Frank at the challenge in Africa.
|Recurring Survivor Challenge|
|Description:||A recurring challenge|
San Juan del Sur
Stomp-ede (also knows as Tribal Stomp-ede and Tromp Stomp) is a recurring challenge of Survivor.
Each castaway/tribe is given several items and instructed to stomp on a plank of wood, catapulting one item at a time into a basket atop a tower. The first person/tribe to land all items in the basket would be the winner.
In Survivor: All-Stars, the challenge was used in the tribal phase of the game and instead of being every man for himself, one member from each tribe would have their turn. The tribe that could land six items in the basket wins. Mogo Mogo won and as a reward, took all the items they put in the basket.
In Survivor: Samoa, the castaways would swim out into the ocean to retrieve one of three bags. They would then swim back and have to launch the bag up into a basket on top of a tower by jumping on a plank setup like a seesaw. The first castaway to get their three bags into the basket would win. Brett finished first and won immunity.
The challenge re-appeared as an Hero Duel in Survivor: San Juan del Sur. One person from each tribe had to use a grappling hook to retrieve three bags of balls. Once they had the balls, they had use a catapult to launch those balls into a series of five baskets. The first contestant to land one ball in each basked would win the challenge. The challenge was close but Jon beat out his girlfriend Jaclyn in the end to win reward for Hunahpu and sending Jaclyn to Exile Island.
In Survivor: Cambodia, the challenge was held as a "hero" Reward Challenge, where each tribe had to chose one of their members to compete the challenge by themselves. Andrew was chosen to compete for Angkor, Jeremy was chosen by Bayon, and Terry was the competitor for Ta Keo. After a grueling race, Andrew ultimately won for Angkor, and Terry claimed second place for Ta Keo.
“Smoking Out the Snake”
|Individual Reward|| |
|Tribal Reward|| |
|Individual Immunity|| |
| San Juan del Sur|
“We're a Hot Mess”
| Tribal Reward|
“What's the Beef?”
|Tribal Reward|| |
- Ethan Zohn, Lex van den Berghe, Tom Buchanan, Monica Padilla, Keith Nale, Jeremy Collins, and Kelley Wentworth are the only contestants to compete in this challenge twice.
- Tom and Monica are the only two-time players to not win the challenge.
- Ethan, Keith, and Kelley are the only two-time players who won the challenge both times.
- Keith and Kelley did not actively participate in this challenge both times they played as the challenge was conducted under Hero Duel rules both times.
- The appearance of the challenge in Survivor: All-Stars was the only time when a whole tribe competed (although Jon Misch, Andrew Savage, and Terry Deitz won reward for their respective tribes).
- The towers in Survivor: Cambodia were 13 feet tall.