|Survivor: Malaysia (South Africa)|
|Filming Dates:||May 2007 – June 2007|
|Season Run:||August 22, 2007 – November 14, 2007|
36 year-old policewoman Lorette Mostert defeated 35 year-old marine lawyer Grant Clarke in a 3-2 vote, winning the R1 million prize.
Many changes were announced for the second season by M-Net, which airs the show. This included the addition of two contestants, a shorter filming period (27 days), the change in location (Johor, Malaysia), and a pre-show vote by South African citizens to choose one of the contestants. However, the show's format remained much the same, with the prize set at 1,000,000. Mark Bayly hosted this season.
The application process ended on 2 April 2007. According to M-Net's website, two thirds of the entries in 2007 were from males. The percentage of applicants in the 40-59 age group was also higher than in 2006, and the 20 oldest applicants were 77 years old. This may quell another concern that emerged in the first season: that all of the contestants had backgrounds that were too similar. The 16th contestant, Lorette Mostert, was voted in by South Africans via M-Net's website between 23–30 April 2007. Filming began in mid-May and ended in June. The show was initially broadcast 22 August – 14 November 2007.
- Shorter Season: Unlike the 29 days of the previous season, this season had only 27 days. This would be followed by the subsequent seasons.
- Exile: The castaways were dropped in the sea by a boat. They would have to swim until the shore, where they would find poles in which they should stand. The last three to reach the shore would have to standing in smaller poles, with the first person to fall would be exile until the first Immunity Challenge, when they would join the tribe who wins the challenge.
- Tribe Switch: On Day 9 a tribe switch ocurred.
- Elimination Challenge: At the final four, a endurance challenge took place, where the first person to hit the water would be eliminated.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Episode 1||August 22, 2007||Bajau||Nomfundo||4-3-1|| 1st Voted Out|
|Episode 2||August 29, 2007||Iban||Iban||Nicola||5-3|| 2nd Voted Out|
|Episode 3||September 5, 2007||Iban||Bajau||Viwe||5-2|| 3rd Voted Out|
|Episode 4||September 12, 2007||Iban||Bajau||Elsie||5-1|| 4th Voted Out|
|Episode 5||September 19, 2007||Iban||Iban||Nichal||6-1|| 5th Voted Out|
|Episode 6||September 26, 2007||Bajau||Bajau||Rijesh||4-1|| 6th Voted Out|
|Episode 7||October 3, 2007||Iban||Iban||Lisa||5-1|| 7th Voted Out|
|Episode 8||October 10, 2007||Bajau||Bajau||Irshaad||3-1|| 8th Voted Out|
|Episode 9||October 17, 2007||Dyke||Hein|| 4-4;|
| 9th Voted Out|
|Episode 10||October 24, 2007||Dyke||Mandla||Dyke||4-2-1|| 10th Voted Out|
1st Jury Member
|Episode 11||October 31, 2007||Mandla||Grant||Angela||4-1-1|| 11th Voted Out|
2nd Jury Member
|Episode 12||November 8, 2007||Mandla||Lorette||Angie||3-2|| 12th Voted Out|
3rd Jury Member
|Finale||November 14, 2007||Lorette||Mandla||No Vote|| Eliminated|
4th Jury Member
|Amanda||1-0|| 13th Voted Out|
5th Jury Member
|Survivor: Malaysia (South Africa) Voting History|
|Tribes||Original Tribes||Switched Tribes||Merged Tribe|
|Voted Off:|| |
- This was the first season in Survivor history in which a contestant (Hein Vosloo) made fire without using flint, matches or any sort of artificial firelighter.
|Survivor South Africa Seasons|