|Filming Location|| Caramoan, Camarines Sur,|
Bicol Region, Philippines
|Season Run||February 13, 2013 - May 12, 2013|
|Filming Dates||May 21, 2012 - June 28, 2012|
|Runner(s)-up|| Dawn Meehan|
|Tribes|| ██ Bikal|
██ Enil Edam
|Next Season||Blood vs Water|
Survivor: Caramoan — Fans vs Favorites is the 26th installment of Survivor. This season was the second season to feature the Fans vs. Favorites format, originally introduced to viewers in Survivor: Micronesia.
This season repeats the back-to-back filming seen since 2009. The Production Team filmed this season immediately after Survivor: Philippines finished filming. CBS announced on January 11th that the season premiere would last for 2 hours; however, on February 7th, CBS changed the premiere to be only 90 minutes long.
A casting call happened the same way as it did in Survivor: Micronesia. Jeff stated that they would have liked to have Shambo Waters and Matthew Elrod back, but they said they're "done with Survivor" and Lisa Whelchel was considered difficult to be brought back on back-to-back seasons due to being a mother.  Troyzan Robertson was originally going to be on the season but got cut in favor of Malcolm Freberg. Peih-Gee Law was considered for this season, but was not cast.
- Fans versus Favorites: Similar to past season Survivor: Micronesia, this season will feature one tribe made up of die-hard Fans of the show, while the other tribe will be made up of Favorite returning players from previous seasons.
- Returning Players: As implied by the theme, ten returning players are going to return to compete against ten new castaways.
- Hidden Immunity Idol: Like previous seasons, at least one Hidden Immunity Idol is hidden in each tribe's camp.
- Tribal Council at Challenge Site: Due to Brandon Hantz's rampage at camp, the Favorites decided to forfeit the Immunity Challenge on Day 13. Due to this, a Tribal Council vote was commenced verbally at the challenge site.
- Tribe Switch: On Day 15, three Fans were switched to the New Bikal tribe and four Favorites were switched to the New Gota tribe.
- Merge-Jury Configuration: For the first time since Survivor: Panama, the first castaway voted out after the Merge would not be a member of the Jury.
|Contestant||Original Tribe||Switched Tribe||Merged Tribe||Finish|| Votes|
38, Brooklyn, NY
|Bikal|| 1st Voted Out|
25, Oceanside, NY
|Gota|| 2nd Voted Out|
23, Jefferson City, MO
|Gota|| 3rd Voted Out|
27, Brooklyn, NY
23, Washington, D.C.
|Gota|| 4th Voted Out|
21, Katy, TX
|Bikal|| 5th Voted Out|
38, Cincinnati, OH
|Gota||Bikal|| 6th Voted Out|
21, Stanford, CA
|Gota||Bikal|| 7th Voted Out|
33, Los Angeles, CA
|Bikal||Bikal||Enil Edam|| 8th Voted Out|
44, New York City, NY
|Gota||Bikal|| 9th Voted Out|
1st Jury Member
54, Santa Monica, CA
|Bikal||Bikal|| 10th Voted Out|
2nd Jury Member
25, Hermosa Beach, CA
|Bikal||Gota|| 11th Voted Out|
3rd Jury Member
30, San Francisco, CA
|Gota||Gota|| 12th Voted Out|
4th Jury Member
23, New York, NY
|Bikal||Gota|| 13th Voted Out|
5th Jury Member
29, Miami, FL
|Bikal||Gota|| 14th Voted Out|
6th Jury Member
27, Santa Clarita, CA
7th Jury Member
23, East Brunswick, NJ
|Gota||Gota|| 15th Voted Out|
8th Jury Member
41, Boise, ID
42, South Jordan, UT
25, Washington D.C.
At the Favorites, Phillip Sheppard started playing differently than his first time in the game (opting not to be as openly disturbing as in his original season), and rapidly orchestrated a second edition of his past alliance, Stealth R Us. He recruited former alliance-mate Andrea Boehlke along with several other members of the tribe. As a result, Francesca Hogi was the first voted out again in a 6-4 vote. In the following days, Brandon Hantz tried to infiltrate Phillip's alliance as going far as threatening to dump their food supply should they try to eliminate him.
At the Fans, things weren't much better. Reynold Toepfer and Eddie Fox formed the Cool Kids Alliance with Allie Pohevitz, and Hope Driskill, targeting the tribe's loudmouth and complainer, Shamar Thomas who they disliked due to his laziness around camp. Sherri Biethman however, noticed the four bond in the ocean and rallied the other six members of the tribe, to form a coalition. With the Gota Alliance in the majority, Allie and Hope were voted out in the Fans' first two Tribal Councils. Luckily for Reynold and Eddie (the last of the Cool Kids), Shamar was evacuated due to an eye injury that could affect his vision. Also, Reynold had found his tribe's Hidden Immunity Idol, and played it the night Laura Alexander was voted out because of her weakness in challenges. Reynold quickly found another idol the next day.
Enjoying a winning streak, the Favorites had a 9-6 majority over the Fans. Unfortunately, Brandon felt he was shunned from the tribe after being in the minority, and dumped all of the Favorites' food out on the ground. This caused the Favorites to forfeit the Immunity Challenge to vote Brandon out in an impromptu Tribal Council, and he was eliminated in a unanimous vote leaving the tribes 8-6.
A Tribe Switch occurred on Day 14 mixed up the fans and the favorites, where the new Gota got all of the physically strongest players, leaving Bikal with the three of the season's oldest tribe cast members. Nonetheless, the favorites had the upper hand, outnumbering the fans on both tribes, 4-3. Meanwhile at Gota, Malcolm Freberg decided to betray Stealth R Us, and align with Reynold and Eddie. While the new Gota dominated the challenges, Phillip's Stealth R Us alliance was in control of Bikal despite tensions between Phillip and Corinne Kaplan slightly heating up, voting out Matt Bischoff and Julia Landauer in subsequent Tribal Councils.
When the two tribes merged, forming the Enil Edam tribe, Corinne and Michael Snow decided to switch to the new Cool Kids Alliance (Malcolm, Reynold and Eddie), while Phillip put together a solid core for Stealth R Us consisting of himself, Andrea, John Cochran, and Dawn Meehan (who were his other allies). Corinne also said to Dawn her plan in blindsiding Phillip after they voted out Sherri, but Dawn used it against Corinne instead, telling the Stealth R Us 2.0 alliance to target Corinne. Phillip then brought in former outsiders Brenda Lowe and Erik Reichenbach, as well as Sherri in order to form a majority against Corinne. Corinne was blindsided as a result in a 7-5 vote.
With Stealth R Us in the majority with a 7-4 numbers advantage, the Cool Kids decided to put Reynold's rehidden idol (which he found immediately after Laura's elimination) to good use. He played it on Malcolm, but Andrea convinced Stealth R Us to turn the vote to Michael as a failsafe, and he was eliminated. Now with the numbers 7-3, Reynold won immunity which left Malcolm & Eddie vulnerable, but Malcolm found Reynold's rehidden idol, having him possess two idols at once. At a dramatic Tribal Council, Malcolm gave Eddie his Bikal idol and blatantly announced they are targeting Phillip. With Reynold immune and Malcolm and Eddie both having idols, paranoia took over Tribal Council, with the alliance murmuring back and forth. In the end, the "Three Amigos" successfully put a dent on the alliance, eliminating Phillip.
Powerless after not finding the rehidden Idol, Malcolm Freberg and Reynold Toepfer were eliminated. With Phillip gone, the remnants of his alliance began to fall apart. Cochran and Dawn stayed together however, and got strategic threats Andrea and Brenda voted out before Eddie. Erik was medically evacuated the same night Brenda got voted out, and Eddie, the last of the Three Amigos completed the Jury on Day 38.
At the Final Tribal Council, the Jury ignored Sherri for being highly inactive after the swap, lack of understanding of her role in the game, and her combative responses to them. The jury accused Dawn as overly-emotional, which was disruptive on strategy and in camp life, and hiding behind her character of a mother of six. Meanwhile, Cochran was respected after apparently mastering the social game, strategic game, and even the physical game in a degree. With this, Cochran was declared the Sole Survivor, in an unanimous 8-0-0 vote.
|1||"She Annoys Me Greatly"||February 13, 2013||Bikal||Gota||Francesca||6-4|| 1st Voted Out|
|2||"Honey Badger"||February 20, 2013||Bikal||Allie||6-4|| 2nd Voted Out|
|3||"There's Gonna Be Hell to Pay"||February 27, 2013||Bikal||Hope|| 3-3-3;|
| 3rd Voted Out|
|4||"Kill or Be Killed"||March 6, 2013||Bikal||Bikal||Shamar||No Vote|| Evacuated|
|Laura||6-0|| 4th Voted Out|
|5||"Persona Non Grata"||March 13, 2013||Bikal||(Gota)||Brandon||8-1|| 5th Voted Out|
|6||"Operation Thunder Dome"||March 20, 2013||None||Gota||Matt||4-2-1|| 6th Voted Out|
|7||"Tubby Lunchbox"||March 27, 2013||Gota||Gota||Julia|| 3-3;|
| 7th Voted Out|
|8||"Blindside Time"||April 3, 2013||None||Cochran||Corinne||7-5|| 8th Voted Out|
|9||"Cut Off the Head of the Snake"||April 10, 2013||Cochran, Eddie, Erik, Michael, Reynold||Brenda||Michael||7-3-1|| 9th Voted Out|
1st Jury Member
|10||"Zipping Over the Cuckoo's Nest"||April 17, 2013||Cochran, Dawn, Erik, Reynold, Phillip||Reynold||Phillip||4-0-0|| 10th Voted Out|
2nd Jury Member
|11||"Come Over to the Dark Side"||April 24, 2013|| Survivor|
| 11th Voted Out|
3rd Jury Member
|12||"The Beginning of the End"||May 1, 2013||Andrea||Reynold||4-2-1-1|| 12th Voted Out|
4th Jury Member
|None||Erik||Andrea||3-2-2|| 13th Voted Out|
5th Jury Member
|13||"Don't Say Anything About My Mom"||May 8, 2013|
(Cochran, Eddie, Erik, Sherri)
|Dawn||Brenda||3-2-1|| 14th Voted Out|
6th Jury Member
|14||"Last Push"||May 12, 2013||None||Erik||No Vote|| Evacuated|
7th Jury Member
|Cochran||Cochran||Eddie||3-1|| 15th Voted Out|
8th Jury Member
|Reunion Show||Jury Vote||Sherri||8-0-0||Runners-Up|
|Survivor: Caramoan Voting History|
|Original Tribes||Switched Tribes||Merged Tribe|
|Vote:||6-4||6-4||3-3-3||5-1-0||No Vote||6-0||8-1||4-2-1||3-3||4-0||7-5||7-3-1||4-0-0||3-3-3||6-0-0||4-2-1-1||3-2-2||3-2-1||No Vote||3-1||8-0-0|
- The theme of the season is inspired from the Igorot culture, as seen in Come Over to the Dark Side, where the masks used for the Immunity Challenge are Ifugao dragon masks, while the Hidden Immunity Idols resemble the people's fertility charms.
- This is the eighth season to feature returning players.
- However, this is the first season since Survivor: Heroes vs Villains to feature returning female players.
- This is the second season in a row to feature a returning player who was voted out before the merge/jury phase of the game.
- This is the first season to feature returning players who already played against returning players as newbies.
- This is the first season, and thus far the only season, to feature multiple three way ties.
- This is the first season since Survivor: Nicaragua to feature 20 castaways.
- 6 of the returning players came from seasons that have the Redemption Island twist (3 each from Survivor: Redemption Island and Survivor: South Pacific).
- Out of all three Redemption Island returning players, only Francesca Hogi failed to make it to the Merge in Caramoan.
- Out of all three South Pacific returning players, only Brandon Hantz failed to make it to the Merge in Caramoan.
- Also, he was the only returning player from South Pacific who failed to make it to the Final Tribal Council.
- Interestingly, Francesca was the first person to be sent to Redemption Island in her season, while Brandon Hantz was the last person to be sent to Redemption Island in his season.
- This is the fifth season to have a returning player from the season directly before it.
- Like the original Fans vs. Favorites season, the tribe colors are purple for the Favorites, orange for the Fans and green for the merged tribe.
- In addition, the same starting tribe colors were also used in Survivor: Thailand and Redemption Island.
- This is the first time that the official tribe names are not show in the opening sequence. "Fans" and "Favorites" are use instead of Bikal and Gota.
- All three returning players from Redemption Island are from the Ometepe tribe.
- Francesca is the first returning castaway to be voted out first from their original season.
- The font used in the "Caramoan" part of the season logo is HFF Splintered Dream .
- This season's Tribal Council set is inspired by the Nipa Hut, a local traditional dwelling in the Philippines.
- This is the second season where a 3-3-3 vote occurred during a Tribal Council, following Redemption Island.
- This is the first season to have a tribe win the same challenge twice in a season, although the first win was by default, and the two wins were with different members due to the Tribe Switch.
- This is the third season where two tied votes have happened before the Merge, the first two being Survivor: Africa and Survivor: Palau.
- This is the first season since Survivor: Tocantins to have the first eliminated person on the Merged tribe not be a member of the Jury.
- This is the first season since Survivor: Panama where the first person voted out from the Merged tribe wasn't a member of the Jury.
- This is the third season in which multiple Hidden Immunity Idols were played at the same Tribal Council, the first two being Survivor: Heroes vs Villains and Survivor: Nicaragua.
- This is the first season in which two idols played at the same Tribal Council have both negated at least one vote.
- This is the first season in which more than one person found an idol more than once.
- This is the first season in which a female player (Andrea) got voted out while in possession of an idol.
- This is the first season in which the Loved Ones Challenge had two loved ones instead of one.
- This is also the first time that Jeff Probst cried during the Loved Ones Challenge.
- Both of the tribes' highest ranking women are its oldest women: Dawn Meehan for Bikal and Sherri Biethman for Gota. Both of the tribes' highest ranking men is the third to appear in the opening: Eddie for Gota and Cochran for Bikal
- Just like the first Fans vs. Favorites, two people were medically evacuated this season.
- This is the only season that the Reunion Show had only members of the Jury appear on stage and no pre-Jury vote offs.
- The live reunion show only featured the contestants who made it on the jury phase. All of the pre-jury evictees sat along with audience.
- This is also the only season in which all of the castaways are not present for the Reunion Show.
- Due to his in-game altercation with Phillip, Brandon Hantz was banned from attending the live reunion show.
- Brenda Lowe was also absent due to being pregnant at the time.
- The Reunion show also has the record of least amount of people talked to, with only 7/20 people being allowed to speak. (Cochran, Dawn, Brenda, Andrea, Reynold, Malcolm, and Phillip)
- This is the third season to have a tie for runner-up.
- However, this is the first time the runners-up originally came from separate tribes.
- John Cochran becomes the second Sole Survivor to play a "perfect game", receiving no votes against him and getting all of the Jury Votes.
- This is the second season with a returning-male winner, after Rob Mariano, and the fifth season with a returning winner, after Rob Mariano, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Parvati Shallow, and Amber Brkich
- John Cochran, Dawn Meehan, and Brenda Lowe are the only returning players to place higher then they did in their original season.
- Only four of the ten fans actually auditioned for the show (Allie, Hope, Laura, & Matt).
- ↑ Ross, Dalton (February 1, 2013). "Jeff Probst reveals the players who would not return to play 'Survivor: Caramoan -- Fans vs. Favorites'". Entertainment Weekly. http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/01/jeff-probst-survivor-caramoan-fans-vs-favorites/. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- ↑ http://www.tribalartasia.com/Tribal%20Art%20Asia%20Ifugao%20Tribe/IFUGAO%202/IFUGAO%20LINGLINGO.html
|Survivor (US) Seasons|
Borneo · The Australian Outback · Africa · Marquesas · Thailand · The Amazon · Pearl Islands · All-Stars · Vanuatu · Palau · Guatemala · Panama · Cook Islands · Fiji · China · Micronesia · Gabon · Tocantins · Samoa · Heroes vs Villains · Nicaragua · Redemption Island · South Pacific · One World · Philippines · Caramoan · Blood vs Water