|"Nothing Tastes Better than Five Hundred Dollars"|
|Episode Number:||9/14 (254)|
|Original Release:||November 20, 2008|
|Viewership (in millions):||12.50|
|Previous:||"The Brains Behind Everything"|
|Next:||"I Was Put on the Planet for This Show"|
Nothing Tastes Better than Five Hundred Dollars is the ninth episode of Survivor: Gabon.
Challenge: Survivor Auction
Challenge: The Domino Effect
In the first round, the castaways would race across a series of balance beams carrying a bag of puzzle blocks. The first two castaways to bring all three of their bags would go to the final round in which each player must stack all of their pieces like a line of domino tiles while avoiding ropes that would topple the tiles that were already stacked. Once all of the blocks were properly stacked, the castaway would start a chain reaction which would release a flag. The first castaway to raise their flag would win.
Additional Stipulation: Because Corinne bought the advantage at the auction, she is allowed to forgo the first part of the challenge, skipping directly to the finals.
Winner: Ken Hoang
| Tribal Council 11:|
Randy (5 votes)
Crystal, Ken, Matty, Sugar, Susie
Susie (3 votes)
Bob, Corinne, Randy
| VOTED OFF:|
|“||(votes for Randy) YOU HAVE MADE MY LIFE HELL FROM DAY ONE!! FORGET YOU, GO HOME, GOODBYE!!!!!!||”|
|“||(votes for Susie) This vote is not strategic, it's strictly personal.||”|
|“||(votes for Randy) Hey Randy, I forgive you for being nasty to me today, I wish you happiness. Good luck.||”|
|“||(votes for Susie) Sorry Susie, it's a game.||”|
|“||(votes for Susie) I'm holding this up for a minute so it seems like I am voting for Randy. I'm voting you, Susie, because payback is a bitch.||”|
|“||(votes for Randy) Randy, you're still my boy, I hope we can hang out when this is all over with, but I think you're done playing the game, and I'm going to miss you, bro.||”|
|“||(votes for Randy) You are a disgusting, old, hot headed, chauvinistic alcoholic bigot, and you need to grow up before you die alone. Loser!||”|
|“||(votes for Randy) Randy, I hope you learn from this. Maybe you'll be happy after this and not disrespect so many people. I don't have anything against you, I hope you take care.||”|
|“||Being voted out by these bozos is probably one of the best accolades anyone could get. The hell with these freaking people. I hope Corrine does well if she was not in on today's plot, and I don't think she was. You know, most of the others, with the exception of Matty, I hope they get bit by a big green mamba.||”|
Still in the Running
Behind the Scenes
Life at Ponderosa
- This episode was voted the 18th best Survivor episode of all time in the "Top 25 Greatest Episodes of all time" poll by Survivor Oz in 2015
- Through an email conversation with Mario Lanza, the author of "The Funny 115" and host of the Survivor Historians podcast, Randy revealed that his blindside was heavily edited to make it seem that he was surprised to find out the idol Bob gave him was fake. Randy explained that he knew Bob's idol was fake, and his stunned reaction was taken from last week's episode.
- Everyone heard Crystal's voting confessional as she said it loudly.
- This is the first time that a person bought an advantage in the Immunity Challenge but didn't win the challenge.
- The episode title was said by Corinne Kaplan after getting the money for the auction. She followed it by saying "except a million."
|Survivor: Gabon Episodes|
"Want to See the Elephant Dung?" · "She Obviously Is Post-Op!" · "It Was Like Christmas Morning!" · "This Camp Is Cursed" · "He's a Snake, but He's My Snake" · "It All Depends on the Pin-Up Girl" · "Apple in the Garden of Eden" · "The Brains Behind Everything" · "Nothing Tastes Better than Five Hundred Dollars" · "I Was Put on the Planet for This Show" · "The Good Things in Life Aren't Easy" · "The Good Guys Should Win in the End" · "Say Goodbye to Gabon" · "Reunion"