|"Persona Non Grata"|
|Episode Number:||5/15 (387)|
|Original Release:||March 13, 2013|
|Viewership (in millions):||9.89|
|Previous:||"Kill or Be Killed"|
|Next:||"Operation Thunder Dome"|
Persona Non Grata is the fifth episode of Survivor: Caramoan.
Challenge: Nut Bucket
Two tribe members would each hold on a rope that is holding up large nets above the ground. Members of the rival tribe, one at a time, attempt to toss coconuts into their nets. A winner is determined if the rival tribe has dropped both of their nets.
Reward: Different meats, vegetables, wine, and seasonings.
Tribal Council was held at the location of the Immunity Challenge due to Bikal forfeiting the challenge. Because of the tension between the tribe (mainly Phillip Sheppard) and Brandon Hantz, Jeff Probst told the castaways that they would hold an impromptu Tribal Council, with their votes being cast verbally.
| Tribal Council 5:|
Brandon (8 votes)
Andrea, Brenda, Cochran, Corinne, Dawn, Erik, Malcolm, Phillip
Phillip (1 vote)
| VOTED OFF:|
No voting confessionals are made in this episode due to the special format of the Tribal Council.
|“||My exit was nice, it was glorious. I showed them that hey, this guy's not gonna just kneel over and die. If I'm going down in a battle, I'ma throw rocks. And my army, I'm gonna go out Braveheart style. I don't regret none of it because I proved my point. I was the author of my elimination. (spits)||”|
Still in the Running
Behind the Scenes
- In an interview with Dalton Ross for Entertainment Weekly, Jeff Probst explains that there was security on standby to ensure the safety of the contestants. The in-game psychologist was also there to debrief Brandon. In the same interview, Jeff states that every contestant undergoes psychological tests before they compete.
- This episode was voted the 25th best Survivor episode of all time in the "Top 25 Greatest Episodes of all time" poll by Survivor Oz in 2015.
- This episode marks several records in the Survivor history:
- This was the first time a tribe forfeits a challenge before it starts.
- This was the second impromptu Tribal Council ever held in the series, following "The Ultimate Shock", where Ian Rosenberger was voted out verbally by Tom Westman immediately after the Final Immunity Challenge due to the challenge ending late at night, and it being too late to attend Tribal Council.
- However, it is the first such Tribal Council where more than one vote was verbally cast.
- This was the first Tribal Council where the rival tribe witnessed the other tribe cast their votes.
- This was also the first Tribal Council held in daylight.
- This episode marks the first time a male contestant was voted out this season.
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/03/14/wednesday-final-ratings-american-idol-survivor-adjusted-up/173340/
- ↑ "'Survivor: Caramoan': Jeff Probst explains how he handled the Brandon Hantz meltdown and what we did NOT see". Entertainment Weekly. March 14, 2013. http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/14/survivor-caramoan-jeff-probst-brandon-hantz-meltdown/. Retrieved March 17, 2013.
|Survivor: Caramoan Episodes|
"She Annoys Me Greatly" · "Honey Badger" · "There's Gonna Be Hell to Pay" · "Kill or Be Killed" · "Persona Non Grata" · "Operation Thunder Dome" · "Tubby Lunchbox" · "Blindside Time" · "Cut Off the Head of the Snake" · "Zipping Over the Cuckoo's Nest" · "Come Over to the Dark Side" · "The Beginning of the End" · "Don't Say Anything About My Mom" · "Last Push" · "Reunion"