|Birth Date||August 23, 1981|
|Alliance(s)||Favorites Couples Alliance|
One of the greatest physical threats in the game's history, Ozzy is remembered for his natural survival skills and his adept ability in the water and prowess in challenges. With this and his natural likability, he was able to make it far his first time, being seen as the "brawn" to Yul Kwon "brains" in the Aitu Four. Unfortunately in Micronesia, he wasn't as successful and was ultimately blindsided by what would soon become the Black Widow Brigade, with an Immunity Idol in his possession. Later in South Pacific, he made the distinction of being voted out three times in a single season.
Born in Mexico, Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth moved 10 times in his teen years to seven U.S. States and Central America while his mother remarried. He attended two years of college at Santa Barbara City College before moving to the Los Angeles area.
Lusth is currently a waiter and was formerly a restaurant manager. He enjoys big wave surfing, skateboarding, sailing, snowboarding, wakeboarding, gymnastics and motorcycle riding. He owns land in Panama and enjoys going there to spearfish. He can dive to 30 feet and can hold his breath under water for three minutes. He is skilled at building traps, forts, shelter and surviving in the wilderness on his own. In the summer of 2005, he camped all the way from Panama to San Diego over the course of five months.
He enjoys reading and writing.
Lusth currently resides in Venice, California with his German Shepard mix, Buddha (who also accompanies him on his board while surfing). His birth date is August 23, 1981.
Born in the historic city of Guanajuato, Mexico, Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth, began his life in the house his father built for his grandmother (which still remains in the family today). A few years after he was born, his parents divorced and Lusth moved with his mother to Durham, North Carolina, where his mother eventually remarried and had two additional children. His father remained in Mexico and had two additional children as well.
Lusth moved many times in his teen years to seven U.S. States and Central America while his mother divorced and remarried for a third time (at which point, they were living in Mountain View, California) where he learned to surf. In high school, Lusth was able to attend an alternative learning program called Learning Community where he was introduced to acting and photography. After high school, he moved to Santa Barbara. He then attended two years of college at Santa Barbara City College before moving to the Los Angeles area.
Lusth is currently working as a freelance photographer and writer. He enjoys big wave surfing, skateboarding, sailing, snowboarding, wakeboarding, gymnastics and motorcycle riding. He owns land in Panama and enjoys going there to spearfish. He can dive to 30 feet and can hold his breath under water for three minutes. He is skilled at building traps, forts, shelter and surviving in the wilderness on his own. In the summer of 2005, he camped all the way from Panama to San Diego over the course of five months. Over the past year, Lusth has begun to develop a non-profit organization to build skate parks in Mexico.
Lusth currently resides in Venice, California with his German Shepherd mix, Buddha (who also accompanies him on his board while surfing). His birth date is August 23, 1981.
Name: Oscar “Ozzy” Lusth (29)
Current Residence: Venice, Calif.
Previous Seasons: Survivor: Cook Islands and Survivor: Micronesia
Ozzy Lusth may be a surfer from Venice, Calif. but he takes the game of Survivor very seriously. “I’m here to play in a humble way, but I’m also here to win.” This will be his third time playing Survivor, and he believes the game has made him a stronger person. “For the last two seasons, I feel it has really changed me for the better. And, I’m looking for this last, this third experience, to really be the end to it all, the redemption.”
In previous seasons, Ozzy dominated in challenges but did not have the best social game and was even voted out of Survivor: Micronesia with an idol in his possession. He has grown a lot since the last time Jeff Probst snuffed his torched and is ready to give the game another shot. “The last Tribal Council that I went through, the one that voted me off, I’ve got to let that go, but I have to be able to remember and go back and say there were signs.”
Not only has Ozzy matured as a player, but he has also transformed his personal life. Born in Mexico, Ozzy takes pride in his heritage and his community. In 2009, he started the non-profit organization, MexicoSkateProject.org, to help grow the popularity of skateboarding and build skate parks in every town or pueblo in Mexico.
What does he think of Coach, his competition? “Honestly, I’m actually pretty excited that Coach is here. He can be a polarizing character but I think that he respects the way that I play the game, and I respect the way he plays.”
Survivor: Cook IslandsEdit
Upon arriving at camp, Ozzy thrived and began to show his survival skills at an early start. This earned him in good standing with his fellow tribe mates and allowed him to form a a bond with everybody, except Billy Garcia. During the events of Dire Strengths and Dead Weight, Ozzy began to notice Billy's lack of work ethic and suggested to his tribe that they intentionally lose the next Immunity Challenge to vote Billy out. Despite a mixed reception to the idea, the tribe followed and J.P. Calderon sat out of a challenge that would be more suited to him than Billy, and at Tribal Council Ozzy got his wish and Billy was eliminated.
After a tribe reshuffle, Ozzy and Cecilia Mansilla were placed on the Aitutaki tribe. Ozzy was chosen by Yul Kwon. He and Cecilia were outnumbered by former Rarotonga and Puka Puka members. At their first Tribal Council he made an alliance with Cecilia and Sundra Oakley. The alliance thought they had Jessica Smith and Cao Boi Bui on their side but at Tribal Council, but Cecilia was voted out when Cao Boi and Jessica flipped to the opposite alliance. Despite being outnumbered, Aitutaki won the next three Immunity Challenge's. During the Double Tribal Council twist on Day 15 Ozzy was spared because of his physical strength and when the majority alliance turned on themselves, Cao Boi was blindsided. Aitutaki lost the next Immunity Challenge and Ozzy was once again spared as Jessica was eliminated for not fitting in with the tribe.
During the Mutiny on Day 20 former Aitutaki tribe members Candice Woodcock and Jonathan Penner flipped and joined the Rarotonga tribe. After the Mutiny Aituitaki won the next two Immunity Challenge's. During this time Ozzy successfully maintained strong relationships with Yul Kwon, Sundra Oakley and Becky Lee - together, these four would form one of the series' most powerful alliances.
Ozzy made the merge with a 5-4 numbers advantage. While merged Ozzy became good friends with Nate Gonzalez, who was a former Rarotonga member. Despite coming into the merge with a numbers disadvantage Ozzy won the Immunity Challenge, staying safe at the first Tribal Council. Yul convinced a former Rarotonga member, Jonathan, to flip on his former tribe and join the Aitutaki alliance. At the first post-merge Tribal Council, Nate was blindsided by a 5-4 vote. During the next few episodes Ozzy stayed true to his alliance by voting out Candice Cody, Jonathan, Parvati Shallow and Adam Gentry. He also told the ex-Rarotonga members he did not really care who was eliminated, showing signs of flipping on his alliance, although he never did flip. Ozzy also won 5 of the 6 Immunity Challenges post merge, losing only one immunity challenge to Adam on Day 30. Ozzy's alliance made it to the final four, where Ozzy once again won Immunity. At the Final Four Tribal Council Ozzy enforced a tie-breaker challenge between Sundra and Becky, with Becky emerging victorious. At the Final Tribal Council Ozzy was praised for his physical strength, however he only received four Jury votes, finishing second to Yul.
|Ozzy's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Aitutaki Tribe Immune|
|4||Aitutaki Tribe Immune|
|5||Aitutaki Tribe Immune|
|9||Aitutaki Tribe Immune|
|10||Aitutaki Tribe Immune|
| Jury Votes|
| Jenny, Nate,|
|Runner-Up, Day 39|
Ozzy received a mix reaction from both the Fans and Favorites. Everyone liked him for his talents that he displayed on his original season, but were cautious because of how likely he was to win if he made it far. Ozzy made a strong alliance with Amanda Kimmel, and they joined forces with the other couple in the Malakal tribe, Parvati and James, to form the Malakal Couples Alliance. They quickly realized they only had four members in a tribe of ten people. The alliance tried to convince the two swing votes Jon Dalton and Cirie Fields to join them as opposed to the other alliance which made up the Malakal tribe. After Malakal lost the first Immunity Challenge Jonny Fairplay asked the tribe to vote him out since he was missing his expectant girlfriend. The tribe granted his wish and Jonny Fairplay was unanimously voted out. The alliance obtained the majority by getting Cirie Fields to side with them. The alliance managed to vote out Yau-Man Chan who was the member of the opposite alliance Cirie was most concerned about at the third Tribal Council. However, Ozzy and James immediately regretted voting Yau-Man off instead of Eliza Orlins since she started to get sick. On Day 13 a tribe switch occurred. Ozzy stayed on Malakal with alliance members Cirie and Amanda Kimmel and opposing alliance member Ami Cusack and was joined by Chet, Erik, Joel and Tracey. Ozzy lead his alliance of himself, Cirie, and Amanda to the merge eliminating Joel, Chet, Tracey and Ami at the following Tribal Councils. He decided to keep Erik Reichenbach over Ami since he thought he was the more trustworthy of the two players. Ozzy found a Hidden Immunity Idol after being sent to Exile Island, and made a fake hidden immunity idol to cover his tracks, which Jason Siska found, believing it was the real idol. At the first Individual Immunity Challenge Ozzy put up a tough fight but eventually ended up losing to Jason. Ozzy voted out Eliza at Tribal Council because she was the last remaining outsider not immune. At the next Immunity Challenge Jason, the last outsider, agreed to a deal with Parvati to step down for food for the tribe as long as her alliance didn't vote him out. Everyone halfheartedly agreed not to vote for him. The core alliance members of Amanda, Ozzy, James, and alliance affiliate Erik decided to renege the promise. But Cirie saw this as the perfect time to blindside Ozzy due to him being a physical threat and having the Hidden Immunity Idol. All the remaining women voted against Ozzy except Amanda, supplemented by Jason's vote, which resulted him being blindsided. At Final Tribal Council, Ozzy's vote appeared to be the most obvious of the night as he heavily criticized Parvati and reiterated his feelings for Amanda. He voted for Amanda along with the other jury members that didn't betray him (Erik and James), but it wasn't enough to keep Parvati from becoming Sole Survivor.
|Ozzy's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Malakal Tribe Immune|
|4||Malakal Tribe Immune|
|6||No Tribal Council|
|7||No Tribal Council|
|10||Jason|| Alexis, Cirie, Jason,|
|Voted Off, Day 27|
| Voted for|
^1 In A Lost Puppy Dog, Ozzy was immune due to being exiled prior to the Immunity Challenge.
Survivor: South PacificEdit
|“||I'm here to play in a humble way, but I'm also here to win.||”|
–Ozzy Lusth (on competing in Survivor: South Pacific)
|Statistics of Ozzy Lusth|
|Total number of days||104|
|Total votes received||27|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||15|
Assigned to the red Savaii Tribe, Ozzy lead the tribe in most camp activities and even acting as support, as evidence when he comforted Dawn Meehan when the latter went to a mild depression. While his physical prowess kept him in the tribe, his tribemates did not let him take control over the tribe, as seen during Savaii first Tribal Council, where Ozzy's plot to oust John Cochran was put on hold, when the tribe eliminated his initial ally Semhar Tadesse, who blew the Immunity Challenge for them. Few days down the line, Ozzy joined Jim Rice's proposed a "3+2" alliance made consisting of the tribe's most athletic members (Ozzy, Jim, Keith Tollefson, Whitney Duncan and Elyse Umemoto), stating that once the remaining competition was over with, the males would secretly blindside the two females. The group delayed any of its plans, when Savaii won the Day 5 Immunity Challenge. In Day 7, Ozzy found the Hidden Immunity Idol in hopes of redeeming himself from his infamous blindside in his previous season. The next day, Savaii lost the Immunity Challenge, where Ozzy joined the rest of the tribe in voting Mark Caruso out for being the oldest person in the team.
In Day 9, Jim was worried about seeing Ozzy getting closer with Elyse since Semhar's elimination. With this, Jim plotted to avoid Ozzy from obtaining more power by plotting with the outsiders Cochran and Dawn. The plan materialized in Day 14, when Jim, Cochran and Dawn voted against Elyse, and with Keith and Whitney played safe by voting for Dawn, Ozzy and Elyse were thrown off-guard, as the latter got blindsided.
That night, disappointed by Elyse's surprise removal, Ozzy declared himself a "free agent," removing himself from the alliance and declaring to the tribe he had the Hidden Immunity Idol; but soon patched things up with his tribe and led them to winning the next Immunity Challenge. Worried by Upolu's one-person advantage (one of their tribemates, Christine Shields Markoski was dominating the Redemption Island duels), Ozzy proposed to his tribe a risky plan he called "Trojan Horse"—should Savaii loses the next Immunity Challenge, the tribe would purposefully vote him out, effectively sending himself to Redemption Island in hopes of defeating Christine. Ozzy then surrendered his Hidden Immunity Idol to Cochran, stating that he would get it back should he return to the game. At the duel, Ozzy did defeat Christine, and re-entered the competition as part of the newly merged Te Tuna tribe, where he won the first individual Immunity Challenge along with Dawn. Anticipating a 6-6 tie vote between the former warring tribes, Ozzy gave his Hidden Immunity Idol to Whitney, stating that a Savaii member getting voted out is highly unlikely because two of them had immunity, while one other person would use the idol. Unknown to them, Cochran was pulled by the rival Upolu tribe, with the Harvard Law student spoiling Savaii's strategies and secrets. At Tribal Council, the anticipated 6-6 tie happened between Keith and Rick Nelson, forcing a revote. But not wanting to end the vote a stalemate (which would culminate in drawing rocks, where the unlucky person who would pick the colored rock would be eliminated) and the idea of playing the game based on probability, Cochran betrayed the Savaii alliance and joined Upolu in voting Keith, sending him to Redemption Island.
Defenseless and unable to win individual immunity once again, Ozzy was immediately voted out returned to Redemption Island and began to defeat his former tribemates, including Cochran, stating that he would feed them, but defeat them anyway. He eventually re-entered the competition at the Final Five and claimed Individual Immunity.
When the final five contestants returned at Te Tuna camp, Coach expressed his desire to bring Ozzy at the Final Tribal Council, where he would be giving his own Hidden Immunity Idol if necessary. However, Ozzy was suspicious if Coach would really do such promise. At the next Immunity Challenge, ex-Upolu member Sophie Clarke who was ahead of Ozzy, until she audaciously ordered Albert to help her win the challenge, only to be interrupted by Jeff Probst because it was a direct violation of the Survivor Rulebook. Nonetheless, Ozzy won immunity. Appalled by Sophie's actions, Ozzy blasted the economics graduate at Tribal Council for her blunt deeds, causing her to become emotional. Ultimately, Coach did not fulfill his promise to Ozzy by keeping his idol unused, and eliminated Rick instead of Sophie.
After losing the final Immunity Challenge against Sophie (who Ozzy tried to get rid of the day before), Ozzy made a pitch to Coach to enforce a tie at Tribal Council, but failed. Ozzy was voted out for the third time, this time, permanently.
As a member of the jury, Ozzy blasted Albert Destrade, Sophie and Coach for giving false hopes, condescending demeanor and breaking his "honor and integrity" code respectively. Eventually, Ozzy gave his vote to Sophie, claiming that she deserved it since she was the reason Ozzy was eliminated, and along with five other jury members, Sophie was crowned as Sole Survivor. At the reunion show, Ozzy received the Fan Favorite Award of the season, winning himself $100,000, with Jeff Probst claiming that Ozzy obtained the highest percentage of votes since the award's inception.
|Ozzy's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Savaii Tribe Immune|
|4||Savaii Tribe Immune|
|6||Savaii Tribe Immune|
|7||Cochran|| Cochran, Dawn, Jim,|
|Voted Off, Day 18|
|8||On Redemption Island|
|Returned, Day 19|
|9||Cochran|| Albert, Brandon, Coach,|
Cochran, Dawn, Edna,
Rick, Sophie, Whitney
|Voted Off, Day 22|
|10||On Redemption Island|
|Returned, Day 36|
|Albert|| Albert, Coach,|
|Voted Off, Day 38|
| Voted for|
^1 In Double Agent, the vote ended with a 6-6 tie between Keith and Rick, forcing a revote. Ozzy did not change his vote at the revote.
- As revealed in the Survivor: Micronesia Reunion show, Ozzy and Amanda continued their relationship.
- In an interview for Survivor: South Pacific, Ozzy revealed that he and Amanda had broken up. Ozzy was a guest in Survivor After Show, with Parvati.
- In 2011, Ozzy started to date actress Lindsay Lohan. They broke up in 2013.
- On January 9, 2010, Ozzy attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- Before appearing on Survivor, he appeared on Playboy TV's hardcore reality series Foursome.
- Ozzy is the only player to return to the game right after being sent to Redemption Island.
- Ozzy is the only player to win Individual Immunity after returning from Redemption Island.
- Ozzy, Andrea Boehlke, and Tina Wesson are the only contestants to be undefeated in Redemption Island duels.
- He and Tina Wesson are the only finalists to also be the last person voted out of the game in a different season.
- They were both sent to Redemption Island and returned to the game before they reached their final placement.
- In Survivor: Micronesia, Ozzy was the youngest male castaway from the original Malakal.
- Ozzy is the second player to make and plant a fake Hidden Immunity Idol, but the first to make one that was eventually found (by Jason Siska, who gave it to Eliza Orlins).
- While Jaime Dugan was the first to play a fake idol, it was made by the producers and not another castaway.
- Ozzy was the youngest male contestant on Survivor: Cook Islands.
- Ozzy is the first Hispanic-American castaway to finish as the runner-up.
- Ozzy became the fifth recurring contestant to reach 100 days playing the game, following Amanda Kimmel (108), Parvati Shallow (114), Rupert Boneham (104) and Rob Mariano (117). Ozzy's 100th day was on Day 34 of Survivor: South Pacific. His feat was not announced in the episode Then There Were Five (where he spent his 100th day in Survivor on Day 34), but was recalled during the South Pacific live show. He ultimately lasted 104 days total.
- He is the only contestant that has reached 100 days playing the game without appearing on Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains. Ozzy was considered for that season, but was not chosen.
- He is also the first contestant to compete three times without appearing on Heroes vs. Villains. He would be followed later by Jonathan Penner and Tina Wesson.
- Coincidentally, both Ozzy and Jonathan's first season was Cook Islands and their second season was Micronesia.
- Ozzy is the only person in Survivor history to be voted out three times in a single season.
- Ozzy is currently tied with Laura Morett for the second-best record of most Redemption Island duels, with six. The best record is currently held by Matt Elrod, with eleven.
- Ozzy is currently tied with Baylor Wilson and Phillip Sheppard for the second most votes received in a single season, with 17, behind Laura Morett, with 19.
- If votes voided by a Hidden Immunity Idol do not count, Ozzy holds the record for the second-most cumulative votes received over multiple seasons with 27, behind Laura Morett with 29. If voided votes do count, he is behind Jonathan Penner and Laura Morett both with 29 and Jerri Manthey with 28.
- Ozzy has been voted out a total of four times, making him the most voted out castaway in Survivor history. He was voted out once in Micronesia, and three times during South Pacific.
- Ozzy is the only member of Savaii to win a Redemption Island Duel.
- Ozzy is the only person to return from Redemption Island twice.
- Ozzy was the only contestant on Cook Islands to win Individual Immunity more than once.
- Ozzy won all but one individual immunity challenge in Cook Islands, with Adam Gentry winning that one challenge.
- In both tribe switches Ozzy participated in, he stayed with his original tribe.
- Ozzy also appeared on the second season of American Ninja Warrior.
- Ozzy was the only original Aitutaki member to make the merge, as well as the only one to reach the Jury stage. As he made the Final Tribal Council, no members of the original Aitutaki were on the Jury.
- Ozzy is the seventh player to find the Hidden Immunity Idol.
- Ozzy is the fifth player to return to the game after being previously voted out in the same season, after the Outcasts twist brought two players back in Survivor: Pearl Islands and two players re-entered the game in Survivor: Redemption Island.
- He is the second person to win the same challenge twice, after Parvati Shallow.
- Ozzy is the first contestant to spend time on both Exile Island and Redemption Island.
- Ozzy is the first finalist to garner four jury votes and not win the title of Sole Survivor. He would be followed by Chase Rice in Survivor: Nicaragua.
- Cook Islands was the first season in which such an achievement was possible.
- Ozzy is the only returning player from Cook Islands that was never a member of Rarotonga.
- Ozzy is the only player in Survivor history to find multiple Hidden Immunity Idols and never successfully negate a vote with one.
- Every time that Ozzy didn't win individual immunity on Survivor: South Pacific he got eliminated.
- Ozzy is the only male favorite in Micronesia to participate in the tribe switch and be voted off. Jon Dalton and Yau-Man Chan were voted off before the tribe switch, and Jonathan Penner and James Clement were medically evacuated.
- However, Ozzy stayed on Malakal, while James and Penner were switched to Airai.
- Despite being a 3-time player, Lusth played the same amount of days as a 4-time returning player.
- In Cook Islands, Ozzy is one of three finalists to only get votes at their first tribal council and Final Tribal Council. The others are Chris Daugherty and Katie Gallagher.
- Ozzy is one of three returning players to be the highest ranking member of their original tribe twice. Stephenie LaGrossa and Sandra Diaz-Twine also share this distinction.
- Ozzy is one of a few castaways to play Survivor at least three times to play their very first Hidden Immunity Idol in their most recent appearance. The others are Parvati Shallow (Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains), Rob Mariano (Survivor: Redemption Island), Jonathan Penner (Survivor: Philippines), and Tyson Apostol (Survivor: Blood vs. Water).
- He is the only one of the group to have previously owned a Hidden Immunity Idol prior to their most recent appearance.
- Ozzy is one of four castaways to have been the second and last member of the jury in their Survivor career.
- The others being Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien, Jenna Lewis, and Jerri Manthey.
- He and Jerri accomplished this feat by being the last member of a nine-person jury, while Kathy and Jenna did so in a seven-person jury.
- He is the only male returning player to have accomplished this feat.
- He is the only one of the four to have been a finalist at one point in their Survivor career.
- He is the only one of the four to have not competed on Survivor: All-Stars.
- The others being Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien, Jenna Lewis, and Jerri Manthey.
|Survivor: Cook Islands Castaways|
|Survivor: Micronesia Castaways|
|Survivor: South Pacific Castaways|