|Birth Date||September 21, 1982|
|Hometown||Los Angeles, California|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Rarotonga|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Malakal|
|Alliance(s)|| Favorites Couples Alliance|
Black Widow Brigade
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Villains|
██ Yin Yang
|Alliance(s)||Russell's Villains Alliance|
She is regarded as one of the most dangerous players to ever compete. She is know for her charm, cunning, and strategic mindset by creating the Black Widow Brigade to annihilate the remaining men in Survivor: Micronesia. Shallow returned as a villain in Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, and was the runner-up. She is one of two winners to face the jury a second time for the title of Sole Survivor.
Parvati is the oldest of three siblings on a commune in Vero Beach, Florida. She and her family moved to Atlanta when she was 11 years old. Parvati went to the University of Georgia, where she received her Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism with minors in French and Italian. While in college, Parvati was a member of the Alpha Omicron Pi sorority house.
Survivor: Cook IslandsEdit
Parvati originally appeared as part of the Caucasian tribe, Rarotonga, along with Adam Gentry, Jonathan Penner, Jessica Smith, and Candice Woodcock. Her tribe did not face any danger for the first six days as they had immunity. When the four tribes were merged into two, Parvati and Adam remained in Rarotonga while their other tribemates were sent to Aitutaki. Parvati survived her tribe's next three Tribal Councils as J.P. Calderon, Stephannie Favor, and Cristina Coria were voted off. When the contestants were down to twelve, a new twist called "Mutiny" was presented where anybody could change tribe affiliations. Parvati's former tribemates Johnathan and Candice decided to jump back to Rarotonga, thus having all remaining Caucasian contestants on the same tribe. Rarotonga lost the next two Immunity challenges and Parvati remained loyal to her "White Alliance" by eliminating Brad Virata, Rebecca Borman, and Jenny Guzon-Bae.
At the merge, despite coming with a 5–4 member advantage over Aitutaki, Parvati found herself at the minority as Johnathan betrayed his former tribemates and joined the Aitu Four in voting out Nate Gonzalez. After alliance member Candice was eliminated, Parvati and Adam found themselves fighting for survival. They talked to Yul Kwon about voting out Johnathan (who betrayed their alliance) first in exchange for their jury votes, a plan which succeeded. On Day 36, Parvati was voted out in a 4–2 vote when the Aitu Four saw her craftiness as more of a threat than Adam's physical strength. As a juror, she cast her vote for runner-up Ozzy Lusth.
|Parvati's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Rarotonga Tribe Immune|
|2||Rarotonga Tribe Immune|
|3||Rarotonga Tribe Immune|
|8||Rarotonga Tribe Immune|
|Voted Off, Day 36|
| Voted for|
Parvati returned to compete for a second time as part of the all-star Malakal tribe. She initially formed a strong alliance with her fellow Survivor: Cook Islands contestant Ozzy Lusth and former Survivor: China contestants Amanda Kimmel and James Clement. After their tribe lost the first Immunity Challenge, they tried swinging Jon Dalton over to their side to gain a majority over the alliance of Yau-Man Chan, Ami Cusack, Eliza Orlins, and Jonathan Penner. However, Jon was voted out instead as per his wishes. Parvati then made a pact with Cirie Fields to go all the way to the final three with Amanda. After losing the 3rd Immunity Challenge, Parvati was targeted by the opposing alliance but her alliance (now with Cirie) succeeded in voting off strategic threat Yau-Man.
At the tribal switch, Parvati and James were separated from their alliance as they moved to Airai. However, she remained safe as her tribe won the remaining tribal Immunity Challenges. On Day 20, she made a deal with Natalie Bolton to an alliance with James and Alexis Jones, plus a final four deal with Alexis and Amanda, both of which Natalie accepted.
At the merge, Shallow found herself in a good position as she was aligned with six (Alexis, Amanda, Cirie, Natalie, Ozzy, and James) of the 9 people left. During the 10th Immunity Challenge, Shallow convinced Jason Siska to step down from the challenge so that she could win Immunity, which worked (under the condition that the tribe would not vote for him). However, Parvati's "Couples Alliance" decided to turn back on what they said and vote out Jason. Cirie saw this as an opportunity to blindside physical threat Ozzy and needed Parvati for it to work, which she agreed to. She recruited her Airai female allies Natalie and Alexis in on the plan, and Ozzy was voted off 5–4. After Ozzy was voted off, Parvati failed to patch things up with James and Amanda (who kept her distrust to herself). The five remaining women then formed an alliance to vote off the men, starting with Jason. However, when James was evacuated and Erik Reichenbach won Immunity, they were forced to vote off one of their own. Amanda was the intended target, a plan which Parvati did not want to be part of. She then helped Amanda find the Hidden Immunity Idol (which was buried under the tribal flag) and together, they voted off possible jury threat Alexis.
Parvati made it all the way to the final three with Cirie and Amanda (as promised). However, she was shocked to learn that only two of them would face the jury. She was eliminated first at the Final Immunity Challenge, but was chosen to be in the Final Two by Amanda. At the Final Tribal Council, Parvati convinced the jury to vote for her because of her aggressive game play compared to her previous season. Despite being accused of being a mean person by Eliza and a backstabber (by Ozzy), the jury decided to award Parvati the title of Sole Survivor with a vote of 5–3 against Amanda.
|Parvati's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Malakal Tribe Immune|
|4||Malakal Tribe Immune|
|5||Airai Tribe Immune|
|6||No Tribal Council|
|Airai Tribe Immune|
|7||No Tribal Council|
|Airai Tribe Immune|
|8||Airai Tribe Immune|
|12||No Tribal Council|
| Jury Votes|
| Alexis, Cirie, Eliza,|
|Sole Survivor, Day 39|
Survivor: Heroes vs. VillainsEdit
|Statistics of Parvati Shallow|
|Total number of days||114|
|Total votes received||16|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||N/A|
Parvati returned to play Survivor for a third time as a part of the Villains tribe, where she first found herself in the minority, being considered a threat by several tribe members, mostly the men. With this, she quickly accepted an alliance with Russell Hantz and Danielle DiLorenzo. Any plotting against Parvati was postponed when the Villains tribe won the first two Immunity Challenges, but they lost the third on Day 8. Parvati was immediately targeted for being a huge social and strategic threat, and also for having a possible alliance with three of the Heroes who were tribemates with her in the past (James Clement, Cirie Fields, and Amanda Kimmel). She was spared, however, so they could get rid of the weaker link, Randy Bailey.
The Villains then continued their challenge dominance by winning four consecutive challenges. During this winning streak, a clue to a Hidden Immunity Idol was discovered, in which several tribe members agreed not to find. Wanting to usurp Boston Rob's alliance, Parvati's ally, Russell attempted to look for it anyway, causing Boston Rob's alliance of Tyson Apostol, Courtney Yates, Jerri Manthey, Sandra Diaz-Twine and Coach Wade to target them. On Day 15, both tribes were forced to go to Tribal Council with one person from each tribe winning immunity. Parvati knew she needed immunity, but failed to get it. Back at the Villains' camp. the majority alliance decided to split their six votes between Russell and Parvati, with Rob, Sandra and Tyson voting for Russell, while Jerri, Coach and Courtney voting for Parvati. If one of them played the Hidden Immunity Idol, a re-vote would occur and the alliance would vote for whoever was left among the two. Knowing Rob's plan, Russell tricked Tyson to switch his vote to Parvati, under the notion that he would rather betray her for his own survival. At Tribal Council, Tyson fell for Russell's plan for voting for Parvati, and after a 3-2-0 blindside Tyson was sent home.
On Day 18, the Villains lost immunity, and Parvati, Russell and Danielle's alliance was still struggling to gain control of the game, but finally did when they persuaded Jerri to switch sides and vote out Russell's arch-rival, Boston Rob. While the Villains are yet to vote out a female member, the Heroes assumed that the Villains side was being run by an all-women alliance, led by Parvati. When the Villains lost immunity again do Day 21, they decided to vote Coach out to further confirm the Heroes belief of that. On Day 22, the Villains won a Reward Challenge where they got to go to Outback Steakhouse. There, Parvati found a clue to the re-hidden Immunity Idol and showed it to Danielle, to get her to trust her more than Russell. The next day, Parvati and Danielle both found the idol together. They decided not to tell Russell, to keep him out of the loop for awhile. After the Heroes won the Day 24 Immunity Challenge, one member of the Heroes tribe, J.T. Thomas made an unprecedented move—giving his own Hidden Immunity Idol to Russell, in hopes that he would use it to vote out Parvati. Russell, however, showed it to Parvati, along with Danielle and Jerri, and began to laugh about it. They than discussed on weather to get rid of Sandra or Courtney. Parvati wanted to get rid of Sandra, trusting Courtney more, but ended up voting with the rest of the villains to vote Courtney out.
On Day 25, the Heroes and Villains merged into the Yin Yang and migrated to the Heroes camp for the rest of the competition. The Heroes were confused to see Parvati still in the game. Parvati and Russell came up with a story that they both played their idol, negating all votes and that in the re-vote they voted out Courtney. The new tribe quickly alienated Parvati, who was deemed the biggest threat among the Villains. At the Immunity Challenge on Day 27, Parvati and Danielle were the last two remaining. Parvati decided to give it to Danielle, because Parvati already had an idol. Before Tribal Council, Russell gave Parvati J.T.'s idol to protect Parvati, but unknown to him, Parvati already owned one. Parvati went and then talked to Amanda, her former ally and Final Two rival in Survivor: Micronesia, to see if she could trust her. Amanda told Parvati to play the idol for herself. Judging Amanda's body language and halfhearted facial expressions, Parvati did not believe her, and at Tribal Council, she made an unprecedented move, by playing both of her idols, one for Sandra, and another to Jerri, to everybody's surprise. In effect, the vote, that could have ended up in a 5-5 tie between J.T. and Jerri, culminated with J.T.'s demise, because of Jerri's usage of the idol that Parvati supplied.
Right after the vote, Russell was furious with Parvati for keeping her idol a secret from him. The Heroes began to work on flipping Sandra to their side, to eliminate Russell. After Jerri won immunity, the Heroes switched their target to Parvati in case Russell plays a Hidden Immunity Idol. However, the Villains had already flipped Candice to their side and their plan failed, with Amanda sent to the Jury in a 6-3 vote. After Parvati won immunity on Day 31, both Heroes and Villains temporarily banded together to vote Candice out for her duplicity. On Day 33, Russell won immunity, and decided to turn on his alliance. He tried to pit Parvati and Danielle against each other, but failed. Russell than aligned with the remaining Heroes to voted Danielle out, and with a little help from Jerri, Danielle was voted out in a 4-3 vote. On Day 34, the final six was visited by their love ones. Jerri won reward and chose to bring Parvati and Sandra with her. Russell than aligned with the Heroes and decided to target Parvati. However, his plan was ruined when she won immunity on Day 36. Parvati than won her third challenge on Day 37, and they voted the last Hero, Colby, out of the game in a 4-1 vote. After Parvati failed to win the final immunity challenge, it seemed that she would be voted out, since everyone wanted her gone. Parvati wanted to get rid of Sandra, thinking she would get a lot of votes in the end. However, they voted out Jerri Manthey in a 3-1 vote, because Russell believed he would get her vote on the Jury.
At the Final Tribal Council, Parvati confessed that she entered the game not knowing the threat she has become to the other castaways. She then sought help from Russell, but not let him treat her as a scapegoat by making her own, independent strategic moves. While she was castigated by Jury for aligning herself to Russell despite her strong abilities, she was applauded for playing an impressive physical and social games.
In the end, Parvati came in runner-up, gaining the Jury votes of Coach, Danielle and Jerri. She beat Russell Hantz, who received no votes, and was beat by Sandra Diaz-Twine, who got the votes of all five Heroes, plus Courtney's. At the reunion, it was revealed that Parvati has played the most days than anyone else in Survivor history, with 114 days in her three seasons, a record that will be surpassed a year later by Rob Mariano, who has played a total of 117 days in four seasons.
|Parvati's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Villains Tribe Immune|
|2||Villains Tribe Immune|
|4||Villains Tribe Immune|
|5||Villains Tribe Immune|
| Jury Votes|
|Runner-Up, Day 39|
Using her winnings in Survivor: Micronesia, Parvati invested it in a gym business, ESP Wellness, which she co-owns with The Amazing Race 5 contestant Erika Shay. Parvati has been named the 2012 and the first ever Rob Has a Podcast Miss Survivor which was voted for by the RHAP community
- Parvati is one of four contestants to earn the title of Sole Survivor in a subsequent attempt (the other three are Amber Brkich, Rob Mariano, and John Cochran).
- Parvati is one of three jury members to return for a second attempt and win the game (the first was Amber, the third was Cochran).
- Parvati is the only contestant to play three seasons with the same number of castaways (Cook Islands, Micronesia and Heroes vs. Villains all had a total of 20 castaways).
- Parvati and Sandra Diaz-Twine are the only players to reach a second final after already winning one.
- Parvati is one of five contestants to reach two Survivor finals. The others are: Sandra, Russell Hantz, Boston Rob and Amanda Kimmel.
- Parvati is the only contestant to win one final and lose another.
- Parvati is the only contestant to lose a final after winning one in an earlier season.
- She is the only former winner to lose to another former winner in the Final Tribal Council.
- She was inducted into Xfinity's Survivor Hall of Fame in 2010.
- Parvati is the only person to win the same Individual Immunity Challenge twice, winning the When It Rains, It Pours challenge in separate seasons.
- Parvati is second (behind Rob Mariano) on days spent on Survivor with 114. She holds the record for the most days on three seasons, as Rob's highest three-season total is 99.
- Parvati won the most challenges of all women on Survivor.
- Parvati is one of four contestants to play the game three times, but become a jury member only once (the others are Stephenie LaGrossa, Colby Donaldson and Amanda Kimmel).
- Parvati became the eleventh contestant to win the loved ones challenge, following Greg Buis, Tina Wesson, Lex van den Berghe, Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien, Helen Glover, Matthew von Ertfelda, Jon Dalton, Tom Buchanan, Eliza Orlins and Terry Deitz.
- Parvati is the only person in Survivor history to compete in three loved ones challenges (winning one of them).
- She is the only person to do the same challenge twice with the same loved one, her dad Mike. They did the Pass The Bucket challenge in Cook Islands (which they won) and also in Heroes vs. Villains.
- She is the first ever Miss Survivor. She would later be followed by R.C. Saint-Amour.
- Parvati has cast more votes then any other contestant in Survivor history having cast a total of 31 votes. She has cast 30 votes against contestants and 1 vote for a winner.
- She was the yoga student of Survivor winner Aras Baskauskas and got advice from him before she started her first season.
- Parvati has the highest average placing of all three-time returning contestants. She made it to the Final 6 in all three of her seasons and reached the Final Tribal Council in two of them, with her winning one and placing runner-up in the other.
- Parvati is the only female to win in a season that included Exile Island.
- Parvati's win in Survivor: Micronesia ended the male sole survivor streak that started with Aras Baskauskas winning Survivor: Panama.
- Parvati holds the record for placing better than the most number of players in all the seasons she has played in, with a total of 51 players (14 in Survivor: Cook Islands, 19 in Survivor: Micronesia, and 18 in Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains). She has beat out Jonathan Penner, Candice Woodcock, Cirie Fields, James Clement, and Amanda Kimmel in two different seasons, making the total of unique players beaten 46.
- Rob Mariano has the next highest record in this regard, having placed better than a total of 48 players (6 in Survivor: Marquesas, 16 in Survivor: All-Stars, 7 in Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, and 19 in Survivor: Redemption Island). However, all 48 of these players are unique people, as Boston Rob has never surpassed a player he has played twice with, both times (Kathy Vavrick O'Brian, Rupert Boneham, Colby Donaldson, Jerri Manthey, Russell Hantz)
- Among all three-time players, Parvati has placed worse than the fewest number of players, having only placed below a total of 6 players (Adam Gentry, Sundra Oakley, Becky Lee, Ozzy Lusth, Yul Kwon, and Sandra-Diaz-Twine). Even among all returning players, only Sandra-Diaz Twine who has never been surpassed, and Amber Brkich who has only been surpassed by a total of 5 players (All in Survivor: The Australian Outback) have been surpassed by a fewer total number of players.
|Sole Survivor Titleholder|
| Succeeded by|
|Survivor: Cook Islands Contestants|
Adam Gentry · Becky Lee · Billy Garcia · Brad Virata · Candice Woodcock · Cao Boi Bui · Cecilia Mansilla · Cristina Coria · J.P. Calderon · Jenny Guzon-Bae · Jessica Smith · Jonathan Penner · Nate Gonzalez · Ozzy Lusth · Parvati Shallow · Rebecca Borman · Sekou Bunch · Stephannie Favor · Sundra Oakley · Yul Kwon
|Survivor: Micronesia Contestants|
Alexis Jones · Amanda Kimmel · Ami Cusack · Chet Welch · Cirie Fields · Eliza Orlins · Erik Reichenbach · James Clement · Jason Siska · Joel Anderson · Jon Dalton · Jonathan Penner · Kathy Sleckman · Mary Sartain · Mikey Bortone · Natalie Bolton · Ozzy Lusth · Parvati Shallow · Tracy Hughes-Wolf · Yau-Man Chan
|Survivor: Heroes vs Villains Contestants|
Amanda Kimmel · Candice Woodcock · Cirie Fields · Coach Wade · Colby Donaldson · Courtney Yates · Danielle DiLorenzo · J.T. Thomas · James Clement · Jerri Manthey · Parvati Shallow · Randy Bailey · Rob Mariano · Rupert Boneham · Russell Hantz · Sandra Diaz-Twine · Stephenie LaGrossa · Sugar Kiper · Tom Westman · Tyson Apostol