|Birth Date||May 6, 1991|
|Placement||2nd Runner-Up (3/18)|
|Alliance(s)||Stealth R Us|
Natalie Tenerelli is a contestant from Survivor: Redemption Island.
A member of the commanding Ometepe Alliance, Natalie was taken far into the merge despite disagreements with its members, especially Phillip Sheppard. However, her loyalty ended up being her downfall, as she received third place in the Final Tribal Council, ending up with 0 votes to win.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Natalie Tenerelli (19)
Current Residence: Acton, Calif.
Occupation: Professional Dancer
Personal Claim to Fame: Being the youngest female to play the game.
Inspiration in Life: Lady Gaga. Haha, just kidding. My parents have worked extremely hard to give me a good life. They have made it possible for me to follow my dreams and never give up in life. I would hope that in the future I could be half as good of a parent myself.
Hobbies: Dancing, spending time with friends and family, and trying to cook...sometimes this ends badly.
Pet Peeves: When people chomp their food.
3 Words to Describe You: Determined, spontaneous and positive.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Natalie White from Samoa.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: To have an experience of a lifetime and prove to myself that I can do anything that I put my mind to.
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: I have never quit anything that I have ever done and hopefully my ability to form good relationships with people will help me to "survive" 39 days in this game!
Reason why you think you will be the Sole Survivor: I have the charm to win people over and a good intuition about people and their intentions. People may suspect me to be young and naive, but they will be fooled!
Survivor: Redemption Island
Natalie was the youngest contestant on Survivor: Redemption Island, and, at the time, the youngest player in Survivor history. She started the game as a member of the Ometepe tribe with 4-time player Boston Rob. She immediately found herself a strong position in the game by forming strong alliances with both Boston Rob and Ashley Underwood, and being part of the dominant alliance of Ometepe which consisted of Natalie, Grant Mattos, Phillip Sheppard, Boston Rob, Andrea Boehlke, and Ashley Underwood (Matthew Elrod began in the alliance before being voted off and replaced by Phillip). Rob would conspire to bring Natalie to the end, believing her to be the game's biggest goat, apart from Phillip, and that bringing this pair to the end would be his best chance to win.
Though not an overall force in challenges, Natalie would win the first post-merge immunity, which would force Zapatera's lone Hidden Immunity Idol to be played (in vain as it was used by Ralph Kiser on Mike Chiesl, who received 0 votes) and consolidate Ometepe's advantage for good. At the Final 5, after intended target Ashley Underwood had won immunity, Rob would consider voting Natalie out to save his closest ally Grant and his goat Phillip, but decided Grant was too big a physical and jury threat at this late juncture and voted him off instead. At the Final 4, Natalie would be torn between her alliances with Rob and Ashley, but she sided with Rob and voted Ashley off, rather than forcing a tie and necessitating a firemaking tiebreaker between Ashley and Phillip.
While Natalie had hoped for a bitter jury against Rob and the abrasive Phillip, Rob's early belief that Natalie and Phillip would be his easiest final opponents was proven correct, because at Final Tribal Council, Natalie was berated harshly by the majority of the jury. She was criticized for her lack of work around camp, for her subservience to Rob, and for not getting to know anyone outside her core alliance. Ralph, Grant, and Andrea all stated that she and Rob were creepily close, and Julie Wolfe said her mother would be ashamed of how she let Rob use her. She received 0 jury votes and finished in 3rd place. While she is still regarded as one of the biggest goats in Survivor history, she still holds the honor of being the youngest finalist in the show's history.
|Natalie's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Ometepe Tribe Immune|
|5||Ometepe Tribe Immune|
|6||Ometepe Tribe Immune|
|7||Ometepe Tribe Immune|
| Jury Votes|
|Second Runner-Up, Day 39|
- Natalie became the guest of Survivor After Show, hosted by Parvati Shallow. Parvati compared her to Survivor: Caramoan contestant Julia Landauer, the Skype guest of the episode, and said that Natalie and Julia would make a great alliance.
- Natalie is currently a dancer for the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers.
- According to a December 2015 interview with Survivor: Worlds Apart castaway Max Dawson, Natalie is still friends with Ashley Underwood, Andrea Boehlke, Rob Mariano, but also talks with Matthew Elrod/Wyatt Nash, Phillip Sheppard, and Grant Mattos from time to time.
- Natalie, along with the Los Angeles Clippers, attended the March 14, 2016 taping for The Late Late Show with James Corden.
- Natalie attended the primetime Survivor edition of The Price Is Right on May 23, 2016. However, Natalie herself did not compete.
- Natalie is the youngest castaway in Survivor: Redemption Island, and the youngest finalist in Survivor history, being 19 years old at the time of filming.
- In rewards where Jeff Probst stressed that there would be alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in the reward, he was referring to Natalie being underage at the time. It should be noted that the legal drinking age in Nicaragua is actually 18, but castaways have to abide by both U.S. and local laws.
- Grant Mattos stated that he was proud of Natalie since she was able to be on Survivor at such a young age and that he wouldn't have been able to do it if he were her age.
- Natalie was one of 32 contestants eligible to be selected to compete on Survivor: Cambodia, but was not chosen to be on the final cast.
|Survivor: Redemption Island Castaways|