|The tribes at the Immunity Challenge.|
|Episode Number:||2/14 (429)|
|Original Release:||September 30, 2015|
|Viewership (in millions):||9.42|
|Next:||"We Got a Rat"|
Survivor MacGyver is the second episode of Survivor: Cambodia.
Challenge: Yank Yer Hank
Tribe members would have to climb across three A-frames, each being taller than the previous one, while carrying coils of rope. They will then use the ropes to pull a heavy crate across a wooden frame. Two tribe members would then have to use the puzzle pieces inside the crate to solve a puzzle.The tribes could change solvers, but they must stay at only two at a time. The first tribe to finish the puzzle wins.
Reward: Survivor tool kit along with materials that will improve shelter waiting for the winning tribe at their camp.
|Reward/Immunity Challenge: Yank Yer Hank|
Andrew, Jeremy, Joe, Kass, Keith, Kimmi, Monica, Stephen, & Tasha
|Lost||Ta Keo|| |
Abi-Maria, Jeff, Kelley, Kelly, Peih-Gee, Shirin, Spencer, Terry, & Woo
| Tribal Council 2:|
Shirin (5 votes)
Jeff, Kelly, Peih-Gee, Spencer, & Woo
Spencer (4 votes)
Abi-Maria, Kelley, Shirin, & Terry
| VOTED OFF:|
Shirin was shown writing Spencer's name down on the parchment.
|“||(voting for Shirin) I know you're writing my name down, too. I don't have a bad thing to say about you.||”|
|“||Ugh… I feel like I didn't really get to seize my second chance. I struggled to change in a lot of key ways to make this game work for me. I was in a totally fine position until I went crazy and blew up my game. I had an awesome opening act and then… killed myself.||”|
Still in the Running
Behind the Scenes
- In an interview, Jeff Probst reveals that Entertainment Weekly columnist Dalton Ross picked the location of the Hidden Immunity Idol for this episode's Reward/Immunity Challenge. The idol would have been hidden on the corner of the top of the third A-frame in the challenge.
- However, the idol was not hidden because no one from the Bayon tribe found the clue to the idol.
- As of this episode, every single season that has aired comprising entirely of returning players has had one tribe attend the first two Tribal Councils.
- This episode marks the second time in her Survivor career that Ciera Eastin has been the first member of her tribe to sit out a challenge.
- The title was in reference to Joe Anglim being able to craft anything in a similar fashion to MacGyver, a show that ran for seven seasons on the ABC network. Stephen Fishbach said the title during a confessional.
|Survivor: Cambodia Episodes|
"Second Chance" · "Survivor MacGyver" · "We Got a Rat" · "What's the Beef?" · "A Snake in the Grass" · "Bunking with the Devil" · "Play to Win" · "You Call, We'll Haul" · "Witches Coven" · "Like Selling Your Soul to the Devil" · "My Wheels Are Spinning" · "Tiny Little Shanks to the Heart" · "Villains Have More Fun" · "Lie, Cheat and Steal"