|"Not the Only Actor on This Island"|
|Episode Number:||7/15 (374)|
|Original Release:||October 31, 2012|
|Viewership (in millions):||9.83|
|Previous:||"Down and Dirty"|
|Next:||"Dead Man Walking"|
Not the Only Actor on This Island is the seventh episode of Survivor: Philippines.
Immunity Challenge: Wrist Assured
Castaways hold on to a handle with a rope wrapped around it. At the end of the rope is a bucket that contains 25% of their body weight. As the challenge goes on, the rope will begin to unspool, making it harder to keep the bucket in the air. The last man and woman remaining in the challenge will win individual immunity.
Winners: Carter Williams and Denise Stapley
| Tribal Council 7:|
(used Hidden Immunity Idol)
Abi-Maria, Denise, Lisa, Malcolm, Michael
(votes not counted)
RC (4 votes)
Artis, Carter, Jeff, Pete
Pete (2 votes)
| VOTED OFF:|
Abi-Maria was shown writing Penner's name down on the parchment. RC and Penner were shown writing Pete's name down. Artis was shown writing RC's name down.
|“||(voting for RC) I never liked you.||”|
|“||That's the name of the game, and the name of the game is blindside. And, you know, um, it was such an amazing, wonderful experience. I can't believe I actually got to do this. I lasted rain, and no food, and all these things. It was difficult, but I got to play Survivor. How many people actually get to do this? And I made it pretty far so I am very proud of myself.||”|
Still in the Running
Behind The Scenes
- As a play on how the castaways got battered by two weeks of rain, the new tribe calls themselves "Dangrayne" ("Dang, rain"). Before coming up with the tribe name, the castaways coin several name ideas. While RC leads the charge in painting the flag, their new tribe name does not sit well with her. While the castaways are given paints that resemble the colors of the three original tribes, the Dangrayne tribe mixes up the colors.
Life at Ponderosa
- RC makes her way to her post-game medical check-up, and reveals she added 10 lbs. before heading for the Philippines. She finds out that she lost 5 lbs. in the 19 days she lasted. While binging on junk food and Filipino sweets, she is being debriefed by Dr. Tara, the resident psychologist. RC tells her how dysfunctional Tandang was, despite their perfect immunity streak. The next day, RC visits a town in Caramoan.
- This episode marks the first time that members of the original Tandang tribe attends Tribal Council.
- This week's Tribal Council is the first non-unanimous vote of the season.
- Denise revealed in her Facebook fan page that the two tribes moved to the old Matsing tribe camp for the merge.
- With RC being voted out, at least one person from every starting tribe has been voted out.
- With the start of the jury phase, Denise will attend Tribal Council in every episode that she is in, becoming the second person to do so, the first being Stephenie LaGrossa in Survivor: Palau.
- Unlike Stephenie, Denise was present at every Tribal Council this season.
- The eventual final five castaways of this season voted against Jonathan Penner during this episode's Tribal Council.
- This is the first and only time Denise is immune from being voted out.
- With the tribes merging, every player (except for Dana Lambert) has been to Tribal Council at least once.
- Despite being conceived twelve seasons prior as a method to "flush" the Hidden Immunity Idol, this is the first split vote at which the primary target actually used an idol and the secondary target was eliminated.
- Ironically, Jonathan Penner, who played the idol in this episode, was targeted at the original split vote in "Plan Voodoo".
|Survivor: Philippines Episodes|
"Survivor Smacked Me in the Chops" · "Don't Be Blinded by the Headlights" · "This Isn't a 'We' Game" · "Create a Little Chaos" · "Got My Swag Back" · "Down and Dirty" · "Not the Only Actor on This Island" · "Dead Man Walking" · "Little Miss Perfect" · "Whiners Are Wieners" · "Hell Hath Frozen Over" · "Shot into Smithereens" · "Gouge My Eyes Out" · "Million Dollar Question" · "Reunion"