Murlonio at Tribal Council.
|Episode Number:||10/14 (310)|
|Original Release:||April 20, 2011|
|Viewership (in millions):||11.02|
|Previous:||“The Buddy System”|
|Next:||“A Mystery Package”|
Rice Wars is the tenth episode of Survivor: Redemption Island.
Challenge: House of Cards
The three castaways would use 150 wooden tiles to build a house of cards. The first two castaways to build a tower to a height of 8 feet (2.4 m) would remain in the game.
Winners (in order of finish): Matt Elrod and Mike Chiesl
| Redemption Island|
David & Mike
|Duel: House of Cards|
Challenge: Mayan Pizza
The castaways would compete to finish a multi-stage puzzle. The castaways would start by running around a post in order to spin off a disk that would be used as a puzzle base. They would then solve a puzzle that would fit within the base. The first six castaways that finish their puzzle would move on to the next round. In the final round, the completed base would be at the center of a second puzzle. The first castaway to finish their second puzzle would win.
Winner: Rob Mariano
|Immunity Challenge: Mayan Pizza|
|Round||Round 2||Round 1|
Andrea, Grant, Julie, Ralph, & Steve
Ashley, Natalie, & Phillip
| Tribal Council 11:|
Julie (6 votes)
Andrea, Ashley, Grant, Natalie, Phillip, & Rob
Phillip (3 votes)
Julie, Ralph, & Steve
| VOTED OFF:|
(sent to Redemption Island)
Phillip is shown writing Julie's name on the parchment.
|“||(voting for Phillip) I hope you find peace in your heart some day, brother. There's no prejudice involved with the crazy comment.||”|
|“||(voting for Phillip) It's got nothing to do with the color of your skin, Phil. You are one crazy dude.||”|
|“||(voting for Phillip) Phillip, I hope you have a great night on Redemption Island with the underwear and your two feathers.||”|
|“||I saw Redemption Island as a chance to further myself in the game. Unfortunately, uh, my plan didn't work, uh, as well as I would like for it to have. I think this has given me a really fresh outlook and determination to tackle everything I want to do and just, uh, very appreciative for that.||”|
Still in the Running
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || || || |
- This episode featured the first three-way Redemption Island duel.
- By the end of the episode, Phillip was tied with Survivor: Cook Islands' Jonathan Penner for the record of most votes received throughout the season, with 15.
- This episode marked the first time in 6 episodes that a male player has been eliminated from Survivor: Redemption Island.
- The House of Cards duel was a throwback of the challenge used in “Say Goodbye to Gabon” and “Jumping Ship”.
- The same challenge would later be used in a duel on Survivor: Blood vs. Water.
- This episode was nominated for Outstanding Cinematography for Reality Programming at the 63rd Emmy Awards.
- The episode title is said by both Grant Mattos and Rob Mariano as they sing about the food situation at Murlonio camp.
|Survivor: Redemption Island Episodes|
“You're Looking at the New Leader of Your Tribe” · “You Own My Vote” · “Keep Hope Alive” · “Don't You Work for Me?” · “We Hate Our Tribe” · “Their Red-Headed Stepchild” · “It Don't Take a Smart One” · “This Game Respects Big Moves” · “The Buddy System” · “Rice Wars” · “A Mystery Package” · “You Mangled My Nets” · “Too Close for Comfort” · “Seems Like a No Brainer”