|Birth Date||January 20, 1971|
|Hometown||Edison, New Jersey|
Ramona Marvinia Gray is a contestant from Survivor: Borneo.
Ramona is a research chemist whose company works to fit together chemical compounds that may potentially unlock combinations that will be used to develop disease-fighting drugs.
Growing up in a single parent home in Hampton, Virginia, Ramona credits her mother for helping her live up to her potential. In 1993, Ramona received a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry from Howard University in Washington, D.C. Continuing her studies at Howard, she received her Masters of Science degree in chemistry in 1997.
Ramona describes herself as independent, out-going and meticulous. In her spare time, she enjoys skydiving, kick-boxing, basketball, martial arts (she has a black belt in karate) and basically any other form of activity that gives her a good workout. She is a fan of the television show "ER" and the feature film "The Matrix." Ramona musical interests include gospel, jazz, pop, r&b, classical and rap.
Ramona currently resides in Edison, New Jersey. She is a member of the American Chemical Society and Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. She regularly attends the First Baptist Church of Lincoln Gardens in Somerset, New Jersey. Her birth date is January 20, 1971.
Gray entered the competition with little camping experience. This reflected on her stay in the game by being reluctant to eat rats for lunch. Eventually, she liked it and did not became hesitant of eating another rat.
Island life took its toll on Ramona, who had been visibly pale and sick early on, though she tried to recover by doing well in the Day 12 Immunity Challenge. She was not very social in the game as a result, but did have a bond with Gervase Peterson. Despite this, Pagong lost, thus sending them to their second Tribal Council. That same night, the tribe agreed that Ramona's newfound vigor was too little, too late. She was eliminated in a 4-2-1 vote.
|Ramona's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Pagong Tribe Immune|
|3||Pagong Tribe Immune|
|4||Colleen|| Colleen, Gretchen,|
|Voted Off, Day 12|
- In 2001, Ramona appeared on a Survivor edition of The Weakest Link along with Borneo castaways Richard Hatch, Susan Hawk, Sean Kenniff, Gretchen Cordy and Joel Klug. Ramona won the game beating Gretchen in the end.
- Ramona has since married and had a child.
- Her luxury item is a journal.
- Ramona and Gervase Peterson are the first contestants from the state of New Jersey and first African-American contestants.
- Ramona Gray is the first ever person to be voted out as well as voting with a majority at one point.
- Ramona is the first African-American contestant to be voted out.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Survivor: Borneo Castaways|