|Tribe Type||Starting Tribe|
|Day Formed||Day 1|
|Rival Tribe(s)|| ██ Chapera|
██ Mogo Mogo
|Tribe Status|| Abosrbed by Chapera|
and Mogo Mogo on Day 13
|Lowest Placing Member||Tina Wesson (18/18)|
|Highest Placing Member||Jenna Lewis (3/18)|
The tribe is best remembered for losing first two immunity challenges as opposed to their rivals, and having its members absorbed by the remaining tribes on Day 13, after which it ceased to exist (a first for Survivor, although similar instances have been implemented in later seasons, e.g. Matsing in Survivor: Philippines). Saboga's tribe color was yellow.
- » Ethan Zohn was the winner of Africa; became the one of the show's most likable winners.
- » Jenna Lewis, was popular in Borneo for not receiving her loved ones tape on the Loved Ones Challenge.
- » Jerri Manthey, from The Australian Outback the first villainess from Survivor.
- » Rudy Boesch was known in Borneo for his grumpy personality, though admired for being a retired Navy-SEAL. He was the oldest castaway to compete in his season and in the show, having competed in his first season at 72 years old.
- » Rupert Boneham, was a fan favorite in the Pearl Islands. Known for stealing shoes and his attachment to his tribe's fishing spear.
- » Tina Wesson, was known in The Australian Outback for convincing Colby Donaldson to bring her to the final two instead of Keith Famie, which eventually made her the show's first female winner.
Tribe History Edit
Saboga started the game as the most fractured of the three tribes, almost immediately dividing into three separate alliances. Rudy Boesch and Rupert Boneham were the first to join forces; Rudy knew that both men had a reputation of honesty and loyalty, so he approached Rupert to form a coalition. Jenna Lewis and Jerri Manthey bonded on their mutual distaste for the winners: Jenna L. was avidly against the idea of a former Sole Survivor winning twice, while Jerri was eager to vote off Tina, with whom she had had personality conflicts on their prior season. Finally, Ethan Zohn and Tina Wesson bonded out of a sense of necessity; as former winners, their backs were against the wall and they would be even weaker if left unaligned. In the event of a Tribal Council, it was becoming readily apparent that the Rudy-Rupert alliance would decide the outcome as the other duos targeted each other.
On day three, Saboga lost the first immunity challenge and became the first tribe to attend Tribal Council. After much lobbying from both sides, Rudy and Rupert eventually joined Jenna and Jerri. Tina was eliminated from the game in a 4-2 vote.
Ethan was now the obvious odd-man-out, and as such sought to make himself indispensable by catching fish. This led to a mild rivalry between the Africa winner and Rupert, the tribe's fisherman. Meanwhile, Saboga had a brief respite from its bad luck when it won the day four reward challenge and a gift of blankets. However, Saboga exchanged the blankets for a flint, cooking pot, and a clue to open the locked box that had been given to the tribes, containing rice. During the challenge, Rudy injured his ankle.
The tribe's winning streak was over as quickly as it had started, and Saboga lost the next immunity challenge. Despite Ethan being on the chopping block, the tribe instead chose to target Rudy, who had been ailing due to his injury. On day six, Rudy was eliminated from the game in a 3-2 vote.
Rupert took charge of the tribe when the next reward challenge tasked the tribes with building a shelter using a tool kit provided with Tree Mail. Rupert and Jerri clashed over the proposed idea—digging down into the sand and building a log cabin around the gap—but Jerri backed down and the tribe went ahead with the idea. The project was largely considered a failure, losing the challenge decisively and being completely destroyed during a subsequent tropical storm. The storm rocked the morale of the tribe—particularly Jerri, who found it difficult to recover. On day ten, the paltry tribe of four finally escaped from their losing streak, placing second at the subsequent Reward Challenge, and later finished first at the day twelve Immunity Challenge.
When the day thirteen reward challenge asked the castaways to build a bamboo raft, Rupert sought to redeem himself after the shelter fiasco by constructing a decent raft. Instead, Saboga lost for the final time: having lost the reward challenge, the Saboga tribe was dissolved. Ethan and Jerri joined Mogo Mogo, and Rupert and Jenna L. joined Chapera.
On day twenty-six, the newly merged Chaboga Mogo tribe (including former Saboga members Jenna L. and Rupert) returned to Saboga beach. They lived on the beach for the remainder of the game's duration.
- In terms of distribution of castaways per season, Saboga was the least diverse tribe on Survivor: All-Stars: four of its six members came from either Borneo or The Australian Outback. However, Saboga was also home to Rupert Boneham, the lone representative from Survivor: Pearl Islands and Ethan Zohn the winner of Survivor: Africa.
- During a letter-writing activity that was not seen on the edited show, Chapera's Alicia Calaway sent Saboga a letter warning them of a potential alliance comprised of former Survivor: Africa castaways. Alicia wrote the letter with her left hand to make her handwriting unidentifiable.
- Saboga's Rupert and Jenna L. are the only two castaways to have been on every Survivor: All-Stars tribe. They started the game on Saboga, were absorbed by Chapera on day thirteen, were swapped to Mogo Mogo on day twenty-two, and became part of the merged Chaboga Mogo on day twenty-six.
- All six Saboga members were voted off in back-to-back pairs. Tina and Rudy were the first two eliminated; Ethan and Jerri were booted eighth and ninth respectively just before the merge; and Rupert and Jenna L. both made the final four before leaving in 4th and 3rd place respectively.
- Saboga was the first tribe to be nonexistent long before a merge.
- Saboga is the first tribe to be absorbed, followed by Ulong of Survivor: Palau and Matsing of Survivor: Philippines.
- Saboga is very similar to Matsing.
- Both tribes appeared on seasons featuring three starting tribes.
- Both tribes lost the first two Immunity Challenges.
- Both tribes were dissolved and had its members scattered between the remaining two tribes, giving the other two tribes seven members each.
- Both had two members, a man and a woman, enter the merge.
- The merged tribe used the abandoned campsite of the dissolved tribe
- Both members made it to the final four, where the male member was unanimously voted off.
- Saboga is the fourth yellow tribe.
- Saboga is the first tribe to be dissolved.
- Saboga is the sixth tribe to have its lowest and highest placing members be women.
- All of Saboga's female members were voted out on Day 38 at some point in their Survivor career. Jenna in All-Stars, Jerri in Heroes vs Villains and Tina in Blood vs Water.
- In addition, Rudy was voted out on Day 38 in Borneo.
- Coincidentally, it happened alphabetically and in the reverse order of their eliminations.
- Saboga is Ethan Zohn and Jenna Lewis's second yellow-colored starting tribe , following Boran and Pagong respectively.