|Description:||What the host uses to extinguish torches.|
A snuffer is the item that the host, Jeff Probst, uses to extinguish or "snuff" the torch of the castaway that has been eliminated at Tribal Council while using the famous line: "The tribe has spoken.", followed by "Time for you to go."
When a castaway gets voted off from a tribe, the host would ask that contestant to hand over their torch and insert it in a designated hole in front of the host, where the host will use the snuffer to cover the lit torch, extinguishing it in the process. In some cases, the snuffer is half-filled with water, for more effectiveness.
- Survivor: Borneo - A small coconut shell attached to a rattan stick handle.
- Survivor: The Australian Outback - A stone with an Australian aborigine motif etched on its top with a wooden handle.
- Survivor: Africa - A leather basket with African prints and feathers.
- Survivor: Marquesas - A large coconut shell with a human bone as the handle.
- Survivor: Thailand - A golden cone-shaped snuffer with a dragon as the handle.
- Survivor: The Amazon - A small black bowl with a human bone as the handle.
- Survivor: Pearl Islands - A pirate's ax welded to a bell.
- Survivor: All-Stars - A conch shell carved out of wood.
- Survivor: Vanuatu - A large war club.
- Survivor: Palau - An army canteen cover with a machine gun shroud as the handle.
- Survivor: Guatemala - An ancient Mayan mask.
- Survivor: Panama - A small skull with a snake as the handle.
- Survivor: Cook Islands - An oxidizing ship bell.
- Survivor: Fiji - A large skull with a Fijian war club as the handle.
- Survivor: China - A black Chinese bell with golden designs on it with a dragon holding a jade green pearl in its mouth as the handle.
- Survivor: Micronesia - A vulture with a bowl in its mouth.
- Survivor: Gabon - An elephant with its trunk as the handle.
- Survivor: Tocantins - An etched Brazilian pot with feathers and a tree branch as the handle.
- Survivor: Samoa - A large Samoan war club with etched motifs.
- Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - A large white trumpet shell attached with ropes to a stick as the handle.
- Survivor: Nicaragua - A silver bowl with etched designs of flowers and rapiers with a metal snake as the handle.
- Survivor: Redemption Island - A jaguar head with etched motifs.
- Survivor: South Pacific - A lizard's head with the tail snaking outwards as a handle, with Samoan motifs etched all across the lizard's body.
- Survivor: One World - An iguana's skeleton roped to a coconut with feathers and prints surrounding the handle.
- Survivor: Philippines - A red bowl with a rooster, water buffalo, and a monkey climbing on top of it.
- Survivor: Caramoan - A large wooden/metal bowl with a mini-skull and several pieces of weed poking out from the top.
- Survivor: Blood vs. Water - A silver bowl with etched Asian motifs.
- Survivor: Cagayan - A dragon's head carved out of wood.
- Survivor: San Juan del Sur - A skull covered with cracked, turquoise tiles with a piece of carved wood as the handle.
- Survivor: Worlds Apart - A broken lantern attached to a piece of driftwood.
- Survivor: Cambodia - An oxidized bell snuffer with faces and Cambodian motifs etched on it.
- Survivor: Kaôh Rōng - A wooden bowl shaped snuffer with teeth around it and feathers on top.
- Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X - An orange and white nautilus shell with ropes attaching it to a wooden handle.
- Survivor: Game Changers - A sheave pulley connected to a metal handle.
- While most of the show's memorabilia is auctioned for charity, Jeff Probst keeps the snuffers as souvenirs.