|Born:||April 11, 1986|
|Hometown:||Edgewater, New Jersey|
|Occupation:||Crossfit Coach/Physical Therapy Student|
|San Juan del Sur|
Natalie Anderson is the Sole Survivor of Survivor: San Juan del Sur.
Despite her twin sister Nadiya being the first person voted out, Natalie was able to integrate herself into the majority alliance for most of the game, making subtle strategic moves, building close relationships and keeping herself off everyone's radar. After her closest ally, Jeremy Collins, was blindsided by Jon Misch, Natalie played the game more aggressively and was able to pull the strings and orchestrate the blindsides of Jon, Alec Christy, and Baylor Wilson. Her strong social game, physical prowess and tactical gameplay earned her the respect of the jury and the title of Sole Survivor in a 5-2-1 vote.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name: Natalie Anderson (28)
Tribe Designation: Hunahpu
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Nadiya's twin sister
Current Residence: Edgewater, NJ
Occupation: Crossfit Coach and Physical Therapy Student
Personal Claim to Fame: Being on "The Amazing Race" twice! Getting kicked off first on All-Stars!
Pet Peeves: Girls who can't do anything for themselves, lazy people and dumb people.
Three Words to Describe You: Crazy, strong, and confident.
"Survivor" Contestant You Are Most Like: Tony Vlachos, but hopefully not as insane.
Reason for Being on "Survivor": The million dollars! Also, winning "Survivor" makes you a certified bad ass!
Why You Think You'll Survive "Survivor": I am physically, mentally, and emotionally strong. I am very strong willed and do not give up! I work well with people and feel like I would be a good tribemate. I know I will pull my weight with the camp chores and not be a burden to my tribe. Physically, I will be able to hang with the guys and be an asset in the team challenges. Also, I love the ocean and if I had to choose one place to spend the rest of my life, it would be the beach. I'm a true island girl!
What Does It Mean to You to Play "Survivor" with Your Loved One? Getting to be on "Survivor" with Nadiya means so much to me. No matter what we are doing, Nadiya and I have so much fun; whether we are working together or competing against each other! Doing something this intense and getting to share it with my twinnie is something I will never forget.
Natalie Anderson, a former contestant on The Amazing Race, competed on Survivor: San Juan del Sur with her twin and Race partner, Nadiya Anderson. When it was time to separate into tribes, Natalie ended up on the Hunahpu tribe. Natalie was quick to bond with Jeremy Collins, who she even deemed her "designated twinnie". At the first Immunity Challenge, Hunahpu came from behind after Coyopa struggled with the puzzle. Unfortunately, Nadiya ended up the first boot of the season. Natalie was upset when she learned of Nadiya's elimination to the point of tears, with some of Natalie's tribemates comforting her. Julie McGee then won the Hero Duel and fishing gear for the tribe. However, the tribe was forced to trade their fishing gear for a new flint since the first one was lost by Jon Misch. At the Immunity Challenge, Sumo at Sea, Natalie faced off against Val Collins and won. Hunahpu would win again after Kelley Wentworth won the rematch against her opponent, Jaclyn Schultz.
At the next Hero Duel, Wes Nale won the duel for Coyopa over his father, Keith. After the duel, Jeremy publicly outed to the tribe that one of Coyopa's members was former Major League Baseball pitcher John Rocker, infamous for his racist and homophobic Sports Illustrated interview. At the Immunity Challenge, Natalie was paired with Jon for the challenge. They participated in two separate rounds and won both, which was critical for Hunahpu winning the challenge. After the win, Natalie started to yell at John about his past. Eventually, John became sick of the yelling and said he would knock her teeth out if Natalie was a male. At the next Hero Duel, Hunahpu started clapping with the exception of John's girlfriend, Julie, when they learned that John was voted out. Jon won the duel over his girlfriend, Jaclyn. However, Hunahpu ultimately lost their first Immunity Challenge. Drew Christy included Natalie in on his plan of voting out Kelley because of fear of her leading a women's alliance. Natalie, who was annoyed with Drew's laziness, thought Drew was ridiculous because the season had more men than women. The women banded together to take out Drew and was successful, eliminating him in a 5-2-1-1 vote.
On Day 10, instead of a Hero Duel, there was a tribe switch. In a random draw of buffs, Natalie would stay on Hunahpu with Jeremy, Julie, and Reed Kelly. Jon, Keith, Kelley, and Missy Payne were transferred to Coyopa and were replaced by Alec Christy, Josh Canfield, and Wes. When showing the newcomers the Hunahpu camp, Natalie revealed that Hunahpu had very little rice left. At the Immunity Challenge, Hunahpu easily destroyed the new Coyopa tribe. The tribe then pleaded for more rice and was willing to give up anything. The next day, Jeff Probst came with rice but took all of the luxuries Hunahpu accumulated up until that point. At the Hero Duel, Reed won the tribe a Survivor barbecue over Coyopa's Baylor Wilson. Reed selected Julie to join Baylor on Exile Island. However, Natalie volunteered to go to exile with Baylor instead. While on exile, Baylor shared her clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol with Natalie. Hunahpu won the Immunity Challenge, keeping Natalie safe from elimination.
On Day 16, the tribes' Tree Mail heavily implied a merge. This was true and the tribes enjoyed a tribe feast. Because of their time on Exile, Jeremy and Natalie were easily able to get Baylor and Missy on their side. Jeremy clashed with Josh with each trying to get the other voted out. However, their campaign to eliminate the other was postponed because of Julie quitting the game. At the next Reward Challenge, Natalie was teamed with Reed, Jeremy, Keith, and Wes and won a trip to a Survivor taco bar. The castaways enjoyed the feast of tacos, but no strategy was discussed as everyone was on different alliances. At the Immunity Challenge, Jeremy won individual immunity. Afterwards, at the first Tribal Council after the merge, Josh was voted out in a 6-5 vote.
At the next Reward Challenge, the castaways were separated into two teams and had to face of against each other in one on one matches. Natalie faced of against Jaclyn twice and won both rounds. Natalie's team consisting of herself, Jeremy, Wes, Reed, and Alec won the challenge. But Jeremy and Natalie gave their rewards to Jon and Jaclyn as a way to cement their alliance with them. After Baylor won immunity, the alliance intended to have a split vote between Keith and Reed. However at Tribal Council, Natalie was stunned when Jeremy was blindsided out of the game.
After Jeremy's blindside, Natalie was angry with Jon and wanted revenge for her fallen comrade. At the next Reward Challenge, Natalie was teamed with Baylor, Missy, and Wes but they lost. Wes was sent off to Exile, and Missy was allowed to go on reward because of Reed giving his spot to her. Back at camp, Natalie wanted to look for the idol with Baylor. She sent Reed and Keith away to find firewood while the women would get water. Natalie was able to successfully find the idol, much to her and Baylor's delight. At the Immunity Challenge, it ultimately came down to Natalie and Reed. However, Natalie claimed in a confessional after the challenge that she started seeing stars and her eyes were closing. Natalie realized that she wasn't going to last much longer. Natalie bartered for food and Jeff returned with pizza, chicken wings, a cookie, and a tall glass of water. Natalie stepped down and Reed won immunity. The plan was to split the vote between Keith and Wes. However, Reed anticipated that plan and wanted to vote out Jon. At Tribal Council, Keith said to "stick to the plan", which alarmed the others of Reed's plan. Before the votes were read, Natalie told Jon to play his idol. Jon did use the idol, which prompted Keith to play his. All votes against both men were voided and Wes was eliminated.
Jaclyn thanked Natalie for saving Jon. However, Jon told Jaclyn not to give anyone else credit for anything. Natalie believed that Jon was concerned with making himself look like the mastermind to the jury. At the Reward Challenge, Natalie and her allies swiftly eliminated Reed, Keith, and Alec from the challenge. However, the challenge ended with Missy winning by default because it became clear that the remaining participants in the challenge would throw the challenge until they have the person who they wanted to win win. Missy picked Baylor and Natalie to join her on the trip to the horseback ranch. Natalie revealed to Missy that she and Baylor had found the idol. However, the women were worried about Jaclyn flipping to the men. At the Immunity Challenge, Keith won immunity and Reed was voted out at Tribal Council in a 7-1 vote.
At the next Reward Challenge, Natalie emerged victorious over Jaclyn. She exiled Alec and picked Jaclyn and Jon to join her on reward. However, Natalie picked the young couple because she wanted to further make them unsuspecting of a blindside. Natalie then decided to enact her vengeance on Jon. Natalie informed Baylor of her plan and told her to not tell her mom about the Jon blindside. Although she was uncomfortable about leaving her mom out in the dark, Baylor was willing to vote out Jon. However, Jon won individual immunity. Jon wanted to split the vote between Alec and Keith, with the latter being kicked out. However, Natalie decided to vote against Alec, only telling Baylor of her intentions. Alec was voted out in a 4-3 vote.
Jaclyn, Jon, and Missy were confused because Alec was eliminated instead of Keith. When it was learned that Natalie voted against Alec over Keith, she played it off as a mistake. Baylor was laughing when Jon was eating up Natalie's lie. At the Reward Challenge, Natalie was teamed with Baylor and Jaclyn but they lost. Natalie was the one who was sent to Exile Island. On Exile Island, Natalie reflected on the fact that this was the longest she went without Nadiya. At the Immunity Challenge, Natalie won individual immunity over Jon. Natalie wanted to do a split vote between Jaclyn and Jon in case the latter used his Hidden Immunity Idol. Natalie asked Baylor to get her mom to write Jaclyn's name down. Although Missy had her reservations, she did vote against Jaclyn and the vote was a 2-2-2 vote. When it was time to revote, Jon was voted out.
After Tribal Council, an upset Jaclyn started to yell at Natalie for her betrayal. Natalie was happy about Jaclyn's outburst because it would discourage people from working with her. Although Natalie had a deal with Missy and Baylor to make it to the end together, she was not against making it to the finals with Jaclyn and Keith. Keith won the next Reward Challenge, which was for an advantage at the final 5 Immunity Challenge. Afterwards, said advantage helped Keith win immunity. At Tribal Council, Natalie, wanting to add to her resume, decided to use her Hidden Immunity Idol on Jaclyn and blindside Baylor.
Despite Natalie eliminating her daughter from the game, Missy was not angry with Natalie as she didn't have to vote out Baylor. The women then agreed that Keith should be the one taken out next. At the Final Immunity Challenge, it was originally between Keith and Natalie. However, Jaclyn solved the puzzle first, which allowed her to win final immunity over Natalie. Natalie was worried about Jaclyn and Missy turning on her. However, the women voted out Keith at Tribal Council.
At the Final Tribal Council, Natalie's opening statement was that she was deserving because she had outwitted, outlasted and outplayed better than the other women that she was beside with, and elaborated on each one. Natalie ended her statement by saying that she believed that the bright move for Missy and Jaclyn should have been voting her out last Tribal Council over Keith. When the vote came, Natalie was declared the Sole Survivor over Jaclyn and Missy in a 5-2-1 vote.
|Natalie's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Hunahpu Tribe Immune|
|2||Hunahpu Tribe Immune|
|3||Hunahpu Tribe Immune|
|5||Hunahpu Tribe Immune|
|6||Hunahpu Tribe Immune|
|7||No Tribal Council|
| Alec, Jeremy,|
Josh, Keith, Wes
|Sole Survivor, Day 39|
^1 In This Is Where We Build Trust, Keith used a Hidden Immunity Idol, negating Natalie's vote against him.
^2 In Let's Make A Move, the vote ended with a 2-2-2 tie between Jaclyn, Jon, and Keith, forcing a revote. Natalie did not change her vote on the revote.
- Natalie considered moving to Sri Lanka and opened a Cross Fit using her winnings.
- Natalie, along with Tina Wesson, Rob Mariano, Rupert Boneham, Cirie Fields, Woo Hwang, Jeremy Collins, Kelley Wentworth, and Joe Anglim, competed on a Survivor edition of The Price Is Right primetime special that aired on May 23, 2016. Natalie and her partner, John, did not make it up on stage.
- On April 12, 2017, Natalie, along with Brice Johnston and Brian Corridan, appeared on an episode of Pen Fan Forum hosted by Andrea Boehlke to discuss the seventh episode of Survivor: Game Changers.
- Natalie and her sister Nadiya Anderson are the first castaways to first appear on The Amazing Race before competing on Survivor.
- Natalie and her sister Nadiya are the currently the only pair of sisters to play Survivor.
- Natalie is one of fifteen castaways, along with Rob Mariano, Keith Tollefson, John Palyok, Amber Brkich, Ethan Zohn, Richard Hatch, Hayden Moss, Jenna Morasca, Twila Tanner, Jon Dalton, Whitney Duncan, Nadiya, Michael Jefferson, and Caleb Reynolds to compete on other reality shows besides Survivor.
- Natalie is the youngest female member of the Hunahpu tribe.
- Natalie is the only one of the Final Three in San Juan del Sur to not receive the jury vote of their loved one. This was because her loved one, Nadiya Anderson, was not on the jury.
- Natalie is the first female to be exiled with another female castaway since Taj Johnson-George was exiled with Sierra Reed in Survivor: Tocantins.
- Natalie is tied with Michele Fitzgerald for the most challenge wins (tribal and individual) for a female Sole Survivor, with 13. She is also the Sole Survivor with the fourth most challenge wins, only preceded by Bob Crowley (14 wins), Mike Holloway (14 wins), and Tom Westman (17 wins).
- Natalie is the fourth consecutive castaway named "Natalie" to reach the final four, after Bolton, White, and Tenerelli, the third consecutive castaway named "Natalie" to reach the Final Tribal Council in a Final Three, after White and Tenerelli, and the second castaway named "Natalie" to be crowned the Sole Survivor, after White.
- Natalie became the eighth Sole Survivor to win without a vote cast against her during the whole season, following Tina Wesson, Ethan Zohn, Brian Heidik, Sandra Diaz-Twine (in Survivor: Pearl Islands), Tom Westman, J.T. Thomas, and John Cochran.
- Natalie is the first Asian-American woman to win Survivor, and the first Asian-American Sole Survivor since Yul Kwon.
- Natalie won the RHAP Fan Favorite Player of the Season award with 49% of the votes.
- On February 24, 2015, Natalie was elected Miss Survivor 2015.
- Natalie was originally cast in Survivor: Game Changers, but she backed out at the last minute and was replaced by Sierra Dawn Thomas.
- Natalie, and her twin sister, Nadiya are the fourth and fifth contestants to have dual citizenship following Aras Baskauskas of Survivor: Panama and Survivor: Blood vs. Water, Todd Herzog of Survivor: China, and Abi-Maria Gomes of Survivor: Philippines.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/214921/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/photos/1003387/7-fun-facts-from-survivor-san-juan-del-sur/73881/with-her-winnings-natalie-said-she-was-considering-moving-to-sri-lanka-and-opening-a-cross-fit-there-/
- ↑ http://parade.com/472671/joshwigler/survivor-big-brother-amazing-race-the-price-is-right-photos/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PeopleEWNetwork/status/852326838286389251
- ↑ http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/18/sierra-dawn-thomas-survivor-game-changers/
|Sole Survivor Titleholder|
San Juan del Sur
| Succeeded by|
|Survivor: San Juan del Sur Castaways|