|Born:||June 12, 1992|
|Tribe(s):|| Ta Keo|
► Ta Keo
|Alliance(s):||Bayon Alliance (affiliated)|
In Cagayan, Spencer repeatedly found himself in the role of underdog. He started on the dysfunctional Luzon tribe, before gaining temporary control of the game after the tribe switch. His luck soured once again after the merge, after the betrayal of his ally, Kass McQuillen, which eventually left him and his only other strong ally Tasha Fox at the bottom. However, Tony Vlachos, a member of the new majority alliance, was willing to work with Spencer on two separate occasions to take out threats in his own alliance, helping to advance Spencer to the Final Four. After failing to win immunity at that stage, he was unanimously voted out for being the largest jury threat. He also turned out to be a fan favorite, becoming one of the more popular contestants from his season.
Returning in Survivor: Cambodia, Spencer experienced something of a reversal of fortune, as he often found himself in a position of power and formed a dominant alliance in collaboration with Jeremy Collins and his Cagayan ally Tasha. This and his impressive challenge performances took him to the Final Tribal Council. However, his perceived arrogance and his error in aligning with the extremely popular Jeremy caused him to lose the title of Sole Survivor to the latter in a unanimous vote.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Spencer Bledsoe (21)
Season: Survivor: Cagayan
Spencer started out on the Luzon (dubbed the "Brains") tribe. After the tribe lost the inaugural Immunity Challenge, Spencer joined the majority of the tribe in voting David Samson out. Following that Tribal Council, Spencer joined an alliance with Garrett Adelstein and Kass McQuillen to vote out the weakest of the tribe, J'Tia Taylor. However, after Luzon's second straight loss, Kass sided with the women, blindsiding Garrett, and leaving Spencer on the outs. When Luzon lost immunity again on Day 11, Spencer was immediately targeted by the women's alliance. However, Spencer pleaded with Kass and Tasha Fox to keep him in favor of J'Tia, who had cost them victory in almost every challenge. Despite some hesitance to do so, both women decided to keep Spencer for his strength and voted out J'Tia.
The next day, a tribe switch occurred, sending Spencer (along with Tasha and Kass) to the new Aparri tribe. Here, Spencer found himself in a powerful position due to the distrust between the original Solana members. At Aparri's only Tribal Council, Spencer voted out Alexis Maxwell and later made the merge on Day 18. Although the new Aparri Alliance entered the merge with six members as opposed to Solana's five, Spencer was concerned over Sarah Lacina's loyalty due to her previous affiliation with Tony Vlachos. However, Sarah stayed loyal to Spencer's alliance and joined him in voting against Jefra Bland. Unfortunately, Kass decided to join the new Solana Alliance and voted out Sarah, leaving Spencer in the minority once again.
As his allies continued to be voted out, Spencer was frequently targeted by the Solana Alliance, but won three individual Immunity Challenges as well as finding a Hidden Immunity Idol (which he used, but ultimately wasted on Day 28). Additionally, Spencer played on Tony's paranoia, frequently pitting him against his own alliance and resulting in the eliminations of LJ McKanas, Jefra, and Trish Hegarty, allowing him to reach the Final Four. After finally losing immunity to Kass on Day 37, Spencer realized that the season would likely end in a Final Two. He told this to Tony and attempted to convince him to vote against Woo Hwang, whom Spencer believed would take Kass to the Final Tribal Council over Tony. He promised Tony the two would go to the finals together should either of them win the Final Immunity Challenge, if he voted out Woo. In the end though, Tony stuck with Kass and Woo, unanimously voting out Spencer. He became the eighth member of the jury.
At the Final Tribal Council, Spencer criticized Woo for following Tony's every move, comparing Woo to a dog following its master, while praising Tony's game-play. In a similar manner to Survivor: Redemption Island castaway David Murphy, Spencer pleaded with the jury to vote for Tony, whom he felt was the more deserving castaway of the million dollars and the title of Sole Survivor.
|Spencer's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Luzon Tribe Immune|
|5||Aparri Tribe Immune|
|11||Jefra||Jefra, Kass, Trish|
|14||Woo||Kass, Tony, Woo|
|Voted Off, Day 37|
| Voted for|
^1 In Sitting in My Spy Shack, Spencer used a Hidden Immunity Idol, but did not negate any votes against him.
Spencer was one of the twenty castaways chosen by the public to compete on the second chance season, Survivor: Cambodia.
Spencer was apart of the Ta Keo tribe. After they lost the season's first Immunity Challenge, the tribe immediately went to Tribal Council where Spencer joined the new-school players plus Jeff Varner and Peih-Gee Law to blindside Vytas Baskauskas. However, after Ta Keo lost the second Immunity Challenge, both Spencer and Shirin Oskooi became the targets for playing too hard. Despite their damage control efforts with Abi and Woo, Spencer and Shirin were forced to vote against each other. Luckily for Spencer, Shirin was voted out and his second chance continued.
On Day 7, a tribe switch occurred. Spencer and Kelly Wiglesworth switched to the Bayon tribe where he bonded with Jeremy Collins. Bayon finally lost their first Immunity Challenge on Day 13. At Tribal Council, Spencer and Kelly voted against each other, but Monica Padilla was blindsided due to Jeremy, Kimmi Kappenberg and Stephen Fishbach voting against her.
On Day 14, another tribe switch occurred, with Spencer and Kelly switched back to Ta Keo. After they lost the Immunity Challenge, Andrew Savage planned to blindside Spencer by telling him that Ciera Eastin was the target. However, Ciera believed that Andrew was too closely aligned with Woo Hwang and convinced Kass McQuillen and Abi-Maria Gomes to save Spencer and blindside Woo. Kass alerted Spencer about the plan. At Tribal Council, Spencer, Kass, Ciera, and Abi-Maria successfully blindsided Woo.
On Day 17, the tribes merged with 13 players remaining. Spencer, Kelley Wentworth, Abi, and Kelly were the only original Ta Keo members to make it to the merge, and Spencer was the only original male Ta Keo member to make it to the merge. Spencer, along with Joe Anglim and Keith Nale were the swing votes between the Bayon alliance and the Witches Coven alliance. Ultimately they sided with the former.
On Day 29, Spencer won his first individual Immunity Challenge this season. With 8 players remaining, the contestants met their loved ones. Spencer met his girlfriend Marcella and told her he loves her for the first time. After Kelley Wentworth won the Loved Ones Challenge and chose Joe, Abi-Maria, Keith, and Kimmi and their loved ones to join her, Spencer, Tasha, and Jeremy made a final three deal.
Spencer won his second individual Immunity Challenge on Day 35, and third on Day 36. After winning immunity on Day 36, both he and Tasha noticed Kimmi strategizing with Kelley and Keith, so they believed that Kimmi flipped, but Jeremy did not believe them. At Tribal Council, Spencer vocally announced that he, Tasha and Jeremy were sticking together. This prompted Kelley to play her Hidden Immunity Idol, to which Jeremy replied by playing his as well. The idols both negated the three votes cast against them. In the second vote, Spencer, Jeremy, and Tasha voted for Kimmi, and the was tied between Tasha and Kimmi. Then Spencer along with the others told Jeff Probst that they would not change their votes, so then Jeff tells them that if they cannot come to a decision in one minute, Kimmi and Tasha would become immune so Keith will be eliminated by default. Jeremy and Spencer still decided not to change their votes, so this prompted Kelley and Keith to change their votes to Kimmi, thus eliminating her from the game. On Day 37, the main target Kelley won immunity, so Keith was voted out at the subsequent Tribal Council. On Day 38, Jeremy defeated Spencer to win the Final Immunity Challenge. At Tribal Council, Spencer told Jeremy that if he votes him out, he will vote for Kelley to win and make sure she gets enough votes to win. Ultimately Jeremy honored his alliance with Spencer, and Kelley was unanimously voted out.
At the Final Tribal Council, Andrew criticized Spencer for being arrogant during the final four Tribal Council, and Kimmi called him a bully for threatening Jeremy. Spencer ultimately became the co-runner-up of the season along with Tasha, losing to Jeremy in a unanimous 10-0-0 vote.
|Spencer's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Shirin|| Abi-Maria, Kelley,|
|3||Bayon Tribe Immune|
|4||Bayon Tribe Immune|
| Jury Votes|
|Co-Runner-Up, Day 39|
^1 In You Call, We'll Haul, Kelley used a Hidden Immunity Idol, negating Spencer's vote against her.
^2 In Like Selling Your Soul to the Devil, Jeremy used a Hidden Immunity Idol on Stephen, negating Spencer's vote against him.
^3 In Lie, Cheat and Steal, Kelley used a Hidden Immunity Idol, negating Spencer's vote against her. Because Jeremy and Kelley both used Hidden Immunity Idols and negated all the votes cast at Tribal Council, a vote restart was held between all the non-immune players. This vote ended with a 3-3 tie between Kimmi and Tasha, forcing a unanimous decision tiebreaker. Spencer did not change his vote on the tiebreaker.
- Jeff Probst publicly apologized to Spencer during the Cagayan Reunion Show for pre-judging him that he would have no chance at the game. Prior to the game, Probst wrote Spencer a note that read, "Spencer, you will not win. - Probst" (the note currently hangs on Spencer's fridge). Probst wrote an apology letter for Spencer on August 9 (around Day 15 or 16, according to Probst), which he mailed to himself from Cagayan and gave to Spencer personally during the reunion.
- Spencer was voted by fans as Mr. Survivor on Rob Has a Podcast for 2015.
|Statistics of Spencer Bledsoe|
|Total votes received:||19|
|Days spent on Redemption Island:||N/A|
- Spencer ties with Denise Stapley, Ken McNickle, Mick Trimming, Natalie White, and Russell Hantz (in Samoa) for the most Tribal Councils attended in a season, with 15 in Cambodia (including the Final Tribal Council).
- By birth date, Spencer is the youngest returning player.
- Both of Spencer's starting tribes, Luzon and Ta Keo, had green buffs.
- Spencer was a favorite of Tyler Perry, a die-hard Survivor fan who suggested the "special idol" twist. Perry admitted that he hoped either Spencer or Tasha Fox would find the special idol.
- In Survivor: Cambodia, Spencer and Ta Keo tribemate Kelly Wiglesworth, were the fifth and sixth castaways to share a tribe with every castaway on a season. The first four were Rob Mariano, Sean Rector, and Vecepia Towery, in Survivor: Marquesas and Denise Stapley in Survivor: Philippines. They were followed by Aubry Bracco and Michaela Bradshaw in Survivor: Game Changers.
- Spencer lost 23 lbs. (10 kg) during his time in Cagayan and 25 lbs. in Cambodia.
- Spencer was elected "Fan Favorite Player of the Season" for Cagayan by the audience of Rob Has a Podcast.
- In a finale interview with Parvati Shallow, Spencer revealed that Survivor: Redemption Island and Survivor: Caramoan castaway Phillip Sheppard nicknamed him "The Survivor Shogun".
- Before Cagayan, Spencer applied for Survivor: Philippines, Survivor: Caramoan, and Survivor: Blood vs. Water.
- In both of his seasons, Spencer was the only male member of his original tribe to reach the merge.
- Spencer won individual immunity 3 times in both his seasons.
- During both pre-merges he went to tribal four times and was immune twice.
- Spencer is one of four returning players to be an active player in the finale episode of every season they have competed in, along with Aubry Bracco, Tai Trang, and fellow Cambodia castaway Keith Nale.
- ↑ http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-31-2015-second-chances-spencer-bledsoe-interview/
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/spencer.bledsoe
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/214797/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/215121/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32A7ZTrUgTM
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/43fu6f/amaaaaaa/czhvn87
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axv9UHCIhos
|Survivor: Cagayan Castaways|
|Survivor: Cambodia Castaways|