|Birth Date||October 19, 1983|
|Hometown||Cedar Rapids, IA|
Sarah Lacina is a contestant from Survivor: Cagayan.
She is best remembered for being blindsided at the beginning of the merge, after she considered herself to have the most power as the swing vote, which caused fellow tribe mate Kass McQuillen to flip on the majority alliance, and vote her out instead.
Name (Age): Sarah Lacina (29)
Tribe Designation: Aparri
Current Residence: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Occupation: Police Officer
Personal Claim to Fame: I’m most proud of graduating college in four years.
Inspiration in Life: My mother is amazing. She is the most unselfish person I know. Such a hard worker, and so supportive. If it weren’t for her, I wouldn’t be here.
Hobbies: Boating, working out, golfing and mixed martial arts.
Pet Peeves: I hate when I can hear people chew their food, when people leave me voicemails (I’ll call you back if I don’t answer) and stupid people.
3 Words to Describe You: Witty, competitive and athletic.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? A Bible - I’ve always wanted to read the entire Bible. I’m a slow reader, so I would be entertained for quite a while; a toothbrush; and a Surf board - Why not? I’m easily entertained, I don’t need much.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I’m one of a kind. If I had to pick I’d say Malcolm Freberg. He’s nice, but very strategic and tasteful about it.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I am never satisfied with what I’ve done. I always add things to my plate. The challenge, experience and opportunity would be gratifying. Second reason: Duh, the money.
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I’m from the Midwest, cornfed! I’m a hard worker. I don’t give up. I motivate people. I learn quickly and I am a master manipulator.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I have the brains and skills to dominate this game. I’m very strategic and determined. I interview people on a daily basis and get confessions. I will destroy this game.
Do You Consider Yourself a Brain, a Beauty or a Brawn? I would consider myself Brain and Brawn. I think I will do very well on the puzzles and dominate the physical challenges.
Who Do You Think Has the Best Chance in the Game of Survivor: Brains, Beauty or Brawn? I think a combination of all three characteristics would produce a winning Survivor.
Sarah was placed on the Aparri tribe of Brawns on Survivor: Cagayan. While in the woods, Sarah interrogated fellow police officer Tony Vlachos, asking if he was a cop. He lied to her, saying no, but Sarah did not believe this as she is a cop. After some time, Tony decided to tell the truth. They bonded and formed an alliance called Cops-R-Us. Tony lied to Sarah saying that Cliff Robinson and Lindsey Ogle were gunning for her. Tony and Sarah convinced Woo Hwang and Trish Hegarty to come into their alliance and throw the challenge to vote Cliff out, who would then be followed by Lindsey. Aparri ended up continuing their winning streak and did not have to attend a tribal council. At the team swap, Sarah was left as the only remaining Brawn still on Aparri, as all her tribemates swapped to Solana.
Sarah was thrilled when Jeff Probst told her tribe that Cliff and Lindsey had both been eliminated. When the Aparri tribe lost the challenge, Tony (on the Solana tribe) yelled "Top 5", which made Sarah feel excluded. Then came the merge where Sarah was the swing vote for both tribes. At first Sarah wanted to stick with the new Aparri tribe but Kass McQuillen questioned her loyalty which made Sarah feel insecure. Tony tried to make Sarah swear to side back with his alliance which she couldn't. Sarah became the swing vote. Kass continued to argue with Sarah which Trish saw as an opportunity. Kass and Tasha Fox asked Sarah if she was willing to send home Trish or Jefra Bland, which Sarah refused. Sarah would rather target a strong male who could possibly have an idol such as Tony or LJ McKanas. Trish and Tony realized that Sarah was no longer on their side. Trish went to talk to Kass to convince her to go with her alliance's votes.
All of the new Aparri voted Jefra while all of the new Solana voted Sarah. Kass flipped on her alliance and voted for Sarah sending her home as the first jury member and in 11th place.
At Final Tribal Council, Sarah congratulated the finalists. Sarah called out Tony for breaking their promise to not vote each other out. Sarah then asked Woo if she played the same game as Tony did, would he vote for her. Woo said if she did it without the idols, he would vote for her. Despite liking Woo and angered with Tony, Sarah voted for the latter to become the Sole Survivor.
|Sarah's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Aparri Tribe Immune|
|2||Aparri Tribe Immune|
|3||Aparri Tribe Immune|
|4||Aparri Tribe Immune|
|5||Aparri Tribe Immune|
|7||Jefra|| Jefra, Kass, LJ, |
Tony, Trish, Woo
|Voted Off, Day 19|
| Voted For|
- At the reunion, Sarah announced she is six months pregnant with her first child.
- On 22 August 2014, Sarah gave birth to her son, Knox Wade.
- In July 2015, in an interview Sarah gave her thoughts about how her former Survivor: Cagayan castmate Woo Hwang would do in Survivor: Cambodia.
- Sarah is one of two cops competing on the Aparri tribe.
- Fellow tribemate Tony Vlachos is a police officer from New Jersey.
- Sarah is from the same town as Survivor: Philippines winner Denise Stapley. However, their games went in complete opposite directions:
- Denise was the last castaway to win immunity for the first time, while Sarah was the last castaway to go to Tribal Council for the first time.
- Both Sarah and Denise were members of 11-member merged tribes with black buffs, but Denise was the Sole Survivor and Sarah was the first person voted out after the merge.
- Denise was famous for participating in every Tribal Council in her season and surviving them all to become the Sole Survivor despite generally considering herself to be in constant danger as a minority. Sarah only went to two Tribal Councils, and was voted out in the one where she considered herself to have the most power.
- The first Tribal Council after the Merge was when Denise had her first immunity of the game, whereas for Sarah the first tribal after the Merge was the one she got voted out in.
- Sarah was the only person to remain an Aparri member the entire pre-Merge phase of the game.
- Sarah went the longest without attending a Tribal Council in Survivor: Cagayan.
- Sarah is the only person named Sarah to make the Merge, as Sarah Dawson and Sarah Jones were both eliminated pre-Merge.
- Sarah is the first original Aparri female to be voted out.
- Sarah lost 7.3 lbs (3.3 kg) during her time on Survivor: Cagayan.
- Sarah is the highest ranking Survivor: Cagayan castaway to stay at only one camp.
- This is due to her remaining on the Aparri beach during the Tribe Switch and the Solarrion tribe's camp being on the same beach.
- Everyone else who remained on the same beach were pre-switch boots.
- During the reunion, Jeff mistakenly referred to Sarah's home state as Indiana instead of Iowa when addressing her. She did not correct him.
- Sarah is the only castaway to receive extreme applause when voted off.
- This was due to the circumstance though, as the rival alliance had played two hidden immunity idols on the wrong players.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/sarahlacina/status/502989667898515457
- ↑ http://insidesurvivor.com/2015/07/survivor-second-chance-sarah-lacina-talks-woo-hwang/
- ↑ "Survivor: Cagayan - Sarah Arrives At Ponderosa". SurvivorOnCBS. April 2, 2014. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JzM63jAPhY. Retrieved April 3, 2014.
|Survivor: Cagayan Castaways|