Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Born:||April 2, 1977|
|Occupation:||Harvard Law Student|
|The Australian Outback|
Nicholas "Nick" Brown is a contestant from Survivor: The Australian Outback.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Nick Brown is entering his second year at Harvard Law School and hopes to join the Army's Judge Advocate General's office upon graduation. While attending Morehouse College in Atlanta, he was a member of the R.O.T.C. and is currently an officer in the United States Army. He spent this past summer as a student associate at a leading San Francisco law firm and has also worked in Olympia, Washington at the Attorney General's office. In addition, Brown was a research assistant for the Human Rights Commission. When he is not attending law school or clerking, Brown lives in Steilacoom, Washington, and has previously resided in San Francisco, Atlanta and Ausburg, Germany. Brown describes himself as compassionate, incisive, and ambitious. In addition to his position with the United States Army, he a member of the Black Law Students Association and has modeled in the past. His birth date is April 2, 1977.
Nick began the game on the wrong foot when the Kucha tribe was trying to locate their camp. He was given control over the compass, but was unable to properly read it, annoying some of his tribe mates. After Kucha lost the first Immunity Challenge, Nick was spared as the tribe determined Debb Eaton to be the biggest liability, resulting in her being unanimously voted off.
Around camp, he began to annoy Alicia and Jeff by not helping with daily camp life. Nick had built a makeshift kitchen and chair, but his lack of help in every day activities and outright ignoring others who asked for his help were treated with disdain. Jeff and Alicia were concerned he was flying too low under the radar and could be a threat later in the game.
When he made it to the merge, there was a battle of two alliances, the Kucha Alliance and the Ogakor Alliance. Each alliance tried to vote for for the person whom was thought to have the most amount of votes cast against them (because in this season and Africa, in the scenario of a deadlock tie, the person with the most prior votes would be the one who was voted out). The result was a deadlock tie, and Jeff Varner, Nick's tribe mate and alliance member, was voted out because he had more prior votes than Colby Donaldson. At the next Tribal Council Nick attended, another member of his alliance, Alicia Calaway, was voted off for being too much of a physical threat. At the next individual Immunity Challenge, Nick won and probably spared himself from ousting. Instead, the Ogakor Alliance flipped on Jerri Manthey because of her hated personality. Unfortunately for Nick, at the next Tribal Council he attended, he was voted out for being on the opposing alliance.
|Nick's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Kucha Tribe Immune|
|3||Kucha Tribe Immune|
|4||Kucha Tribe Immune|
|6||No Tribal Council|
|11||Keith|| Amber, Colby,|
|Voted Off, Day 30|
| Voted for|
^1 In The Merge, the vote ended with a 5-5 tie between Colby and Jeff, forcing a revote. Nick did not change his vote on the revote.
- In May 15, 2001, Nick appeared as a panelist for Hollywood Squares for Survivor Week like his fellow Australian Outback castaways.
- Nick was asked to pose for Playgirl magazine, but turned the offer down.
- Nick finished his Harvard Law Degree and worked as a JAG attorney for the U.S. Army, and served in Iraq in 2005 and worked as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in Seattle, trying terrorism and violent-crime cases.
- As of February 2013, Nick was working in Washington State Governor Jay Inslee's General Counsel as his lawyer.
- Nick's luxury item was a frisbee.
- Nick was the youngest male contestant in The Australian Outback.
- Nick is the first contestant from the state of Washington.
- Nick was the first and only Kucha member to win individual immunity and the only Kucha to win an individual challenge in general.
- Nick was the first contestant to purchase an item in a Survivor Auction, buying four Doritos and a cup of salsa for $60.
|Survivor: The Australian Outback Castaways|