|Born:||January 13, 1983|
|Hometown:||Long Beach, California|
She was doomed by her and Joaquin Souberbielle's mishandling of a twist on Day 1, as her poor attempts at lying about her pursuit of the Hidden Immunity Idol earned her the distrust of the Masaya tribe, and she became the first person voted out of the game.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): So Kim, 31
Tribe Designation: White Collar
Current Residence: Long Beach, Calif.
Occupation: Retail Buyer
Personal Claim to Fame: Having the courage to re-invent myself. Last year, I turned 30, went through a divorce, moved across the country and changed jobs. It was simultaneously one of the best and worst years of my life and I'm a stronger person for it.
Inspiration in Life: Anyone who lives life to the fullest, laughs with abandon and loves openly.
Hobbies: Laughing, adventuring, traveling, dancing and LIVING.
What is your favorite sport? Surfing, swimming and eating.
Pet Peeves: Indecisiveness, "princess" attitudes, narcissism, procrastination, losing and complacency.
3 Words to Describe You: Spirited, charming and brutally honest
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1. iPad with unlimited battery power – who doesn't love a good dance party? Not to mention, I could record conversations as needed. 2. Sunglasses – my eyes give everything away. 3. Letters from loved ones – to remind me to have fun, dig deep and stay humble.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I am a combination of Ozzy (physically capable, agile, a bit self-righteous), Parvati (cute, flirty, coy) and Cochran (self-deprecating, paranoid and devious).
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to win and become the legendary female Sole Survivor who made big moves and didn't play it "safe!" The million bucks doesn't hurt.
Why You'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: I would completely be in my element in the game of Survivor. I live for extreme experiences! Whether that is competing in challenges, surviving the outdoor elements, or strategically navigating alliances, I know I would be laughing and having a good time with the people around me.
Why Will You Be the Sole Survivor: People who know me say I'm the strongest girl they know - physically, mentally and emotionally. Physically, I would kill it in challenges. Mentally, I am extremely analytical and approach things objectively. Emotionally, I know how to laugh at myself and make the best of any situation. And I would have no problem being manipulative in order to further myself!
Survivor: Worlds Apart
A member of the all-"white collar" Masaya tribe, she was chosen by Joaquin Souberbielle to assist him in making a decision on behalf of the tribe. Shortly after, So and Joaquin learned that their choice was between a big bag of beans or a Hidden Immunity Idol clue. Although So feared picking to deceive would put a target on her back, the two still chose the Hidden Immunity Idol clue, and became allies. The two then fabricated a lie about a neutral option, which none of their tribemates believed. So and Joaquin were never successful in finding the idol as Carolyn Rivera had already found it after seeing them looking around camp.
After losing the first Immunity Challenge on Day 3, So began targeting Carolyn because she was the oldest woman on the tribe and accused her for not volunteering in crucial parts of the challenge. Despite her pleas, So's initial mistake came back to haunt her, eliminating her in a 4-2 vote.
|So's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Carolyn|| Carolyn, Max,|
|Voted Off, Day 3|
- So left her post at Macy's as a retail buyer prior to Survivor. She now works as senior merchandising manager for Billabong.
- So dated Survivor: Philippines, Survivor: Caramoan, and Survivor: Game Changers contestant Malcolm Freberg. So was previously married to model Kristopher Gloor in 2011, but has since divorced.
- So initially traveled to Nicaragua with her sister, Doo Kim, for Survivor: San Juan del Sur as the tenth and final pair of castaways. However, her sister failed the final medical tests and they were forced to withdraw, hence San Juan del Sur started with ten men and only eight women.
- This made So the second castaway to withdraw after being cast on a season, brought back for the following season and become the first person voted out.
- The last person to be in the same situation was Tina Scheer from Survivor: Panama, who was originally cast for Survivor: Guatemala, but backed out due to her son's passing a week before filming.
- Ironically, they both were voted out first.
- ↑ http://www.theindependent.com/occasions/engagements/charlotte-kim-kristopher-gloor/article_c0163c27-7561-5aa2-ae9e-8a65648a6bda.html
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/215008/
- ↑ https://www.linkedin.com/pub/so-kim/11/813/92a
- ↑ http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2015/02/26/survivor-castaway-so/
|Survivor: Worlds Apart Castaways|