|Birth Date||April 22, 1983|
|Hometown||Van Buren, Arkansas|
|Tribe(s)|| Foa Foa|
|Alliance(s)||Foa Foa Four|
Natalie White is the Sole Survivor of Survivor: Samoa.
Standing as the only female of the Foa Foa Four alliance, she came into the game as the quiet southern belle, and immediately aligned with notorious villain Russell Hantz. She used the fact that she was easily underestimated by everyone to her advantage to orchestrate the elimination of Erik Cardona by persuading his alliance to turn on him, ultimately leading to the slow chain of events that would lead to the fall of the Galu Alliance. She managed to quickly fly under the radar and stuck with ally Hantz and the Foa Foa Four to reach the Final Tribal Council, and earn the title of Sole Survivor, though not without a lasting legacy of both criticism and praise for her gameplay.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Natalie White is your typical Southern Belle, but she is definitely not afraid to get her hands dirty. "Friendly and savvy" are two of her attributes that her fellow castaways will pick up on right away.
White plans to bring her background in pharmaceutical sales into the game and knows that if you do not make the cut, you are more than likely going to be cut. You either "make the numbers or go home."
Natalie's convinced that her ambitious personality will help her during the game. "I'm literally so competitive and scrappy that I don't care if I have to dive on the ground and get bruised and scraped up, I'll do it. I'll do it to win. I love to compete." Natalie will not waste any time changing her game plan if needed. "I'm observant and flexible, not to mention smart enough to know how to adapt to my surroundings."
Natalie began the game on the Foa Foa tribe. She was quickly recruited by Russell Hantz for his "Dumbass Girl" alliance, being labeled the "long-haired blonde". During Foa Foa's losing streak, Russell did not vote Natalie out because he thought she was the most loyal to him and that he could beat her in the Final Tribal Council because of her weakness in challenges. Not coincidentally, Natalie stated in a confessional that she thinks she can win if she stays with someone like Russell who rubs people the wrong way. In the end, Natalie survived all of Foa Foa's Tribal Councils and made it to the merge with Russell, Mick Trimming, and Jaison Robinson.
During the beginning of the merge, she proved to be an asset to Russell. Due to befriending several members of the original Galu tribe, Natalie was able to sway them into voting out Erik Cardona. Following this, Kelly Sharbaugh was eliminated after Russell's strategic play of a Hidden Immunity Idol. At the next Tribal Council, there was a tie between Natalie and Laura Morett, but Natalie remained safe, due to Russell being able to convince John Fincher to betray the Galu Alliance. Natalie, along with the rest of the Foa Foa Four + Shambo who flips to Foa Foa's side then proceed to vote out all the remaining Galus. However, their plans were put on hold when Brett Clouser went on an immunity streak, causing the Foa Foa Four to lose Shambo Waters. Natalie became the target next should Brett win immunity as she was the least likely to be able to beat Brett in the Final Immunity Challenge. Natalie went to Russell and convinced him that he needed her because she was no threat in the final vote. Russell believed this and planned to target either Jaison, as he had mentally checked out of the game days ago, or Mick, because he was a jury threat, next. At Tribal Council Natalie's plan paid off and Jaison was voted off.
Mick, Natalie, and Russell were heavily focused on getting rid of Brett, as with an almost exclusively Galu jury, and Brett's likeability, charm, and late immunity run, all 3 realized there would be no hope for any of them to beat him in a jury vote. At the Final Immunity Challenge, Natalie dropped out of the challenge second, leaving it to Russell to beat Brett. Russell managed to defeat Brett and seal his fate, allowing Natalie, Russell, and Mick to breathe a sigh of relief in finally eliminating Brett, and become the Final Three.
At the Final Tribal Council, most of the jury berated Russell for his game play, ignored Mick for his poor leadership and even his feckless and invisible game play, and called Natalie a coattail-rider (with the exception of Erik, who said that Natalie was just as deserving and dangerous as the other finalists due to her strategy and even said he was voting for her). Ultimately, it came down to Natalie's social interaction with the other contestants that allowed her to receive seven out of the nine jury votes. Thus, Natalie was able to prove Russell's judgement wrong and she was crowned the 19th Sole Survivor in a 7-2-0 vote.
At the live Reunion Show, hurt by his loss to Natalie, protesting that "she didn't do anything", Russell allowed Natalie to keep her $1 Million and offered Natalie an additional $100,000 for the title of Sole Survivor. She politely declined the offer, stating the title of Sole Survivor is priceless and should only be obtained by one means: winning the votes of the jury.
|Natalie's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|4||Foa Foa Tribe Immune|
| Brett, Dave, John,|
Brett, Dave, Monica1
| Jury Votes|
| Brett, Dave, Erik, Jaison,|
Kelly, Laura, Monica
|Sole Survivor, Day 39|
^1 In The Day of Reckoning, the vote ended with a 5-5 tie between Natalie and Laura, forcing a revote. On the revote, Natalie did not receive enough votes to be eliminated.
- On January 9, 2010, Natalie attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- Natalie originally applied to appear on The Amazing Race with her boyfriend, but was transferred.
- Natalie is the only female member of Foa Foa to make the merge.
- She is also the only female member of Foa Foa to never receive a vote pre-merge.
- Natalie is tied with Kim Spradlin for the most Jury votes for a woman, at 7.
- Natalie is one of seven winners (along with Tina Wesson, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Yul Kwon, Earl Cole, Todd Herzog, and Tony Vlachos) to win Survivor without winning individual immunity.
- Natalie has the least amount of challenge wins than any other Sole Survivor with three.
- Natalie holds the record for the most Tribal Councils in a season survived while being vulnerable, with 14.
- Natalie is the first castaway named Natalie to win Survivor. She is followed by Natalie Anderson.
- Natalie is the first female Sole Survivor to win with a Final Three format.
- Natalie was the first woman to win against two male finalists at Final Tribal Council.
- Natalie is the first female Sole Survivor to win a season comprised entirely of new castaways since Sandra Diaz-Twine in Survivor: Pearl Islands, 12 seasons prior.
- Natalie is the third winner to be involved in a tie, following Richard Hatch and Bob Crowley.
- Despite only receiving votes at one Tribal Council, Natalie has the most votes cast against her out of any other female Sole Survivor with 8 votes.
|Sole Survivor Titleholder|
| Succeeded by|
Heroes vs. Villains
|Survivor: Samoa Castaways|