Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Survivor (South Africa)|
|Presenter(s):|| Mark Bayly (2006-2007)|
Nico Panagio (2009-present)
|Running Time:||60 minutes|
|Series Run:||September 3, 2006 - present|
Survivor (South Africa) is the South African version of Survivor. The series was first broadcast on September 3, 2006.
- Main article: Survivor (franchise)
The South African version of the show follows the same basic format of the American version.
- Main article: Tribe
The fifth season of the show introduced two South African sports champions as captains of the tribes. They would live at the camps, compete in the challenges with the tribes, and made some decisions, but they couldn't be voted out nor have a vote at Tribal Council. However, both of them would vote at the Final Tribal Council to help to decide the winner.
- Main article: Immunity Idol
Hidden Immunity Idol
- Main article: Hidden Immunity Idol
Unlike the American version of the show, the players are allowed to steal Hidden Immunity Idols from other's possessions.
- Main article: Exile Island (twist)
Dead Man's Island
- Main article: Redemption Island (international twist)
Used only in Survivor: Panama (South Africa), the castways voted out after the merge were taken to an island without knowledge of the remaining players in the game, where they would wait for a chance to compete for two spots to re'enter the game at the Final Three.
- Main article: Tribal Council
- Main article: Torch
- Main article: Merge
- Main article: Immunity Necklace
Final Tribal Council
- Main article: Final Tribal Council
The cast of the third season of the show was compound of eighteen South African celebrities, each of whom was playing the game to raise money for a charity of their choice.
The fourth season had its cast made up by nine South African celebrities, competing with ten regular South African citiziens.
- Survivor: Panama (South Africa) took place on the Pearl Islands in the Gulf of Panama, in June and July 2006. The competition lasted for 29 days and was broadcast in 13 episodes from September to November 2006. The winner was Vanessa Marawa, a real estate agent from Durban.
- Survivor: Malaysia (South Africa) took place in Johor, Malaysia, in May and June 2007. The competition lasted for 27 days and was broadcast in 14 episodes from August to November 2007. The winner was Lorette Mostert, an SAPS Superintendent from Middelburg, Mpumalanga.
- Survivor: Santa Carolina (South Africa) took place on Santa Carolina, an island in the Bazaruto Archipelago off Mozambique, in November and December 2009. The competition lasted for 27 days and was broadcast in 15 episodes from January to April 2010. The winner was Perle "GiGi" van Schalkwyk, an exotic dancer and club owner from Johannesburg.
- Survivor: Maldives (South Africa) was filmed in the Addu Atoll in the Maldives in October and November 2010. The first episode aired on 24 February 2011. The season was won by actor Hykie Berg.
- Survivor: Champions (South Africa) was filmed in the South China Sea in October 2013. It had two South African sports champions to led the tribes. The winner was Graham Jenneker, a financial manager from Bellville.
Survivor (U.S.) · Expedition Robinson · Australian Survivor · Celebrity Camp · Expeditie Robinson · Koh-Lanta · No Limite · Robinson Ekspeditionen · Supervivientes · Survivor (Philippines) · Survivor (South Africa) · Survivor (U.K.) · Trosečník · Hisardut · La Isla: El Reality