|Birth Date||March 5, 1945|
Paschal English (also known as Pappy) is a contestant from Survivor: Marquesas.
One of the most popular castaways at the time, he is the first person to be eliminated by the Purple Rock tiebreaker. This unfortunate ending was not matched for 23 seasons, until Katie Collins suffered the same fate in Blood vs. Water.
Paschal English was born in Birmingham, Alabama. At two years of age, he and his family moved to Atlanta, Georgia, where he went on to attend junior and senior high school. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of Georgia in Athens.
English currently serves as a Superior Court Judge in the Griffin Judicial Circuit in Georgia. He was a member of the United States Air Force from 1969–73, serving in Southeast Asia from 1971-72. After leaving the Air Force as a Captain, he joined the Georgia Air National Guard where he retired in 1998 as a Colonel. Prior to his appointment in 1987 as a Superior Court Judge, English served as Chief Assistant District Attorney for 12 years.
English enjoys jogging, traveling and watching athletic events. He is a member of the Thomaston Bar Association, Griffin Circuit Bar Association, Georgia Bar Association and First United Methodist Church of Thomaston (he is a member of the administrative board).
Paschal English currently lives in Thomaston, Georgia, with his wife of 35 years, Beverly, and their dog, Dudley. They have two grown daughters, Ashley (who is married to Tim) and Rachel. He and Beverly are the proud new grandparents of Connelly English, born right after the New Year. His birth date is March 5.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Paschal's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Rotu Tribe Immune|
|2||Rotu Tribe Immune|
|3||Rotu Tribe Immune|
|5||Maraamu Tribe Immune|
|Eliminated, Day 371|
| Voted for|
^1 In The Sole Survivor, the vote ended with a 2-2 tie between Kathy and Neleh, forcing a Rock Drawing tiebreaker. Paschal picked the Purple Rock, and was eliminated from the game.
- In May 2010, Paschal abruptly retired as a judge.
- Had current rules involving drawing rocks applied to this season, Paschal would have been eliminated anyway, seeing as how the player with Individual Immunity (Vecepia) and the two players in a deadlock tie (Kathy and Neleh) would be safe from the draw, meaning Paschal would've been automatically eliminated by default.
- Paschal was the oldest contestant on Survivor: Marquesas.
- Paschal had the first confessional of Survivor: Marquesas.
- Paschal's luxury item was the American Flag.
- Paschal's elimination via the Purple Rock affected the subsequent seasons of Survivor. Due to contestants not wanting to force a tied vote, there would not be another tie until The Best and Worst Reward Ever in Survivor: Palau, six seasons later.
- Paschal, along with Jonathan Libby, Wanda Shirk, Sugar Kiper and Rupert Boneham, is one of five castaways (excluding evacuees and quitters) to never have a vote cast for or against them over the course of a season.
- Paschal is the only one of those to be eliminated at Tribal Council and get their torch snuffed (Jonathan and Wanda were eliminated by schoolyard pick in Palau, Sugar made the Final Three, but received no votes in Gabon and Rupert took his wife's place at Redemption Island and subsequently lost the Duel in Blood vs. Water).
- Paschal is the only jury member to miss a Tribal Council. He couldn't attend the Day 38 Tribal Council because he was hospitalized.
- He shares the same birthday as Jonathan Penner and Ciera Eastin.
- Paschal is the second person to be eliminated despite never receiving a vote against him, after Michael Skupin from Survivor: The Australian Outback.
- Paschal and Neleh Dennis voted for the same person at every Tribal Council they attended.
- Paschal was the first contestant to be the sole representative of his or her gender after a tribe switch.
|Survivor: Marquesas Castaways|