|Born:||January 20, 1971|
|Hometown:||Edison, New Jersey|
Ramona Marvinia Gray is a contestant from Survivor: Borneo.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Ramona is a research chemist whose company works to fit together chemical compounds that may potentially unlock combinations that will be used to develop disease-fighting drugs.
Growing up in a single parent home in Hampton, Virginia, Ramona credits her mother for helping her live up to her potential. In 1993, Ramona received a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry from Howard University in Washington, D.C. Continuing her studies at Howard, she received her Masters of Science degree in chemistry in 1997.
Ramona describes herself as independent, out-going and meticulous. In her spare time, she enjoys skydiving, kick-boxing, basketball, martial arts (she has a black belt in karate) and basically any other form of activity that gives her a good workout. She is a fan of the television show "ER" and the feature film "The Matrix." Ramona musical interests include gospel, jazz, pop, r&b, classical and rap.
Ramona currently resides in Edison, New Jersey. She is a member of the American Chemical Society and Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. She regularly attends the First Baptist Church of Lincoln Gardens in Somerset, New Jersey. Her birth date is January 20, 1971.
Gray entered the competition with little camping experience. This reflected on her stay in the game by being reluctant to eat rats for lunch. Eventually, she liked it and did not became hesitant of eating another rat.
Island life took its toll on Ramona, who had been visibly pale and sick early on, though she tried to recover by doing well in the Day 12 Immunity Challenge. She was not very social in the game as a result, but did have a bond with Gervase Peterson. Despite this, Pagong lost, thus sending them to their second Tribal Council. That same night, the tribe agreed that Ramona's newfound vigor was too little, too late. She was eliminated in a 4-2-1 vote.
|Ramona's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Pagong Tribe Immune|
|3||Pagong Tribe Immune|
|4||Colleen|| Colleen, Gretchen,|
|Voted Off, Day 12|
- In January 2001, Ramona appeared as the Challenge Mayor in The fourth season of The Challenge (then called Real World/Road Rules Extreme Challenge) for the first two episodes. Ramona would return for the finale in May as the Challenge Mayor.
- On May 10, 2001, Ramona appeared on a Survivor edition of The Weakest Link along with Borneo castaways Richard Hatch, Susan Hawk, Sean Kenniff, Gretchen Cordy, and Joel Klug. Ramona won the game beating Gretchen in the end, winning $32,000 for her charity.
- Ramona was among the guests who attended the Survivor 10th anniversary party on January 9, 2010.
- In an interview, Ramona revealed that she got married in 2009 and had a son in 2011.
- Her luxury item was a journal.
- Ramona and Gervase Peterson are the first contestants from the state of New Jersey and first African-American contestants.
- Ramona was the first castaway to sit out of a challenge.
- In an SurvivorOz interview, Ramona revealed her least favorite season was Survivor: Africa because it was hard for her to watch the castaways suffer from dehydration, while her favorite was Survivor: Marquesas because of Vecepia Towery, who played what Ramona believed was a straight up game. 
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/20776/
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0683810/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0683813/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0278232/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEr-62CFax8
- ↑ http://cdn.zencast.fm/download/media/395/b3e04c5b-793f-4f20-9d4e-6312a8a49068.mp3
- ↑ http://survivoroz.com/2012/07/31/ramona-gray-interview/
|Survivor: Borneo Castaways|