|Filming Location|| Caramoan, Camarines Sur,|
Bicol Region, Philippines
|Season Run||February 13, 2013 - May 12, 2013|
|Filming Dates||May 21, 2012 - June 28, 2012|
|Runner(s)-up|| Dawn Meehan|
|Next Season||Blood vs. Water|
Survivor: Caramoan — Fans vs. Favorites is the 26th installment of Survivor. This season was the second season to feature the Fans vs. Favorites format, originally introduced to viewers in Survivor: Micronesia. John Cochran was crowned the Sole Survivor after achieving the second Perfect Game in Survivor history. Cochran beat out Dawn Meehan and Sherri Biethman in an 8-0-0 Jury vote.
This season repeats the back-to-back filming seen since 2009. Production for Caramoan began two-and-a-half weeks after Survivor: Philippines finished filming. CBS announced on January 11 that the season premiere would last for 2 hours; however, on February 7, CBS changed the premiere to be only 90 minutes long.
A casting call happened the same way as it did in Survivor: Micronesia. Jeff stated that they would have liked to have Shambo Waters of Survivor: Samoa and Matthew Elrod of Survivor: Redemption Island back, but they said they're "done with Survivor" and Lisa Whelchel of Survivor: Philippines was considered difficult to be brought back on back-to-back seasons due to being a mother. Troyzan Robertson of Survivor: One World was originally going to be on the season but got cut in favor of Malcolm Freberg. Freberg, who had just finished competing in Philippines, remained on-location to compete in Caramoan. Tyson Apostol from Survivor: Tocantins and Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains was considered but was not chosen due to the season taking a "different direction." Apostol however would return in Survivor: Blood vs. Water. Stephen Fishbach was also considered but did not get the cut. In 2015, Fishbach would be voted back by fans to compete in Survivor: Cambodia.
- Fans vs. Favorites: Similar to past season Survivor: Micronesia, this season will feature one tribe made up of die-hard Fans of the show, while the other tribe will be made up of Favorite returning players from previous seasons.
- Returning Players: As implied by the theme, ten returning players are going to return to compete against ten new castaways.
- Hidden Immunity Idol: Like previous seasons, at least one Hidden Immunity Idol is hidden in each tribe's camp.
- Tribal Council at Challenge Site: Due to Brandon Hantz's rampage at camp, the Bikal tribe decided to forfeit the Immunity Challenge on Day 13. Due to this, a Tribal Council vote was commenced verbally at the challenge site.
- Tribe Switch: On Day 15, three Fans were switched to the new Bikal tribe and four Favorites were switched to the new Gota tribe.
- Merge-Jury Configuration: For the first time since Survivor: Panama, the first castaway voted out after the Merge would not be a member of the jury.
|Original Tribe||Switched Tribe||Merged Tribe|
38, Brooklyn, NY
|Bikal|| 1st Voted Out|
25, Oceanside, NY
|Gota|| 2nd Voted Out|
23, Jefferson City, MO
|Gota|| 3rd Voted Out|
27, Brooklyn, NY
23, Washington, D.C.
|Gota|| 4th Voted Out|
21, Katy, TX
|Bikal|| 5th Voted Out|
38, Cincinnati, OH
|Gota||Bikal|| 6th Voted Out|
21, Stanford, CA
|Gota||Bikal|| 7th Voted Out|
33, Los Angeles, CA
|Bikal||Bikal||Enil Edam|| 8th Voted Out|
44, New York City, NY
|Gota||Bikal|| 9th Voted Out|
1st Jury Member
54, Santa Monica, CA
|Bikal||Bikal|| 10th Voted Out|
2nd Jury Member
26, Hermosa Beach, CA
|Bikal||Gota|| 11th Voted Out|
3rd Jury Member
30, San Francisco, CA
|Gota||Gota|| 12th Voted Out|
4th Jury Member
23, New York City, NY
|Bikal||Gota|| 13th Voted Out|
5th Jury Member
29, Miami, FL
|Bikal||Gota|| 14th Voted Out|
6th Jury Member
27, Santa Clarita, CA
7th Jury Member
23, East Brunswick, NJ
|Gota||Gota|| 15th Voted Out|
8th Jury Member
42, South Jordan, UT
41, Boise, ID
25, Washington D.C.
The two tribes were selected prior to the start of the game: Bikal, composed of ten returning Survivor contestants (the "Favorites"), and Gota, ten new players (the "Fans"). Bikal won nearly all the challenges and was dominated by an alliance led by Phillip Sheppard, dubbed "Stealth R Us". Despite this, there was dissent amongst Bikal due to Phillip's controlling style of leadership, especially with Corinne Kaplan and Malcolm Freberg, who found the tribe's Hidden Immunity Idol. The Gota tribe was dominated by an alliance of six led by Sherri Biethman, opposed by a minority alliance of four led by Reynold Toepfer. Reynold's alliance was quickly reduced to him and Eddie Fox, who were spared due to the dwindling tribe needing their strength in challenges.
The tribes were shuffled in Day 14, with both new tribes containing four Favorites and three Fans. The significantly weaker new Bikal tribe lost every single challenge, with the Favorite majority sticking together to vote out the new players. Malcolm, now on the Gota tribe, aligned with fellow athletic males Reynold and Eddie to avoid being picked off at the merge.
The tribes merged with eight Favorites and four Fans remaining. The new Enil Edam tribe quickly saw two factions emerge: Malcolm and Corinne rallied the remaining Fans together to try and overthrow Phillip, while the rest of the Favorites regrouped under Stealth R Us. Only Sherri and Michael Snow remained from the initial dominant Fans alliance; while Michael chose to align with Corinne's faction, Sherri decided to join Stealth R Us due to her distrust of Reynold and Eddie. This put Stealth R Us in the majority and Corinne and Michael were eliminated, leaving only Malcolm, Eddie, and Reynold in the minority. Their eliminations seemed imminent until Reynold won immunity and Malcolm found an additional Idol, which he gave to Eddie. In the hectic Tribal Council that ensued, Malcolm and Eddie played their Idols and Phillip was voted out.
However, their fortune was not to last, and Malcolm and Reynold were subsequently eliminated. While Eddie seemed the likely next target, he was spared when the former members of Stealth R Us decided to turn on one of their own, eliminating strategic threat Andrea Boehlke with an Idol in her pocket, and Brenda Lowe after a kind-hearted gesture at the Loved Ones Challenge put her in a good social position. After Erik Reichenbach was evacuated from the game due to low blood pressure, Eddie was the final player voted out due to his popularity with the jury and having betrayed no one during the game.
Sherri, John Cochran, and Dawn Meehan ultimately were the final three players. During the Final Tribal Council, Sherri was largely ignored, being perceived as a coattail ride after her original alliance collapsed. While Cochran and Dawn were acknowledged as a pair, Dawn was grilled due to her emotional instability throughout the game while betraying several close allies, whereas Cochran was praised for being able to separate emotions from the game. This led to the jury of eight unanimously voting for Cochran to win.
|1||“She Annoys Me Greatly”||February 13, 2013||Bikal||Gota||Francesca||6-4|| 1st Voted Out|
|2||“Honey Badger”||February 20, 2013||Bikal||Allie||6-4|| 2nd Voted Out|
|3||“There's Gonna Be Hell to Pay”||February 27, 2013||Bikal||Hope|| 3-3-3;|
| 3rd Voted Out|
|4||“Kill or Be Killed”||March 6, 2013||Bikal||Bikal||Shamar||No vote|| Evacuated|
|Laura||6-0|| 4th Voted Out|
|5||“Persona Non Grata”||March 13, 2013||Bikal||(Gota)||Brandon||8-1|| 5th Voted Out|
|6||“Operation Thunder Dome”||March 20, 2013||None||Gota||Matt||4-2-1|| 6th Voted Out|
|7||“Tubby Lunchbox”||March 27, 2013||Gota||Gota||Julia|| 3-3;|
| 7th Voted Out|
|8||“Blindside Time”||April 3, 2013||None||Cochran||Corinne||7-5|| 8th Voted Out|
|9||“Cut Off the Head of the Snake”||April 10, 2013|| Cochran,|
|Brenda||Michael||7-3-1|| 9th Voted Out|
1st Jury Member
|10||“Zipping Over the Cuckoo's Nest”||April 17, 2013|| Cochran,|
|Reynold||Phillip||4-0-0|| 10th Voted Out|
2nd Jury Member
|11||“Come Over to the Dark Side”||April 24, 2013|| Survivor|
| 11th Voted Out|
3rd Jury Member
|12||“The Beginning of the End”||May 1, 2013||Andrea||Reynold||4-2-1-1|| 12th Voted Out|
4th Jury Member
|None||Erik||Andrea||3-2-2|| 13th Voted Out|
5th Jury Member
|13||“Don't Say Anything About My Mom”||May 8, 2013|| |
|Dawn||Brenda||3-2-1|| 14th Voted Out|
6th Jury Member
|14||“Last Push”||May 12, 2013||None||Erik||No vote|| Evacuated|
7th Jury Member
|Cochran||Cochran||Eddie||3-1|| 15th Voted Out|
8th Jury Member
|Reunion Show||Jury Vote||Sherri||8-0-0||Runners-Up|
|Survivor: Caramoan Voting History|
|Original Tribes||Switched Tribes||Merged Tribe|
|Voted out:|| |
|Vote:||6-4||6-4||3-3-31||5-1-0||No vote2||6-03||8-14||4-2-1||3-31||4-0||7-5||7-3-1||4-0-03||3-3-31||6-0-0||4-2-1-1||3-2-2||3-2-1||No vote5||3-1||8-0-0|
|►►||Cochran||Francesca||—||—||—||—||Brandon||Matt||Michael||Julia||Corinne||Michael|| ||Malcolm||Malcolm||Eddie||Eddie||Brenda||—||Eddie||Jury Vote|
^1 Tribal Council resulted in a tie. Per the rules, a second vote was held where the castaways involved in the tie would not vote and the remaining castaways could only vote for those involved in the tie..
- The theme of the season is inspired from the Igorot culture, as seen in “Come Over to the Dark Side”, where the masks used for the Immunity Challenge are Ifugao dragon masks, while the Hidden Immunity Idols resemble the people's fertility charms.
- This is the eighth season to feature returning players.
- However, this is the first season since Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains to feature returning female players.
- This is the second season in a row to feature a returning player who was voted out before the merge/jury phase of the game.
- This is the first and so far only season to feature multiple three way ties.
- This is the first season since Survivor: Nicaragua to feature 20 castaways.
- Like the original Fans vs. Favorites season, the tribe colors are purple for the Favorites, orange for the Fans, and green for the merged tribe.
- Francesca is the first returning castaway to be voted out first from their original season.
- The font used in the "Caramoan" part of the season logo is an edited version of the font: Pompeia Std Inline.
- This season's Tribal Council set is inspired by the Nipa Hut, a local traditional dwelling in the Philippines.
- This is the first season to have a tribe win the same challenge twice in a season, although the first win was by default, and the two wins were with different members due to the Tribe Switch.
- This is the first season since Survivor: Tocantins to have the first eliminated person on the merged tribe not be a member of the jury.
- This is the third season in which multiple Hidden Immunity Idols were played at the same Tribal Council, the first two being Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains and Survivor: Nicaragua.
- This season holds the record for the latest medical evacuation day in the show's history with an evacuation on Day 36.
- This is the only season that the Reunion Show had only members of the jury appear on stage and no pre-jury vote offs, as the live reunion show only featured the contestants who made it on the jury phase. All of the pre-jury evictees sat in the front row, which caused controversy.
- This is also the first season in which all of the castaways are not present for the reunion, as Brandon Hantz was banned due to his altercation with Phillip, and Brenda had to stay at home because she was in the last stages of her pregnancy. Survivor: Cambodia would be the second season to ban a contestant from attending the reunion, when Vytas Baskauskas was banned.
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/article/2013/01/22/survivor-caramoan-jeff-probst-malcolm-freberg
- ↑ http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/01/jeff-probst-survivor-caramoan-fans-vs-favorites/
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/35rlmu/stephen_fishbach_ama/cr76ztq
- ↑ http://www.tribalartasia.com/Tribal%20Art%20Asia%20Ifugao%20Tribe/IFUGAO%202/IFUGAO%20LINGLINGO.html
|Survivor (US) Seasons|
Borneo • The Australian Outback • Africa • Marquesas • Thailand • The Amazon • Pearl Islands • All-Stars • Vanuatu • Palau • Guatemala • Panama • Cook Islands • Fiji • China • Micronesia • Gabon • Tocantins • Samoa • Heroes vs. Villains • Nicaragua • Redemption Island • South Pacific • One World • Philippines • Caramoan • Blood vs. Water • Cagayan • San Juan del Sur • Worlds Apart • Cambodia • Kaôh Rōng