|Namesake||A native fish with the same name|
|Tribe Type||Starting tribe|
|Day Formed||Day 1|
|Rival Tribe(s)||██ Jaburu|
|Tribe Status||Merged with Jaburu on Day 20|
|Lowest Placing Member||Ryan Aiken (16/16)|
|Highest Placing Member||Matthew von Ertfelda (Runner-Up)|
|Tambaqui had no insignia.|
Tambaqui was a tribe from Survivor: The Amazon.
The notable difference of Tambaqui, as opposed to tribes in previous seasons, was that it was originally an all-men tribe. Driven by testosterone, the men believed they would easily defeat their female rivals, but soon learned that muscle doesn't always mean victory. Their tribe color is blue.
- Alex Bell, a Triathlon Coach from Los Angeles.
- Butch Lockley, a school principal from Olney, Illinois.
- Daniel Lue, a Tax Accountant from Houston, Texas.
- Dave Johnson, a rocket scientist from Pasadena, California.
- Matthew von Ertfelda, a Restaurant Designer from Washington, D.C.
- Rob Cesternino, a Computer Projects Coordinator from Wantagh, New York.
- Roger Sexton, a Construction Company Executive from Valencia, California.
- Ryan Aiken, a model from Ellicott City, Maryland.
Post Tribe SwapEdit
On Day 13, three members from both tribes were switched, mixing up the men and the women. These contestants comprised the revised Tambaqui tribe:
- ► Butch Lockley
- ► Christy Smith, a Children's Adventure Guide from Basalt, Colorado.
- ► Dave Johnson
- ► Heidi Strobel, a School Gym Teacher from Eldon, Missouri.
- ► Jeanne Hebert, a Marketing Director from North Attleboro, Massachusetts.
- ► Roger Sexton
Tambaqui worked well together at camp, easily building a shelter and making fire. They felt confident that they could beat the opposing Jaburu tribe. Tambaqui was shocked when they lost the first Immunity Challenge. The tribe was split between voting out Roger Sexton, whose attitude annoyed the tribe, or Ryan Aiken, who cost the tribe the challenge. At Tribal Council the tribe eliminated Ryan in a 4-3-1 vote.
Tambaqui lost the Reward Challenge in Storms, but won the Immunity Challenge. In Girl Power Tambaqui lost both the Reward and Immunity Challenges. The tribe unanimously eliminated Daniel Lue, for being the tribe outsider.
During Trapped Tambaqui won the Reward Challenge and later the Immunity Challenge. On Day 13 a tribe switch occurred. Roger Sexton, Dave Johnson and Butch Lockley were joined by Heidi Strobel, Jeanne Hebert and Christy Smith. The new Tambaqui tribe lost the Immunity Challenge. At camp the men convinced Heidi to join them in eliminating Jeanne, which caused Jeanne's elimination at Tribal Council.
- Tambaqui was the first ever all-male tribe in Survivor history.
- Rob Cesternino is the only tribe member to return for a future season.
- Tambaqui is the third blue tribe.
- Tambaqui is the only tribe with a "Q" in it's name.
Follow us on Social Media!