific region, the legend mostly revolved about a girl who had a growing "Tuna" (which is Samoan for "eel") for a pet. The "Tuna" fell in love with his master. Scared by this, the townspeople killed the eel, but the eel plead to the girl to bury his head underground. Once buried, the head transformed into a coconut tree.
- Te Tuna is the second yellow merged tribe, following Chuay Jai from Survivor: Thailand, eighteen seasons and nine years prior.
- Te Tuna is officially the first and only yellow merged tribe because Chuay Jai was considered a Gold Tribe.
- Te Tuna is the twelfth yellow tribe.
- Te Tuna wrote the number "23" on their flag, symbolizing the 23rd Survivor season.
- Te Tuna is the first tribe to merge at 12 and have equal members from both tribes.
- The Final Three on the flag is circled, which is Albert Destrade, Coach Wade, and Sophie Clarke.