Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Taste the Victory"|
Edna and Albert help each other at the Reward/Immunity Challenge.
|Episode Number:||5/15 (319)|
|Original Release:||October 12, 2011|
|Viewership (in millions):||10.69|
Taste the Victory is the fifth episode of Survivor: South Pacific.
The castaways would drop a ball into a metal chute. The ball would travel down a spiraling metal track and exit out of one of two points. The castaway would have to catch the ball and drop the ball back into the chute at the top. Every few minutes, an additional ball would be added to the track until all six balls were simultaneously going around the track. A turnstile gate in the middle of the track would rotate, causing the balls to drop alternately from the two exits. If a ball exits the track and is not caught, the castaway would be eliminated from the challenge and from the game.
Winner: Christine Shields Markoski
| Redemption Island|
Challenge: Pig Out
Using only their mouths, the castaways would rip pieces of meat off a large pork roast and put it into a basket. The tribe with the most meat in the basket after ten minutes would win.
Reward: Vegetables, spices, bread, and the meat that they collected.
|Reward/Immunity Challenge: Pig Out|
Albert, Brandon, Coach, Edna, Mikayla, Rick, & Sophie
Cochran, Dawn, Elyse, Jim, Keith, Ozzy, & Whitney
| Tribal Council 5:|
Elyse (3 votes)
Cochran, Dawn, & Jim
Cochran (2 votes)
Elyse & Ozzy
Dawn (2 votes)
Keith & Whitney
| VOTED OFF:|
(sent to Redemption Island)
|“||(voting for Elyse) Sorry, Elyse, this has more to do with keeping Ozzy weak.||”|
|“||(voting for Cochran) This is the second to last stop for the (expletive censor) train. Sorry, man. Hope you get that second chance.||”|
Still in the Running
- In this episode, Coach Wade revealed that he does not like being called "Benjamin", and that his parents also address him as "Coach."
- In this episode, Christine Shields Markoski wins her third Redemption Island Duel, which breaks the record for most duels won by a female player (she previously shared the distinction with Andrea Boehlke with two wins). Christine's third victory gives her the third-most overall Duels won, behind Mike Chiesl and Matt Elrod.
- This episode marks the first time a member of Upolu is eliminated from the game.
- This episode's Redemption Island duel is a throwback of the Final Immunity Challenge in "I Trust You but I Trust Me More" from Survivor: Tocantins.
- This is the second time this season where someone is voted out despite receiving less than 50% of the votes after Christine's elimination three episodes earlier in "He Has Demons".
- This is the first time that John Cochran and Dawn Meehan were involved in a Tribal Council where someone was voted out by a 3-2-2 plurality. It would be followed by the second Tribal Council of "The Beginning of the End" in Survivor: Caramoan.
- The episode title is said by Coach Wade when discussing how great it was to win both Reward and Immunity while eating some of the cooked pork Upolu won.
|Survivor: South Pacific Episodes|
"I Need Redemption" · "He Has Demons" · "Reap What You Sow" · "Survivalism" · "Taste the Victory" · "Free Agent" · "Trojan Horse" · "Double Agent" · "Cut Throat" · "Running the Show" · "A Closer Look" · "Cult Like" · "Ticking Time Bomb" · "Then There Were Five" · "Loyalties Will Be Broken"