|"Sleeping with the Enemy"|
|Episode Number:||8/14 (064)|
|Original Release:||November 7, 2002|
Immunity Challenge: Breathing Space
Using eight individual bamboo snorkels, four for each tribe, the castaways had to submerge themselves underwater and breathe through the snorkel. Once a tribe member came up for air, their time was stopped. The tribe with the longest cumulative running time under water would win.
Winner: Chuay Gahn
| Tribal Council 8:|
Erin (3 votes)
Jake, Ken, Penny
Ken (1 vote)
| VOTED OFF:|
Jake and Erin's votes were not shown during both of their voting confessionals.
|“||(voting for Erin) This is probably one of the most difficult votes that I've ever had to do. You've been a great tribemate. You've been a great companion.||”|
|“||(voting for Ken) I think you've roughed it enough. It seems like it's beginning to wear on you.||”|
|“||I'm very happy the way that I played the game. My number one goal was to make it to the jury and I made it. I wasn't predicting to get voted off tonight, but that's how the game is. I came to Thailand with a small bag and myself and I'm leaving with more than I ever could have expected. I'm ready to sit back now and watch and see how the rest of the game is played because it's extremely unpredictable.||”|
Still in the Running
- This is the first time that the jury phase has begun before the merge.
- This is the only episode to feature a tribal Immunity Challenge at the final nine.
- This is the first and only time Chuay Gahn sat out a member in a challenge.
- This episode aired the day that the following season, Survivor: The Amazon, began filming.
- The episode title was said by Brian Heidik after describing his trust with the Sook Jai tribe living at the Chuay Gahn tribe's camp.
|Survivor: Thailand Episodes|
"The Importance of Being Eldest" · "The Great Divide" · "Family Values" · "Gender Bender" · "The Ocean's Surprise" · "The Power of One" · "Assumptions" · "Sleeping with the Enemy" · "Desperate Measures" · "While the Cats Are Away" · "The First 30 Days" · "A Big Surprise... and Another" · "The Tides Are Turning" · "Slip Through Your Fingers"