|Born:||March 5, 1945|
|Alliance(s):|| Outsiders Alliance|
Rotu Four (affiliated)
Paschal English (also known as Pappy) is a contestant from Survivor: Marquesas.
One of the most popular castaways at the time, he is the first person to be eliminated by the colored rock tiebreaker. This unfortunate ending was not matched for 23 seasons, until Katie Collins and Jessica Lewis suffered the same fate in Blood vs. Water and Millennials vs. Gen X, respectively.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Paschal English was born in Birmingham, Alabama. At two years of age, he and his family moved to Atlanta, Georgia, where he went on to attend junior and senior high school. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of Georgia in Athens.
English currently serves as a Superior Court Judge in the Griffin Judicial Circuit in Georgia. He was a member of the United States Air Force from 1969–73, serving in Southeast Asia from 1971-72. After leaving the Air Force as a Captain, he joined the Georgia Air National Guard where he retired in 1998 as a Colonel. Prior to his appointment in 1987 as a Superior Court Judge, English served as Chief Assistant District Attorney for 12 years.
English enjoys jogging, traveling and watching athletic events. He is a member of the Thomaston Bar Association, Griffin Circuit Bar Association, Georgia Bar Association and First United Methodist Church of Thomaston (he is a member of the administrative board).
Paschal English currently lives in Thomaston, Georgia, with his wife of 35 years, Beverly, and their dog, Dudley. They have two grown daughters, Ashley (who is married to Tim) and Rachel. He and Beverly are the proud new grandparents of Connelly English, born right after the New Year. His birth date is March 5.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Paschal's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Rotu Tribe Immune|
|2||Rotu Tribe Immune|
|3||Rotu Tribe Immune|
|5||Maraamu Tribe Immune|
|Eliminated, Day 371|
| Voted for|
^1 In The Sole Survivor, the vote ended with a 2-2 tie between Kathy and Neleh, forcing a rock drawing tiebreaker. Paschal drew the differently-colored rock and was eliminated from the game.
- In May 2010, Paschal abruptly resigned as a judge, following an investigation of numerous sex scandals involving affairs with numerous women, including a public defender.
- Paschal is the oldest contestant on Survivor: Marquesas.
- Paschal's luxury item was an American flag.
- Paschal was the first contestant to be the sole representative of their gender after a tribe switch.
- Paschal and Neleh Dennis voted for the same person at every Tribal Council they attended.
- Paschal is the second person to be eliminated despite never receiving a vote against him, after Michael Skupin in The Australian Outback.
- Paschal is the first person to be eliminated by rocks, following Katie Collins in Blood vs. Water and Jessica Lewis in Millennials vs. Gen X.
- Had current rules involving drawing rocks applied in his season, Paschal would have been eliminated anyway, seeing as how the player with individual immunity (Vecepia Towery) and the two players in a deadlock tie (Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien and Neleh) would be safe from the draw, meaning that Paschal would have been automatically eliminated by default.
- Paschal's elimination via the purple rock affected the subsequent seasons of Survivor. Due to contestants not wanting to force a tied vote, there would not be another tie until "The Best and Worst Reward Ever" in Palau, six seasons later.
- Excluding those who were evacuated or quit the competition, Paschal is the first castaway who did not have his name written down on parchment over the course of a season. He was followed by Jonathan Libby and Wanda Shirk in Palau, Sugar Kiper in Gabon, Rupert Boneham in Blood vs. Water, and Cirie Fields in Game Changers.
- Paschal is the only jury member to miss a Tribal Council. He was unable to attend the Day 38 Tribal Council because he was hospitalized.
|Survivor: Marquesas Castaways|