|Birth Date||August 17, 1961|
In Borneo, she made a mark on the series with her infamously impassioned "Snakes and Rats" speech during the Final Tribal Council.
In All-Stars, Sue made enemies with her tribe, especially with Big Tom, with her abrasive behavior. However, she hit her breaking point when she was sexually violated by Borneo tribemate Richard during a challenge. She quit because of the detrimental impact it had on her, which was aggravated by Probst's comment about the incident.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Born in Waukesha, Wisconsin, Susan attended Waukesha South Campus High School. Currently employed as a truck driver, she previously owned and operated a hunting and fishing camp in N.W. Ontario, Canada. Prior to that, she worked as a horse trainer and a waitress/bartender.
Susan's three favorite hobbies are hunting, swimming and fishing. She enjoys hunting birds with her dogs, Ellie and Stinky. She describes herself as motivated, resourceful, and flexible. Her favorite television shows are "The Drew Carey Show" and "Whose Line is It Anyway?" Susan' favorite feature film is "Papillion" (starring Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman) and she prefers to listen to 60's and 70's rock and roll music.
A perfect day for Susan begins at 2:00 AM to walk the dogs. She would be at work by 5:00 AM delivering concrete, and be home by 6:00 PM for a quick run in the woods with husband, Tim, and of course Ellie and Stinky, who would be looking for pheasants. Returning home, they would eat dinner and retreat to the hot tub for a romantic evening.
Susan currently resides in Palmyra, Wisconsin. She is a member of the Wisconsin Road Team, an organization of truck drivers that travel throughout the state to teach student drivers how to share the road safely with big trucks. Her birth date is August 17, 1961.
After finishing fourth on SURVIVOR: BORNEO, Susan Hawk and her husband, Tim, moved from Palmyra, Wisconsin, to Las Vegas, where she opened a juice bar called "Juices Wild." She has also been employed as a correspondent for the TV Guide Channel and has written numerous articles for their magazine.
Born in Waukesha, Wisconsin, Susan attended Waukesha South Campus High School. She was previously employed as a truck driver and, before that, owned and operated a hunting and fishing camp in Ontario. She has also worked as a horse trainer and a waitress/bartender.
Susan's three favorite hobbies are hunting, swimming and fishing. She enjoys hunting birds with her three dogs. She describes herself as motivated, resourceful and flexible. Her favorite television shows are "The Drew Carey Show" and "Whose Line is It Anyway?" Her favorite feature film is "Seabiscuit," and she prefers to listen to 60s and 70s rock and roll music.
A perfect day for Susan begins at 2:00 am, when she walks the dogs. She would be at work by 5:00 am delivering concrete and home by 6:00 pm for a quick run in the woods with Tim and their dogs, who would be looking for pheasants. Returning home, they would eat dinner and retreat to the hot tub for a romantic evening.
Susan's birth date is August 17, 1961.
|“||I plead to the jury tonight to think a little bit about the island that we have been on. This island is pretty much full of only two things: snakes and rats. And in the end of Mother Nature, we have Richard The Snake, who knowingly went after prey; and Kelly, who turned into the rat that ran around like the rats do on this island, trying to run from the snake. I feel we owe it to the island spirits that we have learned to come to know, to let it be in the end the way Mother Nature intended it to be...for the snake to eat the rat.||”|
–Sue's infamous "Snakes and Rats" speech
Hawk seemed to get far in the game by using her secret alliance with Richard Hatch, Kelly Wiglesworth, and Rudy Boesch during a time when other cast members did not yet use alliances, and several even considered allied voting to be "cheating". Hawk liked being viewed as a stupid redneck during the game, and kept her intelligence hidden in order to throw off her opponents.
As the fourth-place finisher she became a member of the jury. At the Final Tribal Council she launched into her infamous "Snakes and Rats" speech about the top two, Richard and Kelly. In her speech, she said there are only two things on the entire island: rats and snakes. Richard was a snake scouring the jungle for prey and Kelly a rat, who just aimlessly wander around the jungle trying to avoid the snake. Hawk told the jury members that they should obey the laws of nature by letting the snake eat the rat. She also told Kelly that if she ever saw her in a desert, dying of thirst, she would not stop to give her a sip of water and that she'd like to see the vultures get her and devour her. This resulted in angering Colleen Haskell and Gervase Peterson, who voted for Kelly. Nevertheless, Hatch still won 4-3.
The "Snakes and Rats" moment is arguably the most remembered moment in Survivor history, as the season one finale was the highest rated episode of Survivor to date and it was the first time in Survivor that anyone ever expressed such bitterness and anger. Entertainment Weekly put it on its end-of-the-decade, "best-of" list."
|Susan's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Tagi Tribe Immune|
|4||Tagi Tribe Immune|
|6||Tagi Tribe Immune|
| Richard, Rudy;|
|Voted Off, Day 37|
| Voted for|
^1 In The Final Four, the vote ended with a 2-2 tie between Susan and Richard, forcing a revote. Kelly changed her vote to Susan on the revote, eliminating her from the game.
|Statistics of Susan Hawk|
|Total number of days||54|
|Total votes received||7|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||N/A|
Hawk returned to Survivor in 2004 for the special Survivor: All-Stars competition.
Being a member of the dominant Chapera tribe, Hawk enjoyed a long winning streak, although she was targeted by her tribe mates for being opinionated and lonesome. Despite this, she managed to survive Chapera's first Tribal Council in Day 12.
After a game-changing twist, where a rival tribe Saboga lost a special Reward Challenge, and their members to be transferred to Chapera and to the other opposing tribe Mogo Mogo. Chapera chose Rupert Boneham and Sue's fellow Borneo cast-mate Jenna Lewis to join the tribe, much to Sue's delight. Sue's confidence was completely shattered during the following Immunity Challenge, where they were to traverse a series of balance beams. Her Borneo tribe mate Richard Hatch (a member of Mogo Mogo) rubbed up against her while naked during the challenge, leaving her totally distraught, despite her tribe winning the challenge. At the subsequent episode, Hawk seemed to become more and more angered, embarrassed, and upset over the incident. At the next Reward Challenge, Survivor host Jeff Probst made a passing reference to the incident, which prompted Hawk to respond with a very angry speech, accusing Probst of making light of something that Hawk viewed as harassment. Due to the nature of the show, Hawk's competitors were unsure how much of her emotion was real and how much was part of the game. Despite the fact that Hatch had been eliminated on the prior episode, Hawk claimed that "her mind left the game 24 hours ago" and decided to remove herself from the stress of the game in order to be with her husband again.
|Susan's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Chapera Tribe Immune|
|2||Chapera Tribe Immune|
|3||No Tribal Council|
|5||Chapera Tribe Immune|
|6||No Tribal Council|
|Quit, Day 17|
- Sue and her husband currently live in a 60-acre (240,000 m2) ranch near Clever, Missouri.
- In 2000, Susan co-hosted Live with Regis and interviewed George W. Bush during his first presidential campaign.
- Susan appeared in the 2001 film Bubble Boy as a waitress.
- On May 10, 2001, Sue appeared on a Survivor edition of The Weakest Link along with Borneo castaways Richard Hatch, Sean Kenniff, Gretchen Cordy, Joel Klug, and Ramona Gray. She was the second voted out. She received a house minimum of $10,000 for her charity.
- In 2001, Susan, Gervase Peterson, Alicia Calaway, and Jeff Varner appeared on Big Brother 2. The former castaways completed against the final four houseguests in a luxury competition and won $15,000 between them.
- On May 19, 2002, the day the Survivor: Marquesas finale aired, Susan appeared live going into commercial break chatting with Rosie O'Donnell who would host the Marquesas reunion.
- She competed with fellow Borneo and All-Stars contestant Richard Hatch on the short lived 2002 game show Dog Eat Dog. She ended up winning and won the top prize of $25,000.
- In 2005, Susan appeared as a contestant in a special "Castaway Special" episode of Family Feud, where she competed with Shii Ann Huang, Tijuana Bradley, Christa Hastie, and Jenna Morasca. The five competed against Jon Dalton, Richard Hatch, Rudy Boesch, Ethan Zohn, and Rupert Boneham.
- On January 9, 2010, Susan attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- Sue is the first contestant ever to cast a vote at Tribal Council. She voted against Sonja Christopher.
- Sue was known for her poor spelling when casting votes (i.e. "Souna", "Derk", "Grechen", "Jeanne", and "Gervis").
- Sue's luxury item in Borneo were a pair of tweezers.
- Sue Hawk and Dirk Been are the first two contestants from Wisconsin.
- Sue is the first contestant to be voted out after a re-vote caused by a tie.
- Sue's "Snakes and Rats" speech became widely memorable as the first time any Juror had expressed bitterness and anger towards the finalists. Since Survivor: Borneo, many jurors have done the same and berated the finalists.
- Sue is the third person to quit from the show, following Osten Taylor and Jenna Morasca.
- Susan's quit in All-Stars marked the first time that two castaways left the season without being voting out.
- Sue is the first contestant to quit specifically because of an event involving another contestant. The second is Lindsey Ogle from Survivor: Cagayan.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/20782/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/20515/
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0369996/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t49
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEr-62CFax8
- ↑ https://youtu.be/jseHkf5ls8g?list=PLbkYrk13yG1TU9gBySyoJOKUI8HddwNoB
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iCIduLr6QY
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ5_o4vGO6g
|Survivor: Borneo Castaways|
|Survivor: All-Stars Castaways|