|Shii Ann Huang|
|Birth Date||January 24, 1974|
|Hometown||New York, New York|
|Tribe(s)||██ Sook Jai|
|Alliance(s)||Chuay Gahn Five (affiliated)|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Mogo Mogo|
██ Chaboga Mogo
|Alliance(s)||Mogo Mogo Alliance|
Shii Ann is remembered mainly for her assumption that the tribes merged during the events of Thailand, only to be told they did not. Because she made her intentions clear that she was open to switching sides, she was eliminated.
Shii Ann was born in Taipei, Taiwan, and immigrated to the United States via New Jersey when she was eight years old. Two years later, she moved to Mesa, Arizona, where she became a state champion speech and debate competitor during high school. She also raised a prize-winning sheep as a member of Future Farmers of America.
After high school, Shii Ann attended the University of California, Berkeley where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree (with honors) in English Literature. She then moved to New York City, where she received a master's degree at New York University/Tisch School of the Arts' Interactive Telecommunications Program. She previously worked as a web producer and an advertising account executive.
Shii Ann enjoys learning about new cultures, traditions and customs. Her curiosity has lead her to pursue diverse hobbies such as Afro-Cuban dance, Szechuan cooking, travel photography and writing. She spends much of her time keeping up with New York City's diverse arts and cultural events. In her spare time, she enjoys exploring new restaurants around the city with friends.
Currently, Shii Ann resides in New York City with her increasingly sedentary cat, Simon. She is a member of the University of California Berkeley Alumni Association.
Shii Ann was selected by Jake Billingsley to be on the Sook Jai tribe. Upon arriving at the beach, she notes that this tribe was divided as they different things. Despite this, Sook Jai won the first three challenges. At the next reward challenge, Sook Jai had an early lead but lost when some members broke the rules causing them to be disqualified. When Sook Jai returned to Camp, she was annoyed when Robb Zbacnik went ranting on how the tribe lose on a bunch of rules and Clay Jordan's reaction to him being choked, calling him a "backwoods hick". She questions if a logical thought goes through his head. This would be the start of many squabbles with Robb. After losing the immunity challenge, Shii Ann was targeted by Robb, Jed Hildebrand, and Stephanie Dill, but the tribe voted out Jed for perceived laziness. After winning the next two challenges, Shii Ann felt slightly alienated for being the only ethnic minority and having a different upbringing than the other members of her tribe. When Sook Jai would lose the next immunity challenges, the tribe voted out outsiders Stephanie and Robb. When a tree mail said to go to Chuay Gahn's camp, everyone assumed it was a merge. After bonding with Ted Rogers, Jr., Shii Ann considered flipping. When Sook Jai got wind of this, they demanded to where her loyalties lie, to which she responded she did not know. When the competitors arrived at the immunity challenge, Jeff revealed the tribes had not officially not merged and is still two separate tribes. Sook Jai would lose the challenge and Shii Ann was unanimously voted out for being untrustworthy.
|Shii Ann's Voting History|
|Episode|| Shii Ann's|
| Voted Against|
|1||Sook Jai Tribe Immune|
|2||Sook Jai Tribe Immune|
|3||Jed|| Jed, Robb,|
|4||Sook Jai Tribe Immune|
|7||Penny|| Erin, Jake,|
|Voted Off, Day 21|
|Statistics of Shii Ann Huang|
|Total number of days||54|
|Total votes received||15|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||N/A|
The next day, The tribe was given supplies to build a raft. At the challenge, it was revealed that the last place team would be dissolved and its members scattered among the two winning teams. Mogo Mogo came in first and discussed who to pick. When it came time to pick from the former Sabogas, Mogo Mogo chose Ethan Zohn and Jerri Manthey to become Mogo Mogos. Chapera won the immunity challenge, sending Shii Ann to her first Tribal Council of the Season. Ethan was the intended target, but Richard wanted to Blindside Colby Donaldson. This caused Richard himself become the target as well as being the first winner of the series. In Response to this, Richard attempted to recruit to the women to former a counter alliance. Shii Ann, Jerri, and Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien sided with booting Richard. At the next challenge, Susan Hawk who was increasing irritated by her incedent exposure with Richard at the last challenge. Jeff and Shii Ann tried to calm her down, but Sue got more angry. Sue had a outburst of all of her pent-up rage and quit the game. The Challenge became a reward one, which Mogo Mogo won. However they was still disturbed by Sue's Rant, which included them in her Hatred. Chapera won all challenges after word. After the first loss, Chapera kidnapped Kathy, preventing her from voting. Shii Ann became the swing vote between Colby(who annoyed her lecturing her about her gameplay) or Jerri(who Shii Ann was equally annoyed with for her personality and poor work ethic). Shii Ann ultimately chose to vote out Colby for being the bigger threat. At the next vote, Ethan was unanimously voted out for being the last winner in the game.
When next tree mail came, the four Mogo Mogos received bottles of paint and a note hinting a merge. The tribe didn't paint themselves with it due to lack of specific instruction. Things took a turn, when the tribes was revealing to switching instead of merging. Shii Ann and all of her Mogo Mogo tribemates became Chapera. Amber Brkich stay on Chapera and acted like hostess. The newcomers was impressed by how well kept the Chapera camp was and noted that they could have improved the Mogo Mogo more. The new tribe gotten a tree mail, that implied the challenge was Trivia from past season. The assumption was right. The tribes was even but the New Chapera faltered at the last question, giving the new Mogo Mogo the immunity win. Boston Rob Mariano came to Lex van den Berghe, pleading him to spare Amber. In return, he will protect him. Shii Ann wanted Amber gone, but didn't to deal with Boston Rob's wrath so she voted out Jerri.
The tribes Merged and moved to the abandon Saboga Camp. Boston Rob went back on his Deal with Lex, who even Shii Ann voted against at the tribal council of the merged tribe. At the next challenge, the tribes was divided into teams of four. The winning team would get letters would received letters from home and a chance at individual immunity. Shii Ann's team which consisted of Amber, Boston Rob and Alicia Calaway won. However, Shii Ann failed to win immunity. Kathy tried to break the Chapera Alliance, The Alliance stayed strong and voted out Kathy. Disheartened by losing the person she was closest to thoughout the game, Shii Ann was fully aware that she was the next to go. This was made more apparent when Rupert Boneham won the reward challenge and give the best food to Boston Rob, Amber and Jenna Lewis. Jenna viewed Shii Ann as obnoxious. At the immunity challenge, Shii Ann outlasted Rupert to win immunity. Despite the immunity win, The others still ostracized her. Shii Ann viewed them as stupid players for not making deals with her. Knowing that Boston Rob, Alicia and Rupert were all vulnerable, she decided to vote against Alicia who was voted out unanimously.
Shii Ann was getting annoyed with Jenna. The next reward challenge was a Loved Ones Challenge. The loved ones would be the ones competing in eating challenge. Shii Ann saw her Mother, Lily. Lily was out in the second round. Shii didn't mind her mom losing, knowing the food was disgusting and the living conditions horrible. At the immunity challenge, she came very close to winning, but Big Tom Buchanan beat her to immunity. Unable to break the Chapera bond, Shii Ann was unanimously voted out.
At Final Tribal Council, Shii Ann asked the finalist why should she vote for the other one. After hearing their answers, Shii Ann gave her Jury vote to Amber. She stated the person who she voted for would win the million dollars. The was proven true as Amber became the Sole Survivor of Survivor: All-Stars. Believing she was the swing vote, Amber gave Shii Ann a car for voting for her.
|Shii Ann's Voting History|
|Episode|| Shii Ann's|
| Voted Against|
|1||Mogo Mogo Tribe Immune|
|2||Mogo Mogo Tribe Immune|
|3||No Tribal Council|
|4||Mogo Mogo Tribe Immune|
|6||No Tribal Council|
|14||Amber|| Amber, Jenna L.,|
Rob M., Rupert, Tom
|Voted Off, Day 33|
| Voted for|
- After Survivor: Thailand, Huang, along with fellow cast member Robb Zbacnik hosted MTV's "Battle of the Sexes," a preview show for Survivor: The Amazon.
- In 2006, Shii Ann appeared as a contestant in a special "Castaway Special" episode of Family Feud, where she competed with Sue Hawk, Tijuana Bradley, Christa Hastie, and Jenna Morasca. The five competed against Jon Dalton, Richard Hatch, Rudy Boesch, Ethan Zohn, and Rupert Boneham.
- Shii Ann is one of eight castaways (the others being Rob Mariano, Bobby Jon Drinkard, Russell Swan, Michael Skupin, Francesca Hogi, Colton Cumbie, and Monica Culpepper) that returned for a second season despite not reaching the jury stage in their original season.
- Shii Ann received votes at every tribal council she attended during Thailand.
- Shii Ann is one of the six players to do better in Survivor: All Stars than in their previous season, along with Alicia Calaway, Rupert Boneham, Jenna Lewis, Rob Mariano, and Amber Mariano.
- Shii Ann is the first castaway to received votes from all of her original tribemates but is not initially voted out unanimously. Robb, Jed and Stephanie all voted against Shii Ann at the tribal councils they attended. Then Shii Ann was voted out by the remaining castaways on her tribe.
- Shii Ann is the first Asian-American to be cast on Survivor.
- Shii Ann's luxury item in Thailand was a Chinese Traveling Bag.
- Thus far, Shii Ann is the only representative of Survivor: Thailand to appear in a future season.
- Shii Ann is the highest placing Mogo Mogo member.
- Shii Ann had the most votes cast against her in Survivor: Thailand with 10.
- Shii Ann is the first of three Asian-American contestants to appear in multiple seasons (the other two are Yau-Man Chan and Brenda Lowe).
- Of the three, she is the only one to return for an all-stars season. Both Yau-Man and Brenda returned on Fans vs. Favorites seasons.
- Coincidentally, they are the first and only people to represent their original season, with Shii Ann representing Survivor: Thailand.
- Shii Ann and Brenda both placed tenth in their first seasons and sixth in their second seasons.
- The three, as well as Malcolm Freberg, are the only contestants to be the sole representatives of their seasons.
- Shii Ann was invited for Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, but turned it down due to being pregnant.
- Shii Ann is the second Survivor to decline returning due to a pregnancy, after Vecepia Towery.
- Shii Ann was the only person to not make the merge in her original season but return for Survivor: All Stars.
- However, this was solely because of the delayed merge. She did make final ten, which was where merge started in all other seasons before All Stars.
- Shii Ann shares her birthday with Maralyn Hershey and Stephen Fishbach
- Shii Ann is the first person on to survivor to be voted out unanimously twice. First by a 4-1 vote, then 5-1 vote.
|Survivor: Thailand Castaways|
|Survivor: All-Stars Castaways|