The most dominant of the three tribes, their athleticism was only rivaled by the Kalabaw tribe on some instances. They also witnessed the destruction of Matsing, where Tandang received one of two remaining Matsing members. But despite avoiding Tribal Council during their entire tenure as a tribe, cracks within the tribe emerged because the alliances formed within the tribe were yet to be tested. Their tribe color is yellow.
A Troubled Coop of Roosters
The minute the Tandang tribe reached shore, strategy immediately started when Abi-Maria Gomes and RC Saint-Amour formed an alliance, and added Pete Yurkowski and returning contestant Michael Skupin. The four decided to eliminate Lisa Whelchel first for being the most distant over the much-athletic Artis Silvester. On their first night, Michael, who easily recognized Lisa from The Facts of Life, conversed with her. Lisa, who did not want to divulge her past as an actress, admitted that she was the actress whom Michael adored during his youth, and told him she would want to keep her identity secret. However, all of the tribe's plans were put on hold after they won the first Immunity Challenge on Day 3, narrowly placing second to Kalabaw.
The following day, RC found the clue to Tandang's Hidden Immunity Idol in the bag of rice and shared it with Abi-Maria. However, tensions boiled between Abi-Maria and RC when the latter noticed Michael and RC changing the subject of their conversations as she walked up to them. Abi-Maria threatened RC by saying that she would be "dead" to her if she betrayed her. Meanwhile, Michael, who went down in Survivor history as the man who fell on the fire, accumulated several wounds, which became a worry to his tribemates. While enduring the punishing Philippine rains, Lisa, an admitted introvert, felt she could not fit in the group and walked away from the shelter while the rest of the tribe bonded. Lisa sat on the well and became emotional, feeling alone. Back at the shelter, the five other tribe members agreed to vote Lisa out once they lose. But at the second Immunity Challenge, Lisa led the tribe to a first-place finish and a second consecutive victory.
Despite their alliance, Abi-Maria and RC's relationship grew more and more strained, with Abi-Maria breaking her pact with RC by making Pete her new closest ally. Pete then made a power play by making an alliance between himself, Abi-Maria, and the former outsiders Artis and Lisa, isolating Michael and RC. But for the third consecutive time, Tandang won reward and immunity, finishing second on Day 8. Afterwards, Abi-Maria and Pete decided to look for the idol themselves. Finding the right opportunity, the two successfully deciphered the clue, which led them to the token with a rooster engraved on it, which served as the handle of Tandang's rice bin. Abi-Maria pried the token off, revealing a note behind it, confirming that the token was indeed the idol.
Even with the idol already in Abi-Maria's possession, Pete continued his plan of creating chaos within his tribe by taking RC's Hidden Immunity Idol clue and planting it in plain sight near her bag, forcing her to have to read the clue out loud to her tribemates and creating even more friction between her and Abi-Maria. At the next Immunity Challenge Day 10, Tandang won immunity again after finishing in first place.
A New Kid on the Block
On Day 11, both Tandang and Kalabaw learned that they would acquire one of the two members from the ill-fated Matsing tribe, which suffered heavily from Tandang and Kalabaw's prosperity. Out of Matsing's two remaining members, Malcolm Freberg, who was visibly excited to drop his blue buff, moved to their tribe. After delivering victory to Tandang in the succeeding Reward Challenge, Malcolm, whose disposition elated his tribemates, found himself very popular and in a powerful position. Pete and RC vied for his undivided attention, but it was Pete who was victorious by telling Malcolm about the tribe's dynamics and his and Abi-Maria's possession of Tandang's idol (unknown to Pete, Malcolm had Matsing's idol). On Day 13, during the first Immunity Challenge as two tribes, the tribe then rallied to another victory, avoiding Tribal Council for the fifth straight time.
On Day 15, the tribe realized that their rice supply was in an all-time low. Artis and Pete blamed Michael for mismanaging the rice by eating the rice raw whenever their fire ran out. This problem was slightly resolved at the next Reward Challenge, following a deal brokered by the two remaining returning players, Michael and Kalabaw's Jonathan Penner. With the challenge being physical in nature and seemingly a no-win scenario, the two returning players brokered an unprecedented deal. Jonathan proposed to make Tandang forfeit the challenge entirely, and his tribe would give their remaining rice supply in return. Michael accepted the deal with little input from his tribemates, giving up the actual reward to Kalabaw. However, the deal was deemed a double-loss for the tribe, as the rice they got from the barter was not as much as they hoped, with their replenished supply being good for only two days. Nonetheless, Michael's controversial move left him vulnerable. With Malcolm in the fold, Artis considered Michael to be expendable. Abi-Maria, Artis, and Pete expressed their dismay on the deal, but Michael rebutted that nobody voted against it. On Day 16, Tandang proved they benefited better from the rice deal, winning their sixth Immunity Challenge over the hungry and weakened Kalabaw tribe.
On Day 17, Kalabaw and Tandang merged into one tribe. Abandoning their yellow buffs, the six starting members of the Tandang tribe entered the merge complete. They moved to the deserted Matsing camp for the remainder of the competition as the Dangrayne tribe.
- Yellow is one of the three colors represented in the Philippine flag by the means of the three five-point stars and a sun with eight rays.
- Tandang holds the record for going the longest without losing a single member, 19 days, thus making it the only original tribe to have all of its members make the merge.
- Ostensibly, Tandang is also one of five tribes to never visit Tribal Council, preceded by Bayoneta, Viveros, and Puka Puka, and followed by Tavua and Yanuya, but it is the first and only original tribe to be successfully dissolved by the merge.
- All six original members of Tandang made it to the merge without any votes cast against them. They are the first tribe to achieve this feat, followed by Tandang and Tavua.
- Tandang is one of the eight tribes to never lose in all the Immunity Challenges they competed in, preceded by Koror, Bayoneta, Viveros, Puka Puka, and Moto, and followed by Tavua and Yanuya.
- The only challenge they lost was a Reward Challenge via forfeit. If this is not counted as a defeat, then they are the only original tribe to never lose a challenge.
- RC Saint-Amour was the only member of this tribe to get a double-digit placement, finishing in 11th place.
- Tandang became the second tribe to have a tie between their highest-ranking members, Lisa Whelchel and Michael Skupin, following Moto's Dreamz Herd and Cassandra Franklin in Fiji.
- Tandang is the only tribe in Philippines that the eventual Sole Survivor of the season, Denise Stapley, was never a member of.
- Tandang is the only tribe to produce female jury members in Philippines.
- Tandang is one of only two original tribes to enter the merge with more members (7) than it started the game with (6), the other being Casaya in Panama.
- Tandang is somewhat similar to the Chapera tribe of All-Stars.
- Both tribes generally won challenges during the three-tribe phase.
- Both tribes won the majority of challenges during the two-tribe phase.
- Both tribes had a male and a female at Final Tribal Council.
- Both entered the merge with more members than both other tribes.
- Both absorbed member(s) from another tribe.
- Tandang has the highest average age out of the three tribes in Philippines, at approximately 41; Tandang had the eldest male and female contestants, and three out of the four eldest contestants of the season.
- Tandang lived on Catanawan Island, the same island where Matsing and Gota lived.