|Birth Date||January 27, 1964|
|Occupation||Troubled Teens mentor|
► Mogo Mogo
With his trademark long beard, tie-dyed shirt, and signature victory cry, Boneham is considered by fans to be one of the show's most popular castaways. Rupert is one of the only two contestants to compete four times on Survivor. He is also the only contestant to win $1,000,000 via public vote, an event which sparked much controversy.
In Blood vs. Water, Rupert became notable for being the second four-time Survivor player and the only contestant to switch places with their Loved One on Redemption Island. This move proved to be fatal, as he ended up being the first person eliminated that season despite never receiving a single vote.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Born in Detroit, Rupert Boneham moved with his parents at a young age to Indiana where he eventually attended Haworth High School in Kokomo. He then moved to Texas to study nursing at Cisco Junior College and San Angelo University. Boneham currently resides in Indianapolis, where he works as a vocational and clinical mentor for troubled teens. He previously worked as a gravedigger and a bartender. His hobbies include scuba diving, camping and coin collecting. His favorite sport is racquetball. He describes himself as strong, smart and brave. He is most proud of becoming independent/self-employed and being able to care for his family while not having to live the "Nine-To-Five" world. He believes his competitive advantages on SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS are his ability to be a team player, hunter and gatherer, camper and all-around survivor. Boneham is married to his wife, Laura, and they have one daughter, Raya.
Since finishing eighth on SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS, Rupert Boneham has been preparing for his second chance to become the Sole Survivor.
Born in Detroit, Rupert moved with his parents at a young age to Indiana where he eventually attended Haworth High School in Kokomo. He then moved to Texas to study nursing at Cisco Junior College and San Angelo University. He currently resides in Indianapolis, where he works as a vocational and clinical mentor for troubled teens. He also drives camera trucks for college football during the season. He previously worked as a gravedigger and a bartender. His hobbies include scuba diving, camping and coin collecting. His favorite sport is racquetball. He describes himself as strong, smart and brave. He is proudest of becoming independent/self-employed and being able to care for his family while not having to live in the nine-to-five world.
Rupert and his wife, Laura have one four-year-old daughter, Raya. His birth date is January 27, 1964.
Heroes vs. Villains
Rupert Boneham (45)
Hometown: Indianapolis, Ind.
Current Residence: Indianapolis, Ind.
Personal Claim To Fame: "Starting my charity."
Inspiration in Life: "Life is Good. Be You. Give Back."
Previous Finishes: Pearl Islands: 8th out, 2nd Jury Member; All-Stars: 15th Out, 6th Jury Member
Favorite Past Moment: "When Jeff Probst was writing a million dollar check on my back on my daughter's 5th birthday and having millions of fans help me win that."
Previous Survivor He Respects Most: Rudy Boesch (Borneo, All-Stars)
Previous Survivor He Respects Least: Jonny Fairplay (Pearl Islands, Micronesia)
Why Did He Come Back?: "I LOVE THE GAME!"
Blood vs. Water
Name (Age): Rupert Boneham (49)
Tribe Designation: Galang
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Laura's Husband
Previous Season: Survivor: Pearl Islands – 2nd jury member; Survivor: All-Stars – 6th jury member, won $1 million for fan favorite; Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains – 7th jury member
Current Residence: Indianapolis, Ind.
Occupation: Mentor for Troubled Teens
Why Did You Want to Return to Survivor and Play with Your Loved One? Survivor has been one of the most exciting experiences in my life. And to have the chance to share that with my wife is amazing. To have Laura out there on the island with me, we will have the chance to share one of the greatest adventures one can have. You can describe what Survivor is like, but until you've lived it, it is hard to understand. To be able to go out and play with my best friend will be a dream come true. 
Survivor: Pearl Islands
Regarded as the likeable pirate, Rupert began his time on Survivor as part of the Drake Tribe. Upon arrival at the local fishing village to obtain supplies for their time at camp, he noticed that the rival Morgan tribe had left their raft, which contained their shoes, unattended.
|“||Everything that was in their raft, I took. I've always said I'll lie, cheat, and steal to win this game. There's my stealing. I stole for the Drake.||”|
Using these items to help boost their chances in securing more goods, Drake benefited from a more luxurious camp. After enjoying much success with their continuous victories, Boneham became the target of Burton Roberts and Jonny Fairplay after he fashioned a makeshift sarong, much to their enjoyment. Despite all this, Rupert became the resident fisherman, which kept him in good steed with the rest of his team he was never put up for the chopping block.
During the events of “Pick a Castaway... Any Castaway”, Boneham was kidnapped by Morgan and joined his rivals at their camp. Surprised by his work ethic, Morgan briefly flourished and came together with Rupert as the catalyst - although when he was offered the opportunity to switch tribes he rejected the proposal and became a member of Drake once again. Although he did not obtain Tribal Immunity with his original side, Rupert remained in a solid position, but after the elimination of Trish Dunn, he was upset to learn that Fairplay had voted against him, and confronted the art dealer at camp.
|“||You're starting this s***!||”|
–Rupert (to Fairplay)
After the outburst, Boneham apologized for his actions and stated that the team will be stronger after these events. When The Outcasts returned to compete in a challenge to win the opportunity to return, Drake lost, with Boneham and his alliance voting out Shawn Cohen, and then having Burton return back to camp shortly afterwards.
Upon merging the next day, Rupert opted to name the tribe Balboa after a small pet snake which everybody accepted. Due to Lillian Morris originally becoming outcasted by the Morgan tribe, led by Andrew Savage, she became the crucial swing vote in destroying the Morgan voting bloc. He enjoyed the next six days under the protection of Individual Immunity, but it was short-lived, as Rupert was deemed too likeable and blindsided by the former Outcasts, the remaining Morgan women, and Fairplay, finishing as the second member of the jury.
Rupert voted for his friend and ally Sandra Diaz-Twine to win the game.
|Rupert's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Drake Tribe Immune|
|2||Drake Tribe Immune|
|3||Drake Tribe Immune|
|4||Kidnapped by Morgan1|
|9||Ryan O.||Individual Immunity|
|10||Darrah|| Burton, Darrah, Jon,|
|Voted Off, Day 27|
| Voted for|
^1 In Pick a Castaway... Any Castaway, Rupert was kidnapped by the Morgan tribe, granting him immunity from Drake's Tribal Council.
^2 In What the...? (Part 2), Burton originally won immunity, but gave it to Rupert during Tribal Council.
Rupert returned as an All-Star in Survivor: All-Stars. He was placed on the yellow Saboga tribe. Early on Rupert made a strong alliance with Rudy Boesch, seeing him as a father figure. Both pairs of Jenna/Jerri and Ethan/Tina relied on Rupert's vote to vote off either Jenna or Tina at the ensuing Tribal Council. Both of them joined Jenna Lewis's alliance to get rid of the past winners Tina Wesson and Ethan Zohn. At the first Tribal Council on Day 3 their alliance successfully eliminated Tina.
Saboga continued losing, attending the second Tribal Council. Although the original plan was to eliminate Ethan, the alliance targeted Rudy for his weakness and injured foot. Rupert pleaded to the alliance to vote out Ethan, refusing to vote for Rudy. Unfortunately for Rupert, the rest of the alliance and Ethan decided Rudy was too much of a burden and he was blindsided in a 3-2 vote.
Luckily for Rupert, Saboga remained safe when Mogo Mogo member Jenna Morasca quit the game on Day 9. On Day 12 Saboga finally won immunity keeping Rupert safe for another three days. After the Day 13 Reward Challenge Saboga was dissolved. Rupert and Jenna were sent to Chapera, while Jerri Manthey and Ethan joined Mogo Mogo. Rupert and Jenna quickly joined Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich's alliance.
While on Chapera Rupert did not have to visit Tribal Council, only losing a member on Day 17 when Susan Hawk quit. Rupert enjoyed safety throughout the pre-merge stage of the game. On Day 23 the tribes expected a merge but were shocked when Jeff revealed there was going to be a Tribe switch. Rupert along with the other members of the Chapera tribe were all switched to Mogo Mogo.
After the two tribes merged into Chaboga Mogo Rupert stuck with Rob's alliance and eliminated Lex van den Berghe and Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien in the first two Tribal Council's. On the Day 30, after the intended target Shii Ann Huang won immunity Rob convinced his alliance to vote out Alicia Calaway. When Shii Ann failed to win immunity Rupert voted with his alliance and eliminated her.
At the final five, Tom Buchanan became the swing vote between Rupert and Jenna's alliance and Rob and Amber's alliance. Not wanting to force a tie, Rupert and the other three blindsided Tom. When Amber won the final four Immunity Challenge, Rob and Amber aimed to vote out Rupert, while Rupert aimed to oust Rob. Jenna decided to betray her original alliance with Rupert and he was sent to the jury in a 3-1 vote.
At the Final Tribal Council, Rupert asked the finalist what they did to make it to the final two and why he should vote for them. Amber said it was by playing the game day by day. She stated she had she many obstacles like the tribe switch and had never lost focus. Rob said that Rupert was a man of his word. Rupert chuckled and thanked the finalists. In the end, Rupert respected Rob's game play more than Amber's so he cast his jury vote for Rob to win the million.
|Rupert's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||No Tribal Council|
|4||Saboga Tribe Immune|
|5||Chapera Tribe Immune|
|6||No Tribal Council|
|7||Chapera Tribe Immune|
|8||Chapera Tribe Immune|
|10||Mogo Mogo Tribe Immune|
|16||Rob M.|| Amber, Jenna L.,|
|Voted Off, Day 37|
| Voted for|
Survivor: America's Tribal Council
At the finale of Survivor: All-Stars, viewers were given the opportunity in a contest called "America Votes", to select one of the eighteen contestants to win one million dollars. The finalists were Rupert Boneham, Colby Donaldson, Tom Buchanan, and Rob Mariano. Rupert won the million dollars, receiving 85% of the 38 million votes cast. He spent his prize money on his family's debts, a college fund for his daughter, a new house for his family, and the creation of his charity, Rupert's Kids, which mentors troubled children.
Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Rupert's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Heroes Tribe Immune|
|7||Heroes Tribe Immune|
|8||Heroes Tribe Immune|
|9||Heroes Tribe Immune|
|13|| || Jerri, Parvati,|
|Voted Off, Day 36|
| Voted for|
^1 In Going Down in Flames, Parvati used a Hidden Immunity Idol on Jerri, negating Rupert's vote against her.
^2 In Loose Lips Sink Ships, Sandra used a Hidden Immunity Idol, negating Rupert's vote against her.
Survivor: Blood vs. Water
Rupert arrived to play the game for a fourth time with his wife, Laura Boneham. After Laura was the first contestant voted out of the game on Day 1 due to her tribe trying to weaken Rupert, he decided to go to Redemption Island in place of his wife, who took his place on the Galang Tribe. On Redemption Island with Candice Cody, Rupert attempted to preserve his energy by not doing any work, saying he had worked his butt off for his tribe in the past and that's why he didn't have energy for Individual Immunity Challenges. The two were joined by Marissa Peterson on the night of Day 3, and competed in their first duel on Day 4; Rupert was in second the majority of the way until his stack fell over near the end, allowing Marissa to catch up causing Rupert to come in last place in the duel and be the first person eliminated from the season, placing 20th.
|Statistics of Rupert Boneham|
|Total number of days||104|
|Total votes received||21|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||3|
|Rupert's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|Switched, Day 11|
|1||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 4|
^1 In “Blood Is Thicker than Anything”, Rupert was given the opportunity to switch with his wife, Laura B., after she was voted out from her tribe, which he accepted, sending himself to Redemption Island.
- After being awarded one million dollars on Survivor: America's Tribal Council, Boneham used a large percentage of his winnings to establish Rupert's Kids, to help "at-risk teens" in his hometown. The organization joined with the City of Indianapolis to create the Park Adoption Program.
- Shortly after his Survivor appearances, Boneham briefly appeared at promotional appearances for the Hardee's restaurant chain. In 2004 he appeared as a stable hand named "Paul" in The Big My Little Pony Episode, the third season premiere of the TV series Half & Half. In 2006, he appeared in the independent movie Open Mic'rs. He also made a cameo appearance as a homeless man in The Radford Reshuffle, the sixth season premiere of the show Yes, Dear.
- In 2005, Rupert appeared as a contestant in a Castaway Special episode of Family Feud, where he competed with Jon Dalton, Richard Hatch, Rudy Boesch, and Ethan Zohn. The five competed against Shii Ann Huang, Susan Hawk, Tijuana Bradley, Christa Hastie, and Jenna Morasca.
- In 2008, Rupert appeared on the Canadian show Reality Obsessed.
- In 2009, Rupert appeared in the Israeli version of Survivor, Survivor 10: Philippine Islands, as part of a Reward Challenge.
- On January 9, 2010, Rupert attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party along with all of his Heroes vs. Villains cast mates.
- In February 2010, Rupert appeared on Late Show with David Letterman as Top Ten List Presenter #1 along with nine of his Heroes vs. Villains cast mates.
- In fall of 2010, Rupert appeared in a "Stand Up 2 Cancer" commercial along with Colby Donaldson, Ethan Zohn, Rob Mariano, and Parvati Shallow.
- On December 19, 2010, Rupert was seen in the audience attending the Survivor: Nicaragua reunion. Though Jeff didn't speak with him, Jeff mentioned him along with Cirie Fields, also at the reunion, as examples explaining how Redemption Island for the upcoming season would work.
- In 2011, Rupert developed a casino game called Rupert's Island Draw, which was featured at Golden Nugget Casino in Las Vegas.
- In 2012, Rupert ran for Governor of Indiana as a Libertarian, but lost to Republican candidate Mike Pence, receiving 4% of the vote.
- Rupert, along with Tina Wesson, Rob Mariano, Cirie Fields, Woo Hwang, Natalie Anderson, Jeremy Collins, Kelley Wentworth, and Joe Anglim, competed on a Survivor edition of The Price Is Right primetime special in 2016. Rupert and his partner, Jessica, were unable to win their pricing game and failed to make it to the Showcase Showdown.
- Rupert is the first contestant from the state of Indiana. He was the only one until his wife, Laura participated in Blood vs. Water.
- Rupert is the first contestant to be kidnapped by another tribe.
- Rupert went the longest time without visiting Tribal Council in Pearl Islands. He, along with the rest of the Drake tribe, was immune from the first three Tribal Councils, which were all attended by the Morgan tribe, then when Drake attended their first Tribal Council, Rupert was kidnapped by the Morgan tribe, meaning he did not attend that Tribal Council.
- Rupert gotten the most confessionals in Pearl Islands with 59. This makes him the first castaway to get the most confessionals of an season without reaching the season's finale episode.
- Rupert was the first contestant from Pearl Islands to become a Returning Player. He was followed by Jon Dalton, Sandra Diaz-Twine, and Andrew Savage.
- Rupert is the first contestant to compete in back-to-back seasons. He was followed by Bobby Jon Drinkard, Stephenie LaGrossa, Amanda Kimmel, James Clement, Russell Hantz, Malcolm Freberg, Joe Anglim, and Shirin Oskooi.
- On Survivor: All-Stars, Rupert, along with Jenna Lewis was part of every single tribe. Starting on the Saboga tribe, he was placed on the Chapera tribe when Saboga was dissolved. Later in the game, he was placed on the Mogo Mogo tribe as part of a tribe switch. He made the merge and was a member of Chaboga Mogo.
- Rupert and Jenna Lewis used to hold the record for most days without attending Tribal Council. In Survivor: All-Stars, they attended the first two Tribal Councils (on Days 3 and 6), and from Day 7 they didn't lose an Immunity Challenge until the merge. The next time they went to Tribal Council was Day 27, which means they didn't attend it for a record 21 days.
- Rupert has won the most money out of the winners of the Fan Favorite Award, with $1,000,000. Subsequent fan favorite winners Cirie Fields and Ozzy Lusth won a car. Starting with James Clement in Survivor: China, all fan favorites earn $100,000.
- Rupert is the first male castaway to have his torch snuffed three times and the second overall after Cirie Fields.
- Rupert is the first and only contestant to be a member of the jury in three different seasons.
- Rupert is tied with Rob Mariano for highest number of tribe affiliations with nine.
- Rupert is one of five contestants to make the merge three times (the others are Ozzy Lusth, Parvati Shallow, Amanda Kimmel, and Rob Mariano).
- Rupert, along with Jerri Manthey, Rob Mariano, and Tyson Apostol were the only returning players to never participate in a Survivor Auction, either not having one in their seasons or not lasting long enough to be in one.
- Rupert is one of only five returning contestants to play more than 100 days playing the game, along Amanda Kimmel (108), Parvati Shallow (114), Ozzy Lusth (104), and Rob Mariano (117). Rupert's 100th day was on his last day on Heroes vs. Villains (Day 36).
- Rupert is the only one of these five to not make it to the Final Tribal Council
- Rupert was on a blue tribe at one point in his first three seasons.
- Rupert is so far the only player to vote for the same person in two different Final Tribal Councils. In both Pearl Islands and Heroes vs. Villains, he voted for Sandra Diaz-Twine to win.
- Rupert, along with Colby Donaldson, Jerri Manthey, Tina Wesson, Rob Mariano, and Coach Wade are the only six castaways to compete in seasons with 16, 18 and 20 castaways.
- Rupert lost 30 lbs. during his time on Heroes vs. Villains.
- Rupert is the first contestant to live at Redemption Island without getting voted off, due to switching with his wife.
- He is the fourth castaway to place last in a season while never have a single vote cast against him (after Jonathan Libby and Wanda Shirk of Survivor: Palau, and Kourtney Moon of Survivor: One World).
- He is the second person to intentionally send themselves to Redemption Island with the intention of eliminating the current inhabitant and returning to the game, following Ozzy Lusth from Survivor: South Pacific.
- He is the fourth castaway to be eliminated not through medical evacuation or quitting, without receiving any votes cast against him during a season (after Paschal English, Jonathan Libby, and Wanda Shirk).
- Rupert is the first contestant to be eliminated from the game on Day 4.
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/rupertfredrick.boneham
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/20707/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/20513/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/39406/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/214728/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJoMUfCWGJQ
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snxawv6azi8
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ5_o4vGO6g
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1599664/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-etT2QeCOsI
- ↑ http://parade.com/472671/joshwigler/survivor-big-brother-amazing-race-the-price-is-right-photos/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zguryBwlc4E
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDq2CTOlGyc
|Survivor: Pearl Islands Castaways|
|Survivor: All-Stars Castaways|
|Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains Castaways|
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water Castaways|