|Born:||March 31, 1959|
|Hometown:|| Eagle Rock, Missouri;|
|Heroes vs. Villains|
With his gruff and grumpy exterior and apparent hatred for everyone and everything, Randy competed on Survivor: Gabon and Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, where he was placed on the Villains tribe. Randy is a self described wedding videographer who hates love. He is remembered most for playing a fake Hidden Immunity Idol the same night he was eliminated (much to the joy of his enemies).
Retrieved from CBS.com
Randy Bailey wants to be personally responsible for crushing the hopes and dreams of all other contestants with delusions of winning the game of SURVIVOR. He considers himself a ruthless bully who enjoys picking on those that were not blessed with his strength or intellect.
Randy describes himself as angry, blunt, mean and sarcastic (yet charming), and admits he's a train wreck. Bailey declares he has no living relatives besides an older brother, from whom he hasn't heard from in years. He says he has never met a person who didn't eventually disappoint him. The only "person" he has ever loved was his recently deceased black Labrador mix, Johnson, with whom he lived for 13 years.
His biggest pet peeves are cell phones and overly religious people, and he says he doesn't allow either in his home or car.
Bailey's hobbies include scuba diving, marathon running and triathlons, including competing twice in the Hawaiian Ironman. Despite having competed in over 100 triathlons, he claims that he has not been off the couch in years. Instead, he now enjoys his nightly hot tub with a scotch on the rocks. He is also a private pilot, enjoys watching football and occasionally plays golf.
Bailey's primary motivation for being on the show is to be hungry, tired, dirty and smelly. He also says he needs a long vacation where he will not be hassled with the mundane issues of his boring life. He's a SURVIVOR purist and guarantees he will win if the game is not "poisoned" with too many twists.
Bailey is currently single and lives on a lake in rural southwest Missouri. Randy recently moved from Plano, Texas where he lived for 20 years and still claims to be a Texan at heart. He plans on returning there after he wins the million. He has an engineering degree from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, but chooses to work as a wedding videographer where he can set his own schedule.His birth date is March 31, 1959.
Randy Bailey (50)
Randy Bailey was selected by Matty Whitmore to be on the Fang tribe. He decided to add Dan Kay to Fang, saying that they needed a suit. Fang was much weaker than Kota. Randy became annoyed very quickly with Gillian Larson due to her cheery personality. He also viewed her as useless to the tribe. At Fang's first Tribal Council, Randy agreed with send the negative Michelle Chase home over the weak Gillian. Fang lost the next two challenges. Randy was happy to he was able to vote out Gillian. Also at the Tribal Council, the tribe elected G.C. Brown the leader. However, he quit the position. Fang made a comeback and won the next two challenges.
Fang was running out of rice and Randy wanted to make so they eat one meal a day. Randy knew that GC, Crystal Cox, and Ken Hoang was against him because they ignored him. He was also friendly with Dan, Matty, and Susie Smith. They all deemed GC as 'cancer' and decided he would be the next to go. On Day 10, the tribes was asked to rank each person based on how important they are. Randy was deemed the third most important person. Randy didn't care as it didn't show alliances. A Tribe Switch occurred, and the most important people from each tribe, Matty and Marcus Lehman, would start the process. Randy was selected by Charlie Herschel to be on the new Kota. When it was his turn, Randy picked Corinne Kaplan. Randy informed her that GC is negative and will make the tribe with him lose. The talk worked and Corinne chose Susie to be on the tribe. Randy scored all the goals to ensure the new tribe winning immunity, that would become the start of a winning streak. Randy enjoyed winning and seeing Fang suffer. During this time, Randy joined the Onion Alliance. The next challenge was for individual immunity as both tribes went to Tribal Council. Randy made it to the second round of the challenge, but was eliminated by Charlie. At Tribal Council, Randy voted against Susie as she was the weakest. However, the tribe was concerned about Dan possibly having a Hidden Immunity Idol, so he was voted out instead.
On Day 21, everyone headed to what was thought to be a merge feast. Randy noticed a box and he assumed it would end the fun. There was also a note that was a clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol. Randy didn't need the note to tell him that the idol was hidden under a sagging tree branch. Everyone decided to throw the idol into ocean. Randy felt like the king of Gabon because he believed that he convinced everyone to disposed of the idol. The box, instead of announcing the merge, announced another tribe switch. Randy ended up on Fang, along with Matty, Corinne, Charlie and Sugar Kiper. Randy was worried about Susie flipping because he viewed her as "stupid and crazy". Matty won Fang immunity. Randy's fears was confirmed when they noticed that Marcus was voted out.
At the next Immunity Challenge, the tribe officially merged. Randy deflected back to Kota, but no one was able to get anyone to flip. Charlie was the one voted out. At the Survivor Auction, Randy spent all of his money on many items. Bob was exiled by Ken. Randy brought the last item, which was cookies that he had to share with the tribe. Sugar gave his last cookie to Matty, this irritated him. Randy was drunk from the wine and beer. Randy decided to make the others lives miserable so they would vote for him. Then, Randy would used the Idol that he believed Bob had found and blindside Susie in revenge for flipping on them. Bob gave him an Idol. At Tribal Council, the plan appeared to work and Randy gave the idol to Jeff. However, the idol was fake, leaving Randy dumbfounded. Randy was voted out in a 5-3 vote.
At the Final Tribal Council, Randy demanded to know why Bob gave him a fake idol. He also asked Sugar why she laughed at him when he got the fake idol and made it clear that he didn't want to vote for Susie. In the end, Randy voted for Bob to win. When he cast his jury vote, he said "All three of you, Kiss my ******".
|Randy's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Fang Tribe Immune|
|4||Kota Tribe Immune|
|5||Kota Tribe Immune|
|6||Kota Tribe Immune|
|8||Fang Tribe Immune|
|10||Susie|| Crystal, Ken, Matty,|
|Voted Off, Day 30|
| Voted for|
Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains
|Statistics of Randy Bailey|
|Total number of days||38|
|Total votes received||14|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||N/A|
Randy was put on the Villains tribe for being memorable for hating everyone and anyone he met. Randy was considered the weakest member of his tribe due to him being the oldest of the tribe. This weakness was seen in the Day 1 Reward Challenge against J.T. Thomas and James Clement in the Day 8 combined Reward/Immunity Challenge. Randy was in awe when Rob Mariano created fire for his tribe without any flint.
Despite Randy's physical setbacks, he found a notable amount of food for his tribe, although it was not appreciated by many, to his dismay. Facing their first Tribal Council in Day 8, Randy campaigned for the elimination of former winner Parvati Shallow, who he viewed as dangerous and had the most relationships among the cast. In the end, Randy's lobbying failed and was eliminated in an unanimous 9-1 vote. It seemed likely that Randy knew he was leaving since he didn't even bother to vote Parvati and claiming in his last words that he knew his message fell on deaf ears. Before leaving, a furious Randy threw his buff at the fire pit, becoming the first person to do that.
|Randy's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Villains Tribe Immune|
|2||Villains Tribe Immune|
|3||Rob|| Coach, Courtney, Danielle, Jerri,|
Parvati, Rob, Russell, Sandra, Tyson
|Voted Off, Day 8|
- On January 9, 2010, Randy attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party along with all of his Gabon and Heroes vs. Villains cast mates.
- In both seasons he was in, Randy started on a red tribe.
- Randy in Gabon became the third castaway to be on one tribe, be swapped to another, and be swapped back to his original tribe before the merge.
- The first two are Survivor: Cook Islands castaways Candice Cody (Woodcock at the time) and Jonathan Penner, who accepted the offer to mutiny in that season. Therefore, he is the only person out of the 10 castaways who made the second tribe switch to not be on either Fang or Kota two times in a row.
- He would later be followed by Abi-Maria Gomes, Joe Anglim, Keith Nale, Kelly Wiglesworth, Spencer Bledsoe, Tasha Fox, and Woo Hwang, all in Survivor: Cambodia.
- Randy holds the single-season record for the most consecutive tribal challenges won, winning ten in a row in Gabon.
- In “The Brains Behind Everything”, for the second time Jeff Probst did not know who a vote was for and had to ask who cast it and who they voted for. Randy had voted for "C.C" Crystal Cox.
- Randy is the third castaway (and the first male castaway) to play a fake Hidden Immunity Idol at Tribal Council.
- Randy is the only original Fang member that voted for Bob Crowley to be the Sole Survivor.
- Randy's jury vote for Bob is the only time that he wrote a man's name down in Gabon; he only voted against women in Gabon.
- Randy is also the only voter for Bob who was on Kota only once.
- In the Gabon reunion, Jeff Probst revealed that when all of Gabon's castaways took an IQ test before taping, Randy had the 2nd highest score.
- Randy is the only member of the original Fang tribe to return to another season.
- During pre-game interviews for Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, it was revealed by Jeff Probst that if Randy had reached the Loved Ones Challenge in Survivor: Gabon, nobody would have been there to see him. The challenge took place the cycle after his elimination.
- Randy was the oldest castaway in Heroes vs. Villains.
- In an interview after his elimination, Randy had stated that he lost his original Villains buff. The production team provided a new one and warned him against losing it in the future - hence the reason he threw it in the fire pit. He is currently the only castaway that did not participate in a Redemption Island season to throw their buff in the fire after their elimination.
- Counting each castaways' best finish in a season, Randy tied with Tyson Apostol, Candice Cody, and Jerri Manthey for lowest ranking returning player going into Heroes vs. Villains.
- Randy is the first returning player who failed to accumulate a total of 39 days between multiple seasons.
- Randy is the only member of the Villains tribe to have never reached Day 38 in any season he participated in. Coincidentally, he spent 38 days on Survivor between his two seasons.
- Randy and Jerri Manthey are the only members of the Villains tribe to never reach a Final Tribal Council.
|Survivor: Gabon Castaways|
|Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains Castaways|