|Birth Date||January 18, 1947|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Manono|
|Alliance(s)|| Misfit Alliance |
Salani Alliance (affiliated)
Gregory Lantz Smith (known as Tarzan on the show) is a contestant from Survivor: One World.
Name (Age): Greg Smith (64)
Tribe Designation: Manono, Tikiano
Current Residence: Houston, Texas
Occupation: Plastic Surgeon
Personal Claim to Fame: Board Certification in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery, receiving a 1st place award for research in reconstructive surgery, playing for “Doug Silvers & the Starliters” as an organ/pianist, 4th place as Campion Missouri State Wrestler Light Heavyweight and a marriage for 30 years to a true “soul mate.”
Inspiration in Life: Tarzan, who is empathic toward nature; kind, brave, noble, “manly,” and Scaramouche (More...the Raphael Sabatinni version) – a statesman, romantic, adventurer, swordsman and empathic toward the needs to women.
Hobbies: Art, music, adventure, entomology and primatology.
Pet Peeves: Inequity and deceit.
3 Words to Describe You: Creative, childlike, (but not childish) and honorable.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Coach Ben Wade – he seems to be a romantic, adventurer, poetic and creative.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: The adventure, the challenge; to lose weight.
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I’m of the jungle and part of nature.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Other than the misfortunes of contretemps, I hope to outwit, outplay, outlast.
Survivor: One WorldEdit
|“||The game is afoot.||”|
Despite being the oldest (and arguably the weirdest) member of the tribe, Tarzan found himself in the majority alliance with Colton Cumbie, Troyzan Robertson, Leif Manson, and Jonas Otsuji. His knowledge and life experience did help out in some aspects of camp life, he didn't do so well in many challenges but thanks to Colton's scheming, he was kept around instead of stronger players such as Matt Quinlan and Monica Culpepper. After Colton's medevac and the merge, Tarzan reneged his old alliance, turned against Jonas (along with voting him off), and decided to vote with the female contestants. Because he aided in voting off the male contestants and because he wasn't a threat, Tarzan would be the last man standing and even outlast one of the female contestants, Kat Edorsson. In It's Human Nature, Tarzan told both Kim Spradlin and Alicia Rosa that they should go to the final 4 with himself and Christina Cha and he told conflicting stories that as the final member of the jury, he would sway the jury to vote for Kim and Alicia to win. When Chelsea Meissner won the reward challenge and took Kim and Sabrina Thompson with her, Tarzan used this opportunity to solidify an alliance with Alicia and Christina and tried to set a plan in motion to vote off Chelsea. Kim and Alicia would eventually have a conversation and were wondering if Tarzan was planning something bigger and trying to take one of them out. Despite Tarzan's strategizing with the remaining women, they decided that Tarzan would receive all the male jurors votes at the end and voted him off 5-1.
|Tarzan's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Manono Tribe Immune|
|2||Manono Tribe Immune|
|10||Leif||Alicia, Christina, Kim|
|13||Chelsea|| Alicia, Chelsea,|
Christina, Kim, Sabrina
|Voted Off, Day 36|
| Voted for|
- Tarzan was the oldest contestant on Survivor: One World.
- Tarzan prefers to go by Tarzan, almost similar to tribemate Troy "Troyzan" Robertson.
- Jeff Probst claimed that Tarzan had an ego problem, even going as far as telling the Medical Team how to give a physical examination.
- Tarzan was sat out in back-to-back challenges. He sat out in the Reward/Immunity Challenge of Total Dysfunction and the Reward Challenge of One World Is Out the Window. This is because players may sit out in back-to-back challenges, but only in between episodes.
- Tarzan admitted to Jeff Probst during Tribal Council in the episode A Bunch of Idiots that he suffers from nominal aphasia, a condition in which people have trouble recalling words or names.
- Similar to Survivor: Vanuatu winner Chris Daugherty, Greg was the last man standing at the Final 7 against 6 women. However, Daugherty went on to win Vanuatu, while Greg was voted out at the Final 6 (against 5 women).
- On two occasions, Tarzan wore women's clothing, first was Monica Culpepper's shirt, then Kat Edorsson's top and underwear.
- Every time Tarzan received a vote, Christina Cha's was one of them.
- Tarzan had the most votes cast against him in Survivor: One World with 12.
- On Life at Ponderosa, Tarzan didn't bathe in the first night, causing his tent to smell strange.
|Survivor: One World Castaways|